00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

mariobros22 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

NG Alcoholics Anonymous

228,413 Views | 2,370 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to NG Alcoholics Anonymous 2011-03-26 23:07:25

i have SO MUCH WORK TO DO IN 3RD YEAR OH GOD

1st and 2nd were a giggle thoguh. esp summer term of 1st year, was at the pub more nights than i wasnt (no joke)

BBS Signature

Response to NG Alcoholics Anonymous 2011-03-26 23:14:49

At 3/26/11 11:07 PM, BananaBreadMuffin wrote: i have SO MUCH WORK TO DO IN 3RD YEAR OH GOD

I'm just happy I've got no exams this year. 26,000 words of coursework though (including my dissertation), but exams are generally the shittest part because there's always the possibility that it'll go tits up.

1st and 2nd were a giggle thoguh. esp summer term of 1st year, was at the pub more nights than i wasnt (no joke)

First year was a joke. My first year grades don't even count towards my final degree mark so it literally didn't matter what I did as long as I got passing grades. Better times.

BBS Signature

Response to NG Alcoholics Anonymous 2011-03-26 23:57:16

At 3/25/11 10:55 PM, Prinzy2 wrote: Bombay is my favorite gin so far. I haven't really had any variety of gin though. Bombay, Tanquray, Gilbeys, and Beefeater are the only ones I've tried.

I've tried Beefeater before and I didn't like it at all, I felt like I was drinking Pine-sol. Maybe it's just because I've only drank gin straight. I'm relatively new to gin, would you guys recommend mixing gin with something or drinking it with some type of chaser? Also, is Bombay better straight up than other gin is?

BBS Signature

Response to NG Alcoholics Anonymous 2011-03-27 00:44:28

Gin is, in my opinion, one of the most disgusting spirits to drink straight. Tonic water is one of the most disgusting mixers to drink on its own.

However, together, they become absolutely divine. Gin + Tonic (A good brand of tonic is a must, schweppes or similar), a bit of ice, a slice of lime. Depending on how long I plan on drinking for that time, I'll mix anywhere betwen 50/50 gin + tonic to something like 25/75. Normally about 33/66 I think.

Also I'm also not a fan of beefeaters. Only had it once quite a while ago but didn't really like it. Tanqueray I have no complaints about in terms of taste, but the one time I've had it I had the best part of a bottle and threw up everywhere so haven't rushed back to it. Bombay Sapphire is, like I said, amazing, but normally I just have Gordons.

Also on the subject of Gin, I had my first Martini last weekend, and was very surprised at quite how palatable it was. I'm hardly a fortified wine fan, but it was quite tasty, and not the kick up the arse I was expecting from it. Would drink again.

BBS Signature

Response to NG Alcoholics Anonymous 2011-03-27 03:06:01

At 3/27/11 12:44 AM, BananaBreadMuffin wrote: Gin is, in my opinion, one of the most disgusting spirits to drink straight.

This is most likely where I went wrong. I should probably stay away from gin without something to mix with it, such as tonic. Although, I'm sure that won't stop me from at least trying Bombay gin straight, just to get an idea of what it's like.

BBS Signature

Response to NG Alcoholics Anonymous 2011-03-27 19:54:19

Beefeater hate?! No... nononono... no.

I do agree drinking gin straight is fucking disgusting, though.

Response to NG Alcoholics Anonymous 2011-03-27 21:36:34

At 3/27/11 12:44 AM, BananaBreadMuffin wrote: Also on the subject of Gin, I had my first Martini last weekend, and was very surprised at quite how palatable it was. I'm hardly a fortified wine fan, but it was quite tasty, and not the kick up the arse I was expecting from it. Would drink again.

I like a good dry martini. In fact, I may have come up with the perfect formula. You pour six jiggers of gin, and drink it while looking at a picture of Albert Schweitzer the inventor of vermouth.

Actually I hate the dry white vermouth, it's really the only alcohol that I will abstain from even though I'll have nothing else to drink. I wouldn't mind trying a Vespa though, of course I'll need to be on a secret mission for the MI6. Instead of a dry vermouth, it has a sweet white vermouth, so if it tastes anything like sweet red vermouth it sounds delicious.

BBS Signature

Response to NG Alcoholics Anonymous 2011-03-29 05:51:15

I've not consumed an alcoholic beverage for... weeks! I didn't even have a drink on St. Patrick's Day. It's starting to feel like I'm letting Scotland down.

BBS Moderator - Feel free to send me a PM if you have a problem!

BBS Signature

Response to NG Alcoholics Anonymous 2011-03-29 07:35:27

speaking of gin, ive been wanting to try Hendricks. I found it too expensive to invest in a spirit thats not high on my favorites list.

None

BBS Signature

Response to NG Alcoholics Anonymous 2011-03-29 09:53:14

At 3/29/11 05:51 AM, Dean wrote: I've not consumed an alcoholic beverage for... weeks! I didn't even have a drink on St. Patrick's Day. It's starting to feel like I'm letting Scotland down.

I hear ya man...legit haven't gone out drinking in months. Major factor: money.

Response to NG Alcoholics Anonymous 2011-03-29 14:11:11

At 3/29/11 09:53 AM, UnknownFear wrote: I hear ya man...legit haven't gone out drinking in months. Major factor: money.

Exactly. If I was less lazy I'd have a part time job and be out far more often, but I spend so much time on campus that a job would leave me with very little free time. Maybe I'll make an effort to find some kind of work over the summer. Chances are I wont though.

BBS Moderator - Feel free to send me a PM if you have a problem!

BBS Signature

Response to NG Alcoholics Anonymous 2011-03-29 21:19:32

At 3/29/11 02:11 PM, Dean wrote: Exactly. If I was less lazy I'd have a part time job and be out far more often, but I spend so much time on campus that a job would leave me with very little free time. Maybe I'll make an effort to find some kind of work over the summer. Chances are I wont though.

Summer is practically the only time I can work to be honest. I have a full summer job waiting for me so I'm pretty good.

Response to NG Alcoholics Anonymous 2011-03-29 23:17:33

Made my parents a Japanese Slipper. Equal parts Midori, Cointreau, and lemon juice. It's basically the same format you'd use for a Gimlet or Margarita, which are both sinfully delicious on a hot summer's afternoon.

Since my uncle is coming back from three months of sailing in the Caribbean I'll be making some festive Margaritas. Don Julio tequila, Cointreau, agave nectar, and lime juice. Combine and you have yourself one mean margarita.

BBS Signature

Response to NG Alcoholics Anonymous 2011-03-30 07:51:37

I'm far too lazy to mix cocktails these days, but that margarita sounds pretty tasty. If I had the time / motivation / money then I might try something more adventurous than straight whiskey or beer... but alas, I do not :(

BBS Signature

Response to NG Alcoholics Anonymous 2011-03-30 08:58:46

Yeah cocktails can be a real pain in the ass sometimes. I can remember having to make margaritas by squeezing the limes with my hand instead of a citrus press. Took 5 times longer and I had to use twice the limes, not to mention my hand was sore from all that squeezing.

But now I have my citrus press, and all is right in the world.

BBS Signature

Response to NG Alcoholics Anonymous 2011-04-10 19:43:38

Bought me some Blanton's bourbon the other day. The bottle is cool but it was definitely a waste of good money. I could have bought two bottles of Woodfords for the price this stuff cost, or three bottles of Jim Beam which is exactly what it tastes like.

NG Alcoholics Anonymous

BBS Signature

Response to NG Alcoholics Anonymous 2011-04-19 17:05:00

You guys need to drunk more.
CHUG CHUG CHUG CHUG CHUG!

BBS Signature

Response to NG Alcoholics Anonymous 2011-04-19 17:38:33

my dissertation's due in in 12 hours, i am getting SO pissed then.

BBS Signature

Response to NG Alcoholics Anonymous 2011-04-19 21:04:19

largo bay spiced rum

THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST

a dollar cheaper than admiral nelsons, 10x better, tastes exactly like captain morgans. sippin on it with ice like a boss, cause i didnt bother buying soda.

Response to NG Alcoholics Anonymous 2011-04-22 17:20:49

At 4/19/11 09:04 PM, Rallard wrote: largo bay spiced rum

THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST

a dollar cheaper than admiral nelsons, 10x better, tastes exactly like captain morgans. sippin on it with ice like a boss, cause i didnt bother buying soda.

The only spiced rum I've ever had was Captain Mo's and Lamb's Black Sheep which was pretty decent.

The worst party drink ever invented has to the the REV, they're like crack when you're drunk and the next day you can't function, even if you're not hungover. They just fuck with your mind.

NG Alcoholics Anonymous

BBS Signature

Response to NG Alcoholics Anonymous 2011-04-22 19:41:51

At 4/22/11 05:20 PM, Prinzy2 wrote: The only spiced rum I've ever had was Captain Mo's and Lamb's Black Sheep which was pretty decent.

The worst party drink ever invented has to the the REV, they're like crack when you're drunk and the next day you can't function, even if you're not hungover. They just fuck with your mind.

Sounds legit to me, but we won't be seeing them in NA anytime soon thanks to the whole 4lokos fiasco. It's pretty much impossible to find any caffeine + alcohol drink in stores now, but they still serve redbulls and vodkas at bars. HERPDERP AMERICA FTW.

Friend is going on a two month house arrest starting Monday (second underage DUI at the time, like a month before his 21st bday), and I just got some cash so...

Gonna get blitzed tonight I hope.

Response to NG Alcoholics Anonymous 2011-04-22 20:21:07

At 4/22/11 07:41 PM, Rallard wrote: Sounds legit to me, but we won't be seeing them in NA anytime soon thanks to the whole 4lokos fiasco. It's pretty much impossible to find any caffeine + alcohol drink in stores now, but they still serve redbulls and vodkas at bars. HERPDERP AMERICA FTW.

We've had them in Canada for years already. I'm surprised that they aren't that popular in the US yet, it's over 10 years old and it's marketed to the rave/nightclub groups.

Wikilinkage

Gonna get blitzed tonight I hope.

Yee Haw!

BBS Signature

Response to NG Alcoholics Anonymous 2011-04-25 01:17:29

Spent nearly a hundred bucks this weekend on booze alone, but it was good shit. Got some vodka and rum to keep me company for the next few weeks as well.

Also when I was drunk some chick decked me square in the face on Friday. I don't even know why.

Response to NG Alcoholics Anonymous 2011-04-25 20:32:59

I am pretty grateful I have never become an alcoholic. All the drinks out there just make me excited to try exotic blends out there.

So much for being sober for over a month.

Without money, there is no justice.

BBS Signature

Response to NG Alcoholics Anonymous 2011-04-25 20:33:30

At 4/25/11 01:17 AM, Rallard wrote: Also when I was drunk some chick decked me square in the face on Friday. I don't even know why.

Haha, bitches are crazy when they get drunk. I also had a similar experience last weekend when I was making fun of my cousin for sitting on some dude's lap while her boyfriend was sitting right beside them.

BBS Signature

Response to NG Alcoholics Anonymous 2011-04-28 12:06:46

Spent the last week putting a ten thousand word portfolio together for a university module. Safe to say come Tuesday dinner time I'm embarking on a three day session of drink and drugs that's going to kick some ass.

My plan of action is;

Tuesday Lunch Time: Train to Newcastle accompanied by a few beers. Finishing touches to portfolio, then hand in work. SU bar for a "well done" pint.
Tuesday Afternoon: Acquire Ketamine and Cannabis for that evening.
Tuesday Evening: Head to a Tesco and pick up sixty bottles of beer for twenty five quid.
Tuesday Night: Heavy drinking, a gram of Ketamine and a few joints towards the end of the night.

Wednesday Lunch: Nearest pub for some "pick me up" lunch, along with a few pints.
Wednesday Afternoon: Back to the flat for some good old fashioned drinking and any cannabis that's left over.
Wednesday Night: Dropping acid along with two mates. Let the revelations begin!

Thursday Day: Light drinking while we recover from the acid.
Thursday Night: More good 'ol fashioned drinking, along with any drugs that happen to be leftover. Might require another trip to Tesco if the booze situation has become dire.

Friday Lunch: Return to normal life with work on the evening.

I'm literally counting down the hours!

|| Portfolio || Facebook || Twitter ||

BBS Signature

Response to NG Alcoholics Anonymous 2011-04-29 23:43:47

Sounds fucking legit, Danny. I'm envious, though I'm not a huge fan of ketamine or psychedelics personally.

As for me, it's the first weekend in a while I've been forced to stay home due to obligations, but I've got a bottle of vodka next to me so I'm good I guess.

Cheers bros.

Response to NG Alcoholics Anonymous 2011-05-07 03:46:39

Dear Newgrounds,

I miss the chat, I miss radiogrounds, I can't stand how the General Forum has become 4chan lite, and I have your awards hanging on my wall in place of any real college diploma. I only post on you while I'm drunk. Can I join your prestigious clubs?

Signed,
scottmale

And PS: I'm never going to work on Epic Quest again. Maybe something else in a similar manner, but that is if the art forum mods ever let me back there.

I used to be relevant.

Response to NG Alcoholics Anonymous 2011-05-08 09:09:40

welcome scottmale24!

just posting to say that our Beer Fest was a great success this year!

BEER BEER BEER BEER BEER BEER BEER BEER BEER BEER BEER

BBS Signature

Response to NG Alcoholics Anonymous 2011-05-08 15:11:35

Because I'm poor, and I live in an apartment with two other just-as-poor guys, our kitchen is decorated with all our empties.

Well, not all. We filled this up after two months.

NG Alcoholics Anonymous

I used to be relevant.