Respond to this Topic
Sysko
Sysko
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Audiophile
Response to Torture game and $100. 2 of 20 Jul. 1st, 2008 @ 04:24 PM Reply

Everyone's so busy comlaining about the News that no one noticed the awesome picture that guy made in Torture Game 2. It's pure art. Whoever said Video Games aren't art probably never painted a picture in their life.

theendofnewgrounds
theendofnewgrounds
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 08
Blank Slate
Response to Torture game and $100. 2 of 20 Jul. 1st, 2008 @ 04:31 PM Reply

im back here to say that FOX or should it be GOB? GOB is Girly Overrated Bitches XD.they think we give a fuc about them they can kiss my white ass for all i care. they do u have hot chicks on it thought WOOHOO

MortalMaxx
MortalMaxx
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 19
Blank Slate
Response to Torture game and $100. 2 of 20 Jul. 1st, 2008 @ 04:32 PM Reply

Hehe that game deserves the credit.. It reminds me that NG can still stirr the media, just like when Kaboom! (suicide bomber game) came out.. I wonder if there's gonna be a sequel to that.

SecretClock
SecretClock
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 10
Blank Slate
Response to Torture game and $100. 2 of 20 Jul. 1st, 2008 @ 04:36 PM Reply

The people in the News are really stupid because there job is to report and make things sound over dramatic to get more views. But then because of this over protective mothers with hyphenated names try to get websites like Newgrounds of the internet. What people in America don't realize is that AMERICA DOESN'T OWN THE FUCKING INTERNET!!! And we have freedom of speech, so actually if you are offended by the game don't watch it.

To sum this up: Pinko Liberal Bisnitches always try to offened internet rights and they always make people think that they are in control. People like Hillary Clinton, Nancy Palloci and Rob Rhiner are just
dumbasses who think that children are effected by violent video games and they also want to change America into a Socilist Type Goverment. FUCK the democratic part and Fuck the system, Amecia and stupid ass American citizens need to back down they need to understand they are not the rulers of the world and they need to choose if they are going to respect peoples rights or if they aren't. They can't have their cake and eat it too.

One less thing to any body viewing this website: Fuck the Patriot Act, it is a violation of me as an American Citizen (I personally believe this act would be okay if it only allowed professional Govermental agencys to tap phone lines, not gay lawyers.)

Ansel
Ansel
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 23
Blank Slate
Response to Torture game and $100. 2 of 20 Jul. 1st, 2008 @ 04:38 PM Reply

The funniest part about Fox News' massive freakout over the torture game is that they really have no clue what a lot of the flash games on here are like :3 If they played, say, Madness Interactive, there'd be a story on that too. When Fox sees something they can rant and squeal about, they definitely rant and squeal, but rarely follow up on their story or continue their "investigation," as they like to call their little bullshit sessions.

I agree with SecretClock-- we should have an anti-press day. In fact, I think this site needs more themed days/contests, period. Maybe not with prizes or anything, but just an idea or theme to give people inspiration. Maybe people get enough inspiration from the events surrounding NG as it is. If a bunch of people made anti-Fox flashes, you KNOW Fox would report on it. "...personally insulting news anchors, profanely denouncing Fox News, and terrorizing innocent people like an INTERNET HATE MACHINE"

BBS Signature
COKEHEAD75
COKEHEAD75
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 31
Blank Slate
Response to Torture game and $100. 2 of 20 Jul. 1st, 2008 @ 04:39 PM Reply

Congratulations to chainsawmurderer53!
Enjoy your 100$.

COKEHEAD75

SecretClock
SecretClock
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 10
Blank Slate
Response to Torture game and $100. 2 of 20 Jul. 1st, 2008 @ 04:46 PM Reply

I agree with SecretClock-- we should have an anti-press day. In fact, I think this site needs more themed days/contests, period. Maybe not with prizes or anything, but just an idea or theme to give people inspiration. Maybe people get enough inspiration from the events surrounding NG as it is. If a bunch of people made anti-Fox flashes, you KNOW Fox would report on it. "...personally insulting news anchors, profanely denouncing Fox News, and terrorizing innocent people like an INTERNET HATE MACHINE"

Hey I am not changing the thread topic but anyone who agrees we should have an anti-press day post this after your post:

"Say yes to anti-press"

Kidlazarus
Kidlazarus
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Blank Slate
Response to Torture game and $100. 2 of 20 Jul. 1st, 2008 @ 04:48 PM Reply

I didn't even know the Torture Game existed before life posted the video on the BBS.

Congrats to chainsawmurderer53.

John12346
John12346
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 35
Gamer
Response to Torture game and $100. 2 of 20 Jul. 1st, 2008 @ 04:50 PM Reply

So, there's no sign-up necessary? I just deposit, and there's a 1 in (number of people who deposited) chance of me winning $100?

klopatng
klopatng
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 14
Movie Buff
Response to Torture game and $100. 2 of 20 Jul. 1st, 2008 @ 04:52 PM Reply

It makes you wonder what Fox News correspondents thought they were going to see when they decided to click on a link leading to "The Torture Game 2."

Quotation is a servicable substitute for wit. -Oscar Wilde|Something go wrong? It's McFooFa's fault!
At 9/6/09 01:23 PM, Porkchop wrote:
This isn't Halo, you queefer.

BBS Signature
TomFulp
TomFulp
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Staff
Level 14
Game Developer
Response to Torture game and $100. 2 of 20 Jul. 1st, 2008 @ 04:54 PM Reply

At 7/1/08 04:36 PM, SecretClock wrote: To sum this up: Pinko Liberal Bisnitches always try to offened internet rights and they always make people think that they are in control.

One less thing to any body viewing this website: Fuck the Patriot Act, it is a violation of me as an American Citizen (I personally believe this act would be okay if it only allowed professional Govermental agencys to tap phone lines, not gay lawyers.)

Just a side note... Fox and the Patriot Act are both products of right wing conservatives and not liberals. But yeah there's a lot of douchery out there.

This is the game JohnnyUtah and I have been working on.

BBS Signature
shadow-king94
shadow-king94
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 26
Animator
Response to Torture game and $100. 2 of 20 Jul. 1st, 2008 @ 04:55 PM Reply

i really freakin hope i win that $100 my family really needs the money

they say the mind twists and bends in order to deal with the horrors of reality i think my mind bent and twisted so much it snapped in two

BBS Signature
SCTE3
SCTE3
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Level 44
Musician
Response to Torture game and $100. 2 of 20 Jul. 1st, 2008 @ 04:59 PM Reply

At 7/1/08 04:54 PM, TomFulp wrote:
At 7/1/08 04:36 PM, SecretClock wrote: To sum this up: Pinko Liberal Bisnitches always try to offened internet rights and they always make people think that they are in control.

Just a side note... Fox and the Patriot Act are both products of right wing conservatives and not liberals. But yeah there's a lot of douchery out there.

did i forget to say.....i met a guy that looked like ross last night..had same humor and all..but he didnt work for yahoo..

<3//Request a Review//Review Request Club // #9 Reviewer // #3 Audio Reviewer

BBS Signature
Dekuboy
Dekuboy
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 22
Blank Slate
Response to Torture game and $100. 2 of 20 Jul. 1st, 2008 @ 04:59 PM Reply

Congrats to the winner of the 100 dollars. I'm jealous. XD. It seems as though the Torture game has been getting a lot of publicity. Oh well, it'll just attract more people, I suppose.

I'd love to hear from you. :3 | E-Mail: evansweeney@gmx.com | AIM: EvantheDeku | Oh dear, Dekuboy is back..

BBS Signature
SecretClock
SecretClock
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 10
Blank Slate
Response to Torture game and $100. 2 of 20 Jul. 1st, 2008 @ 05:05 PM Reply

At 7/1/08 04:54 PM, TomFulp wrote:

Sorry Tommy F, yes Fox and the Patriot act are supposed to be from the conservatives and I agree with you but the conservative republicans were not acting like republicans when the Patriot act was passed. The purpose of the republican party was for a smaller and less powerful government but the Patriot Act actual goes against what the Republican party stands for so they were acting like democrats not liberals though (don't know why I said that). But I agree with you, total douchery. The Government is filled with fucked up hippocrits, let's leave it at that. ( as conservative as FOX news claims to be they are just liberal faggots.)

alternativesolution
alternativesolution
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 16
Musician
Response to Torture game and $100. 2 of 20 Jul. 1st, 2008 @ 05:07 PM Reply

At 7/1/08 12:14 PM, TomFulp wrote: but the real fun came when FOX News weighed in with a Fair & Balanced video, expressing their disgust while showing real-time footage of the person being tortured. Hey! At least we slapped a MATURE rating on the game and made you click a link to view it... Fox just dumped it into every living room in America!

Well..damn.

Thos stupid bastards.

------->>> Post a random word

BBS Signature
Jinzoa
Jinzoa
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Blank Slate
Response to Torture game and $100. 2 of 20 Jul. 1st, 2008 @ 05:13 PM Reply

Well newgrounds wins either way, any publicity is good publicity so to speak.

That said what ever did happen to real news? I miss the good old days :(

ZXcensRain
ZXcensRain
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 03
Blank Slate
Response to Torture game and $100. 2 of 20 Jul. 1st, 2008 @ 05:15 PM Reply

Ya I agree with u tom people try to frame ur site all the time for some of the users or members of newgrounds and what they did and they dont comprehinde that is not ur fault u no?

SecretClock
SecretClock
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 10
Blank Slate
Response to Torture game and $100. 2 of 20 Jul. 1st, 2008 @ 05:18 PM Reply

After News is put out Tom Fulp should put in a few extra adds for a 7-day period and make extra money. Although that is kinda hard to do.

Ghosty22
Ghosty22
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 24
Blank Slate
Response to Torture game and $100. 2 of 20 Jul. 1st, 2008 @ 05:19 PM Reply

I personally don't find the game all that fun, but I'd be interested in learning who the game was made for. When the creator submitted it, he selected certain criteria that would allow Newgrounds to put an appropriate rating on it. That's how it's done when you submit to Newgrounds. You select the indicators marked " violence," "explicit violence," "sexual content," and/or "explicit content." I don't remember if those are the exact terms used on the Newgrounds submission page or not, but anyone who has ever submitted to Newgrounds knows that you classify your submission with any of those indicators that apply.

Anyway, my point is, that the Newgrounds rating was something like "Mature: Excessive Violence." The "Mature" label, applied based on the criteria selected by the author, clearly means that it isn't for children. That much is obvious. When Fox news presented their report, they described the game this way, "It puts your child in the driver's seat to torture a make believe hanging person..." At the bottom of the screen, there was some text that read, "Let's kids torture human figures" The Fox report appeared to be misrepresenting the game as a submission deliberately made for kids. They had a commentator on talking about the effects it has on kids.

But it obviously wasn't for kids, because the label at the top of the screen said "Mature: Excessive Violence."

I don't know about you, but if I was the creator of that game, I'd sue the shit out of Fox News for slander, especially if I put a mature label on it everywhere I submitted it. Seriously, if the guy made this for a mature audience, he doesn't need Fox telling the world that he designed it for children. I believe that's called slander. Sue 'em.

SecretClock
SecretClock
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 10
Blank Slate
Response to Torture game and $100. 2 of 20 Jul. 1st, 2008 @ 05:26 PM Reply

At 7/1/08 05:19 PM, Ghosty22 wrote: I personally don't find the game all that fun, but I'd be interested in learning who the game was made for. When the creator submitted it, he selected certain criteria that would allow Newgrounds to put an appropriate rating on it. That's how it's done when you submit to Newgrounds. You select the indicators marked " violence," "explicit violence," "sexual content," and/or "explicit content." I don't remember if those are the exact terms used on the Newgrounds submission page or not, but anyone who has ever submitted to Newgrounds knows that you classify your submission with any of those indicators that apply.

"It puts your child in the driver's seat to torture a make believe hanging person..." At the bottom of the screen, there was some text that read, "Let's kids torture human figures" The Fox report appeared to be misrepresenting the game as a submission deliberately made for kids. They had a commentator on talking about the effects it has on kids.

But it obviously wasn't for kids, because the label at the top of the screen said "Mature: Excessive Violence."

I don't know about you, but if I was the creator of that game, I'd sue the shit out of Fox News for slander, especially if I put a mature label on it everywhere I submitted it. Seriously, if the guy made this for a mature audience, he doesn't need Fox telling the world that he designed it for children. I believe that's called slander. Sue 'em.

The Newgrounds Corporation (lol) should sue Fox News for slander! Fox News has gotten away with slander many times before and I think it is time to be like a drunk husband and punch them in the mouth. Fox news once was a good news station but they have hired such retarded CEOs and producers who hire dumb ass reporters.

Bill Orielly is jacking off to these comments as I speak.

ZXcensRain
ZXcensRain
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 03
Blank Slate
Response to Torture game and $100. 2 of 20 Jul. 1st, 2008 @ 05:27 PM Reply

The NEWS is only one person's feeling about something and stupid people that wach the NEWS Agree with every thing the NEWS sez enyone with me?

Major-Blood
Major-Blood
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 38
Blank Slate
Response to Torture game and $100. 2 of 20 Jul. 1st, 2008 @ 05:31 PM Reply

Any publicity is good publicity.

ZXcensRain
ZXcensRain
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 03
Blank Slate
Response to Torture game and $100. 2 of 20 Jul. 1st, 2008 @ 05:34 PM Reply

yes it is

hagaya
hagaya
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 10
Blank Slate
Response to Torture game and $100. 2 of 20 Jul. 1st, 2008 @ 05:49 PM Reply

Does fox network even realize that MATURE means NOT KIDS? seriously, even though its open on the site, they think that its just for children because its a game on a website that just so happens to have kid-friendly content. what a load of Bullshiest. Not to mention that Fox is the same network of liberal integrity that said that Mass Effect had the most Realistic and Disgusting(you didn't see anything you shouldn't in a mature game, and it was as tasteful as a sex cutscene can be) interactive(video) sex scene in a video game. Notice something? Fox has no real news, so it finds as much crap that could be considered "questionable" or "shocking" to yell about in a melodramatic voice. "It teaches kids how to TORTURE HUMAN BEINGS!!" wow. Very nice to the people on this site, Fox Network. Anybody realize that this could be a stress reducer? It gives people the ability to take their anger out on something without actually doing it. Don't forget, INTERACTIVE BUDDY! its the exact same thing, only mature. Fox is a bitch.

Killers123
Killers123
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 12
Blank Slate
Response to Torture game and $100. 2 of 20 Jul. 1st, 2008 @ 05:49 PM Reply

Hey, its just more site views.

i did it for the lulz

BBS Signature
aquaticmole
aquaticmole
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 29
Melancholy
Response to Torture game and $100. 2 of 20 Jul. 1st, 2008 @ 05:50 PM Reply

awesome I will be depositing.

aquaticmole.

BBS Signature
skinnyeddy
skinnyeddy
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 08
Blank Slate
Response to Torture game and $100. 2 of 20 Jul. 1st, 2008 @ 05:51 PM Reply

At 7/1/08 05:31 PM, Major-Blood wrote: Any publicity is good publicity.

Exactly! People who watched Fox's news broadcast will come here and look, then they'll look at all the other great (although maybe less disturbing) stuff.

Newgrounds 1 - Biased-news-broadcasting-networks 0

SecretClock
SecretClock
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 10
Blank Slate
Response to Torture game and $100. 2 of 20 Jul. 1st, 2008 @ 06:01 PM Reply

windabenedetti@msnbc.com
I found an email to the MSNBC website blogger or whatever. It think it is by an NG user.

Dear Winda,

Why do you think it is okay to complain about a little computer game, because you can?

If you saw the title: The Torture Game 2 then what were you inspecting. In fact, how did you learn you could chainsaw off the head of a defensless man? Did you try it first? Was it because you didn't take torture seriously until YOU thought it went to far. I agree with you that the game is sick. But you took it too far. Publishing an article about this game was a big mistake because Newgrounds viewers are going to probably make fun of you for the next few months.

You should not complain about other peoples abilities to have rights! The creater of the game was praticing his own freedom of speech just as you did in your article. So he made a game, what is it to you? He has the same rights as you so do not try to take them away.

When I read your article I also realized you read the review ratings, these ratings are not for what the game is about but the engine, graphics and overall quality of the game. While The Torture Game 2 is the only game that you noticed there are hundreds of other games, possibly thousands that contain a same genre. Honestly, I see were you are coming from but why did you have to go bitch about it? Was it lack of stories? Ratings?

Nice article though, you are a good writer but you should not complain about things like this, even though you can (because of your rights).

by the way you can tell her she's a bitch right here! (or agree with her)

windabenedetti@msnbc.com

homor
homor
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 15
Gamer
Response to Torture game and $100. 2 of 20 Jul. 1st, 2008 @ 06:09 PM Reply

tom, i know what you mean, it pissed me off more than you could have imagened, for more than those reasons.

i was so mad about it, i decieded to do something about it.

wanna help? send an email to the address listed in the topic, a long well thought out email, or even a well thought out statment outlining everything about that segment that pissed you off.

show fox news that you're not about to be its ass slave.

/slight whoring.

"Guns don't kill people, the government does."
- Dale Gribble
Please do not contact Homor to get your message added to this sig, there is no more room.

BBS Signature