Rahmemhotep
Rahmemhotep
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 12
Musician
Response to NG Alcoholics Anonymous 2012-07-07 21:36:08 Reply

At 7/7/12 07:30 PM, Sense-Offender wrote:
My usual is Philadelphia whiskey, which is only 19 bucks and change after tax, and it's a big ass bottle.

I've never even heard of that shit and I live in Pennsylvania. My usual drink was Calico Jack. Cheap rum, good and aromatic, but no Sailor Jerry's or CM 100. I think I'm switching to gin as my usual, though. Keep getting New Amsterdam.

That Burt Reynolds drink sounds amazing. Funny thing is I love Burt Reynolds movies.

My sig is clickable and takes you some place.
Best Thread Ever

BBS Signature
chiefindomer
chiefindomer
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 33
Gamer
Response to NG Alcoholics Anonymous 2012-07-08 01:33:36 Reply

I've been drinking Natty Boh and Macallan (I've been developing a taste for scotch lately) all night while watching the Silva vs. Sonnen 2 PPV and enjoying some homemade shrimp and crab cakes. It's been a pretty good night for me so far.

At 7/7/12 09:36 PM, Rahmemhotep wrote:
That Burt Reynolds drink sounds amazing. Funny thing is I love Burt Reynolds movies.

I've never heard of this Burt Reynolds drink but I really want to get this Crystal Head vodka which is co-founded by Dan Aykroyd. I'm not even really a fan of vodka, I just think the bottle looks cool and would love to add it to my collection.

NG Alcoholics Anonymous

BBS Signature
Sense-Offender
Sense-Offender
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 30
Movie Buff
Response to NG Alcoholics Anonymous 2012-07-08 11:41:23 Reply

At 7/7/12 09:36 PM, Rahmemhotep wrote: My usual drink was Calico Jack. Cheap rum, good and aromatic, but no Sailor Jerry's or CM 100.

For rum, I usually get Castillo silver. cheap, but not bad. I find that vodka and silver rum are the most versatile for mixing, even though I usually just drink my liquor straight and chase it with Gatorade or seltzer.

I think I'm switching to gin as my usual, though. Keep getting New Amsterdam.

I've only had gin once and I hated it. It was Bombay Sapphire. It's probably good in cocktails, though.

At 7/8/12 01:33 AM, chiefindomer wrote: I've never heard of this Burt Reynolds drink but I really want to get this Crystal Head vodka which is co-founded by Dan Aykroyd. I'm not even really a fan of vodka, I just think the bottle looks cool and would love to add it to my collection.

I've seen that in the store down the street. a bit pricy for me, but I love the bottle.

one of the four horsemen of the Metal Hell

BBS Signature
Prinzy2
Prinzy2
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 15
Melancholy
Response to NG Alcoholics Anonymous 2012-07-08 15:31:14 Reply

At 7/7/12 09:36 PM, Rahmemhotep wrote:
I've never heard of this Burt Reynolds drink but I really want to get this Crystal Head vodka which is co-founded by Dan Aykroyd. I'm not even really a fan of vodka, I just think the bottle looks cool and would love to add it to my collection.

I've been told from a lot of the guys I work with that it's really shitty vodka. It's a bitching bottle though.

Sig by triplenoob

BBS Signature
Prinzy2
Prinzy2
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 15
Melancholy
Response to NG Alcoholics Anonymous 2012-07-12 17:06:22 Reply

Just what I've been waiting for, a workshop event by Nighclub & Bar. I'm going to see if a couple guys from work want to go to Vegas for it, or San Fran.

LinkageLinkage

Sig by triplenoob

BBS Signature
Prinzy2
Prinzy2
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 15
Melancholy
Response to NG Alcoholics Anonymous 2012-07-17 15:46:23 Reply

So my dad and mom went to San Fransisco for the week and are bringing me back some of your delicious American nectar called bourbon. One bottle is called Willow something or other, runs about $45 a bottle, and then I'm going halfers on a $100 bottle. The most expensive bottle he seen was $400, I was tempted to go halfers on it just to see what a $400 bottle of bourbon tasted like.

Anyone have a particular favorite brand of bourbon?

Sig by triplenoob

BBS Signature
Luis
Luis
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Melancholy
Response to NG Alcoholics Anonymous 2012-07-19 20:29:54 Reply

At 7/17/12 03:46 PM, Prinzy2 wrote: Anyone have a particular favorite brand of bourbon?

I tend to like Rye bourbons. My favorite is probably Wild Turkey Rye. Its not that expensive and good shit. Bullet Rye is good also. I found knob creek rye to be overated. Though i do like regular knob creek particularly in an Old Fashioned.

Wild Turkey Rare Breed is good if you have the money and want your ass kicked around the room. I think thats the only bourbon I've exhaled and felt like i could make a brush fire from my breath. Its good stuff though. Very boozy.

None

Luis
Luis
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Melancholy
Response to NG Alcoholics Anonymous 2012-07-19 20:31:50 Reply

ALSO, crystal skull vodka is just your average grade vodka. you definately are paying for the bottle. its a cool bottle, i bought it because of that.

Do they still make Blavod black vodka? I never see it anymore, and it was delicious as a screwdriver and a black bull / vodka redbull.

None

Rallard
Rallard
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 03
Blank Slate
Response to NG Alcoholics Anonymous 2012-07-27 10:56:14 Reply

Fuck yes, Stone Russian Imperial Stout.

Found one last bottle on an empty shelf last weekend. Bought it instantly, because god damn is it good. Arguably my favorite beer of all time.

If you see it around and enjoy stouts, buy it as soon as fucking possible. Makes beer like Old Rasputin seem like plebian garbage, and even if you're like me and don't really care for Stone's products in general, you'll be pleasantly surprised. I guarantee it.

Rahmemhotep
Rahmemhotep
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 12
Musician
Response to NG Alcoholics Anonymous 2012-07-31 18:12:28 Reply

I agree with Luis. Wild Turkey is mad good in taste and price. Rare Breed is a must try.

Best Thread Ever

BBS Signature
NEVR
NEVR
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 44
Gamer
Response to NG Alcoholics Anonymous 2012-08-01 21:59:07 Reply

For fans of spiced rum...

The Kraken

NG Alcoholics Anonymous

BBS Signature
Prinzy2
Prinzy2
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 15
Melancholy
Response to NG Alcoholics Anonymous 2012-08-03 19:56:35 Reply

For you fans of Canadian rye whisky, I bought two bottles of Century 25 Year Old rye commemorating the Calgary Stampede's 100th anniversary. Made by Highwood which I despise to no end, it's actually really good sipping whisky.

Exceptionally good value too, $50.

NG Alcoholics Anonymous

Sig by triplenoob

BBS Signature
Sense-Offender
Sense-Offender
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 30
Movie Buff
Response to NG Alcoholics Anonymous 2012-08-03 21:24:36 Reply

At 8/1/12 09:59 PM, NEVR wrote: The Kraken

I've been meaning to get that ever since I saw it a couple of years ago in the store. I honestly just want that bottle.

one of the four horsemen of the Metal Hell

BBS Signature
Rahmemhotep
Rahmemhotep
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 12
Musician
Response to NG Alcoholics Anonymous 2012-08-05 19:22:00 Reply

At 8/3/12 09:24 PM, Sense-Offender wrote:
At 8/1/12 09:59 PM, NEVR wrote: The Kraken
I've been meaning to get that ever since I saw it a couple of years ago in the store. I honestly just want that bottle.

For some reason ever since CM came out with their black rum Calico Jack and Admiral Nelson came out with their own black rums too. Hell, they made cherry rum as well (although Morgan hasn't). Calico Jack has a pretty large selection of rums now. I bought their silver rum since it was on sale (along with a bottle of Ice 101, fuck yeah) poured some in a glass and tried it straight... Wow... It's shit. I never thought about it, but I have only ever drank Calico Jack with coke and it turns out that was the right thing to be doing.

On the subject of rum, does anybody want to tell me why the hell Bacardi seriously believes their rum is, "smooth"? It certainly isn't, I say! It's pretty harsh and all my buddies agree. I'm a Morgan man, through and through.

Best Thread Ever

BBS Signature
BananaBreadMuffin
BananaBreadMuffin
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 41
Programmer
Response to NG Alcoholics Anonymous 2012-08-06 14:33:45 Reply

At 8/1/12 09:59 PM, NEVR wrote: For fans of spiced rum...

The Kraken

Is this any good? I've been tasked with sourcing a bottle of interesting (dark or spiced) rum for my mates stag and spied it in waitrose, it worth trying? (Or any other suggestions I can get in a supermarket?) It doesn't need to be the finest rum ever, but something more interesting than your normal cpt morg/sailor jerry's could never hurt

BBS Signature
Rahmemhotep
Rahmemhotep
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 12
Musician
Response to NG Alcoholics Anonymous 2012-08-06 17:50:13 Reply

At 8/6/12 02:33 PM, BananaBreadMuffin wrote:
At 8/1/12 09:59 PM, NEVR wrote: For fans of spiced rum...

The Kraken
Is this any good? I've been tasked with sourcing a bottle of interesting (dark or spiced) rum for my mates stag and spied it in waitrose, it worth trying? (Or any other suggestions I can get in a supermarket?) It doesn't need to be the finest rum ever, but something more interesting than your normal cpt morg/sailor jerry's could never hurt

It's just heavily spiced rum. Great stuff, really, but like I said before: Other brands came out with their own black rums recently. If you've never had black rum, go get 'em.

Best Thread Ever

BBS Signature
Prinzy2
Prinzy2
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 15
Melancholy
Response to NG Alcoholics Anonymous 2012-08-06 18:10:11 Reply

Okay Luis, I'm doing it.

More or less for my friend's mom who has been nagging me to make her a julep.

NG Alcoholics Anonymous

Sig by triplenoob

BBS Signature
NEVR
NEVR
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 44
Gamer
Response to NG Alcoholics Anonymous 2012-08-10 17:19:38 Reply

At 8/6/12 02:33 PM, BananaBreadMuffin wrote:

It's really nice man, go get some!

BBS Signature
Rahmemhotep
Rahmemhotep
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 12
Musician
Response to NG Alcoholics Anonymous 2012-08-14 17:11:50 Reply

So peppermint schnapps (Ice 101) and chocolate milk... It really does taste like a chocolate mint candy. Seriously good shit, but I would rue the day I would drink it to get drunk. There'd be chocolate mint flavored barf everywhere.

Best Thread Ever

BBS Signature
Prinzy2
Prinzy2
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 15
Melancholy
Response to NG Alcoholics Anonymous 2012-08-15 12:17:12 Reply

At 8/14/12 05:11 PM, Rahmemhotep wrote: So peppermint schnapps (Ice 101) and chocolate milk... It really does taste like a chocolate mint candy. Seriously good shit, but I would rue the day I would drink it to get drunk. There'd be chocolate mint flavored barf everywhere.

I could see that happening very easily, any time you smell mint or chocolate you'd probably get an instant gag reflex after that ha ha.

So that bar I work at is getting a complete overhaul with our unofficial head bartender and myself spearheading the project. I'll get you guys some pictures to show you what a dive this place is right meow, and some after pics when we're all done.

One thing that is guaranteed to change is our flavored vodkas, instead of putting everything in our liquor store on the bar shelf, we're going to be throwing only Absolut flavors on the shelf and Absolut in the gun.

Another thing that is an idea of mine is to have a black light as a bar top and have an edible florescent syrup to mix in the cocktails.

Thoughts, opinions, suggestions?

Sig by triplenoob

BBS Signature
Rahmemhotep
Rahmemhotep
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 12
Musician
Response to NG Alcoholics Anonymous 2012-08-17 20:43:47 Reply

At 8/15/12 12:17 PM, Prinzy2 wrote:
So that bar I work at is getting a complete overhaul with our unofficial head bartender and myself spearheading the project. I'll get you guys some pictures to show you what a dive this place is right meow, and some after pics when we're all done.

One thing that is guaranteed to change is our flavored vodkas, instead of putting everything in our liquor store on the bar shelf, we're going to be throwing only Absolut flavors on the shelf and Absolut in the gun.

Another thing that is an idea of mine is to have a black light as a bar top and have an edible florescent syrup to mix in the cocktails.

Thoughts, opinions, suggestions?

That's a good idea about the vodka. I only order either Smirnoff or Absolut vodkas at a bar anyway. Might want to get a couple of those new Malibu Red and see if the tequila or rum drinkers'll give it a try. Hell, Ne-Yo was in Philly a while back for an advertiosing stunt on it. Apparently he helped create the stuff.

All right! Now, I have here this quarter's issue of Taste magazine, by Pennsylvania's very own Fine Wine and Good Spirits people (PA liqour stores are state run and are all called Wine and Spirits F.Y.I.)! This issue's focus is on, you guessed it, Spiced Rum! Lemme post some drinks for all y'all rum drinkers to give a shot.

Sailor Jerry Sazerac: soak sugar cube in bitters (old fashioned glass). crush with a bar spoon. Add ice cube, then rum & absinthe. top with a splash of water.
1 sugar cube
2 dashes of angostura bitters
2 oz. of Sailor Jerry
2 dashes of absinthe
lemon peel garnish

The Perfect Storm: Highball glass
2 parts Sailor Jerry
splash of fresh lime juice
2 dashes of bitters (any)
top with ginger beer

Drunken Sailor: muddle basil leaves, lemon & lime in a shaker. Fill with ice & add rum & simple syrup. Pour into a highball and top with coke.
4 basil leaves
1 lemon wedge
1 lime wedge
1, 1/4 oz. Sailor Jerry
1, 1/2 simple syrup
Coca Cola

Perfectly Black:cocktail glass (combine with ice in shaker as always and strain)
1 oz. Captain Morgan Black
1/2 oz. sweet vermouth
1/4 oz. dry vermouth
3 dashes of (any) bitters
lemon twist, for garnish

CM Black & Honey: Combine in shaker with ice, shake until cold, strain into rocks glass
1, 1/4 oz. Captain Morgan Black
3/4 oz. fresh lemon juice
1/2 oz. honey
1 lemon wedge, for garnish

The Champagne Diamond: mix in shaker with ice, shake and strain into cocktail glass. champagne on top
2 oz. Brinley Gold Shipwreck rum
1/2 oz. cointreau
juice of 1 lime
splash of cranberry juice
champagne, to float

Hey, hope y'all appreciate the ones I put up. They all sound good to me!

Best Thread Ever

BBS Signature
Rallard
Rallard
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 03
Blank Slate
Response to NG Alcoholics Anonymous 2012-08-20 11:47:01 Reply

Tried a Stone Russian Imperial Stout that had been aged for 2 years on Saturday. May be biased because it's my favorite beer but... holy shit, it was amazing.

Proceeded to play a drinking game called "Electricity." Look it up if you're intrigued, it's seriously ridiculous. Within a few turns the table was already littered with empty beer cans.

Cross-faded off booze and edibles (I don't really dabble in weed but I had the beer munchies so bad that I didn't care), I then crashed at my friend's house, woke up, drank some more and learned how to surf.

Drunk surfing has to be one of the coolest things I've ever experienced.

Dromedary
Dromedary
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 26
Melancholy
Response to NG Alcoholics Anonymous 2012-08-21 11:08:08 Reply

Got my hands on a pretty rare beer. It's called Samichlaus, it's an Austrian beer only brewed once a year at Christmas, then they age it for six months before selling. It was the strongest beer in the world at one point, as it's 14%. Anyway it's from 1991, and is supposed to get better with age. I'm not sure if I'm going to save it for a special occasion and drink it, or just keep it as it's collectable I guess. Have any of you guys heard of it?

MrPercie on Dromedary: "smug santa claus face, bringing nicieties to those he likes but shite to those he hates - which is everyone"

Sig by this dude

BBS Signature
Rallard
Rallard
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 03
Blank Slate
Response to NG Alcoholics Anonymous 2012-08-28 01:42:18 Reply

Tried hungover surfing yesterday.

... It's not as fun as drunk surfing. In fact, it's not very fun at all.

Luis
Luis
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Melancholy
Response to NG Alcoholics Anonymous 2012-08-28 23:41:35 Reply

At 8/17/12 08:43 PM, Rahmemhotep wrote: Sailor Jerry Sazerac: soak sugar cube in bitters (old fashioned glass). crush with a bar spoon. Add ice cube, then rum & absinthe. top with a splash of water.
1 sugar cube
2 oz. of Sailor Jerry
2 dashes of absinthe
lemon peel garnish

Is the absinthe poured out or do you keep it in there? In a sazerac you coat the glass and pour out the absinthe. It does sound intruiging. I dunno if Sailor Jerry and Absinthe work well.

I do like that magazine, i try to pick it up whenever i can.

None

Luis
Luis
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Melancholy
Response to NG Alcoholics Anonymous 2012-08-28 23:43:17 Reply

At 8/6/12 06:10 PM, Prinzy2 wrote: Okay Luis, I'm doing it.

More or less for my friend's mom who has been nagging me to make her a julep.

Blanton's is what Rob drinks. Its too expensive for my taste. but im sure thats a tasty julep. tell me when you want me over.

None

Rahmemhotep
Rahmemhotep
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 12
Musician
Response to NG Alcoholics Anonymous 2012-08-29 16:26:59 Reply

At 8/28/12 11:41 PM, Luis wrote:
At 8/17/12 08:43 PM, Rahmemhotep wrote: Sailor Jerry Sazerac: soak sugar cube in bitters (old fashioned glass). crush with a bar spoon. Add ice cube, then rum & absinthe. top with a splash of water.
1 sugar cube
2 oz. of Sailor Jerry
2 dashes of absinthe
lemon peel garnish
Is the absinthe poured out or do you keep it in there? In a sazerac you coat the glass and pour out the absinthe. It does sound intruiging. I dunno if Sailor Jerry and Absinthe work well.

I do like that magazine, i try to pick it up whenever i can.

I'm not sure, really. I can't find the magazine, so I'm assuming we threw it out when cleaning (whoops). It was only the second time I'd ever even heard of a sazerac, so you're probably right. Honestly, rum and absinthe together sounds disgusting, but I'd try it just for the sake of trying new things.

Best Thread Ever

BBS Signature
Rahmemhotep
Rahmemhotep
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 12
Musician
Response to NG Alcoholics Anonymous 2012-10-13 12:05:03 Reply

I'm going to be making my own mead. You can't find real mead in the stores around here. One of my friends brews his own mead and it's ridiculously easy, so I'll save money by making my own instead of importing it from somewhere.

Best Thread Ever

BBS Signature
Prinzy2
Prinzy2
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 15
Melancholy
Response to NG Alcoholics Anonymous 2012-10-13 19:26:19 Reply

I've been an Absolut whore this month.

Absolut Pears with Redbull is probably my favorite vodka bomb of all time. For a drink Absolut Rasberri with soda splash of cranberry is awesome, or water cran.

Now Absolut has a sparkling wine ha ha.

NG Alcoholics Anonymous

Sig by triplenoob

BBS Signature
Prinzy2
Prinzy2
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 15
Melancholy
Response to NG Alcoholics Anonymous 2012-11-01 19:01:19 Reply

So for our Halloween party we had True Blood Fizz, Vodka sprite and cranberry juice, and Witches Brew, Green Apple Vodka ginger ale and lime mix. Turned out to be a super busy night, but we had our bits of fun. Me in my old flight suit.

NG Alcoholics Anonymous

Sig by triplenoob

BBS Signature