New Topic Respond to this Topic
Quinny
Quinny
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 28
Gamer
Response to The Car Enthusiasts Club Jul. 11th, 2010 @ 08:09 PM Reply

Tonights Top Gear was good, that Maserati made me cream myself more than once :3

YES I'AM BACK

TEABAGGIN' AIN'T EASY

English Gents Club | 5th on PS3 Trophy Leaderboard | PSN: KillSwitch_Bob | Sig by Ryan

BBS Signature
Life-Stream
Life-Stream
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 45
Gamer
Response to The Car Enthusiasts Club Sep. 21st, 2010 @ 05:30 PM Reply

So, yeah, brought a new car. Comment and stuff. I'll post some pics here later.

TheFaces
TheFaces
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 26
Blank Slate
Response to The Car Enthusiasts Club Sep. 24th, 2010 @ 08:47 AM Reply

At 9/21/10 05:30 PM, Life-Stream wrote: So, yeah, brought a new car. Comment and stuff. I'll post some pics here later.

Wow man, ressurecting this from the grave huh? Nice Eclipse. I almost bought one before my Z. I don't know about the 20" wheels on it though.

ToastedCupcake
ToastedCupcake
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 17
Musician
Response to The Car Enthusiasts Club Oct. 16th, 2010 @ 12:04 PM Reply

My car has a hole in the muffler.

Arise to sky and set free - Release toward horizon

BBS Signature
Coop
Coop
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 59
Writer
Response to The Car Enthusiasts Club Oct. 16th, 2010 @ 01:12 PM Reply

Well, after one large bill for my 2000 Ibiza, I've decided to go after an upgraded model. Trawling around garages the past week or so, we bit the bullet and so a friend (mechanic) and I travelled around the area and happened upon this little beauty:

Ford Focus 2007 (07 Plate) 1.8 TDCi; 78,000 Miles; Service history; low spec, but very tidy looking. They want £5k for it, which is a little over my budget of £3k, plus my old car. I think that I might be able to offer them a little less, as it's been sitting on the forecourt for a while. It needs a new cam belt at 80,000 miles, so factor that into it and we might be getting closer to terms here.

I'd love to be able to get a car that costs me £90 - £125 per year to tax, as opposed to this one, which is £205 for the year. Insurance costs would be similar to the current car and I think I could stretch to that, but I don't want to go in over the odds.

Will it ever end. Yes, all human endeavour is pointless ~ Bill Bailey
News
#StoryShift Author

BBS Signature
Quinny
Quinny
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 28
Gamer
Response to The Car Enthusiasts Club Oct. 16th, 2010 @ 01:20 PM Reply

FYI, in the next series of Top Gear the lads take on the Australian version of the show.

TEABAGGIN' AIN'T EASY

English Gents Club | 5th on PS3 Trophy Leaderboard | PSN: KillSwitch_Bob | Sig by Ryan

BBS Signature
Sheizenhammer
Sheizenhammer
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 32
Blank Slate
Response to The Car Enthusiasts Club Oct. 17th, 2010 @ 09:22 AM Reply

At 10/16/10 01:12 PM, Coop83 wrote: I'd love to be able to get a car that costs me £90 - £125 per year to tax, as opposed to this one, which is £205 for the year. Insurance costs would be similar to the current car and I think I could stretch to that, but I don't want to go in over the odds.

If you're concerned about costs, why not go for a smaller car? They tend to be cheaper all round, and unless you actually need the extra space for something, I don't see why you should be paying for it. £3000 (and your old car) for a used supermini would likely go a surprisingly long way. Hell, some of them can actually out-pace cars like the Focus while still somehow being cheaper to insure. o_0

Life-Stream
Life-Stream
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 45
Gamer
Response to The Car Enthusiasts Club Oct. 17th, 2010 @ 10:09 AM Reply

At 9/24/10 08:47 AM, TheFaces wrote: Wow man, ressurecting this from the grave huh? Nice Eclipse. I almost bought one before my Z. I don't know about the 20" wheels on it though.

Thanks dude, i thought it was quite a steal at the price it was up for sale (In Spain atleast. Cars tend to be a bit more expensive here than other countries like England for example), with all the money the guy had put into it.
The 20's were already on it, and to be honest, they're not the type of wheels i'd buy, i prefer different kind of wheels myself, but they don't look to bad actually.

Another pic.

The Car Enthusiasts Club

Quinny
Quinny
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 28
Gamer
Response to The Car Enthusiasts Club Oct. 17th, 2010 @ 01:13 PM Reply

At 9/21/10 05:30 PM, Life-Stream wrote: So, yeah, brought a new car. Comment and stuff. I'll post some pics here later.

Wow, nice. got anything planned for it?

TEABAGGIN' AIN'T EASY

BBS Signature
Life-Stream
Life-Stream
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 45
Gamer
Response to The Car Enthusiasts Club Oct. 17th, 2010 @ 02:13 PM Reply

At 10/17/10 01:13 PM, Quinny wrote: Wow, nice. got anything planned for it?

Well, i spent most of my money on the car itself, so I won't do much to it for a while, but when i save some money up I might do a few things. I don't want to go too far with it though. Maybe a nice simple body kit - I quite like the look of this front bumper. And maybe one day, a re-spray - maybe black. And i'd love to get some stylish bucket seats.
But other than that, just little things really, like change the indicator side lights cover to white and stuff.

As for engine wise, I don't think i'll mod anything really. Maybe just put a decent air filter on it - 150hp is enough really. I like fast cars as much as the next guy, but you can't really speed around anyway - besides, going too fast you're just risking yours and other peoples lives :/

SupraAddict
SupraAddict
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 32
Blank Slate
Response to The Car Enthusiasts Club Oct. 17th, 2010 @ 11:44 PM Reply

Just be careful not to put too much into the car and save some money aside for when it has problems. I made the mistake of getting some parts for my 99 Passat when I had it and, when a serious problem came up, I didn't have the money to fix it...

As for me, I traded my baby in for a lease out of desperation.
God I miss my VW.

Here's what I got for my lease. Sure it looks good, but that's about it. Do you know what the hp is for this?

The Car Enthusiasts Club

French tanks have six gears, 5 reverse, and one forward in case they are ever attacked from behind

BBS Signature
Life-Stream
Life-Stream
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 45
Gamer
Response to The Car Enthusiasts Club Oct. 18th, 2010 @ 03:23 PM Reply

At 10/17/10 11:44 PM, SupraAddict wrote: Just be careful not to put too much into the car and save some money aside for when it has problems. I made the mistake of getting some parts for my 99 Passat when I had it and, when a serious problem came up, I didn't have the money to fix it...

Yeah. Good point. I always like to have a little stash to fall back on if something goes wrong. I still have my old little car for now too though, so i'd have back up transport if something did happen.

God I miss my VW.
Here's what I got for my lease. Sure it looks good, but that's about it. Do you know what the hp is for this?

How much did it cost you? It looks like a nice car, probably got loads of modern gadgets and what not. But why didn't you get something awesome like......a Supra maybe?

SupraAddict
SupraAddict
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 32
Blank Slate
Response to The Car Enthusiasts Club Oct. 18th, 2010 @ 06:07 PM Reply

At 10/18/10 03:23 PM, Life-Stream wrote:
At 10/17/10 11:44 PM, SupraAddict wrote: Just be careful not to put too much into the car and save some money aside for when it has problems. I made the mistake of getting some parts for my 99 Passat when I had it and, when a serious problem came up, I didn't have the money to fix it...
Yeah. Good point. I always like to have a little stash to fall back on if something goes wrong. I still have my old little car for now too though, so i'd have back up transport if something did happen.

That's good to know. Hey, you could even sell it to get some more money for your newer car.

God I miss my VW.
How much did it cost you? It looks like a nice car, probably got loads of modern gadgets and what not. But why didn't you get something awesome like......a Supra maybe?

Haha I wish. For one, there aren't any Supras around Vermont let alone ones for sale. Another one was that my parents forced me into it by doing a double deal (I was 17 at the time so I couldn't browse my options a little more), and I literally had to pick a Corolla in 30 minutes otherwise I would have been late for work. The worst part was when the technician came into my work for my VW's keys.
God I miss my baby.
Here's a pic of her the day I brought her home for the first time.

The Car Enthusiasts Club

French tanks have six gears, 5 reverse, and one forward in case they are ever attacked from behind

BBS Signature
Life-Stream
Life-Stream
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 45
Gamer
Response to The Car Enthusiasts Club Oct. 18th, 2010 @ 06:34 PM Reply

At 10/18/10 06:07 PM, SupraAddict wrote: That's good to know. Hey, you could even sell it to get some more money for your newer car.

Haha, nah, no chance of that. It's worthless. It's old, battered, ugly, loud. I think if I was to sell it, i'd only get a few hundred euros. The only good thing about it, being a 1.5 diesel, is that it does amazing mileage.
I think I'll just end up giving it to someone soon.

Haha I wish. For one, there aren't any Supras around Vermont let alone ones for sale.

Sure you could be able to find one online. You might have to drive a bit to get it, but when you love a car that much, it shouldn't be that big of a deal. I was ready to travel pretty much anywhere in Spain to get a decent car - but i just got real lucky, in that the guy selling the eclipse I found online only lived half an hour from me.

Here's a pic of her the day I brought her home for the first time.

Looks like a middle aged business mans kindof car :P
To be honest, i think your current car looks alot nicer.

BrandenPosts
BrandenPosts
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 05
Blank Slate
Response to The Car Enthusiasts Club Oct. 27th, 2010 @ 10:42 PM Reply

Heyy peeps. if u dont mind im going to be joining this group now. =D
and gawd i want an eclipse so bad D=

SupraAddict
SupraAddict
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 32
Blank Slate
Response to The Car Enthusiasts Club Nov. 2nd, 2010 @ 10:21 PM Reply

At 10/27/10 10:42 PM, BrandenPosts wrote: Heyy peeps. if u dont mind im going to be joining this group now. =D
and gawd i want an eclipse so bad D=

Happy Birthday

[url=newgrounds.com]Will this work?[/url]

BBS Signature
SUB4RU
SUB4RU
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 10
Blank Slate
Response to The Car Enthusiasts Club Nov. 17th, 2010 @ 03:34 AM Reply

Hey all,

Been on this site a while but never actually saw these clubs. Not sure if I am allowed to post straight up like this but here is a link to my car which I sold recently :<

The reasoning behind my artist name "BeefourMusic"

My 2001 Subaru Liberty B4 (Highly modified): Enjoy....

BeefourMusic's B4 Liberty Photoshoot!

- BeefourMusic -

Life-Stream
Life-Stream
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 45
Gamer
Response to The Car Enthusiasts Club Nov. 17th, 2010 @ 08:07 AM Reply

At 11/17/10 03:34 AM, SUB4RU wrote: Hey all,
Been on this site a while but never actually saw these clubs. Not sure if I am allowed to post straight up like this but here is a link to my car which I sold recently :<

Holy shit dude, why'd you sell that awesome scooby!? Looks very slick and beautiful interior.

SUB4RU
SUB4RU
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 10
Blank Slate
Response to The Car Enthusiasts Club May. 6th, 2011 @ 01:54 AM Reply

At 11/17/10 08:07 AM, Life-Stream wrote:
At 11/17/10 03:34 AM, SUB4RU wrote: Hey all,
Holy shit dude, why'd you sell that awesome scooby!? Looks very slick and beautiful interior.

It was time to put a deposit down on a house.... It's ok, I have since bought a 2007 STI Liberty that is slowly getting the goods put back onto it :)

Quinny
Quinny
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 28
Gamer
Response to The Car Enthusiasts Club May. 6th, 2011 @ 05:50 AM Reply

At 5/6/11 01:54 AM, SUB4RU wrote: It was time to put a deposit down on a house.... It's ok, I have since bought a 2007 STI Liberty that is slowly getting the goods put back onto it :)

LMAO, bit of a slow response there. I wish I'd stop neglecting this place.

TEABAGGIN' AIN'T EASY

BBS Signature
Razz
Razz
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 16
Blank Slate
Response to The Car Enthusiasts Club Oct. 8th, 2012 @ 05:45 PM Reply

Hey car enthusiasts. I've been considering buying an older vehicle and have had two questions in my mind. The first is a problem most gigantic old vehicles suffer from, a gigantic turning radius to match the gigantic vehicle. How would someone give the vehicle a tighter turning radius without fucking with the wheel base?

And the second is just a personal question. How much horsepower is too much for regular street driving?

BBS Signature
Razz
Razz
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 16
Blank Slate
Response to The Car Enthusiasts Club Oct. 10th, 2012 @ 07:20 AM Reply

Here's some for you car guys to chew on.

2013 SEMA Chrystler concepts. (teasers)
A solution to bullshit rear-enders I know there's a lot of solutions to small issues, but I got this one in my email. And I found it to be pretty interesting, although it's ugly as shit and appears to only be a truck fix.

BBS Signature
Cootie
Cootie
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 43
Movie Buff
Response to The Car Enthusiasts Club Oct. 10th, 2012 @ 09:19 AM Reply

What do you guys think of my car? It is a 2001 Solara SLE with leather seats and some other upgrades aboard. Alabama has some warm weather, so of course you have to go with a convertible.

The motor is a V6 that has 210HP. It may not be blistering speed, but it goes pretty damn fast and with the traction control off I can get pretty sideways when I feel like being a hooligan.

The Car Enthusiasts Club

For I am and forever shall be... a master ruseman.

BBS Signature
jacobc62
jacobc62
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to The Car Enthusiasts Club Oct. 10th, 2012 @ 12:49 PM Reply

I've got a 1996 Dodge Ram 1500 V8. It isn't really mine, mainly because I only have my permit.

Frankly, I'm sort've embarrased by it. Mainly because it has a huge dent in the driver-side door.how'd that happen you ask? My mom made an illegal u-turn to try to redirect traffic past another wreck until the cops showed up.

NR2003 Season racer/painter

BBS Signature
Razz
Razz
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 16
Blank Slate
Response to The Car Enthusiasts Club Oct. 21st, 2012 @ 08:09 PM Reply

At 10/10/12 09:19 AM, Cootie wrote: What do you guys think of my car?

Looks like a great first car, late 90s and early 2000s vehicles bring back a lot of memories for me. And these days you can get a pretty nice deal on most of them, even older corvettes are going for pretty reasonable prices.

At 10/10/12 12:49 PM, jacobc62 wrote: I've got a 1996 Dodge Ram 1500 V8. It isn't really mine, mainly because I only have my permit.

Frankly, I'm sort've embarrased by it. Mainly because it has a huge dent in the driver-side door.how'd that happen you ask? My mom made an illegal u-turn to try to redirect traffic past another wreck until the cops showed up.

I used to work at a car dealership, and learned to love the 1500. Out of all our available truck inventories the Ram 1500 stood out pretty nicely. And on the note of the dent, you should see my car. It's probably different when you make the damage yourself though, I'm usually joking about my own car. But nobody really says anything about it.

BBS Signature
TB1ZZL3
TB1ZZL3
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 16
Gamer
Response to The Car Enthusiasts Club Oct. 23rd, 2012 @ 07:39 PM Reply

At 10/21/12 08:09 PM, Razz wrote: I used to work at a car dealership, and learned to love the 1500. Out of all our available truck inventories the Ram 1500 stood out pretty nicely. And on the note of the dent, you should see my car. It's probably different when you make the damage yourself though, I'm usually joking about my own car. But nobody really says anything about it.

Rams have historically been the best-looking full-size trucks IMO, and Jesus God they absolutely never die.

Cootie
Cootie
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 43
Movie Buff
Response to The Car Enthusiasts Club Oct. 26th, 2012 @ 03:47 AM Reply

At 10/23/12 07:39 PM, TB1ZZL3 wrote:
Rams have historically been the best-looking full-size trucks IMO, and Jesus God they absolutely never die.

Ram trucks are the only good thing that Dodge can put out it seems. They tend to lead the full size truck class in every category, but with the way that Ford has been improving recently with the F-150 they are seeing real competition.

BBS Signature
Razz
Razz
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 16
Blank Slate
Response to The Car Enthusiasts Club Oct. 26th, 2012 @ 07:48 PM Reply

At 10/26/12 03:47 AM, Cootie wrote:
At 10/23/12 07:39 PM, TB1ZZL3 wrote:
Ram trucks are the only good thing that Dodge can put out it seems. They tend to lead the full size truck class in every category, but with the way that Ford has been improving recently with the F-150 they are seeing real competition.

I'm a big fan of the new Challengers. And although I would never buy the new Charger, they make one hell of a cop car, and great for someone who wants a sedan but still wants to have fun with it. The new Dart also seems like a great "first car."

Most issues I have with dodge are trivial; I'm not a big fan of how they call their engines a "hemi" when it's not a hemispherical engine. I don't like that stupid gimmicky t-bar on the grille of all their products minus the Challenger, they slap that shit on everything from vans to cars to trucks. And like most modern manufacturers they overcomplicated the engine bay. In order to move one component, having to move about 8 others.

And back when I worked at the used dealership, Dodge made pretty much the only van mothers wanted to buy. I could offer them all these other options, even tell them why it's a better choice, but all they want is the Grand Caravan.

BBS Signature
Cootie
Cootie
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 43
Movie Buff
Response to The Car Enthusiasts Club Oct. 26th, 2012 @ 11:20 PM Reply

At 10/26/12 07:48 PM, Razz wrote:
I'm a big fan of the new Challengers. And although I would never buy the new Charger, they make one hell of a cop car, and great for someone who wants a sedan but still wants to have fun with it. The new Dart also seems like a great "first car."

Those cars are vehicles of disdain for me. All the other sports cars that are in that price range or are even cheaper absolutely blitz them in a race. The difference in a Mustang/Camaro and the Challenger on the track is astonishing. You can't have the heaviest car and the least horsepower... it doesn't work.

Charger gets a break for being the only muscle car sedan... but they aren't quick enough to float the price tag. Then you have the Viper which gets raped by the Corvette ZR1.

Dodge needs to step up.

BBS Signature
Saen
Saen
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 18
Reader
Response to The Car Enthusiasts Club Nov. 22nd, 2012 @ 03:07 PM Reply

At 10/26/12 11:20 PM, Cootie wrote:
Charger gets a break for being the only muscle car sedan... but they aren't quick enough to float the price tag. Then you have the Viper which gets raped by the Corvette ZR1.

Dodge needs to step up.

The 2013 viper? The 2013 viper destroys the ZR1 in speed, value, and quality. I can't wait to see these cars compared side to side. Fiat's Pentastar V-6 is an efficient and powerful engine that Chrysler is putting in all of its cars and even in its new Ram. It's night and day compared to Dodge's old v-6.

The Challenger is a different kind of modern pony car, because it actually looks like the classic. It's just a comfortable, attractive, roomy, and great sounding muscle car. As for the V-8 ponies, Mustang takes the cake, it's 5.0 is just incredibly efficient! It makes 420 naturally aspirated horsepower, the Camaro only makes 6hp more with +1.2L more displacement!