New Topic Respond to this Topic
Luis
Luis
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Melancholy
Response to NG Alcoholics Anonymous Mar. 15th, 2012 @ 07:24 PM Reply

At 1 day ago, Ejit wrote: I suppose I wouldn't want to drink it as a means to an end but I find it's great to drink whilst eating or watching something like football. Helps that it's relatively cheap. I know shit all about beer though, wouldn't even know what to compare it to.

I've not had it in a long time actually. but i do know i dont like football so that doesnt help much either.
I'm gonna keep myself sober until st. pattys.

None

Dean
Dean
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 46
Gamer
Response to NG Alcoholics Anonymous Mar. 17th, 2012 @ 07:49 AM Reply

Got way too drunk last night and now I don't know if I'm wanting to go out for St. Paddy's Day. I blame Wetherspoons and their 4 Jagermiesters for £5. 7 shots of Jager, 2 pints of Carlsberg and a pint of Guinness is what I consumed last night. I was only out for about four hours before my mate decided it was time for me to go home, which was a good decision. Although staying out longer would have been pointless because the bouncer said I was too drunk to go into the club. He's a cool guy though. Not the angry sort that look like they want to hurt you.

It's never my intention to get that drunk, but it was the first night that I've essentially drank nothing but shots. Lesson learned and at least now I know my limits. It's not something I plan on doing again any time soon.

I really don't think going out today would be the best decision after the state I was in yesterday, but it's St. Patrick's Day! Oh the decisions.

BBS + Chat Moderator - Feel free to send me a PM if you have a problem!
Want to instant message me? [ Skype - DeanNewgrounds ]

BBS Signature
Dean
Dean
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 46
Gamer
Response to NG Alcoholics Anonymous Mar. 17th, 2012 @ 07:56 AM Reply

Oh, and I knew that my mate accidentally spilt one of my Jager shots on me, but I didn't know that I was walking around with a booze stain this big on my shirt. I must have looked quite a mess last night.

Apologies if the image quality is poor.

NG Alcoholics Anonymous

BBS Signature
Luis
Luis
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Melancholy
Response to NG Alcoholics Anonymous Mar. 17th, 2012 @ 11:24 AM Reply

stay thirsty friends. Also id totally support a beer review club. I think itd be cool and also with the rise of people brewing their own hooch itd have good traction I think?

None

Rahmemhotep
Rahmemhotep
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 12
Musician
Response to NG Alcoholics Anonymous Mar. 18th, 2012 @ 09:30 AM Reply

I didn't get very drunk last night. Pretty disappointed, but whatever. I had a Guinness draught last night... Wow... That stuff is nasty ass shit. I mean, I can drink it, I guess, but it's really salty in the back and it lacks good carbonation. Tastes like cat piss, really. Guinness has other beers that are much better tasting.

My sig is clickable and takes you some place.
Best Thread Ever

BBS Signature
Rallard
Rallard
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 03
Blank Slate
Response to NG Alcoholics Anonymous Mar. 18th, 2012 @ 11:36 PM Reply

At 1 day ago, Luis wrote: stay thirsty friends. Also id totally support a beer review club. I think itd be cool and also with the rise of people brewing their own hooch itd have good traction I think?

So long as it didn't turn into something like BeerAdvocate, I'd be interested in a beer review club. It would actually be nice to see reviews by people who don't come off as pretentious or trying too hard.

As for my St. Patrick's: I ended up being more hungover Saturday morning than this morning. Like, I puked and felt awful after a lot of shitty beers Friday night, but then I drank like 3 times as much last night and didn't even have a slight headache this morning. Not the worst St. Pattys but not the best either, I guess?

Dean
Dean
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 46
Gamer
Response to NG Alcoholics Anonymous Mar. 19th, 2012 @ 05:49 AM Reply

At 20 hours ago, Rahmemhotep wrote: I had a Guinness draught last night... Wow... That stuff is nasty ass shit.

BLASPHEMY!

Oh well. All the more Guinness for me then.

BBS Signature
Decky
Decky
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 33
Melancholy
Response to NG Alcoholics Anonymous Mar. 19th, 2012 @ 10:28 AM Reply

Was out the other night at a local real ale festival and tried a rather nice ale called Swordfish. It had the aroma of rum and a slight woody taste to it. At 5.0% it wasn't bad at all. Needless to say that after quite a few pints of that (one of which we topped up with JD. I have no idea I was drunk) me and my mate were completely plastered. What a night, can honestly say i'm quite glad that i'll probably never have a pint of that again. It's possible to have too much of a good thing.

I said no to drugs but they just wouldn't listen.
Like Page///Art Thread///Latest Art Piece

BBS Signature
Rahmemhotep
Rahmemhotep
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 12
Musician
Response to NG Alcoholics Anonymous Mar. 19th, 2012 @ 11:12 AM Reply

At 9 minutes ago, Decky wrote: Was out the other night at a local real ale festival and tried a rather nice ale called Swordfish. It had the aroma of rum and a slight woody taste to it. At 5.0% it wasn't bad at all. Needless to say that after quite a few pints of that (one of which we topped up with JD. I have no idea I was drunk) me and my mate were completely plastered. What a night, can honestly say i'm quite glad that i'll probably never have a pint of that again. It's possible to have too much of a good thing.

A beer that has the vanilla/molasses smell of rum and has a woody taste... Must have been aged in a barrel. Just the thought of a beer that has that rum quality of it makes me want it.

Reminds me of the Marx Brothers. What's the password?

Yeahhh, that original stout that Guinness puts out... I don't like it. I HAVE had, like, an Irish lager or something that Guinness puts out. I don't believe it was the Harp lager, because the labeling was green and it had a brighter appearance. Can anyone tell me what this is? I think I had it in 2010.

Just found out about that black lager. I'm gonna have to try that.

Best Thread Ever

BBS Signature
Rahmemhotep
Rahmemhotep
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 12
Musician
Response to NG Alcoholics Anonymous Mar. 19th, 2012 @ 11:25 AM Reply

At 11 minutes ago, Rahmemhotep wrote:

I don't believe it was the Harp lager, because the labeling was green and it had a brighter appearance. Can anyone tell me what this is? I think I had it in 2010.

Just figured out what that is. It IS the Harp Lager. I don't know if it's green depending on region or what.

Best Thread Ever

BBS Signature
Spilda-Bongwata
Spilda-Bongwata
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 20
Movie Buff
Response to NG Alcoholics Anonymous Mar. 19th, 2012 @ 11:29 AM Reply

rum and cider today

bottoms up everyone

BBS Signature
Dean
Dean
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 46
Gamer
Response to NG Alcoholics Anonymous Mar. 23rd, 2012 @ 11:08 AM Reply

A punk, a skinhead and a metalhead walk into a bar. The barman says; "Oh look, it's the Thomson family!"

Tomorrow night I'm going out with my Dad and uncle for a few beers. Well, we're leaving at 6pm so it's going to be more than a few. That's besides the point. The bar they're wanting to go to is in a neighbouring town, which means it's not within walking distance and (here comes the shocking part) I'm probably going to have to pay for a taxi home. I've never paid for a taxi before. It's something that I'm proud of of being able to say. No matter how drunk I am, I always walk home. Probably not the smartest move, but it's a hell of a lot cheaper. And if you hadn't already gathered, I'm one cheap bastard.

Nights out with my Dad and uncle are always fun though. I think the reason that they're going to the bar in the neighbouring town is because they like the selection on the jukebox and it has a pool table. To me, that doesn't justify the travelling, seeing as we have a pub with a decent jukebox (by decent, we mean has a lot of punk tracks) and a pool table, but whatever, I'm not turning down what will probably be a night of free beer for me.

I'm probably going to regret this though. So much work to get finished by the end of next week.

BBS Signature
Prinzy2
Prinzy2
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 15
Melancholy
Response to NG Alcoholics Anonymous Mar. 24th, 2012 @ 06:54 PM Reply

At 3/23/12 11:08 AM, Dean wrote:

I don't see why you'd be expected to pay for anything unless you're outdrinking the old man and uncle. Unless it's standard to pay for your fair share. With friends I can see that, but if I'm out with my dad, he pays the whole thing.

Managed to join a pretty awesome pool party tonight. The way the compound manager was talking normaly it's a clothes optional party, but unfortunately all the girls decided on bathing suits and undergarments. Maybe next week we'll have to get them extra drunk.

Sig by triplenoob

BBS Signature
Spilda-Bongwata
Spilda-Bongwata
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 20
Movie Buff
Response to NG Alcoholics Anonymous Mar. 28th, 2012 @ 09:38 AM Reply

why are you guys drinking tonight?

BBS Signature
Sepultura123
Sepultura123
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 18
Melancholy
Response to NG Alcoholics Anonymous Mar. 28th, 2012 @ 06:29 PM Reply

To get out of boredom...

-

BBS Signature
Rallard
Rallard
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 03
Blank Slate
Response to NG Alcoholics Anonymous Mar. 29th, 2012 @ 11:41 AM Reply

Has anyone tried a Brass Monkey before?

Specifically the Steel Reserve recipe, with a 40 of 211, 1/3rd cup OJ and two shots of Captain Morgan.

I'm thinking about trying it.

Spilda-Bongwata
Spilda-Bongwata
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 20
Movie Buff
Response to NG Alcoholics Anonymous Mar. 29th, 2012 @ 03:55 PM Reply

At 3/29/12 11:41 AM, Rallard wrote: Has anyone tried a Brass Monkey before?

Specifically the Steel Reserve recipe, with a 40 of 211, 1/3rd cup OJ and two shots of Captain Morgan.

I'm thinking about trying it.

there's a bar not far from my house called the brass monkey

BBS Signature
Prinzy2
Prinzy2
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 15
Melancholy
Response to NG Alcoholics Anonymous Mar. 30th, 2012 @ 06:15 AM Reply

At 3/30/12 05:23 AM, Travis wrote: I can't get it through MY head that they can't realize how bad they are fucking up and what they are truly missing out on.

I'm assuming that they're a close friend, which sucks when you have your own life figured out for the most part. Best thing you can do is simply step back, watch, provide a little nudge here and there, and hope they come to their senses.

So, I just walked home... now I'm alone and drunk and thinking. When I'm alone and thinking about things... that's bad. I need something to occupy me, but I'm drunk and I don't feel like sleeping yet...

Could always drink more to fall asleep

Either way, this sucks... and I feel like I'm about to hit that shitty fucking low that I don't fucking need at this point in my life.

I'm just coming out of one, I've been lucky enough to figure out what I really want though.

Oh and on another note... I got drunk off several shots of random liquor tonight and a few bottles of Miller Lite. I hate beer.

Now THAT'S sad.

Sig by triplenoob

BBS Signature
Rallard
Rallard
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 03
Blank Slate
Response to NG Alcoholics Anonymous Mar. 30th, 2012 @ 10:15 AM Reply

At 3/30/12 05:23 AM, Travis wrote: I hate beer.

We don't take kindly to your type around here. Get out!

Just kidding. But honestly, what was up with that post? I'm all for drunken rambling but that was awkward to read. It almost felt like I was sitting in an actual AA meeting, listening to someone ramble on about trivial bullshit and their emotions getting hurt.

Hope you slept it off and feel better now, I guess.

Spilda-Bongwata
Spilda-Bongwata
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 20
Movie Buff
Response to NG Alcoholics Anonymous Mar. 30th, 2012 @ 12:13 PM Reply

At 3/30/12 05:23 AM, Travis wrote: Either way, this person has really done a number on me emotionally and when I start to think about it I get bitter and depressed over it, because I want what's right for them and I KNOW WHAT'S RIGHT FOR THEM.

maybe the reason you can't just tell them what to do is because you know somewhere inside you that you are being a douchebag. if you were in front of me right now i would punch you really fucking hard. you need it.

mind your own fucking business. im not kidding, you sound like a pretentious goof and you have got nothing to be upset about. shut the fuck up, seriously. don't tell people what to do. worry about yourself and where YOUR life is at and stop crying.

BBS Signature
Snuff
Snuff
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 24
Melancholy
Response to NG Alcoholics Anonymous Mar. 30th, 2012 @ 02:55 PM Reply

I have no idea why, but for the past 2 months or so I just can't stop craving getting really drunk. I'm only 16 for Christ's sake, and I don't do it often.

I think it might be because, when I first joined college back in July, I made some new friends and got drunk kind of often. Then the was a massive falling out and I haven't done it for months. I haven't got a stressful life at all (like I said I'm 16), so I'm not thinking "Oh I want to drink all my troubles away" or anything like that.

And also, the last time I got drunk I had a terrible night filled with lots of bad times that I shouldn't go into, so if anything I should want to stay away from drink for good.

But it's seriously a massive craving, I've contemplated just getting drunk on my own but I have no real way of getting alcohol for myself, my sister would buy it but I also have no money.

Not sure what I'm hoping to get out of posting here but whatever, I never did think I'd post in the AA Thread.

P.S. Never ever take a large shot of neat Cointreau.

Spilda-Bongwata
Spilda-Bongwata
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 20
Movie Buff
Response to NG Alcoholics Anonymous Mar. 30th, 2012 @ 03:23 PM Reply

At 3/30/12 02:44 PM, Travis wrote: Lol I don't know what I was rambling on about... I was more gone than I thought obviously.

Oh well, all is well is Roswell.

thank god you cut that out.

BBS Signature
Spilda-Bongwata
Spilda-Bongwata
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 20
Movie Buff
Response to NG Alcoholics Anonymous Mar. 30th, 2012 @ 03:27 PM Reply

snuff why are you in college when you're only 16? is there only 10 grades in the UK or something?

BBS Signature
Spilda-Bongwata
Spilda-Bongwata
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 20
Movie Buff
Response to NG Alcoholics Anonymous Mar. 30th, 2012 @ 03:32 PM Reply

disregard my question, according to professor wikipedia i have already answered it.

BBS Signature
Dean
Dean
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 46
Gamer
Response to NG Alcoholics Anonymous Mar. 31st, 2012 @ 04:46 AM Reply

At 3/30/12 02:55 PM, Snuff wrote: But it's seriously a massive craving, I've contemplated just getting drunk on my own but I have no real way of getting alcohol for myself, my sister would buy it but I also have no money.

Although I've never been drunk on my own, I don't see the appeal. I guess people have their differing views, but to me, getting drunk is just a fun way to piss about with your friends. People do things that they wouldn't normally do. People say things they wouldn't normally say. People are more willing to buy me beer. If you were getting drunk on your own (at home, I assume) none of that is going to happen. You're not going to wake up the next day with patchy memories of all the funny things that happened. It just doesn't sound fun at all.

At 16, I didn't drink much at all. It wasn't until I was 17 and my friends were all turning 18 (I was just under a year younger than all the people I went to school with) that I got into drinking. Most if them would have private parties at a local bar that never really cared to ID people back then, so it was never an issue to get served. Basically, every time someone from my class had a party there, anyone was allowed to turn up, and we did.

It was in that bar that I first got really, really drunk. I got there at about 10pm, had 8+ pints of Strongbow in less than two hours and my friends were telling me to go home by 12. My memory of the night is patchy and a lot of what I know was told to me by friends. I could barely stand up straight without having to sit down or hold something. I was obviously feeling sick and made a mess in their toilet. Well, more like 'around' the toilet. I refused to get a taxi home (as always) and took the 15 minute when sober walk home. I can't remember the journey at all, but I remember when I got home I couldn't get into my house. I couldn't get the key in the lock so I sat on my door step and fell asleep. That was my last memory of the night.

The next day I woke up in bed, under the sheets, fully clothed. And I mean fully. Boots were still on, jacket was still on. I probably looked a mess. Thankfully hangovers have never been an issue, so I didn't have that to worry about. My mum kept making jokes about the situation for the rest of the day. I vowed never to get that drunk again and I don't think I ever have. I've come close a couple times though, but considering the number of nights out I've had, the percentage of those that have ended with me throwing up is really small.

Looks like I got a little side tracked with this post. Still, that night will never cease to amuse me.

BBS Signature
Snuff
Snuff
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 24
Melancholy
Response to NG Alcoholics Anonymous Mar. 31st, 2012 @ 08:00 AM Reply

I don't think I ever really would get drunk on my own, mainly for the reasons you stated. I think you really hit the nail on the head though, Dean. It's what happens while I'm drunk that I'm craving, not really the feeling.

There were also 2 parties planned in the next couple of weeks but unfortunately they've been called off or postponed. One of them was supposedly going to be massive though, as in hired warehouse with loads of DJ equipment and things. The thought is rather intimidating to me, having not been to any parties of that scale, but it would give me a chance to attack my liver relentlessly.

Spilda-Bongwata
Spilda-Bongwata
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 20
Movie Buff
Response to NG Alcoholics Anonymous Mar. 31st, 2012 @ 11:20 PM Reply

at what point do you guys notice you are really fucking drunk? i mean too drunk.

i think my limit is pretty light and that has probably got to do with my size. at 135 pounds, if i drink four shots of good liquor in an hour i notice im good and drunk, and try to slow down for the rest of the night.

BBS Signature
sandwich-eater
sandwich-eater
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 40
Programmer
Response to NG Alcoholics Anonymous Mar. 31st, 2012 @ 11:56 PM Reply

At 3/31/12 11:20 PM, Spilda-Bongwata wrote: at what point do you guys notice you are really fucking drunk? i mean too drunk.

When I feel sick. Then I slow down a lot. But sometimes when I'm just sitting there and continuously drinking, I stop for a while and it catches up to me. Then it's too late.
Sometimes I notice the effects after 1 drink. But I can have many more and feel the same. Also I'm only 52 kg

I had my 18th birthday party on Friday. Managed 18 "drinks", but the 9 shots were like 20%

Guests left behind 5 coronas, 2 bourbon & colas, a bottle opener and a shopping trolley. Pretty fun night.

BBS Signature
Spilda-Bongwata
Spilda-Bongwata
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 20
Movie Buff
Response to NG Alcoholics Anonymous Apr. 1st, 2012 @ 12:19 AM Reply

At 3/31/12 11:56 PM, sandwich-eater wrote:
At 3/31/12 11:20 PM, Spilda-Bongwata wrote: at what point do you guys notice you are really fucking drunk? i mean too drunk.
When I feel sick. Then I slow down a lot. But sometimes when I'm just sitting there and continuously drinking, I stop for a while and it catches up to me. Then it's too late.
Sometimes I notice the effects after 1 drink. But I can have many more and feel the same. Also I'm only 52 kg

wow i suppose there is a lot more to alcohol metabolism than weight and age. i am happy to say that i haven't released the bees for a very long time. i still get the gut wrenching feeling of hard liquor when i drink it, but i drink 40-50% because that's usually what we decide on.

I had my 18th birthday party on Friday. Managed 18 "drinks", but the 9 shots were like 20%

happy belated man!

Guests left behind 5 coronas, 2 bourbon & colas, a bottle opener and a shopping trolley. Pretty fun night.

free booze is always a treat

BBS Signature
Rallard
Rallard
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 03
Blank Slate
Response to NG Alcoholics Anonymous Apr. 2nd, 2012 @ 12:37 AM Reply

Has anyone ever blacked out and then came to later on in the night? This happened to me on Saturday. My friends and I got VIP bottle service at this club and I pregamed a little too hard, with like 7 shots and a dark beer... maybe more than that, I'm not sure.

I guess I stayed on the dance floor and texted my friend "what the fuck is going onnnn" even though he was at our booth like, 20 feet away. I don't remember any of this.

But I vividly remember leaving, the drive home, and going to sleep. It's really bizarre.