00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

SpeakyDooman just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Raveninsky's Official Art Thread

21,998 Views | 286 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Raveninsky's Official Art Thread 2011-07-07 00:17:10

I think it's Arthur's nose that is bothering you... it's angled too low now that I look at it again. Tomorrow I'll upload another one with a fixed nose and a pair of scaled heads... but that's tomorrow. That was around 4 hrs of work right thar.

Who are you?

My art thread.

BBS Signature

Response to Raveninsky's Official Art Thread 2011-07-07 00:26:15

At 7/7/11 12:17 AM, raveninskyprime wrote: I think it's Arthur's nose that is bothering you... it's angled too low now that I look at it again. Tomorrow I'll upload another one with a fixed nose and a pair of scaled heads... but that's tomorrow. That was around 4 hrs of work right thar.

Now that you mention it. Yes it's the nose.

Response to Raveninsky's Official Art Thread 2011-07-08 01:25:18

Well... what was going to be, "Ah, do a penciling of a page and then work on the cover again!" turned into, "Must... complete... penciling..." ... and it's still not complete. Grah...

That's what I get for doing a city scape.

Who are you?

My art thread.

BBS Signature

Response to Raveninsky's Official Art Thread 2011-07-08 12:46:27

At 7/8/11 01:25 AM, raveninskyprime wrote: That's what I get for doing a city scape.

The final result is quite a good one, though. If anything, the amount of detail in that one panel sort of puts the rest to shame; you've got to remember to keep quality and detail somewhat consistent throughout the page, at least, so it works in your favour more often then not.

Nice thread, man! If there's anything to say is that the circular heads you consistently draw kind of bother me.

Response to Raveninsky's Official Art Thread 2011-07-08 14:24:25

Ah yes, the circular heads. Probably the worst bad habbit I've developed out of everything. I'm glad you liked the city scape!

Who are you?

My art thread.

BBS Signature

Response to Raveninsky's Official Art Thread 2011-07-09 05:14:38

At 7/8/11 01:25 AM, raveninskyprime wrote: Well... what was going to be, "Ah, do a penciling of a page and then work on the cover again!" turned into, "Must... complete... penciling..." ... and it's still not complete. Grah...

That's what I get for doing a city scape.

Ahh this is awesome, the only thing that bugs me is the baby, for some reason he looks more developed than a actual baby, it might be the nose or the eyes maybe both. Or maybe nothing at all it is confusing me!

Art is vast as Love is deep, Trying to Explain the two is like trying to discover everything there is about the ocean.

My art thread

My comic thread

BBS Signature

Response to Raveninsky's Official Art Thread 2011-09-02 03:15:21

Yo, still alive and kicking. I just haven't been working as hard as I should to find time to draw... but I'm getting back into it.

If the page seems a little confusing it's because I started in the middle of the transcript, and the page before this one would help set the context better.

Just know that this guy is being grabbed by a strange object and altered by it.

Who are you?

My art thread.

BBS Signature

Response to Raveninsky's Official Art Thread 2011-09-02 03:17:07

Follow up to previous page...

Who are you?

My art thread.

BBS Signature

Response to Raveninsky's Official Art Thread 2011-09-02 03:22:27

Another page to follow...

Who are you?

My art thread.

BBS Signature

Response to Raveninsky's Official Art Thread 2011-09-02 03:26:30

This is the last one for now.

Who are you?

My art thread.

BBS Signature

Response to Raveninsky's Official Art Thread 2011-09-04 22:38:39

Woot. Progress continues. I'm still hoping to complete 5 pages a day.

Who are you?

My art thread.

BBS Signature

Response to Raveninsky's Official Art Thread 2011-09-05 00:11:34

At 9/4/11 10:38 PM, raveninskyprime wrote: Woot. Progress continues. I'm still hoping to complete 5 pages a day.

FIVE PAGES A DAY!?! You are a beast! Not complaining mind you. Comic looks great so far! Keep it coming.

BBS Signature

Response to Raveninsky's Official Art Thread 2011-09-05 01:11:08

Looking good! Keep it up!

Response to Raveninsky's Official Art Thread 2011-09-05 01:45:21

At 9/5/11 12:11 AM, Sockembop wrote:
At 9/4/11 10:38 PM, raveninskyprime wrote: Woot. Progress continues. I'm still hoping to complete 5 pages a day.
FIVE PAGES A DAY!?! You are a beast! Not complaining mind you. Comic looks great so far! Keep it coming.

OH SNAP!! Not a day, I'm sorry.... i meant a week. It certainly feels like I'm doing 5 a day (not in terms of progress but more tedious work load).

Who are you?

My art thread.

BBS Signature

Response to Raveninsky's Official Art Thread 2011-09-06 14:06:23

these are solid pages here man.

make sure you vary the panel size though (keeps things interesting)

Current Art Thread some NSFW (2022)

Past Art Thread (2013-2020)

**If you want to learn how to draw Direct Message me! I'm looking to teach people.**

BBS Signature

Response to Raveninsky's Official Art Thread 2011-09-07 01:28:20

I fully agree! I've been tampering with the panels in some of the earlier pages. For now I think I'll upload the official 'page 1' of the story.

Who are you?

My art thread.

BBS Signature

Response to Raveninsky's Official Art Thread 2011-09-09 00:45:28

Here is a sample of the 1st panel of page 2 in progress. Once this page is done, that will be the 10th completed page... 20 more for the 1st issue... 90 more for the whole story arch.

Who are you?

My art thread.

BBS Signature