00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Allthingz2020 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Official E3 2008 Discussion Thread.

23,324 Views | 594 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Official E3 2008 Discussion Thread. 2008-07-16 20:07:41

At 7/16/08 08:05 PM, Black-Flame wrote: So, if anyone is still watching E3, they'd have noticed that a new Xbox game was supposed to announced today. Many people thought it was gonna be the new Bungie game. It wasn't.

IT WAS A FUCKING NARUTO GAME! FUCK!

Fuck. I'm watching it recorded so I was behind and was still hoping for bungie >_>

You should totally add me on one of my various game accounts:

360 - Malachi117. Steam - Malachi117. PS3/PS4 - NarcolepticCat.

Response to Official E3 2008 Discussion Thread. 2008-07-16 20:13:18

At 7/16/08 07:35 PM, SlipperyMooseCakes wrote: You know once you hit 10,000 posts you get to view the regulars lounge. Look forward to seeing you there. =)

Oh Pat, don't even spread those lies. Such a thing doesn't exist.

Sig by THEJamoke Contributor to PONIES: The Anthology 2 and Anthology 3 Go watch them now!

BBS Signature

Response to Official E3 2008 Discussion Thread. 2008-07-16 20:18:32

At 7/16/08 08:03 PM, Deadly-Shadow wrote:
At 7/16/08 06:33 PM, SlipperyMooseCakes wrote: Yeah man I've been saying it all along. It wasn't like Nintendo didn't have any games to show, they just didn't show them. They're only interested in the extreme mainstream sell out of this Wii*whatever* thing.
I really don't understand that though, only hard-core gamers watch the press conferences, so you would think that they'd show only hard-core games. Instead they show off all of their casual games to people who wont care about them.

Nah, even though every slightly hardcore gamers will get the news either by word of mouth or somewhere floating about on the net. It just kinda spreads amongst gamers in general. Deadly-shadow is right though i was surprised they didnt focus on more on Madworld, which looks like a really promising game. Especially a good change for people with Wiis who are getting bored of gimmicks and old franchises.

I fucking hate euphemism.

BBS Signature

Response to Official E3 2008 Discussion Thread. 2008-07-16 20:20:15

At 7/16/08 08:13 PM, 36Holla wrote:
At 7/16/08 07:35 PM, SlipperyMooseCakes wrote: You know once you hit 10,000 posts you get to view the regulars lounge. Look forward to seeing you there. =)

SAYS THE 7800

http://www.newgrounds.com/bbs/topic /777777

http://metaldart.webs.com/ My freewebs website. Check it out dog.

My old NG profile ID: 1321019

BBS Signature

Response to Official E3 2008 Discussion Thread. 2008-07-16 20:31:49

At 7/16/08 08:13 PM, 36Holla wrote:

You wouldn't know, would you.

Response to Official E3 2008 Discussion Thread. 2008-07-16 21:32:16

Nintendo Developer Roundtable Live (Blog)

So far they said that you can move your characters from the DS version of Animal Crossin into the Wii version.

This updates live, so there will be more info soon.

BBS Signature

Response to Official E3 2008 Discussion Thread. 2008-07-16 21:32:23

At 7/16/08 08:31 PM, SlipperyMooseCakes wrote:

I do know. You're me.

Sig by THEJamoke Contributor to PONIES: The Anthology 2 and Anthology 3 Go watch them now!

BBS Signature

Response to Official E3 2008 Discussion Thread. 2008-07-16 21:39:34

At 7/16/08 09:32 PM, 36Holla wrote:
At 7/16/08 08:31 PM, SlipperyMooseCakes wrote:
I do know. You're me.

I am you but you are me. So ok.

Response to Official E3 2008 Discussion Thread. 2008-07-16 22:09:45

Fuck yes. So I did some digging around and apparently the Bungie game (and another big game) were left out of the E3 show because basically they needed to cut time dramatically and didn't want to rush introduction of the new games.

http://gamerush.zoomshare.com/files/news /002614_Halo_pulled_in_favor_of_more_ded icated_event_.htm

"We felt we could do this game more justice with a more dedicated event."

"Two big kahunas were left out of the show, and we were still able to deliver a strong performance," he said.

Response to Official E3 2008 Discussion Thread. 2008-07-16 22:11:26

At 7/16/08 09:32 PM, Deadly-Shadow wrote: Nintendo Developer Roundtable Live (Blog)

So far all they've talked about is Wii Sports Resort and Wii Music. They mentioned the possibilty that they may adventually release a Wii Remote with the Wii MotionPlus technology already built in.

BBS Signature

Response to Official E3 2008 Discussion Thread. 2008-07-16 22:37:18

What the Hell? Is it me or did Gamespot live didn't show Left 4 Dead?

Please, ignore my typos in my posts because I don't feel like double posting to "correct it".

Got 5 to 10 minutes to waste? Drawing N' stuff.

BBS Signature

Response to Official E3 2008 Discussion Thread. 2008-07-16 22:38:56

He adds, "We're making Pikmin."

aquaticmole.

BBS Signature

Response to Official E3 2008 Discussion Thread. 2008-07-16 22:41:30

At 7/16/08 10:38 PM, aquaticmole wrote: He adds, "We're making Pikmin."

Damn, I was just about to post that!

Anyway, I'm glad that they're going to make a sequel!

BBS Signature

Response to Official E3 2008 Discussion Thread. 2008-07-16 22:46:34

I;m getting a little nervous, it seems like they're wrapping it up but although we have Pikmin I'm still a little disappointed.

aquaticmole.

BBS Signature

Response to Official E3 2008 Discussion Thread. 2008-07-16 22:52:30

Well it ended, and the only big announcement was the hint at Pikmin 3. Besides that, the rest was about details of Animal Crossing, Wii Music, and Wii Sports: Resort.

Response to Official E3 2008 Discussion Thread. 2008-07-16 22:57:09

At 7/16/08 10:52 PM, gameboyplayer wrote: Well it ended, and the only big announcement was the hint at Pikmin 3. Besides that, the rest was about details of Animal Crossing, Wii Music, and Wii Sports: Resort.

It makes you wonder, what was even the point of all that? They pretty much repeated everything that they already said at their press conference. The only reason they brought up Pikmin 3 was because somebody asked about it, so they probably arn't even close to finishing it.

How much longer does E3 go on for? If there's still another day or two left, then they can make a big annoucement.

BBS Signature

Response to Official E3 2008 Discussion Thread. 2008-07-16 23:01:40

So, I dunno if this is old news or anything, but I saw the footage for Far Cry 2, Killzone 2, GoW 2, and Dead Space today on G4 and I must say that I was impressed, for the most part.

FC2 looked great compared to the sadness that was Instincts and Predator, IMO. I liked the way the game looked with it's standard Crytek jungle/other crap style and the way the environment interacted, i.e burned. It seems like it'll be a fun game simply because of the optional missions and the whole mercenary type thing it's got going on.

Killzone 2....... dismal. The game was gray, as expected with curent gen shooters, but this fucking game made it seem depressingly gray. The AI seemed, to me, to be completely retarded as the guy playing it (who didn't seem like FPS games were his forte) simply walked around obvious enemies and then proceeded to mow them down with little problem. The guns seemed pretty sub-standard for a futuristic game, I mean, I saw what was pretty much an M1 Garand being shot at a dude.

GoW2 looked amazing, all I can say. New enemies, new guns, new single player elements, this looks like it'll be rapetastic.

Dead Space looked really fun, for the most part, but one thing bothered me. The whole "dismemberment" thing looked like it would get really lame really fast. The guy showing it made it seem like without completely destroying every part of your enemy, you could never kill him, which seems like it would be tedious after like, 4 guys. I liked idea of mining tools as weapons, keeps the old gun monotony from setting in, I suppose.

I'm gonna go back to my room and be awesome.

Desert Punk of the NG /A/|My VA Demo Reel|Audio Portal|

BBS Signature

Response to Official E3 2008 Discussion Thread. 2008-07-16 23:07:56

At 7/16/08 11:01 PM, TacticalShoe wrote: Killzone 2 The AI seemed, to me, to be completely retarded as the guy playing it (who didn't seem like FPS games were his forte) simply walked around obvious enemies and then proceeded to mow them down with little problem.

They usually make the enemies easier to kill when presenting the games because they want to be able to easily show off the game. I've seen a lot of interviews for different games mentioning that they tweaked the difficulty for the presentation.

Either that, or the game actually does suck.

BBS Signature

Response to Official E3 2008 Discussion Thread. 2008-07-16 23:10:27

At 7/16/08 10:57 PM, Deadly-Shadow wrote: How much longer does E3 go on for? If there's still another day or two left, then they can make a big annoucement.

Tomorrow's the last day. And from the roundtable they also said "Well announce games when we're ready to" or something like that. Guess we'll either wait till TGS for more game announcements after E3.

Response to Official E3 2008 Discussion Thread. 2008-07-16 23:21:00

At 7/16/08 11:07 PM, Deadly-Shadow wrote:
At 7/16/08 11:01 PM, TacticalShoe wrote: Killzone 2 The AI seemed, to me, to be completely retarded as the guy playing it (who didn't seem like FPS games were his forte) simply walked around obvious enemies and then proceeded to mow them down with little problem.
They usually make the enemies easier to kill when presenting the games because they want to be able to easily show off the game. I've seen a lot of interviews for different games mentioning that they tweaked the difficulty for the presentation.

Either that, or the game actually does suck.

Yea. It aggravated me when the guy playing Gears 2 died during the presentation.
I mean if your going to have someone playing the game while you show it off have someone who can actually play it and has practiced it. Don't just give one of your guys the controller 5 minutes before you start and tell him to play through.

You should totally add me on one of my various game accounts:

360 - Malachi117. Steam - Malachi117. PS3/PS4 - NarcolepticCat.

Response to Official E3 2008 Discussion Thread. 2008-07-16 23:50:22

At 7/16/08 10:09 PM, SlipperyMooseCakes wrote: "Two big kahunas were left out of the show, and we were still able to deliver a strong performance," he said.

It would have been even stronger if the new Halo game and this other game were surprise announcements.

God I am so fucking pissed. And I really did think it was a cruel prank.

Want to play something or just chat? Click here. For all the daily shit that happens in my life, click here.

Achievement Whore Status: 47th place as of 05/18/09

BBS Signature

Response to Official E3 2008 Discussion Thread. 2008-07-16 23:55:01

At 7/16/08 11:50 PM, SniperWolf1564 wrote: God I am so fucking pissed. And I really did think it was a cruel prank.

*eh hem*

Told you so.

Response to Official E3 2008 Discussion Thread. 2008-07-17 00:21:54

At 7/16/08 11:55 PM, SlipperyMooseCakes wrote:
At 7/16/08 11:50 PM, SniperWolf1564 wrote: God I am so fucking pissed. And I really did think it was a cruel prank.
*eh hem*

Told you so.

So, why did this have to happen? If the new Halo project and the untitled game were to make suprise appearances, gamers would be even more excited.

It's not like this new game is going to take away from Gears of War 2, since that's close to release, and this new Halo title is in early development.

Want to play something or just chat? Click here. For all the daily shit that happens in my life, click here.

Achievement Whore Status: 47th place as of 05/18/09

BBS Signature

Response to Official E3 2008 Discussion Thread. 2008-07-17 03:48:19

At 7/15/08 07:30 PM, 36Holla wrote:

I wish that Bioware would do something different than the types of RPGs they have been producing. KOTOR1 was the best one they ever made and everything after was no where close to it. Even Mass Effect which so many people say was a great game wasn't as good. (Might have had something to do with generic looking planets/sub missions)

I might check it out, but I'm really expecting it to just be a medievil Mass Effect in some sense. You'll get to choose whether to be good or evil, and your actions ultimately give you one of two endings. C'mon, they could do a lot better than that.

First I wanted to thank you for not insulting my point of view about Bioware's track record and what they have done for Star Wars :-D You do bring up some compelling reasons to be cautious of Dragon Age, I haven't played Mass Effect so I might have to pick up a copy just to find out quite possibly how Dragon Age might work.
I should have been cautious when I found out that it was announced for PS3 as well as 360 when originally Bioware had stated originally that Dragon Age would be on the PC only :-( I guess I got too sentimental about Bioware's past games that I didn't even look at the possible unoriginal RPG gameplay that could repeat over and over. I won't give up on new games from them, however I will proceed with a little more skepticism after I check out Mass Effect. To determine of course if they have been following the same formula as previous games, thank you

The knowledge of power cannot be used wisely without first acquiring the power of knowledge

BBS Signature

Response to Official E3 2008 Discussion Thread. 2008-07-17 04:41:21

I agree with whomever ranted on the last page about Nintendo not talking about De Blob.

That game looks fun in a very weird Klonoa/BanjoKazooie way.

damnit Reggie. why did you and that horrible lady poop on MY FAIC