Rahmemhotep
Rahmemhotep
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 12
Musician
Response to NG Alcoholics Anonymous 2012-03-02 21:16:26 Reply

At 8 hours ago, Dean wrote:
At 8 hours ago, DannyIsOnFire wrote: it seems like the kind of pint you can really only have a couple of before it becomes hard to stomach.
It's been a long time since I last had Stella, but that's the main reason I don't really drink lager. They seem to make me feel bloated pretty quick and then I never feel like drinking more. Since Guinness doesn't have the fizz that most lagers do I can drink it for the whole night, easily. That's one of the main reasons I'm a Guinness drinker. That and it's definitely the best tasting thing that most pubs serve in pint glasses!

I'm meant to be going out tomorrow night, although I'm trying to limit what I spend these days so I might end up not drinking all that much. I might even put that rum I bought a while back to use and have some before I go. STILL GOT NO COKE THOUGH!

How can you buy rum and not buy Coke?? Except when you mix with ginger ale, I mean, lol. Rum is one of my favorite things to drink. Captain Morgan 100, because it tastes way better than the Original Spiced Rum and it has a higher alcohol content.

No, seriously. The Original tastes like ass. Do y'all know what I mean?

I'm getting properly pissed next week. Especially if I lose my job, ugh.

My sig is clickable and takes you some place.
Best Thread Ever

BBS Signature
Prinzy2
Prinzy2
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 15
Melancholy
Response to NG Alcoholics Anonymous 2012-03-03 09:58:59 Reply

I've been trying out different brands of alcohol lately and have been coming up bust lately. First one was a Kiwi flavored vodka which you think would be absolutely delicious, but no, it was complete and udder garbage. Second was 8PM, a blend of Indian and Scotch Whisky, I expected it to be bad based on a price of about $10 for a 750ml, but it would be better used as cleaner than as a tool to get drunk. Third was Cachaca which I expected to be like a high quality rum since it's made from sugarcane juice instead of molasses, but no, it had a terrible taste of tequila and very shitty rum.

The only good things I've bought are Havana club white, a triple sec made in South Africa, and a brandy made in South Africa, and some Agnostra bitters.

One thing that's really good at the end of a meal is the triple sec, could be Cointrue, Grand Marnier, Blue Curacao if you're in a pinch, a couple dashes of Agnostra bitters, and hot water.

Yes I am an old man.

Sig by triplenoob

BBS Signature
Dean
Dean
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 46
Gamer
Response to NG Alcoholics Anonymous 2012-03-04 07:08:16 Reply

At 1 day ago, Rahmemhotep wrote: How can you buy rum and not buy Coke??

I did buy Coke. I just drank it faster than I drank the rum.

Can I be considered a regular at a bar if the bartender knows what I'm going to order? I just walked into the bar and he pointed at the Guinness tap and started pouring. It was a nice feeling, in a odd way.

How many of you guys suffer from hangovers? I find it odd that I've never had one. Without sounding like I'm trying to brag, I usually drink more than the people I'm with, seem to still be in the best condition at the end of the night and wake up hangover free. I feel mildly dizzy when I first get up, but that's a small price to pay. Some people seem to take a day to recover.

I must be totally hardcore or something!

BBS + Chat Moderator - Feel free to send me a PM if you have a problem!
Want to instant message me? [ Skype - DeanNewgrounds ]

BBS Signature
Prinzy2
Prinzy2
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 15
Melancholy
Response to NG Alcoholics Anonymous 2012-03-04 07:40:12 Reply

At 28 minutes ago, Dean wrote:
How many of you guys suffer from hangovers? I find it odd that I've never had one. Without sounding like I'm trying to brag, I usually drink more than the people I'm with, seem to still be in the best condition at the end of the night and wake up hangover free. I feel mildly dizzy when I first get up, but that's a small price to pay. Some people seem to take a day to recover.

I have terrible hangovers, even a 12 pack of beers will have me bed ridden the next day. I suspect it's my diet because I use to not suffer from hangovers quite as bad, I also use to hydrate myself quite a bit better, all that peppermint tea and clean living.

I must be totally hardcore or something!

I hate you so much right now.

Sig by triplenoob

BBS Signature
Decky
Decky
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 33
Melancholy
Response to NG Alcoholics Anonymous 2012-03-06 20:54:45 Reply

Well ladies and gents, it's been a shocking couple of months for me and sat here I came to this conclusion when I realised. I haven't been drunk in nearly two months!

I don't even know why. I'm guessing that I kinda had my fill around Christmas and New Years. I must have just decided to go sober for a while in the back of my head, must have been going a little crazy back there. So anyway, I'm going to change this and have got a little bit of spare cash so I ask this question:

You've not been drunk in two months, you have 50 pounds (not sure in dollars). What drink would you buy?

Basically just after suggestions here, there are lots of drinks in my head but not too sure. I usually like rums like Kraken and ales along with the usuals like JD and basically any spirit. Not fussy, just think it should be something cool.

I said no to drugs but they just wouldn't listen.
Like Page///Art Thread///Latest Art Piece

BBS Signature
Prinzy2
Prinzy2
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 15
Melancholy
Response to NG Alcoholics Anonymous 2012-03-07 03:15:39 Reply

At 6 hours ago, Decky wrote: You've not been drunk in two months, you have 50 pounds (not sure in dollars). What drink would you buy?

I'm assuming you're in Britland where it's cold and miserable right meow?

I find Jamesons and hot water comforting, even better if you add a couple dashes of Agnostura bitters, but that's not everyone's cup of tea. Stiff rum and cokes are always a safe bet, maybe Whisky and Ginger Ale. You could also spike hot chocolate with Baileys. I've drank a bottle of bourbon straight up before just to get drunk.

Personally I'd love to be sitting on a beach right now with a pina colada.

Sig by triplenoob

BBS Signature
Prinzy2
Prinzy2
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 15
Melancholy
Response to NG Alcoholics Anonymous 2012-03-07 05:50:46 Reply

http://www.ncbshow.com/This is the reason why I'll be sobing in my pillow tonight. A convention and trade show in Vegas dedicated to bartending and the industry, it's something a wet dream is made of.

Sig by triplenoob

BBS Signature
Rahmemhotep
Rahmemhotep
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 12
Musician
Response to NG Alcoholics Anonymous 2012-03-07 18:29:25 Reply

At 21 hours ago, Decky wrote:

You've not been drunk in two months, you have 50 pounds (not sure in dollars). What drink would you buy?

I'd definitely buy the biggest bottle of Jaegermeister I could find.

Best Thread Ever

BBS Signature
Decky
Decky
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 33
Melancholy
Response to NG Alcoholics Anonymous 2012-03-08 06:06:14 Reply

At 1 day ago, Prinzy2 wrote:
At 6 hours ago, Decky wrote: You've not been drunk in two months, you have 50 pounds (not sure in dollars). What drink would you buy?
I'm assuming you're in Britland where it's cold and miserable right meow?

You know it ;).

I find Jamesons and hot water comforting,

I've never been a big fan of adding hot water to whiskey. I've alway preferred to add something sweet like Coke or lemonade but I'll give it a try.

Stiff rum and cokes are always a safe bet, maybe Whisky and Ginger Ale.

This is more my bag.

You could also spike hot chocolate with Baileys.

Wouldn't the thickness of the Baileys course some trouble? I'm always a little worried with baileys that it'll just congeal on the top if it is mixed with something to thin.

I've drank a bottle of bourbon straight up before just to get drunk.

A man after my heart :3

Personally I'd love to be sitting on a beach right now with a pina colada.

..........or a bottle of cider, like a tramp ;)

At 11 hours ago, Rahmemhotep wrote: I'd definitely buy the biggest bottle of Jaegermeister I could find.

You sir, know what you are talking about.

I said no to drugs but they just wouldn't listen.
Like Page///Art Thread///Latest Art Piece

BBS Signature
Rallard
Rallard
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 03
Blank Slate
Response to NG Alcoholics Anonymous 2012-03-08 09:53:47 Reply

Went to the beach last weekend because southern california has some super hot days in the winter for some reason. Water was still ice cold but it was like 85f at the beach, and the beach we go to is hard to get to, so alcohol and drugs galore.

Steel Reserve is my new go to drink. It's feels like a top shelf version of malt liquors.

chiefindomer
chiefindomer
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 33
Gamer
Response to NG Alcoholics Anonymous 2012-03-08 20:45:38 Reply

At 14 hours ago, Decky wrote:
Wouldn't the thickness of the Baileys course some trouble? I'm always a little worried with baileys that it'll just congeal on the top if it is mixed with something to thin.

Should be fine, I sometimes put a shot of Baileys in my coffee along with a shot of whiskey and the Baileys works just like a flavored creamer once you mix it.

BBS Signature
Prinzy2
Prinzy2
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 15
Melancholy
Response to NG Alcoholics Anonymous 2012-03-09 09:48:17 Reply

At 12 hours ago, chiefindomer wrote:
At 14 hours ago, Decky wrote:
Should be fine, I sometimes put a shot of Baileys in my coffee along with a shot of whiskey and the Baileys works just like a flavored creamer once you mix it.

Indeed, Baileys is pretty versitile actually. Anything where you would use cream you can substitute with Baileys. Paralyzers are a good example, in addition you can totally screw with the template.

A paralyzer is basically Vodka, Kahlua (or your favorite coffee liqueur), cream, and Coke. I've made Banana paralyzers, rootbeer paralyzers, and rye paralyzers before. You would use Irish Whiskey, Kahlua, Baileys, and Coke, not sure what you'd call it, maybe an Irish paralyzer haha. You could also try Vodka, root beer schnapps, kahlua, cream, and root beer soda. The sky is the limit.

Sig by triplenoob

BBS Signature
Luis
Luis
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Melancholy
Response to NG Alcoholics Anonymous 2012-03-09 19:00:14 Reply

At 1 day ago, Travis wrote: Ok... Its spring break for several colleges and three of my buddies came home this week. It was a comfortably warm night so we played beer pong for about 3 hours. I tried sobering up so I could drive home and i left my friend's at 5:00 am. Of course a cop follows me home and slowly glides past me when I park. I think that from now on I am just going to stay wherever I drink because that was a bit scary tonight.

Yea i dont fuck with driving or people who are driving even slightly drunk. It's not worth the risk and the consequences of being pulled over are really brutal and expensive. That and you may run into a tree or other drunks driving home.

None

Dean
Dean
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 46
Gamer
Response to NG Alcoholics Anonymous 2012-03-11 11:16:10 Reply

After watching The Big Lebowski again, I want to try a White Russian. Any good?

BBS Signature
Rahmemhotep
Rahmemhotep
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 12
Musician
Response to NG Alcoholics Anonymous 2012-03-11 16:50:48 Reply

At 5 hours ago, Dean wrote: After watching The Big Lebowski again, I want to try a White Russian. Any good?

It just tastes... Like alcoholic coffee with a shitload of cream. So, exactly how you think it would. I guess it's ok.

Best Thread Ever

BBS Signature
Dromedary
Dromedary
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 26
Melancholy
Response to NG Alcoholics Anonymous 2012-03-11 17:00:36 Reply

So my quest to try as many different beers as possible begins! I'll probably write a short summary of them here, but my aim is to collect all the bottles. I'm not sure why but it sounds like a good idea.

Erdinger - German, it had the colour of Guinness, and a slightly sweet taste. Not really a fan of weissbier. 6/10
Birra Moretti - Italian, was too gassy and fizzed too much at the back of my tongue. The label is awesome though. 4/10
Krombacher - German, was a really nice combination of flavour and fizz, was incredibly easy to drink. 8/10
San Miguel - Spanish I think, was pretty tasteless and overexpensive. 2/10
Tsing Tsao - Chinese beer, definitely my favourite Asian beer, probably in my top 5 beers. Great flavour. 9/10
Grolsch - Dutch beer. I think it's hit and miss. Sometimes it tastes too malty, other times it's a good combination. 6/10

These aren't the only beers I have ever tried, but only since a few days ago, which is when I thought I would start my quest.

MrPercie on Dromedary: "smug santa claus face, bringing nicieties to those he likes but shite to those he hates - which is everyone"

Sig by this dude

BBS Signature
DannyIsOnFire
DannyIsOnFire
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 21
Movie Buff
Response to NG Alcoholics Anonymous 2012-03-11 19:43:17 Reply

At 2 hours ago, Dromedary wrote: San Miguel - Spanish I think, was pretty tasteless and overexpensive. 2/10

Try it again somewhere else. San Miguel is a really nice lager in my opinion.

Also, can't remember if I've mentioned this before but I've definitely found my favourite beer. Can't see it changing anytime soon and I can literally drink bottle after bottle of the stuff.

NG Alcoholics Anonymous

|| Portfolio || Facebook || Twitter ||

BBS Signature
Dean
Dean
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 46
Gamer
Response to NG Alcoholics Anonymous 2012-03-12 05:33:18 Reply

At 9 hours ago, DannyIsOnFire wrote: Also, can't remember if I've mentioned this before but I've definitely found my favourite beer.

I don't mind Peroni but I have a couple issues with it. First off, it's not exactly the cheapest beer behind the bar. I've always had it down as being one of the more expensive beers to order and considering that I'm quite happy to sit and drink Tennents or Carlsberg, I don't feel like it's worth the price jump. Second, they serve it in the stupidest looking glass I've ever seen. It's tall, slim and made me feel slightly silly.

Look at it:

NG Alcoholics Anonymous

BBS Signature
Rahmemhotep
Rahmemhotep
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 12
Musician
Response to NG Alcoholics Anonymous 2012-03-13 02:14:16 Reply

At 1 day ago, Dromedary wrote: So my quest to try as many different beers as possible begins! I'll probably write a short summary of them here, but my aim is to collect all the bottles. I'm not sure why but it sounds like a good idea.

I've actually been wanting to start a beer review crew in here, but I don't know if they would shut it down, because we have this thread.

Best Thread Ever

BBS Signature
nakedxbabe
nakedxbabe
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Musician
Response to NG Alcoholics Anonymous 2012-03-13 04:26:02 Reply

At 6/25/08 10:26 AM, UnknownFear wrote:
Rules:
Gotta love to drink ;)

I love to drink lemonade and naked juice all day long. :D

Myspace
Website Coming SoonPurevolume
<BR>Perfection Confection Sugar, you can use it on babies.

BBS Signature
Dean
Dean
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 46
Gamer
Response to NG Alcoholics Anonymous 2012-03-13 06:16:41 Reply

At 3 hours ago, Rahmemhotep wrote: I've actually been wanting to start a beer review crew in here, but I don't know if they would shut it down, because we have this thread.

Yea, I'm pretty sure it would be locked. There's no reason why you can't post beer reviews in here. In fact, this is the perfect place for posting beer reviews because everyone here drinks!

St. Patrick's Day this weekend. I knew I'd be going to the pub but now it looks like I'm going to be out Friday and Saturday night. The guy I was best friends with all through high school is coming back to town for the weekend and as usual, it looks like we're going to get pished!

What are you guys up to for St. Patrick's Day? Anything special?

BBS Signature
DannyIsOnFire
DannyIsOnFire
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 21
Movie Buff
Response to NG Alcoholics Anonymous 2012-03-13 12:12:56 Reply

At 5 hours ago, Dean wrote: What are you guys up to for St. Patrick's Day? Anything special?

Working. Gutted :(
Going to the pub tonight but I'll only be able to have a few because I'm watching the Liverpool/Everton match and I've gotta do a live commentary so... I don't want it to start becoming illegible towards the ninety minute mark :P

BBS Signature
BananaBreadMuffin
BananaBreadMuffin
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 41
Programmer
Response to NG Alcoholics Anonymous 2012-03-13 13:14:11 Reply

tsing tsao, really?

If you're sticking to lagers, try amstel, budvar, staropramen or pilsner urqvell, they're all fairly easy to find and nice. Or go out for a curry so you can get a kingfisher or a cobra.

BBS Signature
DannyIsOnFire
DannyIsOnFire
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 21
Movie Buff
Response to NG Alcoholics Anonymous 2012-03-13 14:53:31 Reply

At 1 hour ago, BananaBreadMuffin wrote: amstel

Not bad if I remember rightly. Think I had a couple at Nando's once.

budvar

Overpriced Budweiser, nothing special at all.

staropramen or pilsner urqvell

Haven't heard of either of them.

kingfisher

Lovely beer, if it's the one I'm thinking of.

cobra

Now were talking, beautiful! And yes, perfect with curry for some reason :/

BBS Signature
Dean
Dean
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 46
Gamer
Response to NG Alcoholics Anonymous 2012-03-13 16:03:42 Reply

At 3 hours ago, DannyIsOnFire wrote: Working. Gutted :(

Damn. I'm not sure what to make of a night out in town on St. Patrick's Day though. I don't think I've ever bothered before. First off, as a Guinness drinker I'm worried about the cost. I'm assuming they're going to increase the price of Guinness seeing as I think a lot more people will be drinking it just because it's Irish. Secondly, I can envision the pubs being packed, which is something I hate. The Harrow and The Glue Pot are usually busy enough as it is, so I reckon I might have to give them a miss. Shame though because I generally prefer hanging out in the "rougher" pubs. They have a better atmosphere.

Going to the pub tonight but I'll only be able to have a few because I'm watching the Liverpool/Everton match and I've gotta do a live commentary so... I don't want it to start becoming illegible towards the ninety minute mark :P

Out of curiosity, who do you do a live commentary for?

BBS Signature
BananaBreadMuffin
BananaBreadMuffin
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 41
Programmer
Response to NG Alcoholics Anonymous 2012-03-13 17:47:14 Reply

At 2 hours ago, DannyIsOnFire wrote:
At 1 hour ago, BananaBreadMuffin wrote: staropramen or pilsner urqvell
Haven't heard of either of them.

That's a shame, they're a couple of czech beers and probably my favourites out of the ones I posted. Pilsner you'll be lucky to find in a pub, maybe in sainsburys though. Staropramen seems to be reasonably popular on tap these days as an expensive price-range beer to compete with peroni/grolsch/san mig

BBS Signature
DannyIsOnFire
DannyIsOnFire
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 21
Movie Buff
Response to NG Alcoholics Anonymous 2012-03-13 18:29:07 Reply

At 2 hours ago, Dean wrote: Out of curiosity, who do you do a live commentary for?

Sports Journalism module on my university course. For anyone interested, the story pretty much wrote itself. David Moyes (Everton manager) celebrated ten years in charge this week. Steven Gerard (at Liverpool for XX? amount of years) scored a hatrick. 3-0 Liverpool.

At 40 minutes ago, BananaBreadMuffin wrote: That's a shame, they're a couple of czech beers and probably my favourites out of the ones I posted. Pilsner you'll be lucky to find in a pub, maybe in sainsburys though. Staropramen seems to be reasonably popular on tap these days as an expensive price-range beer to compete with peroni/grolsch/san mig

I'll keep an eye out for them in the future.

BBS Signature
Dromedary
Dromedary
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 26
Melancholy
Response to NG Alcoholics Anonymous 2012-03-13 22:37:31 Reply

At 9 hours ago, BananaBreadMuffin wrote: tsing tsao, really?

tsing tsao is great!

If you're sticking to lagers, try

oh, i'm not sticking to lager, i just didn't have any ale or anything in the night that i started.

amstel, budvar, staropramen or pilsner urqvell, they're all fairly easy to find and nice. Or go out for a curry so you can get a kingfisher or a cobra.

i've tried all of those, bar staropramen and pilsner, but i can't remember enough about them to even write a sentence about them. i'll keep an eye out for staropramen and pilsner though.

MrPercie on Dromedary: "smug santa claus face, bringing nicieties to those he likes but shite to those he hates - which is everyone"

Sig by this dude

BBS Signature
Luis
Luis
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Melancholy
Response to NG Alcoholics Anonymous 2012-03-14 10:26:25 Reply

At 2 hours ago, Ejit wrote: I really like Leffe, bruin or blonde. Nicest beer I've found I can buy in Asda anyway.

really? Leffe is so tough to drink

None

Dean
Dean
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 46
Gamer
Response to NG Alcoholics Anonymous 2012-03-14 12:05:59 Reply

At 1 hour ago, Luis wrote:
At 2 hours ago, Ejit wrote: I really like Leffe, bruin or blonde. Nicest beer I've found I can buy in Asda anyway.
really? Leffe is so tough to drink

Luis is more of a Hobgoblin kinda guy.

BBS Signature