00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

SpeakyDooman just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

NG Doubles Showdown 3!

10,495 Views | 146 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to NG Doubles Showdown 3! 2008-07-13 09:15:06

At 7/12/08 08:45 PM, Vortex00 wrote:
At 7/12/08 02:59 PM, AwesomeSaurus wrote: So theres less than 2 days left, and a lack of entries. If there is an overwhelming request for more time we could perhaps do that.
more time tends to drag it out, and still have a lack of entries.. Imo i'd say. Just go to NGDS#4 =/
*shrugs*

Did you get our image done?

Sorry if I gave it to you too late. D:

BBS Signature

Response to NG Doubles Showdown 3! 2008-07-13 10:31:48

I gave my partnter a sketch only a day or 2 ago, Im asking for an extention, sorry for the delay

Response to NG Doubles Showdown 3! 2008-07-13 13:21:00

It seems like a bunch of teams are on the same page with starting late and what not, mine being one as well. It can't hurt to have a few extra days, so whaddya guys think about Wednesday, July 16th?

Plus its just for bragging rights and the fun of it all, so no need to rush it really.

Response to NG Doubles Showdown 3! 2008-07-13 13:24:54

At 7/13/08 01:21 PM, AwesomeSaurus wrote: so whaddya guys think about Wednesday, July 16th?

I literally stopped drawing right after I read this.

works for me

more time to procrastinate! ^_^;

Response to NG Doubles Showdown 3! 2008-07-13 22:41:16

At 7/13/08 01:21 PM, AwesomeSaurus wrote: It can't hurt to have a few extra days, so whaddya guys think about Wednesday, July 16th?

Yeah, Wednesday is good for me.

"Kweaks is great, awesome, a genius and more." -Frameslinger.

BBS Signature

Response to NG Doubles Showdown 3! 2008-07-14 01:32:11

At 7/13/08 01:21 PM, AwesomeSaurus wrote: It seems like a bunch of teams are on the same page with starting late and what not, mine being one as well. It can't hurt to have a few extra days, so whaddya guys think about Wednesday, July 16th?

Plus its just for bragging rights and the fun of it all, so no need to rush it really.

Yeh but if you don't have a deadline noone gets motivated.

And I think the extension is good, not to much not too little either, don't extend it any further heh.

My Art. Enjoy Life

BBS Signature

Response to NG Doubles Showdown 3! 2008-07-14 16:40:07

Damn, I didn't find out about this until just now! Argh!

If anyone cares to partner up, I can have some pretty damned good stuff done and posted within 2 hours of being partnered up... D: Help me out here pplz (lol)

zomfg.

Response to NG Doubles Showdown 3! 2008-07-14 16:45:56

At 7/14/08 04:40 PM, 226NeXuS wrote: Damn, I didn't find out about this until just now! Argh!

you're gonna have to wait for the next one, then.
there's, what? 2 days left.

Response to NG Doubles Showdown 3! 2008-07-15 00:13:13

At 7/14/08 04:45 PM, kernalphage wrote:
At 7/14/08 04:40 PM, 226NeXuS wrote: Damn, I didn't find out about this until just now! Argh!
you're gonna have to wait for the next one, then.
there's, what? 2 days left.

You got it! Till the end of Wednesday. But don't worry, if we get enough entries and people still want to do it, NGDS_4 won't be far away.

Hoping to see some entries floating in relatively soon!

Response to NG Doubles Showdown 3! 2008-07-15 11:33:50

I actually decided to not join this time around, my days have been pretty packed and I felt I would've dragged somebody down, but now I think I have a hold on things.

I'll definately sign up for the 4th showdown. :)

Response to NG Doubles Showdown 3! 2008-07-15 17:23:32

At 6/25/08 03:19 PM, ngmastah wrote: I'm in, I fucked up last time, but I promise I won't this time, pick me a good partner btw :)

Ill be yur partner!

Insert humorous comment about the below user.

http://www.youtube.com/user/Dmabste rProductions

Response to NG Doubles Showdown 3! 2008-07-15 20:34:32

FetusDoctor and AwesomeSaurus present Good Vs. Evil.

FULL QUALITY VIEW PLEASEEEEE

FD- Green gun wielding army guy, lighting concept, color balance editing

AS- Monster, background

Hope you enjoy!

NG Doubles Showdown 3!

Response to NG Doubles Showdown 3! 2008-07-15 21:13:50

Awesome, AwesomesaurusRex!

I wish I could've entered this one. I had some pretty good ideas, but alas, I only found out when I saw it on your dA.

Which also makes me wonder, whatever happened to the Showdown 2? Or whichever one involved videogames =\

Response to NG Doubles Showdown 3! 2008-07-15 23:21:54

At 7/15/08 09:13 PM, misterdog wrote: I wish I could've entered this one. I had some pretty good ideas, but alas, I only found out when I saw it on your dA.

I did join this one, but then my partner ditched me.

Kuro - Puting the 'Kur' back in 'inkurable disease.'

BBS Signature

Response to NG Doubles Showdown 3! 2008-07-15 23:58:26

At 7/15/08 11:21 PM, Kuro wrote:
I did join this one, but then my partner ditched me.

Should have let me know, I could have gotten you a new partner...

At 7/15/08 09:13 PM, misterdog wrote: I wish I could've entered this one. I had some pretty good ideas, but alas, I only found out when I saw it on your dA.

Ahhh boo! Gotta check the art forum more often sir! Make sure to be in for the next one! As for the 2nd showdown, it finished and all that, but there were only like 4 entries. Check the search bar to see the end results. I'm hoping this one's turnout is far greater!

One day left, hustle hustle hustle

Response to NG Doubles Showdown 3! 2008-07-16 01:43:32

Here's mine and DoodooMeats, I hope he doesn't mind me posting it, I just haven't heard from him for a while :]

Big version is RIGHT HERE.

Was good fun! ^^

NG Doubles Showdown 3!

Boom!Headshot!

Current art thread ;]

BBS Signature

Response to NG Doubles Showdown 3! 2008-07-16 06:42:07

I wanted to join, but I missed it :[ I'd participate in the next one, but I'm out of town more often than not in the summer.

Speaking of which, if you're gonna do another one of these, please don't have a battle theme again. It's getting old.

Latest Blog Entry - thx

BBS Signature

Response to NG Doubles Showdown 3! 2008-07-16 08:22:53

Evil demon dude warps in and starts bustin up the robot world. The robot chick tries to save her kind but failing (notice her side is empty). She almost saves one, but gets herself caught too. Evil demon smiles, and robot tears fall. Will she share the same fate as her robot kin? Not be fore the demon shows off his pretty manicure!.. Then BAM! HEAD SHOT! omg how will she get away!?

Picture: SaltshakerClock x Vortex00

I had to rush >.>;

NG Doubles Showdown 3!

Response to NG Doubles Showdown 3! 2008-07-16 10:56:17

At 7/16/08 08:22 AM, Vortex00 wrote: Evil demon dude warps in and starts bustin up the robot world. The robot chick tries to save her kind but failing (notice her side is empty). She almost saves one, but gets herself caught too. Evil demon smiles, and robot tears fall. Will she share the same fate as her robot kin? Not be fore the demon shows off his pretty manicure!.. Then BAM! HEAD SHOT! omg how will she get away!?

Picture: SaltshakerClock x Vortex00

I had to rush >.>;

Chicks+coloring by Vortex00.

Background+Dead Robots+Line down the middle+"iBot" by SaltshakerClock.

He did a way better job than me. I mean, WAY better.

BBS Signature

Response to NG Doubles Showdown 3! 2008-07-17 03:26:11

Photoshop was being a bitch and I had a stupid run in with cops today that kept me from working more on this but I just finished it. MindChamber did the line work. I did the color.

For bigger image and process shot, click the link:
Good Vs. Evil by MindChamber & mynamewontfitin

Here's a scaled version:

NG Doubles Showdown 3!

Response to NG Doubles Showdown 3! 2008-07-17 03:51:47

At 7/17/08 03:26 AM, mynamewontfitin wrote: Photoshop was being a bitch and I had a stupid run in with cops today that kept me from working more on this but I just finished it. MindChamber did the line work. I did the color.

Here's a scaled version:

Nicely done, Its definitely different and very interesting indeed.

I like how you made the girl glow and stand out from the rest good result :D

My Art. Enjoy Life

BBS Signature

Response to NG Doubles Showdown 3! 2008-07-17 20:29:21

At 7/17/08 08:23 PM, TheSnakeSkull wrote: Call for entries!
If you're not done, just post what you have!

bah, i dropped off-line for too long to contact them.

so dunno how they've faired.

a doodle that might have ended up on it?

Response to NG Doubles Showdown 3! 2008-07-18 17:30:22

At 7/17/08 03:26 AM, mynamewontfitin wrote: Photoshop was being a bitch and I had a stupid run in with cops today that kept me from working more on this but I just finished it. MindChamber did the line work. I did the color.

Here's a scaled version:

nice job dude, you really made a diamond out of that piece of coal lol,
great colors

Response to NG Doubles Showdown 3! 2008-07-18 20:23:09

Well... Kweaks and I ran into some scheduling conflicts and whatnot, so we didn't make the deadline... but we did finish, so... here it is!

When we first talked about what to do, he said he wanted to use his character Spike (a parakeet). So we decided to do a star wars inspired battle scene... in a space cage, what!?

Kweaks did the original line art and coloring of "Spikenobi". I did the background (space and planet from google), cage, and coloring of "Darth Macaw".

Slightly larger version

NG Doubles Showdown 3!

Response to NG Doubles Showdown 3! 2008-07-18 20:44:07

At 7/18/08 08:23 PM, ReNaeNae wrote: Well... Kweaks and I ran into some scheduling conflicts and whatnot, so we didn't make the deadline... but we did finish, so... here it is!

Wow that is so cool! Very creative and nicely done! I like how the evil bird is red and black and the good is colored in a blue white scheme. It is really impressive that you were able to give the birds some actual facial expressions! Sucks about the scheduling conflict, maybe there is a way that TheSnakeSkull can edit his voting page link to include yours as well? Anyways, incredibly well done, and I'm glad you guys got to finish it!

Response to NG Doubles Showdown 3! 2008-07-20 02:37:16

At 7/18/08 08:23 PM, ReNaeNae wrote: Well... Kweaks and I ran into some scheduling conflicts and whatnot, so we didn't make the deadline... but we did finish, so... here it is!

This is awesome, I'm glad you still contributed you guys did a good job.

My Art. Enjoy Life

BBS Signature

Response to NG Doubles Showdown 3! 2008-08-13 17:22:42

Man I want to see what the original line art of this looked liked because That is freaking awesome.

This was all the line-art I could find that I did - as you can see, it's the coloring that makes all the difference! DooDooMeat should have the jesus and stuff hidden away somewhere.

We had a drawing method of just swapping the picture back and forth and adding new stuff, so there is no definite line art of the whole thing I'm afraid ^^

NG Doubles Showdown 3!

Boom!Headshot!

Current art thread ;]

BBS Signature