00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

MagDeWarrior just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Official E3 2008 Discussion Thread.

23,321 Views | 594 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Official E3 2008 Discussion Thread. 2008-07-15 13:19:55

At 7/15/08 01:18 PM, ChillyCheese wrote: I missed it....I guess it was for the better though eh?

livewire isnt working for me...

You could've watched it on ScrewAttack, although the sound was fuzzy.

Response to Official E3 2008 Discussion Thread. 2008-07-15 13:19:51

Nintendo one was slightly dissapointing. Has some nice software announcements, but nothing mindblowing :(

BBS Signature

Response to Official E3 2008 Discussion Thread. 2008-07-15 13:19:57

I'm dissapointed it ended there. There's so much more I need to know =P

BBS Signature

Response to Official E3 2008 Discussion Thread. 2008-07-15 13:20:10

Wow, that was disappointing, Reggie said there would be a core game this holiday season, but the only one I could see was GTA chinatown wars, but that's it nothing else, seriously, they need to try a bit harder then just one game.

Oh well ):

Sony is up.

aquaticmole.

BBS Signature

Response to Official E3 2008 Discussion Thread. 2008-07-15 13:21:29

I expected more games! I want games like Zelda, Kid Icarus, Mario, Kirby, etc. But hey, Animal Crossing Towns Folk looks AMAZING! That's a good thing right? RIGHT?

Also Wii Music looks fun.

Prepare for unforeseen consequences.

BBS Signature

Response to Official E3 2008 Discussion Thread. 2008-07-15 13:21:56

At 7/15/08 01:10 PM, Jerkapotamus wrote: So Reggie...Where are all those core games that I was promised? God this was disappointing. No Pikmin 3, no new Zelda, no new anything I care about.

One of the worst press conferences I've ever seen... They'll still sell 700,000 consoles a month...

I hear you, that was pretty bland. There is still more to be covered, but I seriously wonder if any more big announcements are in store, or if that was it. I have a bad feeling that was it :(

The Wii MotionPlus is all right, but it would have been a lot better to hear future plans for the use of it instead of just the new Wii Sports game. Let us know why we need to buy this new device. Telling us about one game isn't a very good selling point. For all we know the majority of games won't even take advantage of this device.

SIGH.

I've been refurbished and reissued, prepackaged and precooked, decontaminated and deloused, but I still smell, sound, look and feel like shit.

New to the video game forums?

BBS Signature

Response to Official E3 2008 Discussion Thread. 2008-07-15 13:23:51

I wish I was a mod.
To express my sorrow without a post limit.

Jercurpac and DirtySyko you're so lucky.

http://www.newgrounds.com/bbs/topic /777777

http://metaldart.webs.com/ My freewebs website. Check it out dog.

My old NG profile ID: 1321019

BBS Signature

Response to Official E3 2008 Discussion Thread. 2008-07-15 13:24:12

Well, that was extreamly dissapointing. I was expecting another Pikmin aswell as some new information on MadWorld, instead we get a bunch of gimmicky games that we'll only buy for the peripherals.

Animal Crossing: City Folk was definatly the highlight of the show. I was hoping for the next game to come out soon, so we now know for sure that it's coming. I really like the idea of the microphone, it's probably going to be put to good use for other games.

Wii Music looks extreamly pointless, you're not even playing the music. All you do is hit a single button to play a note, the only choice you make is how long you want to hold the note, so what's the point? Also, the drum set looks way too hard to use, I'd rather just play Guitar Hero: World Tour.

Call of Duty: World at War is more than likely going to be much better on the Xbox 360 and PS3, so the Wii version will probably only be bought by people who only own Wii's. Hopefully the Wii version will actually be worth playing, rather than being a poorly made port.

The Wii MotionPlus didn't look like it made a difference in the gameplay, it looks the same as every other Wii game. I guess we'll actually have to play the game to see if it actually makes a difference in the motion controls.

BBS Signature

Response to Official E3 2008 Discussion Thread. 2008-07-15 13:25:00

At 7/15/08 01:21 PM, levusbevus wrote: Animal Crossing Towns Folk looks AMAZING! That's a good thing right? RIGHT?

No. It's not a good thing. PIkmin 3 would've been a good thing but hell no. We got fuckin Wii Sports

Best flash of all time. Really.

Operation Falcon Punch

Thanks to Gu-rilla for the awesome sig

BBS Signature

Response to Official E3 2008 Discussion Thread. 2008-07-15 13:26:19

Reggie's Response to hardcore gamers feeling left out in the G4 interview that is taking place currently:
How can you feel left out? You got Animal Crossing and GTA DS! Mario and Zelda teams are working.

What about Kid Icarus?
We never said Kid Icarus was coming.

PS3 ID: Jerkapotamus

Sig by Akula

BBS Signature

Response to Official E3 2008 Discussion Thread. 2008-07-15 13:27:30

"How could you feel left out with Animal Crossing"???

oh Reggie we can be left out.

I am not saying it is a bad game I love animal crossing, its just that, we wanted, something that would blow our fucking heads up.

Gamertag: Catspirit123

home forum

BBS Signature

Response to Official E3 2008 Discussion Thread. 2008-07-15 13:27:42

At 7/15/08 01:21 PM, DirtySyko wrote:
I hear you, that was pretty bland. There is still more to be covered, but I seriously wonder if any more big announcements are in store, or if that was it. I have a bad feeling that was it :(

Eh, it's looking like my bad feelings were probably right. Reggie is on G4 right now talking to Kevin and Morgan, and they brought up Kid Icarus and the hardcore gamer groups, and Reggie just defended it by saying, "How did we not appeal to the hardcore? We announced Animal Crossing and GTA DS". That pretty much seals that they don't plan on announcing any big titles in the coming days.

I've been refurbished and reissued, prepackaged and precooked, decontaminated and deloused, but I still smell, sound, look and feel like shit.

BBS Signature

Response to Official E3 2008 Discussion Thread. 2008-07-15 13:28:56

Fuckin Animal Crossing

Best flash of all time. Really.

Operation Falcon Punch

Thanks to Gu-rilla for the awesome sig

BBS Signature

Response to Official E3 2008 Discussion Thread. 2008-07-15 13:30:53

Now, I feel ashamed to own a Wii, after this blatant 'betrayal' if you want to call it that. It makes me glad I own a PS3 as well.

Come on, Sony!

Response to Official E3 2008 Discussion Thread. 2008-07-15 13:32:09

At 7/15/08 01:27 PM, DirtySyko wrote: We announced Animal Crossing and GTA DS". That pretty much seals that they don't plan on announcing any big titles in the coming days.

Yeah, that was extremely disappoining, I thought he was going to at least give us a hint of something new, like he was going to say "wait this holiday season" or something, but I guess they feel like what they've shown is great, which it isn't they also just filled up time talking about how much it's selling, noone cares Nintendo, we already know it sells like hotcakes you don't need to tell us.

aquaticmole.

BBS Signature

Response to Official E3 2008 Discussion Thread. 2008-07-15 13:32:54

At 7/15/08 01:27 PM, DirtySyko wrote:

Yeah, Kid Icarus is coming sometime though. IGN Nintendo has confirmed that Factor 5 is developing it countless times. I wasn't expecting it here though, since Matt (head of IGN Nintendo) said on IGN last night that he's being told it will not be announced. I was hoping for Pikmin 3 or the long shot new Zelda game though. You know what would really suck? If Nintendo casualizes Zelda, sort of like they did with Windwaker but worse. That would kill me...

Sig by Akula

BBS Signature

Response to Official E3 2008 Discussion Thread. 2008-07-15 13:33:29

I'm pretty sure I heard more about the DS than the Wii.

I don't think I'm ever going to buy a Wii.

Response to Official E3 2008 Discussion Thread. 2008-07-15 13:33:45

At 7/15/08 01:21 PM, DirtySyko wrote: The Wii MotionPlus is all right, but it would have been a lot better to hear future plans for the use of it instead of just the new Wii Sports game. Let us know why we need to buy this new device. Telling us about one game isn't a very good selling point. For all we know the majority of games won't even take advantage of this device.

I'm always wary of optional devices like that and how heavily devlopers will adopt them, but I actually think this will catch on. The Wii fanbase seems to love mini game compilations, especially when they come packed with a doo-dad. I'm sure huge number of people will probably buy Wii-sports Resort.

I'm a little upset with the DS coverage, GTA on the DS could have been the biggest announcement of the conference, but they glossed over it in favor of talking about airport, cooking, and baseball stadium apps. I was hoping to at least get a roll of footage that showed the games that are coming out within the next year.

Happy with what you have to be happy with

you have to be happy with what you have

to be happy with you have to be happy with what you have

BBS Signature

Response to Official E3 2008 Discussion Thread. 2008-07-15 13:34:06

I am really disappointed in Nintendo's showing. I mean, where's Zelda? Where's Mario? Where the bloody hell is Metroid? If they keep going off their standard franchises, the Wii's sales are going to go way down.

The new Wii Sports looks kind of like Wii Play, will be interesting for about 3 hours, and then you will go do something else.

The Call of Duty game looks pretty good, but Nintendo will probably butcher it. Same with the GTA game.

Nintendo is trying to hit a newer audience, but that audience is already taken up by Microsoft and Sony, not the Wii's original intent.

Boo.

Meh.

Response to Official E3 2008 Discussion Thread. 2008-07-15 13:35:31

The only thing im looking forward now is bungie's announcement, this is just a biiiig fucking sad E3.

i'm lazy...

Response to Official E3 2008 Discussion Thread. 2008-07-15 13:38:27

At 7/15/08 01:34 PM, JUSTIN-BAILEY wrote: I am really disappointed in Nintendo's showing. I mean, where's Zelda? Where's Mario? Where the bloody hell is Metroid? If they keep going off their standard franchises, the Wii's sales are going to go way down.

As stated before, Wii fans seem to love mini-game compilations. I need a reminder to why I bought one.

Want to play something or just chat? Click here. For all the daily shit that happens in my life, click here.

Achievement Whore Status: 47th place as of 05/18/09

BBS Signature

Response to Official E3 2008 Discussion Thread. 2008-07-15 13:41:53

At 7/15/08 01:39 PM, Jezuz wrote:
Because everyone else was saying how awesome it was. I got caught up in the massive hype, plain and simple.

I bought mine because I was hyped for Mario Galaxy and Brawl, and wanted to play Twilight Princess on the Wii instead of the GC. I wasn't disappointed with Galax, Brawl, or Twilight Princess, but I don't want those to be the only three games I ever play on the Wii. If MadWorld ends up being a subpar game I will have lost all faith in third party games ever being any good on the Wii...

BBS Signature

Response to Official E3 2008 Discussion Thread. 2008-07-15 13:43:07

At 7/15/08 01:39 PM, Jezuz wrote:
At 7/15/08 01:38 PM, SniperWolf1564 wrote:
As stated before, Wii fans seem to love mini-game compilations. I need a reminder to why I bought one.
Because everyone else was saying how awesome it was. I got caught up in the massive hype, plain and simple.

I bought one because of the hype too. It was a waste of money back then, and it's even more of a waste of money now thanks to the stunt pulled by Nintendo.

But hey, Nintendo does not have to care. Most of it's target audience is too stupid to know that nothing good is out for it.

Want to play something or just chat? Click here. For all the daily shit that happens in my life, click here.

BBS Signature

Response to Official E3 2008 Discussion Thread. 2008-07-15 13:46:10

At 7/15/08 01:43 PM, SniperWolf1564 wrote: But hey, Nintendo does not have to care. Most of it's target audience is too stupid to know that nothing good is out for it.

Let me correct myself, there are a couple of good titles out for the Wii (Brawl, Galaxies, Twilight Princess, Metroid Prime 3,) but the rest of the stuff you find is just terrible. No More Heroes is an exception, but most of the third party titles just suck.

BBS Signature

Response to Official E3 2008 Discussion Thread. 2008-07-15 13:50:49

The 360 Conference was massive, they had so many new announcements that I guess I just thought Nintendo would do the same, sadly I was mistaken only 6 new Wii games (only 2 look good) 3 new DS games (only 2 look good) and a new motion plus that I already knew about, wow thanks Nintendo, and the rest was bar graphs of things everyone already knew about.

bahumbug.

aquaticmole.

BBS Signature

Response to Official E3 2008 Discussion Thread. 2008-07-15 13:51:46

Rofl, I just read from the little scrolling news thing on the bottom of the screen that FFXIII isn't coming out for 360 in Japan... What!? I don't see how that's a smart idea. Granted, the 360 isn't popular in Japan, I'm sure there are those few people who do own one and not a PS3. To give FFXIII to everyone else on the 360 and not to people in Japan is pretty much telling everyone in Japan to go buy a PS3 if they haven't yet.

Dear Japan,

Fuck you guys, we give up. You hate our console and we hate you.

Microsoft

BBS Signature

Response to Official E3 2008 Discussion Thread. 2008-07-15 13:52:06

(sniff) why nintendo? no pikmin? no kid icarus? not even a crappy screen shot of zelda?!? give us more than a gta that will have no blood or a call of duty that was skimmed over for talking about some freakin lady who no one cares abouts freakin wrist and how much she sucks at snowboarding. we can figure out she sucks at pretty much everything.

but on the positive side, voice chat that actually seems pretty good, and wii motion plus looked cool just because swordfighting looked fun. for anyone who thinks it isnt that responsive, compare it to wii boxing. wii boxing was the worst game on wii sports. why? because it was unresponsive and it you couldnt hit every time. the sword dueling looks like every move you make will be registered. that makes for an exciting prospect fo a new good zelda game that wasnt rushed fo wii and no waggleing excpet for rolling on the ground cuz the fat people cant roll.

*falls over from exhaustion*

Response to Official E3 2008 Discussion Thread. 2008-07-15 13:52:20

I'm pretty sure the only third-party Wii games I'm excited for are Fatal Frame Wii (Nintendo isn't going to give it any marketing plan, like all of their mature game) and Madworld. Actually, those are really the only Wii games I actually want to play... This is so sad.

Sig by Akula

BBS Signature

Response to Official E3 2008 Discussion Thread. 2008-07-15 13:56:16

At 7/15/08 01:46 PM, SniperWolf1564 wrote:
At 7/15/08 01:43 PM, SniperWolf1564 wrote: But hey, Nintendo does not have to care. Most of it's target audience is too stupid to know that nothing good is out for it.
Let me correct myself, there are a couple of good titles out for the Wii (Brawl, Galaxies, Twilight Princess, Metroid Prime 3,) but the rest of the stuff you find is just terrible. No More Heroes is an exception, but most of the third party titles just suck.

Zack and Wiki is a good game. MySims was alright but lost its novelty quick.

Let's hope Red Steel 2 (if and when it comes out) is better then Red Steel 1. And lets hope that it won't be repetative like the first one.

Prepare for unforeseen consequences.

BBS Signature

Response to Official E3 2008 Discussion Thread. 2008-07-15 13:57:58

Did anyone see those knock-off Mii things for the 360? I have mixed feelings on it. I really don't want to see the Xbox become a full on casual console. Then we would be clogged up with shitty family friendly titles, and everyone in Xbox ads would be happy! Oh dear God please no!

my opinion = fact

BBS Signature