The Showdown is BACK!
So welcome, one and all! I hope you participate this time around!
First and foremost, MAKE SURE YOU READ EVERYTHING IN THIS POST BEFORE ENTERING!
Okay, so for the vets of the showdown, you pretty much know how it goes, but to refresh you and provide the newcomers with the ground rules, read up!
- Within the next 3 days You will reply in this thread saying that you are in, and also providing your vote for the next challenge which you will read at the end of this post. This means you have until Saturday the 28th, at 11:59 PM US Eastern time to get in. No late participants will be accepted unless someone drops out!
- I will then literally select the teams from a hat, at complete random. No whining about your partner unless its hilarious. Once the teams are selected, I will post them in this thread on Sunday the 29th.
- You and your partner create an image, using any tactics you would decide on! One can do the lineart, one can color, you can each do a half of the picture, or any way you wish. Don't be afraid to send it back and forth a few times to achieve the best quality picture your team can come up with! You must follow the theme that has been provided, but may take any spin on it that you can think up.
- Photoshop, Flash, Painter, Gimp, and other programs are a must, unless you are an exquisite MSpaint artist, or have a scanner/digital camera.
-DO NOT JOIN IF YOU ARE NOT SERIOUS ABOUT IT ..It screws over your partner who probably really wanted to contribute, and is going to cost you like a million cool points.
- It is recommended that you provide a link to a higher quality image
- Once you know who your partner is, PM them with your contact info (Instant Messanger, e-mail, etc.)
- If your partner does not respond within a few days, PM me and I will try to find you another partner, but I really am hoping this doesn't happen.
- Abide by all NG art forum and site rules
- BOTH artists must contribute!
- Try to stay away from photomanipulation, but it isnt against the rules. I just feel it will be better if it is drawn art instead
- Give a description of what it is, and who did what in your piece!
THEME -- - This can be represented any way your imagination will let you! One character with split personalities, two characters fighting, or you can just create a single "Good" or "Evil" character, your choice.
DEADLINE -- 2 Weeks after the teams are distributed. So you have from Sunday the 29th of June, to Sunday the 13th of July, 11:59 PM US eastern time.
- I'm also looking for someone to take care of the voting thread, so if you are interested, send me a PM.
-In your entry post please also include the number of which of these you vote for the next doubles showdown, to mix it up a little!
-1) Keep it as it is, totally random
-2) Join with a partner
-3) Entrants are reviewed by knowledgeable and fair users, and their skill level is placed into either an Advanced, Intermediate, or Beginner level, and then the teams are split up in each tier.
Also, not to be creepy but if I do not know who you are when you sign up, I will be looking through your posts to make sure you aren't some MSpaint spammer who will probably dick over your partner, just for an extra precaution.
Here is Havayosunu and I's contribution to Doubles Showdown 1, as an example.