New Topic Respond to this Topic
BananaBreadMuffin
BananaBreadMuffin
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 41
Audiophile
Response to NG Alcoholics Anonymous Jun. 20th, 2012 @ 02:59 PM Reply

A normal night out is probably 5-6 pints and 2-3 gin and tonics.

£3.50*5 + £4.50*2

£25-£35 approx. Maybe a little more variance to account for round discrepancies and such.

Dean
Dean
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 46
Gamer
Response to NG Alcoholics Anonymous Jun. 20th, 2012 @ 03:16 PM Reply

I really have no idea how much my drink costs on a night out because it's not often I'm the one actually paying. These days the only time I go to the pub is when there's a band on and that usually means my Dad will be there too, so he pays for most of the night.

I drink Guinness, which around here costs £2.70 - £3.50 per pint depending on the pub. I usually have about 6-10 pints of that depending on what time we get out. Usually I'm there from about 8 til closing time (12-1am) and then I'll hit the club if my mates are out. Don't usually drink much in the club though. Again, depending on how long I'm there I'll usually have between 1-3 shots of Jagermeister because by that point I've already had a few and I'm paying for my own drinks at this point. Think that's about £2.50 for a tiny shot although even when I ask for it straight rather than as a Jagerbomb they give me the can of energy drink separate.

You're probably looking at £30-40 in total. If I'm paying for my drinks it's a different story though. I'll either drink slower or drink something cheaper. Carlsberg is usually £2 a pint and if I have 7 of them, that's only £14. Not as nice as Guinness, but I can live with it.

BBS + Chat Moderator - Feel free to send me a PM if you have a problem!
Want to instant message me? [ Skype - DeanNewgrounds ]

BBS Signature
Prinzy2
Prinzy2
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 15
Melancholy
Response to NG Alcoholics Anonymous Jun. 20th, 2012 @ 07:23 PM Reply

At 6/20/12 03:16 PM, Dean wrote: Carlsberg is usually Ã'£2 a pint and if I have 7 of them, that's only Ã'£14. Not as nice as Guinness, but I can live with it.

I've been curious about Carlsberg, I've never had it but I imagine it would taste something akin to Heineken, Stella, or Grolsch. But that's also because it comes in a green can lol.

Sig by triplenoob

BBS Signature
Dean
Dean
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 46
Gamer
Response to NG Alcoholics Anonymous Jun. 20th, 2012 @ 09:08 PM Reply

At 6/20/12 07:23 PM, Prinzy2 wrote: I've been curious about Carlsberg, I've never had it but I imagine it would taste something akin to Heineken, Stella, or Grolsch. But that's also because it comes in a green can lol.

I don't really drink those lagers much so I can't compare. Carlsberg and Tennents are the only two lagers I usually drink. Carlsberg is nice enough though and cheap which is always a plus.

I've actually not drank for over two months now. Paid £5 for a ticket to see an AC/DC tribute band play at one of my locals this Friday, so I'll be drinking the sweet, sweet (bitter) nectar that is Guinness once more.

BBS Signature
DannyIsOnFire
DannyIsOnFire
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 21
Movie Buff
Response to NG Alcoholics Anonymous Jun. 21st, 2012 @ 08:00 AM Reply

At 6/20/12 07:23 PM, Prinzy2 wrote:
At 6/20/12 03:16 PM, Dean wrote: Carlsberg is usually Ãf'Ã'£2 a pint and if I have 7 of them, that's only Ãf'Ã'£14. Not as nice as Guinness, but I can live with it.
I've been curious about Carlsberg, I've never had it but I imagine it would taste something akin to Heineken, Stella, or Grolsch. But that's also because it comes in a green can lol.

I kind of rank Carling, Carslberg and Fosters in the same bracket. The cheap lager that tends to be the most popular, but also the weakest strength and the least satisfying. Then comes things like Grolsch, Tuborg and Kronenbourg which is the sort of middle of the road stuff, and Heineken, Stella, Peroni, etc are the top stuff, around the 5% mark and the better tasting.

|| Portfolio || Facebook || Twitter ||

BBS Signature
Prinzy2
Prinzy2
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 15
Melancholy
Response to NG Alcoholics Anonymous Jun. 21st, 2012 @ 04:37 PM Reply

At 6/21/12 08:00 AM, DannyIsOnFire wrote:
At 6/20/12 07:23 PM, Prinzy2 wrote:
At 6/20/12 03:16 PM, Dean wrote: Carlsberg is usually Ãff'Ãf'Ã'£2 a pint and if I have 7 of them, that's only Ãff'Ãf'Ã'£14. Not as nice as Guinness, but I can live with it.
I kind of rank Carling, Carslberg and Fosters in the same bracket. The cheap lager that tends to be the most popular, but also the weakest strength and the least satisfying. Then comes things like Grolsch, Tuborg and Kronenbourg which is the sort of middle of the road stuff, and Heineken, Stella, Peroni, etc are the top stuff, around the 5% mark and the better tasting.

You must like the very bitter lagers then. Grolsch has been my favorite for the longest time, bitter with a touch of sweetness that is very agreeable. Plus I really like the bigger bottles with the stopper in it :P

A little history lesson that I've been curious about. I've always known the history of "Proof", where gunpowder was mixed with alcohol and was lit to demonstrate that the alcohol wasn't watered down. I never knew the ratio of gunpowder to spirit was or what the ABV had to be. I know 40% ABV lights well enough, so I assumed that you could dilute the spirit down to 20-30% and the gunpowder would still combust. Turns out I was wrong, the gunpowder had to be moistened with something that was at least 57.14% for it to ignite.

Curious.

In other news, tried the Pirate's treasure with fireball instead of Goldschlager last night, terrible and not worth the time.

Sig by triplenoob

BBS Signature
Rahmemhotep
Rahmemhotep
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 12
Musician
Response to NG Alcoholics Anonymous Jun. 21st, 2012 @ 08:56 PM Reply

At 6/18/12 11:13 PM, Prinzy2 wrote:
At 6/18/12 09:59 PM, Rahmemhotep wrote: Anybody else a gin fan? I bought a bottle of New Amsterdam gin and this shit is smooth as fuck.
I love gin. The only two I've really enjoyed are Bombay and Tanqueray though. Usually I mix it with Tonic and limes, or make Gimlets.

Bombay, eh? Ya got class my man, real class. I'd get a bottle of Bombay Sapphire, but the price is steep. I'd better wait for the cash to roll in.

My daughter was born the other day. When I went to the hospital I snuck in a bottle of New Amsterdam and drank bits of that when she was born to celebrate, lol.

In other news, I have a feeling this club may become obsolete soon with the other clubs. At least we were the original drunks.

No way, mate. I don't think anybody can put us down.

My sig is clickable and takes you some place.
Best Thread Ever

BBS Signature
Sense-Offender
Sense-Offender
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 29
Movie Buff
Response to NG Alcoholics Anonymous Jun. 22nd, 2012 @ 04:31 PM Reply

eugh. I hate gin.

At 6/19/12 08:30 PM, DannyIsOnFire wrote: Long time no post, but out of interest, what do your bar tabs usually run to fellas?

never gotten a tab. just pay cash. Honestly, I don't buy drinks at the bar much. I tend to bring a flask or little bottle or something and just buy a beer or two to keep the bartender happy.

I was just at a bar in Fishkill called Fast Eddie's (got a number from a cougar, too) and they had Shock Top on tap. They throw in an orange slice when they give it to you. delicious.

one of the four horsemen of the Metal Hell
sig by Jay11

BBS Signature
Sense-Offender
Sense-Offender
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 29
Movie Buff
Response to NG Alcoholics Anonymous Jun. 22nd, 2012 @ 08:54 PM Reply

You know those new smoothies at MacDonald's? I put silver rum in the berry one. delish.

sig by Jay11

BBS Signature
Dean
Dean
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 46
Gamer
Response to NG Alcoholics Anonymous Jun. 23rd, 2012 @ 07:54 AM Reply

Last night was the first time that I've been down the pub in a long time. They had an AC/DC tribute band on but I can't really comment on them because I somehow managed to not pay attention to them, despite them being the reason I was out in the first place.

I tried to keep count of how many pints I drank so that I could see if my previous post was accurate. I lost count after the 7th so I'd say I probably got through ten pints of Guinness in the four hours I was out. That's probably a little more than I'd usually have because I was more drunk than usual.

After the pub closed I walk past the night club to get home but ended up talking to the bouncer for ages. Nice guy. I seem to end up chatting with him every night I'm out. Then as I was talking to him two police men on patrol came to make sure everything was fine and I ended up talking to them. One of them made fun of my mohawk :(

The club was dead for a Friday night though. There was hardly anyone in there. Good night over all though.

BBS Signature
Prinzy2
Prinzy2
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 15
Melancholy
Response to NG Alcoholics Anonymous Jun. 24th, 2012 @ 05:36 PM Reply

I generally chat up the bouncers too, or the bar staff if they're not busy.

Went out last night and drank three schooners of Sleeman's Honey Brown lager. Found out that they have free pool on Saturdays and Sundays, so I may have to become a regular again. $7.50 for a schooner, which isn't bad.

Question for you guys, on a weeknight when it's semi-busy, would you tip more for a bartender that does flair or spends that time chatting with you?

Sig by triplenoob

BBS Signature
Spilda-Bongwata
Spilda-Bongwata
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 20
Movie Buff
Response to NG Alcoholics Anonymous Jun. 24th, 2012 @ 09:06 PM Reply

ughhhh fireball is the boomest so spicy

BBS Signature
Rallard
Rallard
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 03
Blank Slate
Response to NG Alcoholics Anonymous Jun. 24th, 2012 @ 10:55 PM Reply

At 6/24/12 05:36 PM, Prinzy2 wrote: Question for you guys, on a weeknight when it's semi-busy, would you tip more for a bartender that does flair or spends that time chatting with you?

Neither.

I base my tips off how quickly the bartender makes my drink, how strong they make my drink, and how efficiently they get to me. I don't go to bars to make small talk with bartenders unless they're hot women, which has only happened once, and doing tricks is just gimmicky.

Gimme my drink, make it strong, don't leave me hanging and you'll get a good tip.

Rahmemhotep
Rahmemhotep
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 12
Musician
Response to NG Alcoholics Anonymous Jun. 27th, 2012 @ 08:55 PM Reply

At 6/24/12 05:36 PM, Prinzy2 wrote:
Question for you guys, on a weeknight when it's semi-busy, would you tip more for a bartender that does flair or spends that time chatting with you?

Pretty much what Rallard said. If the bar keep ain't a wanker and gives a long haired hillbilly like me a good drink with no fuss, then I'll think about the tip. Still prefer drinking at somebody's house.

The other week I drank with a couple of the guys, one of which I hadn't seen in a year or two. Russkie bastard knocked over all my gin trying to pour me a gin and tonic. I was going to make him pay me for it, but I ended up letting him off the hook.

Best Thread Ever

BBS Signature
Dean
Dean
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 46
Gamer
Response to NG Alcoholics Anonymous Jun. 28th, 2012 @ 07:28 AM Reply

Bar staff generally don't get tipped here. Maybe if you're in some high end club but I've never seen anyone (other than Luis) tip bar staff in the UK. It's just not common practise here.

BBS Signature
DannyIsOnFire
DannyIsOnFire
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 21
Movie Buff
Response to NG Alcoholics Anonymous Jun. 28th, 2012 @ 09:55 AM Reply

At 6/28/12 07:28 AM, Dean wrote: Bar staff generally don't get tipped here. Maybe if you're in some high end club but I've never seen anyone (other than Luis) tip bar staff in the UK. It's just not common practise here.

I work in a sort of village pub and it's fairly common practice there. I think it's because you and the customers are pretty much all on first name terms and you know quite a lot about them and their lives, etc. Personally though, I never do it in any of the pubs/bars I visit.

|| Portfolio || Facebook || Twitter ||

BBS Signature
Rahmemhotep
Rahmemhotep
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 12
Musician
Response to NG Alcoholics Anonymous Jul. 1st, 2012 @ 11:56 AM Reply

At 6/28/12 09:55 AM, DannyIsOnFire wrote:
At 6/28/12 07:28 AM, Dean wrote: Bar staff generally don't get tipped here. Maybe if you're in some high end club but I've never seen anyone (other than Luis) tip bar staff in the UK. It's just not common practise here.
I work in a sort of village pub and it's fairly common practice there. I think it's because you and the customers are pretty much all on first name terms and you know quite a lot about them and their lives, etc. Personally though, I never do it in any of the pubs/bars I visit.

The U.S. is retarded about tipping. Legally it's optional and you have the right to deny tip, but everyone bitches if you don't. I've even had asshole publicans at restaurants stop me from leaving, because I didn't tip. People will say, "They need the money," and I will tell them just how much money is to my name and they will say, "Oh... You should still tip them!" They act like I'm being insensitive when it's the other way around- Bahhh, I gotta shut up about this.

Why do people think Grey Goose is so great? If you know anything about vodka, you'd know that the difference between top shelf and bottom shelf in the vodka world is just price. You could buy a 15 dollar half gallon of bottom shelf vodka and it might taste far better than that 70 dollar bottle up at the top! Even so, whenever I talk about how much arse Grey Goose is, people try to give me this crap about, "it's imported," or, "look at the price, it has to be good!" I feel like I live with morons!

Best Thread Ever

BBS Signature
Prinzy2
Prinzy2
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 15
Melancholy
Response to NG Alcoholics Anonymous Jul. 2nd, 2012 @ 03:06 PM Reply

At 7/1/12 11:56 AM, Rahmemhotep wrote: Why do people think Grey Goose is so great? If you know anything about vodka, you'd know that the difference between top shelf and bottom shelf in the vodka world is just price. You could buy a 15 dollar half gallon of bottom shelf vodka and it might taste far better than that 70 dollar bottle up at the top! Even so, whenever I talk about how much arse Grey Goose is, people try to give me this crap about, "it's imported," or, "look at the price, it has to be good!" I feel like I live with morons!

The difference between top shelf vodka and the shit you put in the guns is what materials your mash is made from, how many times it's distilled, and the water they cut it with. You make a potato vodka distilled once cut with tap water and you'll have people puking at your disgusting creation even if it were free. On the other hand if you have a choice grain mash, distilled 5 times and mixed with spring water, you'll be able to charge the $40 a bottle and have people coming back for more.

Sig by triplenoob

BBS Signature
Luis
Luis
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Melancholy
Response to NG Alcoholics Anonymous Jul. 4th, 2012 @ 10:53 AM Reply

At 7/2/12 03:06 PM, Prinzy2 wrote:
At 7/1/12 11:56 AM, Rahmemhotep wrote: Why do people think Grey Goose is so great? If you know anything about vodka, you'd know that the difference between top shelf and bottom shelf in the vodka world is just price. You could buy a 15 dollar half gallon of bottom shelf vodka and it might taste far better than that 70 dollar bottle up at the top! Even so, whenever I talk about how much arse Grey Goose is, people try to give me this crap about, "it's imported," or, "look at the price, it has to be good!" I feel like I live with morons!
The difference between top shelf vodka and the shit you put in the guns is what materials your mash is made from, how many times it's distilled, and the water they cut it with. You make a potato vodka distilled once cut with tap water and you'll have people puking at your disgusting creation even if it were free. On the other hand if you have a choice grain mash, distilled 5 times and mixed with spring water, you'll be able to charge the $40 a bottle and have people coming back for more.

^ this pretty much. I do think there are some vodkas and bourbons that are way overpriced. Grey Goose is probably one of them. I think you get the same quality in a Stoli without paying the premium of a GG imo. Same with bourbon. Ri is way overpriced, bullet rye is tastier and much cheaper.

But yea as Prinzy said, if you drink bottom shelf stuff, youre more likely to have a hangover, more likely to feel like youre drinking paint thinner and more likely to have to overly dilute your drink with overly sugary syrups and faux juices, making for an unpleasant drinking experience.

None

Rallard
Rallard
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 03
Blank Slate
Response to NG Alcoholics Anonymous Jul. 6th, 2012 @ 10:50 AM Reply

At 6/27/12 08:55 PM, Rahmemhotep wrote: Pretty much what Rallard said. If the bar keep ain't a wanker and gives a long haired hillbilly like me a good drink with no fuss, then I'll think about the tip.

To add to this, on Tuesday I went to Dave and Busters (essentially an adult arcade, for those who don't know) and I had the worst bartender of all time. I hate DnB to begin with and almost always opt to avoid it if I can, but it was happy hour and I couldn't resist. I had an easy time getting two drinks, because I was drinking faster than my friends, but once that second drink got served the bartender literally ignored all of us. And the drink was disgusting, easily the worst G&T I've ever had, though my first drink, Jack and coke, was okay.

One of my friends ordered a milkshake, being a sober guy, and the bartender said: "I don't have time for that." We didn't tip him and it took about 20 minutes just for my friends to close their tabs. And yeah, we had a not-ugly chick with us, so I don't think it had anything to do with that.

Some little guy that washed dishes seemed to be the bartender's henchman, and joked about how mad we were for waiting. The bartender just laughed.

My friend told the manager and I can only hope he gets fired. He probably will, since they were hopefully just using him on a day when no one wants to work (night before july 4th).

That done, we went to a brewery and I was able to select a delicious stout from a wide selection of beers, all for happy hour prices. We should have gone there to begin with.

Sense-Offender
Sense-Offender
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 29
Movie Buff
Response to NG Alcoholics Anonymous Jul. 6th, 2012 @ 11:00 AM Reply

never been to a Dave and Busters. sounded like fun. food, drinks, and games.

sig by Jay11

BBS Signature
Prinzy2
Prinzy2
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 15
Melancholy
Response to NG Alcoholics Anonymous Jul. 6th, 2012 @ 05:18 PM Reply

Sounds like he's a filler for an understaffed establishment.

Personally I try and push shots all the time. We're $1.25 cheaper than the bar across the street so they automatically shit themselves when I tell them how much, then they order more shots and have a bitchin good time.

Sig by triplenoob

BBS Signature
Rahmemhotep
Rahmemhotep
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 12
Musician
Response to NG Alcoholics Anonymous Jul. 6th, 2012 @ 06:23 PM Reply

At 7/4/12 10:53 AM, Luis wrote:
At 7/2/12 03:06 PM, Prinzy2 wrote:
^ this pretty much. I do think there are some vodkas and bourbons that are way overpriced. Grey Goose is probably one of them. I think you get the same quality in a Stoli without paying the premium of a GG imo. Same with bourbon. Ri is way overpriced, bullet rye is tastier and much cheaper.

But yea as Prinzy said, if you drink bottom shelf stuff, youre more likely to have a hangover, more likely to feel like youre drinking paint thinner and more likely to have to overly dilute your drink with overly sugary syrups and faux juices, making for an unpleasant drinking experience.

You can find bottom shelf vodkas that aren't complete ass, but you can also find top shelf that tastes like the bottom shelf. The vodka marketing world is very silly and equally retarded, is all I'm saying.

Had a gin martini the other day with Bombay Sapphire in it. Would have been pretty much perfect if they didn't water it down with quickly melting ice. The strange part was that when I ordered it I said I wanted a dry gin martini and then they asked me what kind of vodka I wanted in it. I'd never had a martini with gin and vodka in it, it was always either, or. That being said, I was confused at what they were saying. Keep in mind, guys, that I don't go out in public to drink very often. In any case I got what I wanted after feeling like an ignorant redneck, haha!

Best Thread Ever

BBS Signature
Will
Will
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Blank Slate
Response to NG Alcoholics Anonymous Jul. 7th, 2012 @ 09:24 AM Reply

I'm going to work at a friends bar, any general tips for a barman?
And another one, what drinks must I know how to pour?

BBS Signature
Dean
Dean
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 46
Gamer
Response to NG Alcoholics Anonymous Jul. 7th, 2012 @ 10:43 AM Reply

At 7/7/12 09:24 AM, Will wrote: I'm going to work at a friends bar, any general tips for a barman?

Don't give priorities to pretty ladies who push their way to the front. Nothing pisses me off more than that. The barman acknowledges that he'll serve me next then some slapper pushes her way through the mob of alcoholics and gets served before me. That russles my Jimmies.

Guinness, it's the only drink worth serving!

But that's something I always wondered about working in a bar. When someone comes up to you and asks for a cocktail that you've never heard of, what happens then? My pubs don't even do cocktails, so I've never seen that happen, but I was always curious. Personally, if I was a barman and someone asked me for a drink that I didn't know how to mix, I'd feel somewhat awkward.

BBS Signature
Decky
Decky
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 33
Melancholy
Response to NG Alcoholics Anonymous Jul. 7th, 2012 @ 11:09 AM Reply

Haven't posted in here for a while but then again I haven't really been drinkin' too much. Probably because I was concentrating on my college work, finished now though.

It was my 21st the other month and I want down to my favorite pub and found that they had started to stock Kracken rum. I convinced myself that this was because it was my birthday and took it upon myself to finish the bottle they had out. Can't remember if I did it.

I said no to drugs but they just wouldn't listen.
Like Page///Art Thread///Latest Art Piece

BBS Signature
Sense-Offender
Sense-Offender
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 29
Movie Buff
Response to NG Alcoholics Anonymous Jul. 7th, 2012 @ 02:38 PM Reply

Whenever I buy vodka, it's Svedka. It's quintuple distilled, versatile as far as mixing, and only about 20 bucks or so for a big bottle. And, it's Swedish, like me!

At 7/7/12 11:09 AM, Decky wrote: It was my 21st the other month and I want down to my favorite pub and found that they had started to stock Kracken rum.

I've seen that in the store down the street from me. It's hard to miss. I've been wanting to get it, just for the awesome bottle. I'd definitely keep it.

One of these days, I'm just gonna have a spot in my room for empty bottles. I still have the first bottle I ever bought for myself from my 21st birthday.

sig by Jay11

BBS Signature
Decky
Decky
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 33
Melancholy
Response to NG Alcoholics Anonymous Jul. 7th, 2012 @ 03:27 PM Reply

At 7/7/12 11:09 AM, Decky wrote: It was my 21st the other month and I want down to my favorite pub and found that they had started to stock Kracken rum.
I've seen that in the store down the street from me. It's hard to miss. I've been wanting to get it, just for the awesome bottle. I'd definitely keep it.

I keep my first bottle of it for around 6 months and then I moved and it got lost somewhere, it truly is a great rum and it's not too expensive (here anyway). I'll be drinking more of it now they got it in.

One of these days, I'm just gonna have a spot in my room for empty bottles. I still have the first bottle I ever bought for myself from my 21st birthday.

It's nice to keep some bottles as souvenirs, having heard that I wish that I had saved my first bottle of whatever.

I said no to drugs but they just wouldn't listen.
Like Page///Art Thread///Latest Art Piece

BBS Signature
Prinzy2
Prinzy2
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 15
Melancholy
Response to NG Alcoholics Anonymous Jul. 7th, 2012 @ 04:42 PM Reply

At 7/7/12 09:24 AM, Will wrote: I'm going to work at a friends bar, any general tips for a barman?

Welcome to the club. Depending on the type of bar I'd have different advice, so I'll assume you work at a country western bar that's a high volume place on the weekends, and more of a tavern on weekdays ha ha.

For getting tips, always ask if they want doubles. Most people tip the change so if it's 4.50 for a hi-ball, you'll be getting 50 cents. They get a double it's $9 and you get a dollar.

Also try and push shots if it's slow with this simple line "How about some shots to get this party started?"

Some simple flairtending tricks are a bonus too. Jagerbombs, are a popular drop shot, so I do this little trick when I'm pouring the Red Bull.

Every bar is different, but for the most part people will tell you what they want. Vodka Sprite, Rye Ginger, Rum & Coke.

Some popular shots in the past I've served are Burt Reynolds which is Spiced Rum and Butter Ripple schnapps, Bottle Caps which are Cherry Whisky, Root Beer Schnapps, and Blue Curacao dropped into Sprite and Bar Lime mix.

One of my personal creations is Melon liqueur and Raspberry Sour Puss dropped into Sprite with a touch of Lime Mix. As a bonus it can also be made into a cocktail.

One more tip, try and remain as professional as possible. Keep a hot moist towel at the ready so that you can clean the bar top, nobody likes leaning on the bar and getting sticky.

Try and be prepared too, before we had Spiced Rum on the gun, I'd have to run to the back display countless times to grab the bottle, or if we ran out to the off-sales, or worse yet downstairs. It's a real piss off for the customer when you take a minute to grab something. I finally got wise and made sure we had three of them ready to go before it got busy.

Sig by triplenoob

BBS Signature
Sense-Offender
Sense-Offender
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 29
Movie Buff
Response to NG Alcoholics Anonymous Jul. 7th, 2012 @ 07:30 PM Reply

At 7/7/12 03:27 PM, Decky wrote: I keep my first bottle of it for around 6 months and then I moved and it got lost somewhere, it truly is a great rum and it's not too expensive (here anyway).

Yeah, it's not too much. It's just the amount you get for your buck is kinda low, but it's probably worth it. I usually get the cheap stuff. My usual is Philadelphia whiskey, which is only 19 bucks and change after tax, and it's a big ass bottle.

It's nice to keep some bottles as souvenirs, having heard that I wish that I had saved my first bottle of whatever.

My first bottle was Bacardi Gold. I still have it in a drawer in my room.

sig by Jay11

BBS Signature