Respond to this Topic
Zombie-Pimp
Zombie-Pimp
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Blank Slate
Response to Metal Gear Collab (Update) Jun. 24th, 2008 @ 01:00 PM Reply

Expect this collab to come out around the same time as MGS5 does.

Skankles
Skankles
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 17
Blank Slate
Response to Metal Gear Collab (Update) Jun. 24th, 2008 @ 01:04 PM Reply

At 6/23/08 06:05 PM, Nova500 wrote: You could try reading Stamper's post on his profile. That may tell you a thing or three.
At 6/20/08 4:36 PM, Stamper wrote: P.E.N.I.S. lol

What say you now Nova500?

waitjeremy
waitjeremy
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Blank Slate
Response to Metal Gear Collab (Update) Jun. 24th, 2008 @ 04:55 PM Reply

Also what does the Sorrow doll do? I got it knowing full well that it was useless in the boss battle, but it has to be more than a collectors item...

It allows u to move the dead corpses around so u can get items, kinda like the Psycho Mantis Doll allows ya to do the same only to living soldiers.

Nova500
Nova500
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 03
Blank Slate
Response to Metal Gear Collab (Update) Jun. 24th, 2008 @ 05:08 PM Reply

At 6/24/08 01:04 PM, Skankles wrote:
At 6/23/08 06:05 PM, Nova500 wrote: You could try reading Stamper's post on his profile. That may tell you a thing or three.
At 6/20/08 4:36 PM, Stamper wrote: P.E.N.I.S. lol
What say you now Nova500?

I say you're looking at the wrong one

SardonicSamurai
SardonicSamurai
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 18
Animator
Response to Metal Gear Collab (Update) Jun. 24th, 2008 @ 08:51 PM Reply

Got a PM from Johnny just a little bit ago, and I thought I'd share an update as to what's going on with the Collab:

Stamper practically had the thing working 2 days ago, then he went to export and all of a sudden all the tweens in every single submission was broken. it's just mind boggling...we're running into issues we've never seen or heard of before. we tried putting all the movieclips in a row, we tried putting them all into scenes, we spent all weekend optimizing alot of peoples files..sometimes reducing them to a 10th of their original size..(just because that person doesnt understand using symbols and movieclips). we're considering loading the swf into the movie like how the bytesize player worked..we were concerned that would sometimes cause issues though. i can practically GUARANTEE we're gonna have this out before friday..so help me god. SO HELP ME GOD. again, sorry to everybody, we're pushing flash harder than ever to hold all these things and we're learning what to do and not to do when we do another collab like this. feel free to pass this along

Hope that helps. Be patient.

BBS Signature
3Nigma
3Nigma
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Blank Slate
Response to Metal Gear Collab (Update) Jun. 24th, 2008 @ 09:41 PM Reply

Before Friday huh...

InuyashaHumanForm
InuyashaHumanForm
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Blank Slate
Response to Metal Gear Collab (Update) Jun. 24th, 2008 @ 10:41 PM Reply

At 6/12/08 03:18 AM, Stamper wrote: Hay all you hot dewdz and cute gurlz!

This is just an update on the Metal Gear Collaboration that we recently organized. First off, we'd like to apologize for the lack of communication and information on this project...we've just been mega busy with all sorts of nonsense lately, but don't worry...the project is running full steam and it's our primary focus until completion! We had planned to release this collab long before MGS4 was released (today, enjoy) but given circumstances, we've decided to do it properly as opposed to slapping any ol' shit together and rushing the release.

Oh, and that said - the collab turnout was an amazing success, even moreso than we had hoped for. We received something like 250 submissions, MOST of which we want to include! After much deliberation, we think we've got a solid gameplan - 2 mega-collabs - released simultaneously within the next few days, so keep your eyeballs peeled, your dicks wet, and your vaginas hard.

----------

woo lets sere this in action :] shit just got real! this gona be like off the hook and shit and like its going to be all "Yay yay" and like ya know dog? like piss and shit and like awesome

GabePuratekuta
GabePuratekuta
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 06
Blank Slate
Response to Metal Gear Collab (Update) Jun. 24th, 2008 @ 11:11 PM Reply

Yeah!! I can not WAIT for it to them to be done!! They will rock so hard that they'll be on the front page for two weeks!!!

VACKenny
VACKenny
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Game Developer
Response to Metal Gear Collab (Update) Jun. 25th, 2008 @ 01:03 AM Reply

At 6/24/08 08:51 PM, SardonicSamurai wrote: Got a PM from Johnny just a little bit ago, and I thought I'd share an update as to what's going on with the Collab:

Stamper practically had the thing working 2 days ago, then he went to export and all of a sudden all the tweens in every single submission was broken. it's just mind boggling...we're running into issues we've never seen or heard of before. we tried putting all the movieclips in a row, we tried putting them all into scenes, we spent all weekend optimizing alot of peoples files..sometimes reducing them to a 10th of their original size..(just because that person doesnt understand using symbols and movieclips). we're considering loading the swf into the movie like how the bytesize player worked..we were concerned that would sometimes cause issues though. i can practically GUARANTEE we're gonna have this out before friday..so help me god. SO HELP ME GOD. again, sorry to everybody, we're pushing flash harder than ever to hold all these things and we're learning what to do and not to do when we do another collab like this. feel free to pass this along

Hope that helps. Be patient.

Sigh, that just makes me feel guilty, because even though I'm very familiar with Flash, I know next to nothing about the technical aspects of it.

With that said, I feel as if my file could've been MUCH smaller, and I should have made it that way, considering that I just said, "Oh, what the hell?" and threw in enough jokes to fit the 30 second guideline. I know about compressing sound, but I know nothing about differentiating between movie clips and symbols and how to optimize those.

Hope that didn't cause too many problems for Stamper and Jeff. If so, my bad.

Hokey-Mokey
Hokey-Mokey
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Gamer
Response to Metal Gear Collab (Update) Jun. 25th, 2008 @ 03:38 AM Reply

Awesome.

I have Thursday and Friday off, so when it comes out I'll be watching it allllll day.

SardonicSamurai
SardonicSamurai
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 18
Animator
Response to Metal Gear Collab (Update) Jun. 25th, 2008 @ 04:45 AM Reply

I'm pretty sure it's not just one persons fault. (If it is, I will find you)

On the bright side, this will help prepare for any upcoming collabs once Flash decides to export this baby properly.

They might have to perform a C-Section D:

BBS Signature
BlackClown
BlackClown
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Blank Slate
Response to Metal Gear Collab (Update) Jun. 25th, 2008 @ 09:31 AM Reply

At 6/18/08 05:49 PM, Sonofgoku1 wrote:
At 6/18/08 05:44 PM, ClownClown wrote: You guys do know there isn't really a collab right? Stamper sent out PMs saying this was all a big joke.
Your attempt at trolling failed. better luck next time!

There. It didn't fail. I think I did a pretty good job getting everybody edgy. I really wasn't intending to troll at first, I was just joking around, but once you told me I failed I wanted to change that fact.

People who actually believe the collab has be canceled/it was a joke, don't be ridiculous. It's coming out, as you can see by just looking reading that PM up there or going to Johnny's Profile. Newgrounds would never do this as a joke. For all those people who trolled with me, thanks.

Theo-art
Theo-art
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Blank Slate
Response to Metal Gear Collab (Update) Jun. 25th, 2008 @ 10:47 AM Reply

At 6/25/08 04:45 AM, SardonicSamurai wrote: I'm pretty sure it's not just one persons fault. (If it is, I will find you)

On the bright side, this will help prepare for any upcoming collabs once Flash decides to export this baby properly.

They might have to perform a C-Section D:

Mine was like, 15 megs man. I thought I could get away with it, HAH.

OH GOD, IT WAS ME. D:
foolishbunny
foolishbunny
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 06
Blank Slate
Response to Metal Gear Collab (Update) Jun. 25th, 2008 @ 01:21 PM Reply

At 6/24/08 01:00 PM, Zombie-Pimp wrote: Expect this collab to come out around the same time as MGS5 does.

lol good one...
this collab was suppose to be out b4 mgs 4
and i even beat mgs4 and its still not out yet lol

Zyclone
Zyclone
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Blank Slate
Response to Metal Gear Collab (Update) Jun. 25th, 2008 @ 01:44 PM Reply

MGS4 was uber-cool. Period.
The final battle was EPIC!

M1KES
M1KES
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 19
Blank Slate
Response to Metal Gear Collab (Update) Jun. 25th, 2008 @ 05:00 PM Reply

thx for the update SardonicSamurai.
I just hope this comes out before the mgs hype dies down... the hype is still strong... people are still playing it.. just hope it stays like that for a while..
MORE HYPE = MORE VIEWS!

foolishbunny
foolishbunny
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 06
Blank Slate
Response to Metal Gear Collab (Update) Jun. 25th, 2008 @ 11:41 PM Reply

At 6/25/08 01:44 PM, Zyclone wrote: MGS4 was uber-cool. Period.

i agree my friend i agree
when snake was getting burnt up and everyone was getting shot tears ran down my cheeks like a mad man i was like damn you triangle button go faster he's gonna die!!!!!
is there any way to beat that any way?

supyohos123
supyohos123
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 06
Blank Slate
Response to Metal Gear Collab (Update) Jun. 26th, 2008 @ 02:48 AM Reply

At 6/25/08 11:41 PM, foolishbunny wrote:
At 6/25/08 01:44 PM, Zyclone wrote: MGS4 was uber-cool. Period.
i agree my friend i agree
when snake was getting burnt up and everyone was getting shot tears ran down my cheeks like a mad man i was like damn you triangle button go faster he's gonna die!!!!!
is there any way to beat that any way?

I beat the whole press triangle thing for MGS4 and did it my first time, but the whole torture scene from MGS1 hurt the fuck out of my fingers and took me like twenty times to beat LITERALLY.

PBass
PBass
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Animator
Response to Metal Gear Collab (Update) Jun. 26th, 2008 @ 03:13 AM Reply

Wow, another delay :(. Oh well, technically Friday is tommorow for me so...only one day left!

"Animation is not the art of drawings that move, but the art of movements that are drawn." -Norman McLaren

omega262
omega262
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 05
Blank Slate
Response to Metal Gear Collab (Update) Jun. 26th, 2008 @ 09:07 AM Reply

remember there will be box jokes!!!

~

Malus-X
Malus-X
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Melancholy
Response to Metal Gear Collab (Update) Jun. 26th, 2008 @ 10:26 AM Reply

Just take it easy. There most likely isn't some conspiracy to keep the collab from us. There's tons of things that can, may, and probably HAS gone wrong while they were uploading. I don't know shit about flash, I'll admit it, but I do know from many high school computer classes and personal experience with the internet that uploading stuff has to be done JUST right or the whole thing is shot. Just give it time.

Who knows, it may be worth the wait.

freaky-dreamer
freaky-dreamer
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 05
Blank Slate
Response to Metal Gear Collab (Update) Jun. 26th, 2008 @ 11:21 AM Reply

At 6/26/08 10:26 AM, Malus-X wrote: Just take it easy. There most likely isn't some conspiracy to keep the collab from us.

However, if there is, it's the Patriots' doing.

BBS Signature
Sysko
Sysko
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Audiophile
Response to Metal Gear Collab (Update) Jun. 26th, 2008 @ 12:00 PM Reply

Cool, but when's it gonna be available to the general public?

Metal Gear Collab (Update)

KuoryDaNinja
KuoryDaNinja
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 21
Blank Slate
Response to Metal Gear Collab (Update) Jun. 26th, 2008 @ 07:24 PM Reply

If it's my fault, I'm terribly sorry! Please forgive me and spare my worthless life D:
No srsly wth

Orph
Orph
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 16
Blank Slate
Response to Metal Gear Collab (Update) Jun. 27th, 2008 @ 10:10 AM Reply

It's Friday! Need MG Collab! NOW!!!

Aman1
Aman1
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Blank Slate
Response to Metal Gear Collab (Update) Jun. 27th, 2008 @ 02:31 PM Reply

ok next couple of days from 6/12 ... 6/18 maybe would have been a stretch.... isnt it like 6/26 now? well wtf?

eltyde
eltyde
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Blank Slate
Response to Metal Gear Collab (Update) Jun. 27th, 2008 @ 02:42 PM Reply

my first post LOL i love MGS4 so i will kill any one the takes the piss of it !!!!

Orph
Orph
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 16
Blank Slate
Response to Metal Gear Collab (Update) Jun. 27th, 2008 @ 02:44 PM Reply

At 6/27/08 02:42 PM, eltyde wrote: my first post LOL i love MGS4 so i will kill any one the takes the piss of it !!!!

You should take a look at this- http://www.escapistmagazine.com/videos/v iew/zero-punctuation/99-Metal-Gear-Solid -4

raz183
raz183
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Blank Slate
Response to Metal Gear Collab (Update) Jun. 27th, 2008 @ 03:36 PM Reply

This is just getting stupid now, why not just split it into four parts?

Marvel vs Capcom x Konami - Super Flash Rotoscope Remix :: Coming Soon

BBS Signature
Tootbook
Tootbook
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 24
Blank Slate
Response to Metal Gear Collab (Update) Jun. 27th, 2008 @ 04:10 PM Reply

yeah dude you bitches better hurry your fat asses up

Bagels