Be a Supporter!
p4c
p4c
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 06
Blank Slate
reason sequencer Jun. 17th, 2008 @ 11:34 PM Reply

why do ppl tend to comment about how much the reason sequencer sucks? i honestly havent had much problems with it, since unless ur really lazy i think you'd be able to just manually input stuff. and vector automation. and new organizational stuff.

discuss kthxbai.

SymbolCymbal
SymbolCymbal
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 25
Musician
Response to reason sequencer Jun. 18th, 2008 @ 12:08 AM Reply

i love reason.... you just need a little patience, it isnt garage band and if you just got it you need to spend the time to use it ..once you know how you can make some kick ass stuff... or maybe some people just need a little inteligence that helps as well

Seriana
Seriana
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 12
Blank Slate
Response to reason sequencer Jun. 18th, 2008 @ 12:44 AM Reply

Reason frustrates me so much I want to pull my hair out and scream and rape my keyboard.

The sequencer, if possible, is thousands of times worse.

nubbinownz
nubbinownz
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 06
Blank Slate
Response to reason sequencer Jun. 18th, 2008 @ 02:04 AM Reply

I don't know, I find reason's sequencer to be really intuitive. All my tracks are done with reason, and the sequencer helps me with more complex drum sequencing. As was stated, it just takes a bit of patience, but once you get the hang of it, it is excellent.

"It's alright to be afraid, lord knows I am."

BBS Signature
LJCoffee
LJCoffee
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 39
Blank Slate
Response to reason sequencer Jun. 18th, 2008 @ 02:22 AM Reply

Never had a problem with it.
It may be ever so slightly different from some other apps but fundamentally they're all the same anyways.

Wanna play with some really fun stuff? Getchyer shit ReWired together and have at it.

BBS Signature
nubbinownz
nubbinownz
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 06
Blank Slate
Response to reason sequencer Jun. 18th, 2008 @ 02:28 AM Reply

At 6/18/08 02:22 AM, LJCoffee wrote: Never had a problem with it.
It may be ever so slightly different from some other apps but fundamentally they're all the same anyways.

Wanna play with some really fun stuff? Getchyer shit ReWired together and have at it.

oh most definately, when you rewire reason into a DAW like ableton or cubase.. it instantly becomes the most powerful VST on the market hands down, end of story. There is no other VST that can come close to what reason can do rewired into another program.

the ONLY thing that reason lacks is VST support and direct line recording. As soon as you rewire into a daw, you get all that.

Give it a shot, will change the way you make music.

"It's alright to be afraid, lord knows I am."

BBS Signature
Seriana
Seriana
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 12
Blank Slate
Response to reason sequencer Jun. 18th, 2008 @ 02:31 AM Reply

I know how to use Reason, I've had it since 2, I know how to use it.

I just hate it compared to FL. I Rewire once every 2 years because the mixers wind up fucking each other up and that gives me even more of a headache, I have to spend weeks just to start 1 .flp

Love-Hate-War
Love-Hate-War
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Musician
Response to reason sequencer Jun. 18th, 2008 @ 05:59 AM Reply

At 6/18/08 02:28 AM, nubbinownz wrote: the ONLY thing that reason lacks is VST support and direct line recording. As soon as you rewire into a daw, you get all that.

Yeh, alot of people complain that reason doesn't have direct line recording, but then thats the point of reason, to have all this power in the modules, without it taking up massive amounts of memory space. Just ReWire it you lazy bastards.

SolidElectro
SolidElectro
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Blank Slate
Response to reason sequencer Jun. 18th, 2008 @ 07:15 AM Reply

or you can just use recycle?

BBS Signature
p4c
p4c
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 06
Blank Slate
Response to reason sequencer Jun. 18th, 2008 @ 11:59 AM Reply

At 6/18/08 12:44 AM, DragonsGrief wrote: Reason frustrates me so much I want to pull my hair out and scream and rape my keyboard.

The sequencer, if possible, is thousands of times worse.

yeah, my question was kind of, "how so?" you have not enlightened me at all. what exactly is ur grief over the sequencer? ive used hte FL sequencer before, and TBH, it isnt 8000x better IMO.

Khuskan
Khuskan
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Blank Slate
Response to reason sequencer Jun. 18th, 2008 @ 12:16 PM Reply

Reasons sequencer has always been so so, and there are various 'improvements' in the v4 sequencer that have actually been quite poor decisions in my opinion.

The biggest would be that you now have to have EVERY piece of midi data in a clip, meaning you can't just stick notes where you want them and group them up later.

Vector control over CVs is nice though.