Be a Supporter!

Zerovoting and Exposure.

  • 59,532 Views
  • 734 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic
Chronamut
Chronamut
  • Member since: Oct. 9, 2003
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 43
Artist
Response to Zerovoting and Exposure. 2008-08-03 18:56:54 Reply

ah MICH, being the young negotiator when us older guys get all hotheaded - sorry guys - ya ive been here forever - I do tend to get elitist at times. Its a grumpy veteran thing - most people with grumpy grandparents would understand :P

jrhager84
jrhager84
  • Member since: Jul. 18, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 07
Blank Slate
Response to Zerovoting and Exposure. 2008-08-03 19:22:30 Reply

At 8/3/08 06:56 PM, Chronamut wrote: ah MICH, being the young negotiator when us older guys get all hotheaded - sorry guys - ya ive been here forever - I do tend to get elitist at times. Its a grumpy veteran thing - most people with grumpy grandparents would understand :P

P.S. As much as you've irked me, I'd never give a downrated vote because of that. That's bullshit, and despite my perception of you, I've given your songs good scores, because they were good. I don't believe in downvoting for ANY reason other than the song sucking balls. Just my .02

It's just that we're not going to ask for the chronology of this site just so we don't ask noob questions. I mean, if we were to do that, we wouldn't be able to participate for the next 5 years! LOL

That being said, I'm completely willing to let bygones be bygones, and start anew? Fair enough? Truce?

Believe me, I don't hold grudges.....


- email jrhager84@gmail if interested in voice acting/ music/ production/ mixing etc. -

BBS Signature
Chronamut
Chronamut
  • Member since: Oct. 9, 2003
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 43
Artist
Response to Zerovoting and Exposure. 2008-08-03 19:43:32 Reply

At 8/3/08 07:22 PM, jrhager84 wrote:
At 8/3/08 06:56 PM, Chronamut wrote: ah MICH, being the young negotiator when us older guys get all hotheaded - sorry guys - ya ive been here forever - I do tend to get elitist at times. Its a grumpy veteran thing - most people with grumpy grandparents would understand :P
P.S. As much as you've irked me, I'd never give a downrated vote because of that. That's bullshit, and despite my perception of you, I've given your songs good scores, because they were good. I don't believe in downvoting for ANY reason other than the song sucking balls. Just my .02

I do believ I was joking about that hahaha...

speaking of .02.. thats prolly more than your ratings would give my songs nowadays.. oh well.. thanks for the support - means a lot to me :)

and what about if the man sucks balls? :P
It's just that we're not going to ask for the chronology of this site just so we don't ask noob questions. I mean, if we were to do that, we wouldn't be able to participate for the next 5 years! LOL

aaactually... thats a BRILLIANT IDEA!

I shall make a thread detailing the chronology of newgrounds audio portal! You sir are a genius, and then when noobs come - we can put it in the sticky, and tell them to READ :P

I dont think tom ever made a history of the ap - and who better to do it than me - the man who has been here forever - along with everyone else who has been here forever :P

and hmm.. a 5 year no posting rule for noobs.. iiintereeesting.. :P

That being said, I'm completely willing to let bygones be bygones, and start anew? Fair enough? Truce?

Believe me, I don't hold grudges.....

sure - I had nothing against you to begin with - that is - if i can ever rememebr your damn username.. sexy pics would always help "seal the deal" :P

jrhager84
jrhager84
  • Member since: Jul. 18, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 07
Blank Slate
Response to Zerovoting and Exposure. 2008-08-03 21:18:36 Reply

"Sexy" and "me" aren't allowed in the same sentence LOL


- email jrhager84@gmail if interested in voice acting/ music/ production/ mixing etc. -

BBS Signature
Chronamut
Chronamut
  • Member since: Oct. 9, 2003
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 43
Artist
Response to Zerovoting and Exposure. 2008-08-03 22:27:55 Reply

At 8/3/08 09:18 PM, jrhager84 wrote: "Sexy" and "me" aren't allowed in the same sentence LOL

hmm so much for that :P

jrhager84
jrhager84
  • Member since: Jul. 18, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 07
Blank Slate
Response to Zerovoting and Exposure. 2008-08-04 00:07:04 Reply

LOL.......


- email jrhager84@gmail if interested in voice acting/ music/ production/ mixing etc. -

BBS Signature
Suspended-3rd-Chord
Suspended-3rd-Chord
  • Member since: May. 3, 2007
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 12
Blank Slate
Response to Zerovoting and Exposure. 2008-08-04 02:44:40 Reply

At 8/4/08 12:07 AM, jrhager84 wrote: LOL.......

sure, Chronamut might be an elitist, but atleast he reads the thread unlike U NOOBY!!! :P

jrhager84
jrhager84
  • Member since: Jul. 18, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 07
Blank Slate
Response to Zerovoting and Exposure. 2008-08-04 02:50:10 Reply

Yeah, I know, huh? I mean there was ONLY like 8,000 posts just made yesterday alone, let alone the 10 years it's been around. I have quite a bit of reading to do, don't I?


- email jrhager84@gmail if interested in voice acting/ music/ production/ mixing etc. -

BBS Signature
Suspended-3rd-Chord
Suspended-3rd-Chord
  • Member since: May. 3, 2007
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 12
Blank Slate
Response to Zerovoting and Exposure. 2008-08-04 02:58:31 Reply

At 8/4/08 02:50 AM, jrhager84 wrote: Yeah, I know, huh? I mean there was ONLY like 8,000 posts just made yesterday alone, let alone the 10 years it's been around. I have quite a bit of reading to do, don't I?

1. My last post was meant to be sarcastic

2. No don't be obtuse, you just need to catch up on reading this thread. If you read the first couple pages, you would see that tieing in the voting score with the review score has already been suggested and shot down by the staff. if anything, quote them and point out faults in their reasoning.

3. anyways, no hard feelings dude.

jrhager84
jrhager84
  • Member since: Jul. 18, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 07
Blank Slate
Response to Zerovoting and Exposure. 2008-08-04 03:43:20 Reply

At 8/4/08 02:58 AM, Suspended-3rd-Chord wrote:
At 8/4/08 02:50 AM, jrhager84 wrote: Yeah, I know, huh? I mean there was ONLY like 8,000 posts just made yesterday alone, let alone the 10 years it's been around. I have quite a bit of reading to do, don't I?
1. My last post was meant to be sarcastic

2. No don't be obtuse, you just need to catch up on reading this thread. If you read the first couple pages, you would see that tieing in the voting score with the review score has already been suggested and shot down by the staff. if anything, quote them and point out faults in their reasoning.

3. anyways, no hard feelings dude.

.......That's not even what I meant. I didn't mean to TIE them together... I meant you can't GIVE a 0 unless you write a review that helps them make it better. It didn't seem like anything like that had been suggested (at least not to my notion).

I was also joking when I said my last post. It's just a lot goes on here, and unless you've witnessed it first hand, it's pretty hard to go trudging through it all (these threads die and vaporize pretty quickly...

either way, you're right. No hard feelings.


- email jrhager84@gmail if interested in voice acting/ music/ production/ mixing etc. -

BBS Signature
Chronamut
Chronamut
  • Member since: Oct. 9, 2003
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 43
Artist
Response to Zerovoting and Exposure. 2008-08-04 08:54:34 Reply

At 8/4/08 02:58 AM, Suspended-3rd-Chord wrote:
.......That's not even what I meant. I didn't mean to TIE them together... I meant you can't GIVE a 0 unless you write a review that helps them make it better. It didn't seem like anything like that had been suggested (at least not to my notion).

it's been suggested many times already :)

I was also joking when I said my last post. It's just a lot goes on here, and unless you've witnessed it first hand, it's pretty hard to go trudging through it all (these threads die and vaporize pretty quickly...

thats why I am here :)

either way, you're right. No hard feelings.

forgeys for all!

damn you newgrounds saying most of the text in here has been quoted text..

lol just joking rucklo :P
Chronamut
Chronamut
  • Member since: Oct. 9, 2003
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 43
Artist
Response to Zerovoting and Exposure. 2008-08-04 10:46:05 Reply

At 8/4/08 09:01 AM, DJBrixX wrote: suggestion that is suggested at least once a week.

Need I say more?

LURK MOAR!

TheBardOfBlasphemy
TheBardOfBlasphemy
  • Member since: Mar. 20, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 10
Blank Slate
Response to Zerovoting and Exposure. 2008-08-04 10:54:41 Reply

At 8/4/08 10:46 AM, Chronamut wrote:
At 8/4/08 09:01 AM, DJBrixX wrote: suggestion that is suggested at least once a week.
Need I say more?

LURK MOAR!

lol, yeah, but at least it was a suggestion that was suggested at least once a week in this thread rather than being a new topic posted with the title "hey I've got a great idea to fix the AP!"

Seriously though... the AP fix thread and this one are so huge now... who on earth could be arsed reading through the repetition? The Audio Forum almost needs a new "sticky" thread at the top saying "New users... also read this first" with a concise summary of all the main ideas that have been suggested to avoid even more repetition.

Having said that, some people just like to say their piece. I mean, the suggestion I just suggested is also most probably suggested at least once a week!

aaaah! too many suggestions!


Latest audio: Chicken Humpin' - Funny and retarded. No Sympathy for a Liar - You reap what you sow in Bard's vocalised version of Deathcalypse's supreme heavy metal.

BBS Signature
DJGameFreakTheIguana
DJGameFreakTheIguana
  • Member since: Aug. 19, 2007
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 05
Blank Slate
Response to Zerovoting and Exposure. 2008-08-05 18:34:48 Reply

The 1 vote idea iz cool but I stoped caring a while back, I'll just hit the ad thread when I drop some new shit every now and then

PaulyBFromDa303
PaulyBFromDa303
  • Member since: Feb. 3, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 13
Musician
Response to Zerovoting and Exposure. 2008-08-06 04:26:24 Reply

Here's a good idea . . .

STOP BITCHING ABOUT IT.

I learned that the hard way.

Oh, oh no. You guys gonna flame me now? You gonna yell at me telling me to get off the stage?

Emo forum is more like it.

LiquidEvolution
LiquidEvolution
  • Member since: Jan. 6, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 12
Blank Slate
Response to Zerovoting and Exposure. 2008-08-06 07:39:15 Reply

At 8/6/08 04:26 AM, PaulStetich wrote: Here's a good idea . . .

STOP BITCHING ABOUT IT.

I learned that the hard way.

Oh, oh no. You guys gonna flame me now? You gonna yell at me telling me to get off the stage?

Emo forum is more like it.

Yet, you're still bitching? And, you're the one flaming us: "Emo forum". I'm going to put this in the most forward and honest way I can. Sit down and have a nice, warm cup of shut the fuck up. I'm not trying to make you more aggrivated than you already are but, you could have just said "Stop bitching, please" without the added "Look at me, I'm an attention seeker" shit at the bottom there.


yea

Satoris
Satoris
  • Member since: Mar. 11, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 23
Musician
Response to Zerovoting and Exposure. 2008-08-06 09:02:07 Reply

At 8/6/08 07:39 AM, LiquidEvolution wrote:

:Sit down and have a nice, warm cup of shut the fuck up. I'm not trying to make you more aggrivated than you already are but, you could have just said "Stop bitching, please" without the added "Look at me, I'm an attention seeker" shit at the bottom there.

Quoted for Troof. I got zero bombed yesterday but...I'm not saying anything about it.


Taste me you will see, more is all you need.
Portfolio

PaulyBFromDa303
PaulyBFromDa303
  • Member since: Feb. 3, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 13
Musician
Response to Zerovoting and Exposure. 2008-08-06 09:14:09 Reply

At 8/6/08 07:39 AM, LiquidEvolution wrote:
At 8/6/08 04:26 AM, PaulStetich wrote: Here's a good idea . . .

STOP BITCHING ABOUT IT.

I learned that the hard way.

Oh, oh no. You guys gonna flame me now? You gonna yell at me telling me to get off the stage?

Emo forum is more like it.
Yet, you're still bitching? And, you're the one flaming us: "Emo forum". I'm going to put this in the most forward and honest way I can. Sit down and have a nice, warm cup of shut the fuck up. I'm not trying to make you more aggrivated than you already are but, you could have just said "Stop bitching, please" without the added "Look at me, I'm an attention seeker" shit at the bottom there.

I could . . . yur right I could have jsut said stop bitching about it . . . but you know what? I like to have fun with it. Besides with all the shit you guys always give me all these years, why should I end it there?

If theres anything you guys taught me its that the audio forum is the survival of the fittest forum. The best way to be the fittest is to pwn the guys like Mr Whiny Face person who got 0-bombed and complains about it. That used to be me.

That USED to be me.

And now, now I'm a fun loving person who hates the audio forum. Why do I post here then?

Boredom. It's all the game of boredom. Like chess, you have to play your pieces just right. Haters haters haters thats all I get, but not anymore are they really haters? Or just jealous ppl who have no life outside newgrounds?

Puh-thetic!!!

Or maybe I've lost my sanity!!!!!!!!!!!!! WHO KNOWS!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm Batman!!!!! Look at me, haunting the ppl in the night! THe joker is my friend, and J Jonah Jamison is Brokeback Billy in disguise!!!!!!

Satoris
Satoris
  • Member since: Mar. 11, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 23
Musician
Response to Zerovoting and Exposure. 2008-08-06 09:16:11 Reply

You are a genuine idiot aren't you?


Taste me you will see, more is all you need.
Portfolio

PaulyBFromDa303
PaulyBFromDa303
  • Member since: Feb. 3, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 13
Musician
Response to Zerovoting and Exposure. 2008-08-06 09:18:14 Reply

At 8/6/08 09:16 AM, Satoris wrote: You are a genuine idiot aren't you?

YES I AM!!!!!!

LiquidEvolution
LiquidEvolution
  • Member since: Jan. 6, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 12
Blank Slate
Response to Zerovoting and Exposure. 2008-08-06 10:44:37 Reply

At 8/6/08 09:14 AM, PaulStetich wrote: I could . . . yur right I could have jsut said stop bitching about it . . . but you know what? I like to have fun with it. Besides with all the shit you guys always give me all these years, why should I end it there?

If theres anything you guys taught me its that the audio forum is the survival of the fittest forum. The best way to be the fittest is to pwn the guys like Mr Whiny Face person who got 0-bombed and complains about it. That used to be me.

That USED to be me.

And now, now I'm a fun loving person who hates the audio forum. Why do I post here then?

Boredom. It's all the game of boredom. Like chess, you have to play your pieces just right. Haters haters haters thats all I get, but not anymore are they really haters? Or just jealous ppl who have no life outside newgrounds?

Used to be? You're still whining. Except now, you're having a tantrum about us telling you, you're an idiot for complaing about zero bombers (Considering you still bitch about zero bombers after 3 years of being a part of NG). Here's a hint. Stop the attention seeking. Really, people are just going to call you an idiot twice as much if you say "I hate the AF, you guys give me shit" Bitch, whine, bitch. You know why people give you shit? It's because, frankly. People have heard enough about zero bombers and your "zero terrorist" shit doesn't add to the matter. Make music for the sake of being creative, not gathering attention and if someone zero bombs you. Deal with it and stop being such a cry baby.


yea

Kr1z
Kr1z
  • Member since: Aug. 8, 2007
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 09
Blank Slate
Response to Zerovoting and Exposure. 2008-08-07 18:54:00 Reply

cough filters cough

PaulyBFromDa303
PaulyBFromDa303
  • Member since: Feb. 3, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 13
Musician
Response to Zerovoting and Exposure. 2008-08-07 19:06:49 Reply

Liquid Evolution . . . you're stoned bro. But then you've always been an anti-stetich punk.

It seems no matter what I say its about 0-bombing.

I can say "Hi guys, I was born in Texas" and itll be me complaining about 0-bombing.

I dont care about 0-bombers anymore . . . if thres one thing I learned from this experience its that ppl will ACTUALLY LOOK THROUGH the audio portal, not the highest scoring ones.

In fact, I couldnt be happier! I been getting a lot of attention lately, a lot more than when my scores were all the way at 4.40. I guess the audio portal fans look at honesty and TRUE scores.

Liquid Evolution if you cant accept the fact that I've changed, then so be it. This isn't complaining. You see complaining applies to the emotions, stressed, depressed, anger, sadness. Me? I'm just happy.

But hey if you dont want anyone on newgrounds to be happy then so be it,

LADIES AND GENTLEMEN, Welcome!!!! This is the land of unhappy, where people hate you no matter what you do, where dreams are crushed by criticism, where people LOVE 0-bombers and hate the ones whove adapted to this change.

Yur funny, LOLZ LMAO ROFL and so forth.

nataSNoose
nataSNoose
  • Member since: Aug. 7, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 05
Blank Slate
Response to Zerovoting and Exposure. 2008-08-07 19:36:26 Reply

in flashes zero bombing gives u blam points
if u review a song or vote on it u get nothing i fairly voted on everything ive been around i believe
if your songs suck than you will get zero bombed lol
just like be like cheshyre "GOD" or something and make music that grabs 1,000's of voters
im posting songs for the first time in years so im not that sure about how things work here
rather than having 2 voter systems and a reviewer y not just have the rating atached to the review so if someones just rushing a "lie" it doesnt count
im an idiot rofl
to me its all about effort either be proud of your project or let some geeky internet obsessed chronic newgrounds lvler up guy ruin your experiance
i make music to make me happy even thought im not so sain
for the ppl out there who "hate" on other peoples music just cuz you afte some points that mean nothing in the real world :3 yall ned to stop having dem slurpeez of yours extra nutted and get a life lol
newgrounds a great website cuz even if the songs have bad ratngs there still there if 100 ppl vote for it right or maybe im wrong who knows correct me if im wrong.
Tom dont bann me !!!!!!


Hail Fiction

BBS Signature
PaulyBFromDa303
PaulyBFromDa303
  • Member since: Feb. 3, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 13
Musician
Response to Zerovoting and Exposure. 2008-08-07 19:42:46 Reply

Point proven. The defense rests sirs.

Chronamut
Chronamut
  • Member since: Oct. 9, 2003
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 43
Artist
Response to Zerovoting and Exposure. 2008-08-07 19:53:49 Reply

At 8/7/08 07:36 PM, nataSNoose wrote: a bunch of eubonics

honestly, is it too much to ask to type properly? If you can go through the trouble of writing "dat" and " der" and "hatin" and all those other stupid eubonics, is it so hard to type normally? Noone likes people that talk like that around here - and it will cause people to take you less seriously. A wise lesson on the internet AND in real life.

Suspended-3rd-Chord
Suspended-3rd-Chord
  • Member since: May. 3, 2007
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 12
Blank Slate
Response to Zerovoting and Exposure. 2008-08-08 00:33:35 Reply

It's spelled "ebonics". and it's just a language preference, the same way your favorite color can be blue, and the same way your sexual preference can be homosexual.

LiquidEvolution
LiquidEvolution
  • Member since: Jan. 6, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 12
Blank Slate
Response to Zerovoting and Exposure. 2008-08-08 01:49:09 Reply

At 8/7/08 07:06 PM, PaulStetich wrote: Liquid Evolution . . . you're stoned bro. But then you've always been an anti-stetich punk.

It seems no matter what I say its about 0-bombing.

I can say "Hi guys, I was born in Texas" and itll be me complaining about 0-bombing.

I dont care about 0-bombers anymore . . . if thres one thing I learned from this experience its that ppl will ACTUALLY LOOK THROUGH the audio portal, not the highest scoring ones.

In fact, I couldnt be happier! I been getting a lot of attention lately, a lot more than when my scores were all the way at 4.40. I guess the audio portal fans look at honesty and TRUE scores.

Liquid Evolution if you cant accept the fact that I've changed, then so be it. This isn't complaining. You see complaining applies to the emotions, stressed, depressed, anger, sadness. Me? I'm just happy.

But hey if you dont want anyone on newgrounds to be happy then so be it,

LADIES AND GENTLEMEN, Welcome!!!! This is the land of unhappy, where people hate you no matter what you do, where dreams are crushed by criticism, where people LOVE 0-bombers and hate the ones whove adapted to this change.

Yur funny, LOLZ LMAO ROFL and so forth.

Truth hurts doesn't it? Let's get a few facts straight.

"But then you've always been an anti-stetich punk." - Before this occasion, I had never even mentioned your name. And you're calling me the stoned one?

"It seems no matter what I say its about 0-bombing." - "If theres anything you guys taught me its that the audio forum is the survival of the fittest forum. The best way to be the fittest is to pwn the guys like Mr Whiny Face person who got 0-bombed and complains about it.".

"Liquid Evolution if you cant accept the fact that I've changed, then so be it." - The fact that you are still here, whining that you have changed and having ANOTHER tantrum kinda' proves you havn't mate.

You really want to prove me wrong. Then just stop complaining, full stop. The first time I quoted what you said. If you would have just said "Please, stop bitching" without the added attention crap at the bottom there, we wouldn't be in this mess now, would we? And this whole time, I've only been saying what I have been saying to make you realise this. But no, you have to take what I say personally and accuse me of attacking you. Sure, I might have said a few cruel things but hey, sometimes it gets the message across. And about all this not being complaining, maybe you should revise and choose your words in a wiser way because, complaining is all you've been doing. Complaining because I actually pulled on some heart strings. Anyways, that's enough about it. I don't want this turning into a flame war so, I hold no grudges and HELL, LET'S BE FRIENDS! if it will make you feel any better.


yea

Scribbler
Scribbler
  • Member since: Nov. 30, 2002
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 39
Musician
Response to Zerovoting and Exposure. 2008-08-08 02:38:54 Reply

Every time you vote zero, you should have to pay a penny. The catch is, it builds up. Every month you have to pay. Motherfuckers who are unaware will get repo'd... Done story.

nataSNoose
nataSNoose
  • Member since: Aug. 7, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 05
Blank Slate
Response to Zerovoting and Exposure. 2008-08-08 14:38:50 Reply

At 8/7/08 07:53 PM, Chronamut wrote:
At 8/7/08 07:36 PM, nataSNoose wrote: a bunch of eubonics
honestly, is it too much to ask to type properly? If you can go through the trouble of writing "dat" and " der" and "hatin" and all those other stupid eubonics, is it so hard to type normally? Noone likes people that talk like that around here - and it will cause people to take you less seriously. A wise lesson on the internet AND in real life.

text is just text
+ im listening to music as im going through forums.
stick to the topic rather than try to be smartass with your proper spelling.
people should get what i was typing, ever heard of hip-hop/ slang ??
you wouldnt correct people who are speaking to you in real life just cuz they sound improper.
your arrogant and rude
for attacking someones grammer through text,which since it's through the internet its even more pathetic and hilarious.
i type without looking so sometimes i miss keys.
doesnt mean you have to be a "hater"
i think your predigious. maybe even racist or a HUGE stereo typer.
america gives me the freedom of speach so i'll type on this computer how ever i please.
you talk like Adulf Hitler.
i thought the subject of this topic is about people who vote zero on the stuff people uploaded for blampoints.
guess not


Hail Fiction

BBS Signature