New Topic Respond to this Topic
Prinzy2
Prinzy2
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Level 15
Melancholy
Response to NG Alcoholics Anonymous 2013-03-30 18:09:51 Reply

Spring is here! Time to get some quality use out of my Margaritaville concoction maker. I find Absolut flavors work best, not sweet, but lots of flavor. I'm hoping to bartend for lots of outdoor parties this year, one of the liquor store owners who I've done some work for in the past throws lots of BBQs, she even has an outdoor tiki bar and a 1750ml of Patron to make margaritas with.

Sig by triplenoob

BBS Signature
Decky
Decky
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 33
Melancholy
Response to NG Alcoholics Anonymous 2013-03-30 18:58:08 Reply

At 3/30/13 06:09 PM, Prinzy2 wrote: Spring is here! Time to get some quality use out of my Margaritaville concoction maker.

I decided to have a drink to the wakening of spring earlier. Mine was a rather lazy mix of vodka and Lilt, did the trick though. Probably more of a summer drink I'd say but I'm not gonna complain.

I said no to drugs but they just wouldn't listen.
Like Page///Art Thread///Latest Art Piece

BBS Signature
JackRocker
JackRocker
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Musician
Response to NG Alcoholics Anonymous 2013-03-31 04:56:53 Reply

At 3/24/13 03:31 PM, Prinzy2 wrote:
Sounds like it's here to stay, 2015 would have been Sinatra's 100th birthday, so it'll definitely be here until then. They're working up to having it everywhere by then.

I hope so, I'd love to try it.

Prinzy2
Prinzy2
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Level 15
Melancholy
Response to NG Alcoholics Anonymous 2013-04-13 16:17:39 Reply

Got tanked at work last night, worst part was the red bull, red bull kicks my ass whether there is booze or not. Having a beeser as my home hangover cure. Beer, Tabasco, Worcestershire, and Clamato.

fml

How do you guys try to cure a hangover?

Sig by triplenoob

BBS Signature
JackRocker
JackRocker
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Musician
Response to NG Alcoholics Anonymous 2013-04-14 20:21:59 Reply

At 4/13/13 04:17 PM, Prinzy2 wrote: Got tanked at work last night, worst part was the red bull, red bull kicks my ass whether there is booze or not. Having a beeser as my home hangover cure. Beer, Tabasco, Worcestershire, and Clamato.

fml

How do you guys try to cure a hangover?

I once had a flavored "energy water." I can't remember what it was called, but somehow it instantly cured a hangover for me. I remember it was a lemon-lime flavored water with taurine and the like. Maybe Gatorade would work as well?

I bet being drunk at work is fun as hell though. Never had the balls to try that, but I have gotten a little bit of a buzz going while on the job and it was surprising how much better work was after that.

Cootie
Cootie
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 43
Movie Buff
Response to NG Alcoholics Anonymous 2013-04-15 06:59:44 Reply

Prepare yourselves for the Cootie special.

Fill up a gallon water jug with 1/4 or so Everclear and fill the rest up with a mixture of grape juice and grape Koolaide. You'll be fucking fat bitches in no time. You might even fight a nigra or two.

For I am and forever shall be... a master ruseman.

BBS Signature
Prinzy2
Prinzy2
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Level 15
Melancholy
Response to NG Alcoholics Anonymous 2013-04-15 17:00:32 Reply

At 4/14/13 08:21 PM, JackRocker wrote: I once had a flavored "energy water." I can't remember what it was called, but somehow it instantly cured a hangover for me. I remember it was a lemon-lime flavored water with taurine and the like. Maybe Gatorade would work as well?

If you ever find it again let me know what it's called.

I bet being drunk at work is fun as hell though. Never had the balls to try that, but I have gotten a little bit of a buzz going while on the job and it was surprising how much better work was after that.

It is, especially when the entire staff is at the same level. It gets pretty annoying sometimes when there are a bunch loud annoying people who don't tip and are doing everything to get your attention. Ativan is fun to do at work because you just stop giving a shit about that sort of stuff and ignore them without any feeling of guilt.

At 4/15/13 06:59 AM, Cootie wrote: Prepare yourselves for the Cootie special.

Fill up a gallon water jug with 1/4 or so Everclear and fill the rest up with a mixture of grape juice and grape Koolaide. You'll be fucking fat bitches in no time. You might even fight a nigra or two.

Djangos where I live have machetes and are straight off the boat from Djangoland.

Sig by triplenoob

BBS Signature
Entice
Entice
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Blank Slate
Response to NG Alcoholics Anonymous 2013-04-16 02:16:26 Reply

1 cup raw honey, 1/4 cup sugar, 3 cans of apple juice concentrate, 6 cans of water, and one packet of yeast
My attempt at some homemade mead. Followed this tutorial if anyone's interested.
http://plaza.ufl.edu/scott28/wine.html

Can't wait for it to ferment!

NG Alcoholics Anonymous

JackRocker
JackRocker
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Musician
Response to NG Alcoholics Anonymous 2013-04-16 03:49:40 Reply

At 4/15/13 05:00 PM, Prinzy2 wrote:
At 4/14/13 08:21 PM, JackRocker wrote: I once had a flavored "energy water." I can't remember what it was called, but somehow it instantly cured a hangover for me. I remember it was a lemon-lime flavored water with taurine and the like. Maybe Gatorade would work as well?
If you ever find it again let me know what it's called.

HyDrive. Just remembered it. Here is a link to their site. Unfortunately, I've only ever seen it at one place, a small privately owned gas station near where I live, and they went out of business a couple months ago, but I'm willing to bet you could find it at certain other stations.

It is, especially when the entire staff is at the same level. It gets pretty annoying sometimes when there are a bunch loud annoying people who don't tip and are doing everything to get your attention. Ativan is fun to do at work because you just stop giving a shit about that sort of stuff and ignore them without any feeling of guilt.

Yeah, even with a slight buzz, the alcohol put me in a "no-fucks-given" kinda mood. Nothing could piss me off that that point! Definitely a good experience.

JackRocker
JackRocker
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Musician
Response to NG Alcoholics Anonymous 2013-04-16 03:54:09 Reply

Sorry for the double post, but it looks like you can search for stores carrying HyDrive on their website(you can search by ZIP code, and search within X mile radius). The guy that told me about HyDrive said the lemon-lime flavor is really good when you mix in a little tequila. I've never mixed any of them with alcohol, but like I said before, drinking one of them after a night of heavy drinking was an almost-instant hangover cure.

Rahmemhotep
Rahmemhotep
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 12
Musician
Response to NG Alcoholics Anonymous 2013-04-16 10:37:00 Reply

At 4/16/13 02:16 AM, Entice wrote: 1 cup raw honey, 1/4 cup sugar, 3 cans of apple juice concentrate, 6 cans of water, and one packet of yeast
My attempt at some homemade mead. Followed this tutorial if anyone's interested.
http://plaza.ufl.edu/scott28/wine.html

Can't wait for it to ferment!

Mead's quite easy to make and doesn't require a lot of effort (it's also delicious). I'm going to ask my uncle for his dandelion wine recipe as soon as I can. I bet dandelion flavoured mead would be great!
Hangover Cure

Well, if I end up with a hangover I enjoy drinking Gatoraid and lying around all day, but I rarely get the chance to do that. I don't have any miracle cure. Usually just tough it out and drink a lot of liquid.

My sig is clickable and takes you some place.
Best Thread Ever

BBS Signature
JackRocker
JackRocker
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Musician
Response to NG Alcoholics Anonymous 2013-04-23 13:40:23 Reply

At 4/15/13 06:59 AM, Cootie wrote: Prepare yourselves for the Cootie special.

That sounds....deadly.

Elfer
Elfer
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 38
Blank Slate
Response to NG Alcoholics Anonymous 2013-04-28 16:27:03 Reply

As with last year, started buying the margarita mix at Costco, bought tequila to make margaritas. Ran out of tequila when I still had mix left, bought more tequila. Ran out of mix when I still had tequila left, bought more mix. This is a perpetual cycle which I like to call "Summertime"

JackRocker
JackRocker
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Musician
Response to NG Alcoholics Anonymous 2013-05-04 01:48:29 Reply

At 4/28/13 04:27 PM, Elfer wrote: As with last year, started buying the margarita mix at Costco, bought tequila to make margaritas. Ran out of tequila when I still had mix left, bought more tequila. Ran out of mix when I still had tequila left, bought more mix. This is a perpetual cycle which I like to call "Summertime"

Your summers sound expensive and awesome

Elfer
Elfer
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 38
Blank Slate
Response to NG Alcoholics Anonymous 2013-05-16 19:40:13 Reply

At 5/4/13 01:48 AM, JackRocker wrote: Your summers sound expensive and awesome

Yeah pretty much. Also with a possible liquor store strike looming this weekend and the weather finally nice enough to sit on the balcony, I decided to stock up my apartment for the next while.

NG Alcoholics Anonymous

JackRocker
JackRocker
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Musician
Response to NG Alcoholics Anonymous 2013-06-15 13:49:20 Reply

At 5/16/13 07:40 PM, Elfer wrote:
At 5/4/13 01:48 AM, JackRocker wrote: Your summers sound expensive and awesome
Yeah pretty much. Also with a possible liquor store strike looming this weekend and the weather finally nice enough to sit on the balcony, I decided to stock up my apartment for the next while.

Liquor store strike? Sounds terrible. Good thing we can still stop by the gas station for a six-pack if we're desperate, yeah?

Elfer
Elfer
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 38
Blank Slate
Response to NG Alcoholics Anonymous 2013-06-16 15:14:50 Reply

At 6/15/13 01:49 PM, JackRocker wrote: Liquor store strike? Sounds terrible. Good thing we can still stop by the gas station for a six-pack if we're desperate, yeah?

I live in Ontario, convenience stores can't sell alcohol here, just the government-owned liquor store and one or two designated private retailers that can sell beer and wine.

The union at the liquor store always times their strike deadlines to be just before a long weekend to put more pressure on management. They've literally never actually gone on strike.

Wurfel-Waffles
Wurfel-Waffles
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Programmer
Response to NG Alcoholics Anonymous 2013-06-20 02:19:43 Reply

At 6/16/13 03:14 PM, Elfer wrote: I live in Ontario, convenience stores can't sell alcohol here, just the government-owned liquor store and one or two designated private retailers that can sell beer and wine.

Vodka from LCBO prices never go soft. This forces me to buy vodkas from private retailers.

MWHAHA!!! VODKA!
NAC Hall of Fame

BBS Signature
Rahmemhotep
Rahmemhotep
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 12
Musician
Response to NG Alcoholics Anonymous 2013-07-09 19:05:04 Reply

Need... *gasp* Liquor....

What unique liquor would you suggest (inb4 Wild Turkey Rare Breed)?

Best Thread Ever

BBS Signature
JackRocker
JackRocker
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Musician
Response to NG Alcoholics Anonymous 2013-07-10 04:29:07 Reply

At 7/9/13 07:05 PM, Rahmemhotep wrote: Need... *gasp* Liquor....

I'm not sure if you'd consider it unique, but I really like Fireball. Cinnamon + whiskey = orgasmic.

Rahmemhotep
Rahmemhotep
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 12
Musician
Response to NG Alcoholics Anonymous 2013-07-10 17:44:36 Reply

At 7/10/13 04:29 AM, JackRocker wrote:
At 7/9/13 07:05 PM, Rahmemhotep wrote: Need... *gasp* Liquor....

I'm not sure if you'd consider it unique, but I really like Fireball. Cinnamon + whiskey = orgasmic.

I love that stuff!

I actually saw a kind of schnapps that is called After Shock that's supposed to be hot cinnamon and then cool peppermint. I must try it!

Best Thread Ever

BBS Signature
JackRocker
JackRocker
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Musician
Response to NG Alcoholics Anonymous 2013-07-10 22:51:02 Reply

At 7/10/13 05:44 PM, Rahmemhotep wrote:

I actually saw a kind of schnapps that is called After Shock that's supposed to be hot cinnamon and then cool peppermint. I must try it!

That definitely sounds amazing. I'd like to try it sometime as well!

Rahmemhotep
Rahmemhotep
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 12
Musician
Response to NG Alcoholics Anonymous 2013-07-12 20:05:35 Reply

At 7/10/13 10:51 PM, JackRocker wrote:

I'm currently in North Carolina (US) and I never saw it back in PA. It doesn't have much information on it's label (really not much of a label to speak of), but it is a transparent red liquid with some sort of crystallized solid form sitting at the bottom. I'll have to upload a picture as soon as I can.

Best Thread Ever

BBS Signature
chiefindomer
chiefindomer
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 33
Gamer
Response to NG Alcoholics Anonymous 2013-07-16 08:20:23 Reply

At 7/12/13 08:05 PM, Rahmemhotep wrote:

I'm currently in North Carolina (US) and I never saw it back in PA. It doesn't have much information on it's label (really not much of a label to speak of), but it is a transparent red liquid with some sort of crystallized solid form sitting at the bottom. I'll have to upload a picture as soon as I can.

I've had it before, about 10 years ago, but I never noticed a peppermint flavor to it. It was just a really sweet cinnamon flavor which was pleasant to sip on. Although, I was already pretty drunk when I tried it, so my sense of taste probably wasn't the most reliable. Also, my friends who I was drinking with that night told me that that crystallized solid form at the bottom was rock candy but I'm not certain if that was true or not.

BBS Signature
Luke
Luke
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 33
Gamer
Response to NG Alcoholics Anonymous 2013-07-20 18:56:04 Reply

My name is Luke, and I'm an alcoholic.

Yeah, whatever.
PSN ID: REDSiN66

kisame
kisame
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Blank Slate
Response to NG Alcoholics Anonymous 2013-07-21 00:48:14 Reply

How many of you guys have had a Rude Frenchman?

Science can't lie.

BURN!!!!!!!!!!!!

BBS Signature
Rahmemhotep
Rahmemhotep
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 12
Musician
Response to NG Alcoholics Anonymous 2013-08-20 20:41:02 Reply

Went ahead and bought a bottle to share with the guys when I get back to PA.

I also went ahead and bought myself a bottle of Wild Turkey 101 proof. So far that makes a half gallon of gin, a handle of bourbon and a handle of schnapps. When I get back I'm going to get trashed.

Best Thread Ever

BBS Signature
lithiumsol
lithiumsol
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 06
Artist
Response to NG Alcoholics Anonymous 2013-08-21 13:01:18 Reply

steel reserve,pabst blue ribbon,everclear,homemade muscadine wine,shine,jager,potato vodka,jim bean,jack daniels( devils cut),any form of rum.

Prinzy2
Prinzy2
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Level 15
Melancholy
Response to NG Alcoholics Anonymous 2013-08-21 15:58:28 Reply

Went in yesterday to check the schedule and stayed for a couple beers. So as I'm standing there hanging out with another waitress who's not working, some 18 year old kid out on his birthday comes up and asks me if I want to buy him a beer.
What I said was "sorry bud".

What I should have said "The only people who get free shit are hot chicks with big tits. If someone's going to be buying you stuff, it's going to be some creepy dude who wants to crawl up inside your asshole. So how about I buy you a drink?"

Also we finally get Coors Banquet beer in Canada, yay us.

Sig by triplenoob

BBS Signature
Rahmemhotep
Rahmemhotep
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 12
Musician
Response to NG Alcoholics Anonymous 2013-08-21 18:22:32 Reply

At 8/21/13 03:58 PM, Prinzy2 wrote: Went in yesterday to check the schedule and stayed for a couple beers. So as I'm standing there hanging out with another waitress who's not working, some 18 year old kid out on his birthday comes up and asks me if I want to buy him a beer.
What I said was "sorry bud".

What I should have said "The only people who get free shit are hot chicks with big tits. If someone's going to be buying you stuff, it's going to be some creepy dude who wants to crawl up inside your asshole. So how about I buy you a drink?"

Also we finally get Coors Banquet beer in Canada, yay us.

I know what you mean. Back when I turned 21 (US) I went out to a bar to get my first LEGAL drink at a bar with a buddy of mine. This guy I was with wouldn't shut up about how I was supposed to get free drinks on my 21st birthday from the bartender. I had never heard of this from anyone but him before or since. I obviously didn't get any free drink when he unnecessarily told the bartender that I had just turned 21, but I did get carded JUST BECAUSE OF THAT. He later bitched about how I didn't get any free drinks...

What the hell is Coors Banquet beer?

Best Thread Ever

BBS Signature