00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

markololohands just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Torture game and $100. 2 of 20

53,367 Views | 187 Replies
Respond to this Topic

Response to Torture game and $100. 2 of 20 2008-07-01 17:15:00

Ya I agree with u tom people try to frame ur site all the time for some of the users or members of newgrounds and what they did and they dont comprehinde that is not ur fault u no?

Response to Torture game and $100. 2 of 20 2008-07-01 17:18:16

After News is put out Tom Fulp should put in a few extra adds for a 7-day period and make extra money. Although that is kinda hard to do.

Response to Torture game and $100. 2 of 20 2008-07-01 17:19:48

I personally don't find the game all that fun, but I'd be interested in learning who the game was made for. When the creator submitted it, he selected certain criteria that would allow Newgrounds to put an appropriate rating on it. That's how it's done when you submit to Newgrounds. You select the indicators marked " violence," "explicit violence," "sexual content," and/or "explicit content." I don't remember if those are the exact terms used on the Newgrounds submission page or not, but anyone who has ever submitted to Newgrounds knows that you classify your submission with any of those indicators that apply.

Anyway, my point is, that the Newgrounds rating was something like "Mature: Excessive Violence." The "Mature" label, applied based on the criteria selected by the author, clearly means that it isn't for children. That much is obvious. When Fox news presented their report, they described the game this way, "It puts your child in the driver's seat to torture a make believe hanging person..." At the bottom of the screen, there was some text that read, "Let's kids torture human figures" The Fox report appeared to be misrepresenting the game as a submission deliberately made for kids. They had a commentator on talking about the effects it has on kids.

But it obviously wasn't for kids, because the label at the top of the screen said "Mature: Excessive Violence."

I don't know about you, but if I was the creator of that game, I'd sue the shit out of Fox News for slander, especially if I put a mature label on it everywhere I submitted it. Seriously, if the guy made this for a mature audience, he doesn't need Fox telling the world that he designed it for children. I believe that's called slander. Sue 'em.

Response to Torture game and $100. 2 of 20 2008-07-01 17:26:43

At 7/1/08 05:19 PM, Ghosty22 wrote: I personally don't find the game all that fun, but I'd be interested in learning who the game was made for. When the creator submitted it, he selected certain criteria that would allow Newgrounds to put an appropriate rating on it. That's how it's done when you submit to Newgrounds. You select the indicators marked " violence," "explicit violence," "sexual content," and/or "explicit content." I don't remember if those are the exact terms used on the Newgrounds submission page or not, but anyone who has ever submitted to Newgrounds knows that you classify your submission with any of those indicators that apply.

"It puts your child in the driver's seat to torture a make believe hanging person..." At the bottom of the screen, there was some text that read, "Let's kids torture human figures" The Fox report appeared to be misrepresenting the game as a submission deliberately made for kids. They had a commentator on talking about the effects it has on kids.

But it obviously wasn't for kids, because the label at the top of the screen said "Mature: Excessive Violence."

I don't know about you, but if I was the creator of that game, I'd sue the shit out of Fox News for slander, especially if I put a mature label on it everywhere I submitted it. Seriously, if the guy made this for a mature audience, he doesn't need Fox telling the world that he designed it for children. I believe that's called slander. Sue 'em.

The Newgrounds Corporation (lol) should sue Fox News for slander! Fox News has gotten away with slander many times before and I think it is time to be like a drunk husband and punch them in the mouth. Fox news once was a good news station but they have hired such retarded CEOs and producers who hire dumb ass reporters.

Bill Orielly is jacking off to these comments as I speak.

Response to Torture game and $100. 2 of 20 2008-07-01 17:27:12

The NEWS is only one person's feeling about something and stupid people that wach the NEWS Agree with every thing the NEWS sez enyone with me?

Response to Torture game and $100. 2 of 20 2008-07-01 17:31:33

Any publicity is good publicity.

Response to Torture game and $100. 2 of 20 2008-07-01 17:34:32

yes it is

Response to Torture game and $100. 2 of 20 2008-07-01 17:49:17

Hey, its just more site views.

i did it for the lulz

BBS Signature

Response to Torture game and $100. 2 of 20 2008-07-01 17:50:09

awesome I will be depositing.

aquaticmole.

BBS Signature

Response to Torture game and $100. 2 of 20 2008-07-01 17:51:29

At 7/1/08 05:31 PM, Major-Blood wrote: Any publicity is good publicity.

Exactly! People who watched Fox's news broadcast will come here and look, then they'll look at all the other great (although maybe less disturbing) stuff.

Newgrounds 1 - Biased-news-broadcasting-networks 0

Response to Torture game and $100. 2 of 20 2008-07-01 18:01:10

windabenedetti@msnbc.com
I found an email to the MSNBC website blogger or whatever. It think it is by an NG user.

Dear Winda,

Why do you think it is okay to complain about a little computer game, because you can?

If you saw the title: The Torture Game 2 then what were you inspecting. In fact, how did you learn you could chainsaw off the head of a defensless man? Did you try it first? Was it because you didn't take torture seriously until YOU thought it went to far. I agree with you that the game is sick. But you took it too far. Publishing an article about this game was a big mistake because Newgrounds viewers are going to probably make fun of you for the next few months.

You should not complain about other peoples abilities to have rights! The creater of the game was praticing his own freedom of speech just as you did in your article. So he made a game, what is it to you? He has the same rights as you so do not try to take them away.

When I read your article I also realized you read the review ratings, these ratings are not for what the game is about but the engine, graphics and overall quality of the game. While The Torture Game 2 is the only game that you noticed there are hundreds of other games, possibly thousands that contain a same genre. Honestly, I see were you are coming from but why did you have to go bitch about it? Was it lack of stories? Ratings?

Nice article though, you are a good writer but you should not complain about things like this, even though you can (because of your rights).

by the way you can tell her she's a bitch right here! (or agree with her)

windabenedetti@msnbc.com

Response to Torture game and $100. 2 of 20 2008-07-01 18:09:42

tom, i know what you mean, it pissed me off more than you could have imagened, for more than those reasons.

i was so mad about it, i decieded to do something about it.

wanna help? send an email to the address listed in the topic, a long well thought out email, or even a well thought out statment outlining everything about that segment that pissed you off.

show fox news that you're not about to be its ass slave.

/slight whoring.

"Guns don't kill people, the government does."

- Dale Gribble

Please do not contact Homor to get your message added to this sig, there is no more room.

BBS Signature

Response to Torture game and $100. 2 of 20 2008-07-01 18:13:00

Wow! This is simply awesome!

$$$ | Strawberry Dodge | Abusive Reviews! | Sig by TheDingo

BBS Signature

Response to Torture game and $100. 2 of 20 2008-07-01 18:14:46

I wanna fuck melissa henson of the parents television council so badly and that other chick conducting the interview was really hot too.

Response to Torture game and $100. 2 of 20 2008-07-01 18:14:57

At 7/1/08 06:01 PM, SecretClock wrote: windabenedetti@msnbc.com
I found an email to the MSNBC website blogger or whatever. It think it is by an NG user.

dude, despite her mixing in a bit of anti-goverment bullshit in the post, she was preaty fair.

its fox news we want, not her.

"Guns don't kill people, the government does."

- Dale Gribble

Please do not contact Homor to get your message added to this sig, there is no more room.

BBS Signature

Response to Torture game and $100. 2 of 20 2008-07-01 18:32:42

At 7/1/08 12:14 PM, TomFulp wrote: Also, this picture was drawn with blood

no freaking way that is made with blood

Response to Torture game and $100. 2 of 20 2008-07-01 18:34:18

At 7/1/08 12:14 PM, TomFulp wrote: MSNBC picked up on the TIGSource debate and posted their own article about the game

that interview basically slates it at every turn, its the worst article ive ever seen, totally one sided, and goes into WAY too much detal

MSNBC need to write about important stuff, not a game

Response to Torture game and $100. 2 of 20 2008-07-01 18:55:50

Well if it gets kids used to torture, it's down right patriotic!

Response to Torture game and $100. 2 of 20 2008-07-01 19:17:18

At 7/1/08 06:55 PM, Originality wrote: Well if it gets kids used to torture, it's down right patriotic!

Haha. ^

This whole thing is ridiculous and blown out of proportion. Shame on Fox.

Response to Torture game and $100. 2 of 20 2008-07-01 19:22:10

I just got back from sensible erection (link at top...) and LAUGHED MY ASS OFF! Those guys did some hilarious things with Torture Game 2. There was a spiderman, and a bruce lee... And the first one was pretty funny too... His picture was a bunch of chunks as if he went at it lke a mad man, and it his post was kinda confused, he said "I didn't get any points, and I didn't level up..." There was more than that, and those MAY have not been his exact words, but thats the summary. Any ways, I'd suggest you guys and gals check it out, good for a few laughs...

Response to Torture game and $100. 2 of 20 2008-07-01 19:25:34

i knew about the torture game 2 before it got all corprate!

Response to Torture game and $100. 2 of 20 2008-07-01 19:26:59

It does not surpise me with the news although i dont get Fox news ,in the UK the press is a bunch of prats. What wrong with these morans as someone said earlier ,it rated mature for a reason. It just a game its not real i never killed anyone, for playing violet games stupid idiots. Thats what i hate about the news, always have to blame someone.

Archer I'm a good shot!

Response to Torture game and $100. 2 of 20 2008-07-01 19:33:32

At 7/1/08 12:19 PM, Idiot-Finder wrote: Thanks to Fox, Newgrounds is now receiving more exposure for a moment.

Yay! Tom, send them a medal. Or some stickers.

Response to Torture game and $100. 2 of 20 2008-07-01 20:00:17

well there will always be controversy, we just need to deal with it?(BTW that game looks like fun!!!)

I love hunting for Blam points!!!

BBS Signature

Response to Torture game and $100. 2 of 20 2008-07-01 20:06:09

hey im levinewman im 14 and i want to learn how to make flash. please tell me a good place 2 start. i make animations in paint and powerpoint but i want 2 acually make a cool video or game. i made tht hulk picture of me lol. please read this!!!

leviNewman

Response to Torture game and $100. 2 of 20 2008-07-01 20:15:52

Meh, no one WANTS to say, "...And Teens and Adults have visited an incredibly popular site since 1999. Newgrounds.com, created by Tom Fulp, hosted many amazing games created by average people. Others like Egoraptor, creator of a very popular series called "Awesome", create the flash animations for money." Wow...That was surprisingly okay. TOM HAVE YOU SEEN THIS?! HAVE YOU??!!?

Response to Torture game and $100. 2 of 20 2008-07-01 20:30:20

woa is awsome but kinda scary

it looks good but the fingers of the right hand are like twisted
lol

Response to Torture game and $100. 2 of 20 2008-07-01 20:37:47

Holy shit guys...this might be bad...If you watch the video they are PISSED. This is gonna be in the PAPER. They may just sit there and say, "Oh I don't like that, it disgusts me." WHY ARE THEY PLAYING IT, HOW DID THEY FIND IT?! The author is in BIG trouble...Oh and yes I put images in all my posts.

Response to Torture game and $100. 2 of 20 2008-07-01 21:40:09

At 7/1/08 08:06 PM, levinewman wrote: hey im levinewman im 14 and i want to learn how to make flash. please tell me a good place 2 start. i make animations in paint and powerpoint but i want 2 acually make a cool video or game. i made tht hulk picture of me lol. please read this!!!

you need to be on another post man
like your own one

Response to Torture game and $100. 2 of 20 2008-07-01 21:40:37

At 7/1/08 12:14 PM, TomFulp wrote: Fox just dumped it into every living room in America!

That's impossible nobody watches FOX News.