00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

cosoden just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

NG Alcoholics Anonymous

228,448 Views | 2,370 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to NG Alcoholics Anonymous 2010-03-28 05:07:12

At 3/28/10 12:53 AM, NEVR wrote: Drinking isn't a competition, it's a means to getting drunk.

YES IT IS. FUUUUUUCK!!! I MUST DRINK MORE!!! GIVE ME BEER NOW!!!! I'LL FUCKING SHOW YOU ALL!!! THEN YOU'LL FUCKING UNDERSTAND AND I FUCKING WI-

*passes out*

BEER BEER BEER BEER BEER BEER BEER BEER BEER BEER BEER

BBS Signature

Response to NG Alcoholics Anonymous 2010-03-28 05:49:25

At 3/28/10 05:07 AM, Casualty wrote: *passes out*

*Draws penis on cheek*

BBS Signature

Response to NG Alcoholics Anonymous 2010-03-28 06:32:46

At 3/28/10 12:00 AM, Nev wrote:
At 3/27/10 10:25 PM, BananaBreadMuffin wrote: You're missing the point casualty, it's not always about who drank the most.
Even if you did drink more, our beer is what, like 70% weaker than the stuff in Belgium...

No doubt about that, and I didn't drink more. Five pints is a regular afternoon in the pub, and then half a bottle of wine is a regular meal.

I was just making a reference to the age-old saying "Wine after beer makes you feel queer".

BBS Signature

Response to NG Alcoholics Anonymous 2010-03-28 06:36:48

haha, I know. haven't noticed that too many times though.

BBS Signature

Response to NG Alcoholics Anonymous 2010-03-28 07:37:08

At 3/28/10 06:36 AM, Casualty wrote: haha, I know. haven't noticed that too many times though.

Me neither, although I don't have wine much. Maybe it was just especially shit wine the other night then :p

BBS Signature

Response to NG Alcoholics Anonymous 2010-03-28 14:27:56

At 3/28/10 07:37 AM, BananaBreadMuffin wrote:
At 3/28/10 06:36 AM, Casualty wrote: haha, I know. haven't noticed that too many times though.
Me neither, although I don't have wine much. Maybe it was just especially shit wine the other night then :p

where i live, they call wines like that "chateau migraine"

BBS Signature

Response to NG Alcoholics Anonymous 2010-03-29 00:19:28

Tried absinthe for the first time last night. Honestly, I wish I could remember how it affected me, but somewhere along my beers and 6+ shots of vodka I forgot most of what happened. I do remember it tasted surprisingly good for 60% alcohol, however.

Spent the morning hugging my friend's toilet. Other than that, good times. :)

Response to NG Alcoholics Anonymous 2010-03-29 11:06:03

At 3/29/10 12:19 AM, Rallard wrote: Tried absinthe for the first time last night.

Absinthe BURNS.

First time I tried it I didn't realise it was Absinthe until it was too late. The dude who brought it had put it in a different bottle so that he could drink it on the train, and I figured it was just a mix of some kind... so when he offered it to me I took a pretty large gulp.

Wasn't good.

BBS Signature

Response to NG Alcoholics Anonymous 2010-03-29 11:11:05

I always wanted to try absinthe... there is an absinthe bar in brussels, might go there once.

but is it really hallucinatory? i mean, i've had shit that was 80%, along with tons of vodka and other spirits, the same night. of course I don't remember a lot, but i sure didn't hallucinate. or is it that plant-substance-thing-shit in absinthe that makes you hallucinate?

BBS Signature

Response to NG Alcoholics Anonymous 2010-03-29 11:30:39

At 3/29/10 11:11 AM, Casualty wrote: I always wanted to try absinthe... there is an absinthe bar in brussels, might go there once.

but is it really hallucinatory?

I'm pretty sure that's just an urban myth.

BBS Signature

Response to NG Alcoholics Anonymous 2010-03-29 15:10:49

At 3/29/10 11:30 AM, NEVR wrote:
At 3/29/10 11:11 AM, Casualty wrote: I always wanted to try absinthe... there is an absinthe bar in brussels, might go there once.

but is it really hallucinatory?
I'm pretty sure that's just an urban myth.

From my understanding, poorly made absinthe was the stuff that made you hallucinate, probably also makes you go blind.

A little bit of background info about distillation that I didn't know till recently. If you buy hard liquor off the shelf it's probably been distilled at least twice because the first distilled batch is thrown out. The reason being is because all the impurities are in the first batch, all the toxins, pesticides, and anything that isn't suppose to be in the final product is evaporated along with the alcohol in the first batch, and is thrown out because all that stuff is what makes you go blind. Which is also the reason moonshine has a big chance of making you go blind, because the dumbass that made it probably doesn't know the first thing about making safe hooch. The reason why Grey Goose is so much more expensive than Russian Prince is because Grey Goose is distilled somewhere around 5 times, which means it takes that much longer and more effort to make.

Which brings me to my first point why crappy absinthe is probably what makes you hallucinate, all the impurities are in the first batch.

I'm also going to be paying rent this week in beer, think they'll mind a 24 of Bud Light Lime? Cost about $45 and should last about two weeks. XD

BBS Signature

Response to NG Alcoholics Anonymous 2010-03-29 15:36:53

ive been really getting into artisan beers and such

LSD!

BBS Signature

Response to NG Alcoholics Anonymous 2010-03-29 15:41:29

At 3/29/10 03:10 PM, Prinzy2 wrote:
I'm also going to be paying rent this week in beer, think they'll mind a 24 of Bud Light Lime? Cost about $45 and should last about two weeks. XD

i hope that is a joke, bud light lime is one of the lowest rated beers in history,
and its a light beer, waste of money,
for that price you could get a 24 of heiken

LSD!

BBS Signature

Response to NG Alcoholics Anonymous 2010-03-29 16:00:01

Yeah I didn't hallucinate on the absinthe. If anything, it just felt like some really strong liquor.

Pretty sure it was good absinthe but I have no way of knowing. It did burn but not as bad as some higher proofs, though I do vaguely remember discussing how bad it burned with another dude that took the shot with me.

Anyway, my hangover didn't end yesterday so I felt a little worried, but now I realize I've got the flu. No more drinking for a few days. :(

Response to NG Alcoholics Anonymous 2010-03-29 16:03:04

At 3/29/10 04:00 PM, Rallard wrote:
Anyway, my hangover didn't end yesterday so I felt a little worried, but now I realize I've got the flu. No more drinking for a few days. :(

how do you know its the flu and not just a cold?
just drink your symtoms away, then before bed drink 3 liters of water,

LSD!

BBS Signature

Response to NG Alcoholics Anonymous 2010-03-29 17:28:13

At 3/29/10 03:10 PM, Prinzy2 wrote: a 24 of Bud Light Lime? Cost about $45

thanks for the info about absinthe, but what kind of fucking joke is the part I quoted? tell me that's a joke, please!!!

BBS Signature

Response to NG Alcoholics Anonymous 2010-03-29 20:39:48

At 3/29/10 03:41 PM, Mr-Fluffykins wrote: i hope that is a joke, bud light lime is one of the lowest rated beers in history,
and its a light beer, waste of money,
for that price you could get a 24 of heiken

Bud Light itself is the most popular beer in the world, and judging from how might Bud Light Lime we sold last summer it's up there too. Heineken is one of the worst import lagers that I've ever tried. Between that, Stella, Groslich, and Becks Heineken is my least favorite. The only one I like out of the bunch if Groslich. The only people who actually like Heineken are pretentious douchebags who think they're cool. But one good thing I'll say about it is that it's better than most American style lagers.

Picture relevant.

At 3/29/10 05:28 PM, Casualty wrote:
At 3/29/10 03:10 PM, Prinzy2 wrote: a 24 of Bud Light Lime? Cost about $45
thanks for the info about absinthe, but what kind of fucking joke is the part I quoted? tell me that's a joke, please!!!

Liquor is disgustingly expensive in Canada, I pay just over $10 for a 4pk of Boddingtons 473mL. That's including the discount I get for working at the bar.

NG Alcoholics Anonymous

BBS Signature

Response to NG Alcoholics Anonymous 2010-03-29 21:16:51

Lol Heineken = pretencious.

Metal Hell ## Guitarists ## Stand Up Comedy

PSN: Look-a-Hill

Somewhere Over the Rainbow

BBS Signature

Response to NG Alcoholics Anonymous 2010-03-30 01:36:48

Yeah bud light is the worlds top selling beer (although i think tsingtao might have passed it by now)
just because its the most popular beer doesn't make it good, actually quite the opisite most of the time
although tsingtao is good

i only sugested hienken for something equally as popular, but better tasting, and not a light beer, although i do prefer beck, and stella to them, personally if i go for a beer id go artisan quebec brewerys (unibroue, deui de ciel, st ambroise) , creemore for ontario,

then theres trapist beers, chimay red is really good,

none of theese beers are big, most aren't produced in mass production, except st ambroise,

creemore is catching on too,

then theres good ol' Erdinger

LSD!

BBS Signature

Response to NG Alcoholics Anonymous 2010-03-30 01:40:54

i must add, heinken is a great beer for drinking high, as oposed to other beers which don't taste as good high

LSD!

BBS Signature

Response to NG Alcoholics Anonymous 2010-03-30 01:58:58

why the hell would you drink when you're high that's dumb

BBS Signature

Response to NG Alcoholics Anonymous 2010-03-30 02:03:58

At 3/30/10 01:36 AM, Mr-Fluffykins wrote: Yeah bud light is the worlds top selling beer
bud light is the worlds top selling
bud light
top selling

*ULTRA FACEPALM* what has become of the world... some shitty light beer on top...

then theres trapist beers, chimay red is really good

may we note that there are only 7 trappist beers in the world, of which 6 are produced in belgium (chimay, orval, westvleteren, westmalle, and rochefort of the top of my head) and one in the netherlands (achel, i think)

BBS Signature

Response to NG Alcoholics Anonymous 2010-03-30 16:51:16

I never could understand why people have some sort of vendetta against light beers. The only reason I ever hear is because of the low alcohol content, which is ironic because I don't see these people that cheap 11% malt liquor that you can by 1.14L of for $5 (Again, Canada is disgustingly expensive, so here that price is dirt cheap). Another reason is because of the taste, which in all honesty there isn't a lot of flavor to be complained about. Budweiser, Canadian, Kokanee, Coors, Miller, and pretty much every other American style lager doesn't have a lot of taste to begin with, when you make a light beer out of it, it mellows that clash of carbonation and bitter taste, which is why I prefer a light beer in 30*C sun when I'm relaxing on the deck. Rich beers like Stouts and Dark Ales don't really sit well with me in hot weather like that, I want something ice cold that just tickles my taste buds, which is why I'll pick up a 12 pack of MGD or Bud Light.

BBS Signature

Response to NG Alcoholics Anonymous 2010-03-30 17:15:27

At 3/30/10 01:58 AM, SapphireLight wrote: why the hell would you drink when you're high that's dumb

how is it dumb?

LSD!

BBS Signature

Response to NG Alcoholics Anonymous 2010-03-31 19:03:49

today, i traded by belgian grimbergen beer for a guinness from nathen maxwell (he's the bassist for flogging molly). he gave a concert here with another band of his and when i asked him for guinness, he gave me his! woohoo! so i gave him my beer in return, it's only fair.

BBS Signature

Response to NG Alcoholics Anonymous 2010-04-01 20:27:00

Kevin Bacon flavored vodka.

NG Alcoholics Anonymous

BBS Signature

Response to NG Alcoholics Anonymous 2010-04-02 01:49:30

At 3/29/10 08:39 PM, Prinzy2 wrote: Picture relevant.

Heineken sucks. Brew Your Own Beer (byob).

Response to NG Alcoholics Anonymous 2010-04-02 01:59:45

At 3/29/10 08:39 PM, Prinzy2 wrote: Liquor is disgustingly expensive in Canada, I pay just over $10 for a 4pk of Boddingtons 473mL. That's including the discount I get for working at the bar.

Even though Boddingtons is good, that is really expensive. I pay under 10 for a 6 pack of Guiness.

You get about 1700 millileter for what I get 2100 millileterers. Around the same price. Damn, discounts aren't so great these days after all.

However, in central Massachusetts, if you brew a 5 gallon batch, I costs 50 dollars for ingredients such as grain, hops, yeast (not including pots, carboys, energy, utensils etc.). With that initial investment out of the way and the fun time you have brewing, you get about 3500 millileters per $10. That is over twice what you pay for Boddingtons, and you can choose, alter, or design your own brew.

LET THE BREWING BEGIN!!!

Response to NG Alcoholics Anonymous 2010-04-02 08:28:33

At 3/29/10 03:41 PM, Mr-Fluffykins wrote: i hope that is a joke, bud light lime is one of the lowest rated beers in history,
and its a light beer, waste of money.

I'll admit, I used to drink it quite a bit, but now I'm drinking more Coors Light. Light beer, but better than Bud Light Lime.

Response to NG Alcoholics Anonymous 2010-04-02 13:31:25

Something is making me sick in mornings even though I've not drank much the night before.
I'm going to blame it on Strongbow.

Metal Hell ## Guitarists ## Stand Up Comedy

PSN: Look-a-Hill

Somewhere Over the Rainbow

BBS Signature