New Topic Respond to this Topic
Rahmemhotep
Rahmemhotep
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 12
Musician
Response to NG Alcoholics Anonymous Apr. 2nd, 2012 @ 01:57 AM Reply

At 4/2/12 12:37 AM, Rallard wrote: Has anyone ever blacked out and then came to later on in the night? This happened to me on Saturday. My friends and I got VIP bottle service at this club and I pregamed a little too hard, with like 7 shots and a dark beer... maybe more than that, I'm not sure.

I guess I stayed on the dance floor and texted my friend "what the fuck is going onnnn" even though he was at our booth like, 20 feet away. I don't remember any of this.

But I vividly remember leaving, the drive home, and going to sleep. It's really bizarre.

Yeah, I've had that happen. A couple weeks back I got fucking pissed (Not pished, pissed... Just another way to say piss drunk), like, the most drunk I have been since the first time I had a drinking party with my brother and that was years ago (I can remember that whole night. Had 4 Smirnoff Ices, some Morgan Lime Bite, some other junk and half of a half gallon bottle of Jaegermeister. I was falling all over the place, it was awesome). That night I drank a few Molsons first and a half a bottle of Calico Jack or some amount (We all know what happens when you drink beer before liquor. The alcohol enters your bloodstream faster). I blacked out at some point and apparently did a bunch of silly shit, threw up several times and kept getting back up to drink more. I don't remember any of that, but later on I came to on the couch and could hear my friend saying to my brother that we went out to the car to listen to music and I passed out on the second song. I felt like getting up and drinking some more, but I decided to go to sleep since they seemed to be about to.

When do you know you're drunk?

Uhh, this really depends. I mean, I'm one of the kind of people that doesn't just get 'normal' drunk when I drink. My brother, my good friend and I go past what most people think is 'enough' every time we drink together. The thing about this is that we can stay coherent better than most. Another factor would be tolerance (We're all big guys), but my tolerance seems to fluctuate and is, of course, affected by whether or not I start with malt beverages (There was a time when the three of us could go through three half gallons of Morgan 100 in a night without throwing up). To us, throwing up is just part of drinking and doesn't bother us too much. So, when do I know I'm drunk? Eh, when things start wobbling around and shit starts gettin' mad fun.

Captain Morgan Black Rum

Captain Morgan released a new rum and it's black. I've had black rum before, like Kraken and I like it, but Morgan is on another level. I haven't drank any of the bottle yet, but I was wondering if y'all have seen it around or if it's just being market tested in some areas. They don't have it listed on their website and that's why I think it might still be in a market testing period.

While I'm on the subject, what's everyone's favourite Morgan? I've had 'em all and I believe my favourite is the Morgan 100. Private Stock is also an excellent choice, though.

My sig is clickable and takes you some place.
Best Thread Ever

BBS Signature
Rahmemhotep
Rahmemhotep
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 12
Musician
Response to NG Alcoholics Anonymous Apr. 2nd, 2012 @ 06:09 PM Reply

At 4/2/12 02:06 AM, Travis wrote: Does anyone know if The Kraken Black Spiced Rum is any good and what you can compare it to taste wise?

I've wanted to try it ever since that cool commercial with the sweet animation of the kraken... you know, advertisement doin' work.

Well, black rum is unique tasting. It's heavily woody and spiced... Uhh, I can't really explain it. Just have some Coca Cola on hand. Kraken is good shit.

Best Thread Ever

BBS Signature
Spilda-Bongwata
Spilda-Bongwata
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 20
Movie Buff
Response to NG Alcoholics Anonymous Apr. 2nd, 2012 @ 06:15 PM Reply

im driving with my brother to mesquite texas to pick up some wood and equipment. i know there's good steak in texas but what should i have to wash it down?

BBS Signature
Rahmemhotep
Rahmemhotep
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 12
Musician
Response to NG Alcoholics Anonymous Apr. 3rd, 2012 @ 06:12 PM Reply

I invented a new drink last night. I call it a Green N***a, because I was high and my friend asked me what its name was. You take moscato wine and Dekuyper melon liqueur, make it however big you want at two thirds moscato and one third melon liqueur. It has a unique taste, but I like it. Try it some time!

Best Thread Ever

BBS Signature
Spilda-Bongwata
Spilda-Bongwata
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 20
Movie Buff
Response to NG Alcoholics Anonymous Apr. 6th, 2012 @ 01:41 AM Reply

at least 5 shots of grey goose
1 swig of captain moes
like a quarter-handle of canadian wishkey

BBS Signature
Rahmemhotep
Rahmemhotep
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 12
Musician
Response to NG Alcoholics Anonymous Apr. 9th, 2012 @ 09:44 AM Reply

Had some cerveza (mexican style beer) with my cousin the other night. It was called Sol and was supposedly established in 1988. It was smooth, like a good cerveza should be, but a bit metallic at the front, even though it was bottled. A bit watery, as well. Corona Extra is definitely a superior choice, we agreed. I think I'll rate it a no buy. It's ok, but not worth the price. Good drinkin' to ye!

Best Thread Ever

BBS Signature
Spilda-Bongwata
Spilda-Bongwata
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 20
Movie Buff
Response to NG Alcoholics Anonymous Apr. 9th, 2012 @ 11:20 AM Reply

i agree. corona is way too expensive for me, but it goes down so smooth.

the taste of the beer isn't full though. i would rather buy stella artois.

BBS Signature
Nevermind
Nevermind
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 16
Animator
Response to NG Alcoholics Anonymous Apr. 9th, 2012 @ 01:00 PM Reply

As long as people seem to be discussing home made mixes, I'll share "Hedberg's Special".

Take about 2/4 of moonshine, add in a little sour crap which I can't even remember the name of, sugar, and then fill the rest up to the top with energy drink. Great for when you want to get drunk quickly, but may result in heart condition.

Spilda-Bongwata
Spilda-Bongwata
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 20
Movie Buff
Response to NG Alcoholics Anonymous Apr. 9th, 2012 @ 02:05 PM Reply

my step mother's brother in law makes the best fucking swwish ever man... he really knows what he is doing

he even brought his own strawberry wine. i'm not a wine person. i didn't try it but my dad said it was great. and he doesn't usually drink wine either.

but the swish tasted good... almost addictive! and of course it gets you hammed as fuck

BBS Signature
Spilda-Bongwata
Spilda-Bongwata
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 20
Movie Buff
Response to NG Alcoholics Anonymous Apr. 9th, 2012 @ 06:05 PM Reply

i plan to get really fucking drunk after work tomorrow

and im gonna get really fucking high with my boss tonight

BBS Signature
Rallard
Rallard
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 03
Blank Slate
Response to NG Alcoholics Anonymous Apr. 9th, 2012 @ 10:29 PM Reply

Took it easy last weekend due to a cold. It's surprising how little booze appeals to me when I'm sick, but I guess that's not too unusual.

Some pictures went up from two weeks ago when I blacked out at the club, too. Thankfully I wasn't tagged, because god damn. I was wearing a black shirt with "GTL- Gym, Tan Laundry" on it and a collared shirt with one of those generic designs on the side. All I needed was a spray on tan and some gel, christ almighty.

But anyway, I tried the Sam Adams Summer Pack this weekend and it was pretty mediocre. They had a belgian beer which was good, but there was an awful Summer Ale in there and a CHERRY ALE. I almost threw up drinking the cherry ale, it was fucking disgusting. Everything else was okay - original Sam Adam's Boston Lager included.

For the Sam Adam's Summer Pack (or whatever it's called), I give it a 6/10.

Rahmemhotep
Rahmemhotep
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 12
Musician
Response to NG Alcoholics Anonymous Apr. 10th, 2012 @ 10:39 AM Reply

At 4/9/12 10:36 PM, Travis wrote: Got this entire weekend off (yay) and thinking of hitting up a few parties at my future school.

Looks like Natural and Busch Lite all weekend...

Oh, God.

I am gonna see if I can get ahold of some jagermeister somehow for the weekend.

You'd better. I wouldn't wish a curse of shitty beer on anyone.

I've seen some cherry ales at my wholesaler. Never bothered, when I could just get lager or cerveza. The packaging for Molson Ice changed. Looks pretty sick, I like it better than the old picture.

Best Thread Ever

BBS Signature
Spilda-Bongwata
Spilda-Bongwata
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 20
Movie Buff
Response to NG Alcoholics Anonymous Apr. 10th, 2012 @ 11:02 PM Reply

At 4/9/12 10:36 PM, Travis wrote: Got this entire weekend off (yay) and thinking of hitting up a few parties at my future school.

Looks like Natural and Busch Lite all weekend...

dont even know what im going to pick up this saturday... im getting hammered though lol maybe ill get something new

i understand busch is fairly popular in america? i see my buddy pete at my family cabin in the summer i think he gets it just because its cheap lol im not a fan but who complains about cheap beer right? i still drink james ready to this motherfucking day LOL

I am gonna see if I can get ahold of some jagermeister somehow for the weekend.

a friend with weed is a friend indeed but a best friend with seemingly infinite liquor is so much more

BBS Signature
Spilda-Bongwata
Spilda-Bongwata
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 20
Movie Buff
Response to NG Alcoholics Anonymous Apr. 10th, 2012 @ 11:13 PM Reply

it's almost like im being forced to get drunk as fuck with all this great booze every weekend. i think i deserve it, i hadn't had a drink for weeks before uh... shit well i didn't get DRUNK for weeks before easter. 60oz. of grey goose this weekend i think its gonna still be full by friday night too because he doesn't drink hard when he's working.

i think that's something all successful people share. if you do lines (excessive to some but entire beside my point and i dont even sniff coke) or get hammed as fuck during the night and still wake up at 5 then fucking do it. if you can't, get your fucking shit together. thats your priorities. be happy, and live life. you guys can argue all day about how money doesn't buy love, but it sure as fuck buys happiness. and love isn't easy to come by hahaha. bottoms up and uhh... be safe i guess. that should probably be priority number 1 lol.

BBS Signature
Dromedary
Dromedary
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 26
Melancholy
Response to NG Alcoholics Anonymous Apr. 11th, 2012 @ 11:54 AM Reply

Just got back from holiday, picked myself up some Cannabis flavoured absinthe, the 80% stuff. The next party I go to should be interesting.

MrPercie on Dromedary: "smug santa claus face, bringing nicieties to those he likes but shite to those he hates - which is everyone"

Sig by this dude

BBS Signature
Rahmemhotep
Rahmemhotep
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 12
Musician
Response to NG Alcoholics Anonymous Apr. 11th, 2012 @ 10:58 PM Reply

At 4/11/12 11:54 AM, Dromedary wrote: Just got back from holiday, picked myself up some Cannabis flavoured absinthe, the 80% stuff. The next party I go to should be interesting.

That sounds like the most disgusting and retarded booze flavour.

Hey, yo, bitches. If I buy peanut butter flavoured vodka, what kind of liquor/beverage do y'all suggest I mix it with? Just for the fun of it, you know how it is. I mean, grape or strawberry soda is a duh, so what else?

Best Thread Ever

BBS Signature
Jon4life
Jon4life
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 27
Art Lover
Response to NG Alcoholics Anonymous Apr. 12th, 2012 @ 01:38 AM Reply

Wasted for a week straight over spring break, most days I've ever drank in a row.

DannyIsOnFire
DannyIsOnFire
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 21
Movie Buff
Response to NG Alcoholics Anonymous Apr. 12th, 2012 @ 04:42 AM Reply

Bank Holiday weekend was a bit of a mess, despite me working Friday, Saturday, Sunday and Monday, I still managed to go out twice. Friday night was decent, although started too early and then got way too drunk on far too many jagerbombs. Sunday was a bit better, started after work and hit the cocktails hard.

At work again today but then stopping back afterwards to do the pub quiz and hopefully win some prizes and cash!

|| Portfolio || Facebook || Twitter ||

BBS Signature
Dromedary
Dromedary
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 26
Melancholy
Response to NG Alcoholics Anonymous Apr. 12th, 2012 @ 07:16 PM Reply

At 4/11/12 10:58 PM, Rahmemhotep wrote:
At 4/11/12 11:54 AM, Dromedary wrote: Just got back from holiday, picked myself up some Cannabis flavoured absinthe, the 80% stuff. The next party I go to should be interesting.
That sounds like the most disgusting and retarded booze flavour.

I agree completely. But it's something I've never seen before, so I thought what the hell.

And it was only like 10 euros.

MrPercie on Dromedary: "smug santa claus face, bringing nicieties to those he likes but shite to those he hates - which is everyone"

Sig by this dude

BBS Signature
stinkychops
stinkychops
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 10
Blank Slate
Response to NG Alcoholics Anonymous Apr. 13th, 2012 @ 05:20 AM Reply

Anyone got any Whiskey to recommend?

Getting a bit tied of the stock standard.

/Australia/

/thread

Fim
Fim
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 47
Audiophile
Response to NG Alcoholics Anonymous Apr. 15th, 2012 @ 08:27 AM Reply

Can I join??? I work on a bar in the centre of my town and drink (probably) too much in my spare time :)

BBS Signature
Rahmemhotep
Rahmemhotep
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 12
Musician
Response to NG Alcoholics Anonymous Apr. 15th, 2012 @ 11:12 AM Reply

At 4/15/12 08:27 AM, Fim wrote: Can I join??? I work on a bar in the centre of my town and drink (probably) too much in my spare time :)

Uh sure. I don't even think I formally joined, though.

So anybody got a good plan on how to start the Beer Review Crew? I know someone said they didn't want it to be like that one site, so does that mean I should give the users a good bit of freedom when reviewing? Like, the only requirements for a review be, "(malt name), description, score out of 10 or 5 (user's choice)". Or should it be something more constraining and precise?

Best Thread Ever

BBS Signature
Rahmemhotep
Rahmemhotep
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 12
Musician
Response to NG Alcoholics Anonymous Apr. 15th, 2012 @ 11:28 AM Reply

At 4/15/12 11:12 AM, Rahmemhotep wrote:
At 4/15/12 08:27 AM, Fim wrote: Can I join??? I work on a bar in the centre of my town and drink (probably) too much in my spare time :)

So anybody got a good plan on how to start the Beer Review Crew? I know someone said they didn't want it to be like that one site, so does that mean I should give the users a good bit of freedom when reviewing? Like, the only requirements for a review be, "(malt name), description, score out of 10 or 5 (user's choice)". Or should it be something more constraining and precise?

Just had a revelation and with approval from my fellow boozers, will put it into effect. I wanted to start a liquor review club as well, but why don't I just put them together? Here's how I see it...

For beer/malt: (name), description, consider the price, score out of five.

For liquor: (name), description, consider the price, score out of ten.

So, how about it? Should I get crackin'?

Best Thread Ever

BBS Signature
Dromedary
Dromedary
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 26
Melancholy
Response to NG Alcoholics Anonymous Apr. 15th, 2012 @ 12:50 PM Reply

So anybody got a good plan on how to start the Beer Review Crew?

What's wrong with the Beer Club?

Sig by this dude

BBS Signature
Rahmemhotep
Rahmemhotep
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 12
Musician
Response to NG Alcoholics Anonymous Apr. 15th, 2012 @ 01:19 PM Reply

At 4/15/12 12:50 PM, Dromedary wrote:

So anybody got a good plan on how to start the Beer Review Crew?
What's wrong with the Beer Club?

First off, I have this stark feeling you either ignored my second post, or you missed it. Second, a club dedicated solely to informative reviewing of alcohol, be it sophisticated or casual, is a great idea. It would be an awesome source for everyone to be proud of (lol). Besides, we've been kicking around the idea for a while now, I'd like to get it started.

Best Thread Ever

BBS Signature
Rahmemhotep
Rahmemhotep
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 12
Musician
Response to NG Alcoholics Anonymous Apr. 15th, 2012 @ 01:45 PM Reply

I got lost in my thoughts and forgot to post about my drinking Friday. Friday was our baby shower for our little girl that be on her way. There was drinking at this baby shower, because that's how we roll. I had three Pabst in cans and 3 Molson Ice in bottles and a bit of JD. I also won a drinking contest where you had to chug a mixture of Kahlua Peppermint Mocha and cream out of a baby bottle. The prize was a small bottle of Bailey's.

Later that day I went out to Longhorn Steakhouse with some friends, but fuck! That place is pricey! In any case, me one mate got himself a martini I suggested that was passion fruit, pineapple and some different vodkas put into it. Had me a sip and that thing was bitchin'! It was very weak tasting, but that's how a mealtime drink should be, so I wouldn't strike points off for that. The issue was that the damn thing was EIGHT AMERICAN DOLLARS! Eight fucking dollars for, like, 3 ounces of stuff and a piece of pineapple! I mean, I know the prices of the things that went in it and it should've only been around 5-6 bits!

Then we went to our other friend's place and played drinking games until our other friend showed up and played more games. I didn't drink very much and there wasn't a single point in the night where I was drunk, but our two friends got completely trashed. This would've been fine if we weren't at our friend's place where his mum 'n' grandma live. Ugh, I was trying to go to sleep at 3 AM, but they kept me up until 5 something and I had woken up the day before at 7 in the morning. Many funny things happened, though.

Best Thread Ever

BBS Signature
DannyIsOnFire
DannyIsOnFire
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 21
Movie Buff
Response to NG Alcoholics Anonymous Apr. 18th, 2012 @ 02:05 PM Reply

Done a bit of drinking today without even realising it. Had a pint of Tuborg with my dinner, got home and had a can of Budweiser, went for a pint of Stella with my tea and now having a couple of Fosters whilst watching the Champions League.

Also, out on Monday for a mates birthday. Starting early, finishing late, the usual shit.

BBS Signature
Luis
Luis
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Melancholy
Response to NG Alcoholics Anonymous Apr. 22nd, 2012 @ 10:35 PM Reply

Dunno how many people are local to NY, but the holy grail of cocktail tasting events is coming up next month at the Manhattan cocktail classic.

I'm going to be there for two events, the British Invasion Cocktail event on saturday may 12th, and the Suntory Japanese BBQ and Cocktail celebration on sunday may 13th. I think the British Invasion one is sold out but the other one is still a go. There's a few NG people im going with, so i figured I'd plug it in here. Its probably my favorite alcohol based event of the year. Get alot of ideas for drinks and you get to taste unusual mixes.

Will report back here my thoughts when the time comes.

None

DannyIsOnFire
DannyIsOnFire
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 21
Movie Buff
Response to NG Alcoholics Anonymous Apr. 23rd, 2012 @ 04:14 AM Reply

Going drinking today but I've already spotted a few problems. First off, I'm starting in less than two hours which means in total it's going to last around sixteen hours (if I make it to the end). Second, I've only had four hours sleep so I'll be pretty tired at about the half way point. Third, I'm hitting the casino which means if I win I can afford a great night and if I lose I'm gonna be pretty disappointed throughout it. Fourth, were going to a crappy place to finish the night were the musics too loud and the people too many.

All in all, I'm hopeful, but not overly expecting. I'll report back on Wednesday with the results.

BBS Signature
Rahmemhotep
Rahmemhotep
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 12
Musician
Response to NG Alcoholics Anonymous Apr. 27th, 2012 @ 05:44 PM Reply

Hopefully, I will be getting trashed tonight. Although, I have no clue what I'll be drinking. It's my friend's birthday party.

Best Thread Ever

BBS Signature