New Topic Respond to this Topic
Luis
Luis
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Melancholy
Response to NG Alcoholics Anonymous Nov. 9th, 2012 @ 04:27 PM Reply

I havent posted here in awhile, but I'm going to go out tonight and try new drinks. I'll report back on what fancy's my palettte.

I was in San Francisco yesterday and I had a rather pleasant bourbon flip. Not usually a fan of drinks with egg in them but it was pleasant and tasted wintery. Despite it only being 60 degrees.

None

Prinzy2
Prinzy2
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 15
Melancholy
Response to NG Alcoholics Anonymous Nov. 19th, 2012 @ 05:02 PM Reply

Me and my dad bought two bottles of Glenfiddich Cask of Dreams.

Not only is it delicious, but my dad and I have decided to start collecting high end bottles, so we buy one to drink and one to save.

Sig by triplenoob

BBS Signature
Luis
Luis
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Melancholy
Response to NG Alcoholics Anonymous Nov. 20th, 2012 @ 12:33 PM Reply

At 11/19/12 05:02 PM, Prinzy2 wrote: Me and my dad bought two bottles of Glenfiddich Cask of Dreams.

Not only is it delicious, but my dad and I have decided to start collecting high end bottles, so we buy one to drink and one to save.

The Johnny Double Black is really pleasant. I remember having it for my birthday. I'm usually not a fan of Johnny or scotch for that matter. The smokyness of the double black really rubbed my clit. Must be my bourbon tastes.

None

Rahmemhotep
Rahmemhotep
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 12
Musician
Response to NG Alcoholics Anonymous Dec. 15th, 2012 @ 06:23 PM Reply

Had the Samuel Adams Winter Variety pack. In general it was good, but when you get to the Winter Lager and Boston Lager after drinking the ales they taste like shit. Well, what I mean is that, in comparison, the lagers suck balls. The Holiday Porter is alright... Not the best Porter I've had, but it has a nice hop to it. Chocolate Bock was good. Old Fezziwig Ale was warming and brought thoughts of cheer.

The newcomer was a white ale called White Christmas that is slightly spiced with nutmeg, orange peel and cinammon. It's outward dry and botanical taste reminded me of pleasant gin and really did turn on some Christmas spirit!

My sig is clickable and takes you some place.
Best Thread Ever

BBS Signature
Cootie
Cootie
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 43
Movie Buff

For I am and forever shall be... a master ruseman.

BBS Signature
Seamonky
Seamonky
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 43
Gamer
Response to NG Alcoholics Anonymous Dec. 16th, 2012 @ 04:22 AM Reply

At 12/16/12 02:38 AM, Austerity wrote: I get wasted every other day but don't consider myself an alcoholic.

I drink every once in a blue moon. It's rare that I have the occasional drink since drinking doesn't really appeal to me. All it does is burn my chest.

Guinness Book of World Record holder for the game Blur on Xbox 360, NG's Legendary Member.
Click my sig to see the best Newgrounds flash EVA! Give it a review as well. ;)

BBS Signature
Decky
Decky
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 33
Melancholy
Response to NG Alcoholics Anonymous Dec. 21st, 2012 @ 06:38 PM Reply

So it's nearly the best day in the drinkers year in my opinion. You get to get completely wasted (for free if you're with your family), and nobody bats an eyelid. Awesome! What's everybody's drink of choice this Christmas? I'm thinking of getting a big bottle of JD and then mooche the rest from the family.

I said no to drugs but they just wouldn't listen.
Like Page///Art Thread///Latest Art Piece

BBS Signature
Luis
Luis
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Melancholy
Response to NG Alcoholics Anonymous Dec. 22nd, 2012 @ 10:36 AM Reply

At 12/21/12 06:38 PM, Decky wrote: So it's nearly the best day in the drinkers year in my opinion. You get to get completely wasted (for free if you're with your family), and nobody bats an eyelid. Awesome! What's everybody's drink of choice this Christmas? I'm thinking of getting a big bottle of JD and then mooche the rest from the family.

Hmm youll have to invite me for dinner.

I think gin is very christmasy maybe its the juniper pine-needle like taste. Yes ill have some gin.

None

Decky
Decky
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 33
Melancholy
Response to NG Alcoholics Anonymous Dec. 22nd, 2012 @ 11:09 AM Reply

At 12/22/12 10:36 AM, Luis wrote: Hmm youll have to invite me for dinner.

I'll set a place for you haha.

I think gin is very christmasy maybe its the juniper pine-needle like taste. Yes ill have some gin.

Gin is the one drink that I can never stomach. I don't know what it is other then simply the taste but it really doesn't agree with me. So if you were here you'd be welcome to the lot aslong as you help me commander the bourbon.

BBS Signature
Decky
Decky
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 33
Melancholy
Response to NG Alcoholics Anonymous Dec. 22nd, 2012 @ 12:48 PM Reply

At 12/22/12 11:46 AM, Corbetto wrote: One time i was so drunk that i kicked my friend down the stairs and yelled "THIS IS SPARTA"

"It's all fun and games until somebody get's hurt, then it's just hilarious"
- Bill Hicks

Always good to get a Hicks quote in there.

BBS Signature
TailsPrower
TailsPrower
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 17
Voice Actor
Response to NG Alcoholics Anonymous Dec. 22nd, 2012 @ 02:02 PM Reply

So within a couple weeks of turning 21, I have gained 10 pounds. Since all my friends have turned 21, they have been bringing alcohol to my house almost every time they've been over and as a result my parents got the impression that they're going to be alcoholics.

Wat do.

Everywhere I go, there's a sergeant there.

BBS Signature
Luis
Luis
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Melancholy
Response to NG Alcoholics Anonymous Dec. 22nd, 2012 @ 11:02 PM Reply

At 12/22/12 11:09 AM, Decky wrote:
At 12/22/12 10:36 AM, Luis wrote: Hmm youll have to invite me for dinner.
I'll set a place for you haha.
Gin is the one drink that I can never stomach. I don't know what it is other then simply the taste but it really doesn't agree with me. So if you were here you'd be welcome to the lot aslong as you help me commander the bourbon.

I dont really like gin actually. i was trying to be festive. i commander the bourbon on the regular.

None

Decky
Decky
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 33
Melancholy
Response to NG Alcoholics Anonymous Dec. 23rd, 2012 @ 07:27 AM Reply

At 12/22/12 11:02 PM, Luis wrote: I commander the bourbon on the regular.

It's the way forward my good man. It's basically all I drink (when I'm buying), that and the occasional ale. I guess that's what I get for being raised in England, that and insane levels of politeness.

BBS Signature
Luis
Luis
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Melancholy
Response to NG Alcoholics Anonymous Dec. 24th, 2012 @ 07:35 PM Reply

At 12/23/12 07:27 AM, Decky wrote:
At 12/22/12 11:02 PM, Luis wrote: I commander the bourbon on the regular.
It's the way forward my good man. It's basically all I drink (when I'm buying), that and the occasional ale. I guess that's what I get for being raised in England, that and insane levels of politeness.

What bourbon do you like? I've found the selection of bourbon in england to be pretty skimpy so i usually get some at duty free before i fly, im curious what you drink.

None

Prinzy2
Prinzy2
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 15
Melancholy
Response to NG Alcoholics Anonymous Dec. 24th, 2012 @ 10:43 PM Reply

Merry Christmas you dirty drunks!

Anyone tried the new Crown Royal Maple yet? It's too sweet to mix with Coke, but it's delicious on its own, not as sweet as I was expecting, it's pretty smooth stuff with a hint of maple, very balanced actually.

Sig by triplenoob

BBS Signature
Decky
Decky
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 33
Melancholy
Response to NG Alcoholics Anonymous Dec. 25th, 2012 @ 05:18 AM Reply

At 12/24/12 10:43 PM, Prinzy2 wrote: Merry Christmas you dirty drunks!

Merry Christmas to you too Prinzy2. I'm starting the day with a Kopparberg Mixed Fruits, a treat when fully chilled in the fridge. Yes sir, just sat around in my new lounging clothes drinking at 10:30am (GMT), it must be Christmas.

BBS Signature
Luis
Luis
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Melancholy
Response to NG Alcoholics Anonymous Dec. 26th, 2012 @ 08:22 PM Reply

I might make some egg nog tmrw. Its such an ordeal to make though, do you guys recommend making it with rum whiskey cognac or bourbon? I feel like maybe the sugariness of rum might suit it best but i dunno.

None

Cootie
Cootie
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 43
Movie Buff
Response to NG Alcoholics Anonymous Dec. 26th, 2012 @ 11:53 PM Reply

I tried some cinnamon whiskey during Christmas and it is one of the better tasting whiskies out there. The bad part is that the spice from the cinnamon and the burn from the whiskey will make your nose burn like shit.

For I am and forever shall be... a master ruseman.

BBS Signature
Luis
Luis
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Melancholy
Response to NG Alcoholics Anonymous Dec. 28th, 2012 @ 11:10 PM Reply

At 12/26/12 11:53 PM, Cootie wrote: I tried some cinnamon whiskey during Christmas and it is one of the better tasting whiskies out there. The bad part is that the spice from the cinnamon and the burn from the whiskey will make your nose burn like shit.

Is that the Fireball Whiskey or whatever? I've never tried it. I figured itd have alot of burn to it.

None

Prinzy2
Prinzy2
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 15
Melancholy
Response to NG Alcoholics Anonymous Feb. 1st, 2013 @ 09:46 PM Reply

Been without internet at my home for over a month, guess I didn't miss much.

Bought some Absolut Mango a couple weeks ago, awesome with water and white cranberry juice. Actually almost everything I've bought tastes good with water and white cranberry juice.

Hypnotic is great stuff too, going to have to try and get it for the bar, it's a white grape, pineapple, passion fruit liqueur. Even by itself it's good.

Sig by triplenoob

BBS Signature
kallat1991
kallat1991
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to NG Alcoholics Anonymous Feb. 2nd, 2013 @ 01:10 AM Reply

nice sharing

Rahmemhotep
Rahmemhotep
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 12
Musician
Response to NG Alcoholics Anonymous Feb. 9th, 2013 @ 11:28 PM Reply

We're still on this page? I've been busy as a stay at home dad, among other things. I'll respond to the topics brought up.

Gin is my favoured drink. Used to be rum. I had had gin before, liked it, but somehow it fell off my radar. I bought a bottle of gin last year and never looked back. (Well... I... Ok, yeah I still drink everything else, but gin is my go-to)

For the Christmas party, we did the tradition of drinking corona, but sadly, my Corona swilling, moustache toting, awesome uncle couldn't come, because a USPS truck flipped over in the street outside his house, which told him the roads sucked. I sat around drinking beer, taking dips at my flask of gin and passing around some moonshine I had brought.

@TailsPrower: Get wasted.

On Bourbon

Love the stuff, but practically never get to drink it.

Crown Maple

I keep seeing ads for it. WANT!

Fireball Whiskey

Good stuff. I used to hang with a dude who constantly downed the stuff. I can't say I blame him. I mean, I hate cinnamon in general, but that shit is on my list of drinks worth trying. (also, only drink it warm. Don't be a wuss)

Hypnotic

That's what it tastes like? I've always wanted to know, but didn't want to chance the money. Thanks, I'll have to try it.

Privatization of Liqour sales in Pennsylvania

I am not for it at all. I understand that the state has no motive for being better at sales of this type of stock and that they are supposedly weighed down by the costs of running the stores, hiring workers and buying stock, but I mean FUCK! It's a plain, old fashioned bad idea. The centralized spirits distribution system works wonders at keeping an eye on what comes in and out of the store. I also trust the state more when it comes to not selling directly to minors. I know they're going to get it somehow, but I'd hope not at the source!

If I was them, after I privatized the shindig I'd tax the fuck out of alcohol.

Best Thread Ever

BBS Signature
Prinzy2
Prinzy2
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 15
Melancholy
Response to NG Alcoholics Anonymous Mar. 5th, 2013 @ 12:22 PM Reply

One of out kitchen girls went to Vegas a few weeks ago and brought back a liter of Grey Goose Cherry Noir and the stuff is absolutely amazing. It has more of a mature cherry taste rather than a sweet cherry taste that you'd get from something like the Three Olives Cherry.

Since it became available this week in Alberta I put it on our order list ha ha.

I'd say buy a 26 just to save the hassle of going back to the liquor store, but even if you get a 50ml, it's worth a try.

NG Alcoholics Anonymous

Sig by triplenoob

BBS Signature
Entice
Entice
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Blank Slate
Response to NG Alcoholics Anonymous Mar. 5th, 2013 @ 12:26 PM Reply

I got a chance to try some 160 proof moonshine. Despite having such a high alcohol content, the flavor was pleasant. Still not something that you can drink in more than tiny sips unless you mix it with Sprite or something similar.

I plan on picking some up next time I have $20.

Prinzy2
Prinzy2
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 15
Melancholy
Response to NG Alcoholics Anonymous Mar. 15th, 2013 @ 05:42 PM Reply

At 3/5/13 12:26 PM, Entice wrote: I got a chance to try some 160 proof moonshine. Despite having such a high alcohol content, the flavor was pleasant. Still not something that you can drink in more than tiny sips unless you mix it with Sprite or something similar.

I plan on picking some up next time I have $20.

Is it commercially available or made in some dudes bathtub?

Some good friends of my parents let us try some of their homemade moonshine. They soak it in prunes and raisins so it packs a punch, but doesn't taste like arsenic. Still a little leery of homemade hooch, don't really want to go blind because someone doesn't know how to distill properly.

On a side note, what's everyone doing to St. Patty's day?

I'll be working, then I'm going to the Nightclub & Bar convention in Las Vegas on Monday. Uber excited, minus the going by myself part.

Sig by triplenoob

BBS Signature
Entice
Entice
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Blank Slate
Response to NG Alcoholics Anonymous Mar. 15th, 2013 @ 07:31 PM Reply

It's not legal. Made in a still somewhere.

The guy we got it from drank it a lot and never noticed any bad side effects so we just went with it.
Some shady(er) people cut it with shit like bleach before they sell it. That's probably the stuff that can make you go blind.

Prinzy2
Prinzy2
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 15
Melancholy
Response to NG Alcoholics Anonymous Mar. 23rd, 2013 @ 02:50 AM Reply

Bought a bottle of the Jack Daniel's Sinatra for $150 at the duty free, only to discover that the bottle was friggin empty.

Sig by triplenoob

BBS Signature
JackRocker
JackRocker
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Musician
Response to NG Alcoholics Anonymous Mar. 24th, 2013 @ 01:37 AM Reply

At 3/23/13 02:50 AM, Prinzy2 wrote: Bought a bottle of the Jack Daniel's Sinatra for $150 at the duty free, only to discover that the bottle was friggin empty.

Is that a limited time product, or just new?

Prinzy2
Prinzy2
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 15
Melancholy
Response to NG Alcoholics Anonymous Mar. 24th, 2013 @ 03:31 PM Reply

At 3/24/13 01:37 AM, JackRocker wrote:
At 3/23/13 02:50 AM, Prinzy2 wrote: Bought a bottle of the Jack Daniel's Sinatra for $150 at the duty free, only to discover that the bottle was friggin empty.
Is that a limited time product, or just new?

Sounds like it's here to stay, 2015 would have been Sinatra's 100th birthday, so it'll definitely be here until then. They're working up to having it everywhere by then.

Sig by triplenoob

BBS Signature
Rahmemhotep
Rahmemhotep
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 12
Musician
Response to NG Alcoholics Anonymous Mar. 27th, 2013 @ 09:08 PM Reply

St. Patrick's day, for me, was spent with my band leader, his son, his girlfriend and one of their relatives. He's a Celtic historian, wears a kilt, cooked a Celtic feast, leads a Celtic thrash band, etc. Food was really good, I was sad that I couldn't finish my plate. We drank scotch, beer and gin, but when that was gone we had vodka and Black Seal rum.

My favourite gin was on sale for $19.99 this week, so I bought a large bottle of that, got some tonic and now I'm set for relaxation time.

Best Thread Ever

BBS Signature