New Topic Respond to this Topic
BananaBreadMuffin
BananaBreadMuffin
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 41
Programmer
Response to NG Alcoholics Anonymous 2009-10-31 08:39:21 Reply

You still not on chip & pin over there? It's the way forwards.

BBS Signature
Prinzy2
Prinzy2
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 15
Melancholy
Response to NG Alcoholics Anonymous 2009-11-02 14:25:39 Reply

At 10/31/09 08:39 AM, BananaBreadMuffin wrote: You still not on .chip & pin over there? It's the way forwards.

Lol, most people still have the old swipe and sign or debit. I wish they'd switch over, it would sure save me the headache of looking for pens. >:(

Judging from the lack of activity the last couple days, I imagine everybody had a happy happy Halloween. Hope you didn't feel too ghastly the next morning.

Sig by triplenoob

BBS Signature
Casualty
Casualty
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 35
Musician
Response to NG Alcoholics Anonymous 2009-11-09 07:22:15 Reply

I would love to try absinthe one of the days! Share experience/thoughts?

DizzeeRascal
DizzeeRascal
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Blank Slate
Response to NG Alcoholics Anonymous 2009-11-09 13:27:47 Reply

At 11/9/09 07:22 AM, Casualty wrote: I would love to try absinthe one of the days! Share experience/thoughts?

Tried it when I was 16. It is absolutely foul. You're meant to drink a bottle cap's worth, mixed in a pint of sugar water. I had a straight shot as its normally served now. Definitely a bad idea. Honestly, just stay away from the stuff.

he's jus' a rascal...

Casualty
Casualty
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 35
Musician
Response to NG Alcoholics Anonymous 2009-11-09 13:31:52 Reply

At 11/9/09 01:27 PM, DizzeeRascal wrote: Tried it when I was 16. It is absolutely foul. You're meant to drink a bottle cap's worth, mixed in a pint of sugar water. I had a straight shot as its normally served now. Definitely a bad idea. Honestly, just stay away from the stuff.

Thanks for the advice, I won't stay away from it.

DizzeeRascal
DizzeeRascal
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Blank Slate
Response to NG Alcoholics Anonymous 2009-11-09 14:34:36 Reply

Do so at your own risk. I guess it's something all people should do once just so they can say they tried it. Honestly though, there's strong and there's strong. This stuff isn't a drink. It's poison.

he's jus' a rascal...

Casualty
Casualty
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 35
Musician
Response to NG Alcoholics Anonymous 2009-11-13 04:59:34 Reply

Had some Goldstrike yesterday. Not too shabby...

Neverlight
Neverlight
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 08
Blank Slate
Response to NG Alcoholics Anonymous 2009-11-13 05:19:35 Reply

Absinth is just fine, tastes like shit (well pure it does) and get you fucked up real good if you drink half the bottle as i did on a school trip to Rome, Just don't mix it with to much other alcohol cause that's when it goes bad xD

Try it, you might like it, but don't think so just for getting drunk fast..

oh and don't go drinking half liters right away, friend of mine had to go to hospital to get his stomach pumped out xD so he only drinks quarters now

Prinzy2
Prinzy2
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 15
Melancholy
Response to NG Alcoholics Anonymous 2009-11-14 07:54:43 Reply

Guy gave me $100 for three drinks, three sandwiches, and three bags of chips after hours, which ended working out to a $70 dollar tip. Kind of backfired though, the dudes ended up staying till 3 and almost got into a fight with the bouncers, one of the bouncers asked me if I served the guy and my mistake was telling him the truth lol. The big baby started bitching to everybody else, not that they care, they would have done the same thing I did minus telling the bouncer that they served the guy.

Got a little bit of advice from my boss and co-workers, don't tell the bouncers lol. Either way, I learned something today.

Sig by triplenoob

BBS Signature
Casualty
Casualty
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 35
Musician
Response to NG Alcoholics Anonymous 2009-11-15 07:18:27 Reply

At 11/14/09 07:54 AM, Prinzy2 wrote: Guy gave me $100 for three drinks, three sandwiches, and three bags of chips after hours, which ended working out to a $70 dollar tip.

That means 3 drinks, 3 sandwiches and 3 bags of chips cost $30? What a rip-off...

Prinzy2
Prinzy2
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 15
Melancholy
Response to NG Alcoholics Anonymous 2009-11-15 10:11:10 Reply

At 11/15/09 07:18 AM, Casualty wrote:
At 11/14/09 07:54 AM, Prinzy2 wrote: Guy gave me $100 for three drinks, three sandwiches, and three bags of chips after hours, which ended working out to a $70 dollar tip.
That means 3 drinks, 3 sandwiches and 3 bags of chips cost $30? What a rip-off...

$4.50 per drink = $13.50
$5.00 per sandwich = $15
$1.25 per bag of chip = $3.75

Total is $32.25?

It's a bar after all, the drinks are expensive, the sandwiches are really big and pretty good. We actually have the cheapest drinks in town as far as bars go.

Sig by triplenoob

BBS Signature
Casualty
Casualty
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 35
Musician
Response to NG Alcoholics Anonymous 2009-11-15 14:08:25 Reply

At 11/15/09 10:11 AM, Prinzy2 wrote:
At 11/15/09 07:18 AM, Casualty wrote:
$4.50 per drink = $13.50
$5.00 per sandwich = $15
$1.25 per bag of chip = $3.75

Total is $32.25?

It's a bar after all, the drinks are expensive, the sandwiches are really big and pretty good. We actually have the cheapest drinks in town as far as bars go.

$4.50 per drink, that IS expensive, wouldn't wanna live in your town :P

Also I came back from the pub where I learned I had EU32 on my tab, just from yesterday... And here, beers aren't $4.50, but EU1.50 :P Uh, fuck.

DizzeeRascal
DizzeeRascal
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Blank Slate
Response to NG Alcoholics Anonymous 2009-11-15 17:41:40 Reply

$4.50 isn't that expensive, at least not compared to where I live - London. Also, now with the Euro being so strong, it's probably not much more than 3EU.

he's jus' a rascal...

Casualty
Casualty
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 35
Musician
Response to NG Alcoholics Anonymous 2009-11-16 08:31:12 Reply

Here, at festivals, they dare to ask EU2.50 for a simple beer. While the purchase prize must be around EU0.35 for them.

DannyIsOnFire
DannyIsOnFire
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 21
Movie Buff
Response to NG Alcoholics Anonymous 2009-11-16 11:21:19 Reply

Long time no see, been at Uni for two months now so I've been away from Newgrounds for a while. On the subject of absinthe I did far too much of it on a night out a few weeks back, mixed in with double vodka red bulls and drinks before hand I blew £130 and lost my leather jacket and zippo. Fun night though...

|| Portfolio || Facebook || Twitter ||

BBS Signature
BananaBreadMuffin
BananaBreadMuffin
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 41
Programmer
Response to NG Alcoholics Anonymous 2009-11-17 07:12:08 Reply

At festivals here you pay £3.50 (~4 euros) for beer. D:

BBS Signature
Prinzy2
Prinzy2
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 15
Melancholy
Response to NG Alcoholics Anonymous 2009-11-17 17:01:51 Reply

At 11/15/09 02:08 PM, Casualty wrote: $4.50 per drink, that IS expensive, wouldn't wanna live in your town :P

I recommend gambling if you go to Vegas.

Had a pretty good time Sunday night, me and the waitress were shooting tequila, then our only customer bought us a couple rounds, and me and the other bartender were chugging Revs. Things are starting to pick up too which is nice. Made $200 on the weekend after paying my $60 tabs lmao. I had the funniest thing happen to me on Saturday, some chick who's friends with a friend of my cousin ducked under the bar and started dirty dancing with me (I couldn't dance to save my life, it's a condition I call being white lmao, but I played along) and she took the pop gun and started shooting water all over the front of her white shirt :D Had to go in the back to "readjust". Hopefully we start getting some $300 weekends soon, when I first started working there we were getting almost $200 a night then summer came and everything died down :(

Sig by triplenoob

BBS Signature
Casualty
Casualty
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 35
Musician
Response to NG Alcoholics Anonymous 2009-11-20 05:39:17 Reply

Duvel for 1 euro yesterday! Needless to say I was fucked.

NG Alcoholics Anonymous

Prinzy2
Prinzy2
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 15
Melancholy
Response to NG Alcoholics Anonymous 2009-11-20 14:35:24 Reply

At 11/20/09 05:39 AM, Casualty wrote: Duvel for 1 euro yesterday! Needless to say I was fucked.

Lol, I certainly hoped you tipped your server well, most people tend to pocket the change if it works out to a nice even number like that....bastards.

My boss is going to be opening "Kyle's Korner" tonight, basically just means he's going to be working the far well, which could be good or bad depending on the type of customers we get. Generally all the Colombians crowd the far end of the bar and watch people dance, don't even tip the 25 cents change they get back and they whistle, wave, and holler and wonder why we don't serve them when it's busy. Hopefully it's more a sign that things are going to get stupidly busy though, I could go for some $200 nights, took a look at my bank account and I've managed to spend almost $500 in two weeks, which is shocking because I can only account for maybe $300, which means the rest has been spent on booze. Finished a bottle of Jim Beam in three days too, thank god it's cheap lmao. I also managed to get my hands on a bottle of the Three Olives "Root Beer" vodka and came to a realization, root beer is basically a licorice flavor with a little bit of other crap in the mix.

Anyways, tonight should be a good night, the only bartender that nobody seems to like isn't working so if it's busy and we all bust our asses, we'll make good money especially since there will one bartender basically stationed at the front the whole time. That leaves one person to do offsales, one to do all the waitresses (pun intended), and another person to deal with the other half of the bar.

Now I'm off to do laundry and get another 5 hours sleep.

Sig by triplenoob

BBS Signature
FurryFox
FurryFox
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 26
Gamer
Response to NG Alcoholics Anonymous 2009-11-20 14:45:20 Reply

So last night I buy a $1 scratch ticket and end up winning $50. I decided to drink it all away and when I got to the bar they had a drink special on all drinks at half price. Each cost $1.25. Best drinking night in a long time.

Dannyboi93
Dannyboi93
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 06
Blank Slate
Response to NG Alcoholics Anonymous 2009-11-20 16:35:20 Reply

It's all about getting yaself a tenner, then going out and getting yaself a crate!

Atleast the recession hasn't hit here!

NG Alcoholics Anonymous

Casualty
Casualty
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 35
Musician
Response to NG Alcoholics Anonymous 2009-11-20 17:36:49 Reply

At 11/20/09 02:35 PM, Prinzy2 wrote:
At 11/20/09 05:39 AM, Casualty wrote: Duvel for 1 euro yesterday! Needless to say I was fucked.
Lol, I certainly hoped you tipped your server well, most people tend to pocket the change if it works out to a nice even number like that....bastards.

I didn't. I was there with a friend, and the night was organized by some faggot student club. Last time, I wasn't allowed to participate in a "beer king" contest because I wasn't registered yet (even though I would have been the week after). I was allowed to watch, and I can say I'd easily have won the competition (there were only 8 losers participating).

So anyway, yesterday I went there with a friend and got into trouble with the guys from the student club, things got ugly and they "fought us out". But we were drunk enough (to get to the next pub) so it's okay.

At 11/20/09 04:35 PM, Dannyboi93 wrote: It's all about getting yaself a tenner, then going out and getting yaself a crate!

Atleast the recession hasn't hit here!

Iz dat sum Belgian beer.

BananaBreadMuffin
BananaBreadMuffin
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 41
Programmer
Response to NG Alcoholics Anonymous 2009-11-20 18:24:50 Reply

Tipping isn't nearly as big in europe as it is stateside. Especially not with drinks. With a meal, you'll add 10% or so to the bill, but apart from that there's very little by way of tipping.

BBS Signature
Prinzy2
Prinzy2
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 15
Melancholy
Response to NG Alcoholics Anonymous 2009-11-20 21:45:44 Reply

At 11/20/09 06:24 PM, BananaBreadMuffin wrote: Tipping isn't nearly as big in europe as it is stateside. Especially not with drinks. With a meal, you'll add 10% or so to the bill, but apart from that there's very little by way of tipping.

Well that sucks, but the wages must be a lot better than over here. For the most part bartenders and waitresses make minimum wage and rely on their tips as their main source of income, which actually works pretty well since we only have to pay 10% income tax in tips compared to 30% on a regular wage. It's nice when it's busy, my personal record is $260 which was during rodeo, made almost $700 in three days lol. It really sucks when we don't get anybody though, my low on a weekend night was like $20, good thing I have a boss who actually gives a crap about his employees and pays a decent wage (for our profession at least).

Sig by triplenoob

BBS Signature
yodd
yodd
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 16
Blank Slate
Response to NG Alcoholics Anonymous 2009-11-20 23:18:41 Reply

Sambuca and guiness. If i had those two and a nice fatty, every day, i'd be set for life.

I'm in.

I still haven't forgiven the asians for pearl harbor.

Casualty
Casualty
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 35
Musician
Response to NG Alcoholics Anonymous 2009-11-21 03:25:19 Reply

At 11/20/09 11:18 PM, yodd wrote: Sambuca and guiness. If i had those two and a nice fatty, every day, i'd be set for life.

I'm in.

Indeed, if you had Guinness every day, you would most likely become a fatty. One bottle of Guinness Special Export (special Guinness of 8%ABV brewed for Belgium and Holland) contains over 800 calories, I once read on the bottle. That's like, almost a whole meal?

Anyway welcome to the club :D

Prinzy2
Prinzy2
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 15
Melancholy
Response to NG Alcoholics Anonymous 2009-11-21 09:25:27 Reply

At 11/21/09 03:25 AM, Casualty wrote:
At 11/20/09 11:18 PM, yodd wrote: Sambuca and guiness. If i had those two and a nice fatty, every day, i'd be set for life.

I'm in.

Who wouldn't be set for life? I'd switch the Sambuca for Bourbon though, which ironically almost made 5 people puke tonight...pussies.

Indeed, if you had Guinness every day, you would most likely become a fatty. One bottle of Guinness Special Export (special Guinness of 8%ABV brewed for Belgium and Holland) contains over 800 calories, I once read on the bottle. That's like, almost a whole meal?

Anyway welcome to the club :D

That reminds me of what my supervisor said about our deep fried wings, 200 calories a piece and there's about 10-12 wings per pound. I love the salt and pepper wings, but one of the waitresses picks away at any vegetarian thing I can deep fry. God help me I like the attention and she has huge tits, fake, but huge :P. I've also learned that I'm a cheese fiend, Mozza sticks, cheese toast, grilled cheese sandwich, I wonder if it's my body telling me something.

Sig by triplenoob

BBS Signature
yodd
yodd
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 16
Blank Slate
Response to NG Alcoholics Anonymous 2009-11-21 13:44:36 Reply

At 11/21/09 03:25 AM, Casualty wrote: Anyway welcome to the club :D

In your signature do you have a "Kwak" glass. The wooden stand with the glass type thing. Belgian beer glass. Anyways, when I was in Belgium over a year ago, I went into a store called "Beer Mania" which had over 400 types of Belgian beer, and you got to choose which one you want, and sit down in a back room where they put it in the beer glass.

I bought a Kwak glass because I thought it was totally awesome, but had about half a year later Wal-Mart had similar glasses, I think I started the trend haha. Pretty sure if I was living in Belgium i'd be a raging alcoholic.

I love it.

yodd
yodd
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 16
Blank Slate
Response to NG Alcoholics Anonymous 2009-11-21 16:09:48 Reply

Haha, you are from Belgium. Lucky! Although you Have Duvel on your page and I remember not being terribly fond of it.

DannyIsOnFire
DannyIsOnFire
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 21
Movie Buff
Response to NG Alcoholics Anonymous 2009-11-21 18:51:01 Reply

I had ten pints and three or four shots yesterday and wasn't even slightly drunk. It's getting more and more expensive these days for me unfortunately. Gonna try and lay off for a week to see if it dies back down a little.

|| Portfolio || Facebook || Twitter ||

BBS Signature