deckheadtottie
deckheadtottie
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 59
Programmer
Response to Best of 2007 Award Winners! May. 31st, 2008 @ 02:03 PM Reply

A huge congratulations to the winners, you all deserved your "Tankies".

Don't listen to those whiny twats, they would have preferred if "Hot XXX Hentai Sim Date: 28" won in both categories.

#coys

BBS Signature
JordanD
JordanD
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 19
Artist
Response to Best of 2007 Award Winners! May. 31st, 2008 @ 02:05 PM Reply

At 5/31/08 04:12 AM, ZekeySpaceyLizard wrote:

Yeah. There's a difference. You were blaming Tom for the results of the vote. Which makes you ignorant. Not that it wasn't blatantly obvious.
There's a difference between "waah i dont like da results" and "waah i blame tom for this"

But what you're mixing up is, im not complaining. Im not BLAMING tom for anything, i was just stating my oppinion is all

Matt-Porter
Matt-Porter
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 41
Game Developer
Response to Best of 2007 Award Winners! May. 31st, 2008 @ 02:07 PM Reply

Awesome job winners, you all deserved it.
@whoever said the composer was lame, your just not mature enough to respect it, it's a great movie with a little more then just eye candy, watch it in a few years.

OdHero
OdHero
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Blank Slate
Response to Best of 2007 Award Winners! May. 31st, 2008 @ 02:08 PM Reply

Congrats Adam, Waterlollies was definetly your best work to date. And NG rumble was very fun, so I am perfectly happy with the winners. Everything nominated was great though and all nominees should feel pretty proud.

OdHero
OdHero
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Blank Slate
Response to Best of 2007 Award Winners! May. 31st, 2008 @ 02:12 PM Reply

At 5/31/08 12:51 PM, MakairaMazara wrote: With all due respect to Adam Phillips, I really think it's unfair that he is able to run in this contest. He is a professional animator while most of us are just hobbyists. It isn't right that we should have to be pitted against someone with such an advantage.

No. It's not unfair. He has practised animation and flash to a very high skill level, and worked incredibly hard on his own work. It's you that need to step up to the mark, the competition does not need to step down. Sorry, it sounds harsh, but that's the way it is.

MadnessQueen123
MadnessQueen123
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Blank Slate
Response to Best of 2007 Award Winners! May. 31st, 2008 @ 03:11 PM Reply

Congrats to all the winners! I never saw Waterlollies until it was announced as the winner and I thought after watching it, that it was definetely right to give it the Golden Tank. In contrast, I don't think NG Rumble should have won. It just felt like a generic brawl with no fancy twists or moves. However, this is only my opinion.

In court you have the right to remain silent. What many people lack is the capacity to do so!

"$4 million through a traffic jam how can you sell traffic jam for $4 million?"

MakairaMazara
MakairaMazara
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 16
Blank Slate
Response to Best of 2007 Award Winners! May. 31st, 2008 @ 03:17 PM Reply

At 5/31/08 02:12 PM, OdHero wrote:
No. It's not unfair. He has practised animation and flash to a very high skill level, and worked incredibly hard on his own work. It's you that need to step up to the mark, the competition does not need to step down. Sorry, it sounds harsh, but that's the way it is.

How does that make any sense? It's our fault we're too young to have had classes and work experience to practice our art? That's just inane.

deckheadtottie
deckheadtottie
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 59
Programmer
Response to Best of 2007 Award Winners! May. 31st, 2008 @ 03:46 PM Reply

At 5/31/08 03:17 PM, MakairaMazara wrote: How does that make any sense? It's our fault we're too young to have had classes and work experience to practice our art? That's just inane.

Dude, these are not some throw-away awards that you dish out to kids on sports day because "they're all winners". These awards are special, and should be given to people who produce the best "Crème de la crème" work.

There are plenty of other opportunities to win prizes on NG (collabs/monthly voting awards/portal awards etc.).

#coys

BBS Signature
Dungeecount
Dungeecount
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 12
Artist
Response to Best of 2007 Award Winners! May. 31st, 2008 @ 04:02 PM Reply

W00t! Congrats everyone!!!

areoman56
areoman56
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Blank Slate
Response to Best of 2007 Award Winners! May. 31st, 2008 @ 04:04 PM Reply

YAY!! ITS good that NG rumble has won its TOO COOL!

Madmanonfire
Madmanonfire
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 03
Blank Slate
Response to Best of 2007 Award Winners! May. 31st, 2008 @ 04:19 PM Reply

At 5/31/08 02:05 PM, Duchednier wrote:
But what you're mixing up is, im not complaining. Im not BLAMING tom for anything, i was just stating my oppinion is all

Don't worry about Zekey. He doesn't know the difference between "I disagree." and "You're wrong!". He thinks they mean the same thing.

Coop
Coop
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 59
Writer
Response to Best of 2007 Award Winners! May. 31st, 2008 @ 05:14 PM Reply

At 5/31/08 05:39 AM, f0d wrote: lmfao wow may i say you have horrifically awful taste in flash

There are two opinions about that. I'm prepared to continue disagreeing with you :P

if you cant see the unthinkable amount of work phillips put into waterlollies, you're fucking blind

I know it's had a hell of a lot of work put into it, but from what I saw with the way that the Bitey series has unfolded over its current plethora of episodes, I believe that he pushed the boundaries with the first few episodes. Maybe it's me saying that he doesn't deserve credit for this movie, because his progress in 'pushing the boundaries of Flash production' have progressed on an exponential scale, leveling out at Waterlollies.

Maybe it's also me saying that he deserved this award more for his work on Bitey of Brackenwood or Prowlies, for example, which were great and deserved the credit. I just didn't think this episode had the buzz of the rest of the series

At 5/31/08 05:43 AM, ZekeySpaceyLizard wrote:
At 5/31/08 05:33 AM, Coop83 wrote: OMG! Excuse me for being a little controversial, but how can such a dissapointing flash be voted the very best of 2007?!
you think THAT's controversial?

Ok, so it's not as controversial, as me saying that I deserve the award, because I'm the greatest guy in the world :P I am, by the way.

are you amish?

No, I'm English.

Will it ever end. Yes, all human endeavour is pointless ~ Bill Bailey
News
#StoryShift Author

BBS Signature
Fora
Fora
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 15
Blank Slate
Response to Best of 2007 Award Winners! May. 31st, 2008 @ 06:51 PM Reply

Thanks for the award tom :)

iyeru42
iyeru42
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 19
Gamer
Response to Best of 2007 Award Winners! May. 31st, 2008 @ 08:05 PM Reply

At 5/30/08 05:10 PM, lazyyMitch wrote: No big surprise.

I have to agree on that one; I was hoping Aladdin would win actually; serious shorts are good, but it seems "funny" in terms of demeaning others is even "better." *ahem*

mustarded35
mustarded35
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Blank Slate
Response to Best of 2007 Award Winners! May. 31st, 2008 @ 09:32 PM Reply

HOLY FUCK! I might be able to go cause I live in NY :D

Barrel roll time...
Holy shit

BBS Signature
John-The-Biter
John-The-Biter
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 16
Blank Slate
Response to Best of 2007 Award Winners! May. 31st, 2008 @ 10:18 PM Reply

I was hoping something other than Waterlollies would win...

Due to complaints about my last signature having the incorrect use of "there" I am now changing it to fuck you.

Luis
Luis
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Melancholy
Response to Best of 2007 Award Winners! May. 31st, 2008 @ 10:46 PM Reply

At 5/31/08 10:18 PM, John-The-Biter wrote: I was hoping something other than Waterlollies would win...

Theres always next year, personally i thought that the yuyu was a stronger movie than waterlollies. Anyway people who say that adam shouldnt even be allowed is kinda dumb... that would just go against the whole 'everything by everyone' mantra that the site is known for... may as well close the portal off to select people. Meh i think that despite waterlollies takin the tank, its an amazing feat that movies like metropolis circuit, aladdin, or stranger forest can go toe to toe with the professional circuit... regardless of what the outcome was this time i think that all those nominees probably walk away holding their head up. Matter of fact i think that its mostly the armchair quaterbacks of the site that are like super outragged about it.

None

Firebalt
Firebalt
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 14
Blank Slate
Response to Best of 2007 Award Winners! May. 31st, 2008 @ 11:44 PM Reply

I liked the results, Definatly 2 of the best submissions ever.

I disagree with all the people who say Adam shouldn't have won because he has studio experience. There are many other brilliant animations on newgrounds, and all the ones that were nominated were of a high standard. Adam Phillips work sets a bar, without brilliant animators like Phillips setting a high standard then the quality of the submissions to newgrounds would stagnate. Now it might be a little unfair if Mr Phillips ended up winning each year for the next couple of years. I think that its great that someone who has contributed his talents to newgrounds, and whos talents are of such a high calibre, has won.

.: The Audio Report :. - Artist interviews, songs, competitions and more.
The Audio Report official thread!
View the latest issue!

BBS Signature
Dopefish
Dopefish
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 54
Reader
Response to Best of 2007 Award Winners! May. 31st, 2008 @ 11:51 PM Reply

Hmm, not much of a fan of Waterlollies or any of David's movies to be honest. I was hoping for something/someone else to win, but I've lost touch with most of the artists and what's popular on this site anymore to really be concerned.

Grats all around anyway, apparently someone thinks you deserve it.

Have a lot of time on your hands? Want to help some starving children eat for free? Visit Free Rice and start playing today. Each correct answer donates 20 grains of rice!

BBS Signature
Dopefish
Dopefish
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 54
Reader
Response to Best of 2007 Award Winners! May. 31st, 2008 @ 11:53 PM Reply

At 5/31/08 11:51 PM, Dopefish wrote: David's movies

Shit, I mean Adam Phillips. For some reason I was thinking of David Firth... Whom I don't like either. Sorry guys.

Have a lot of time on your hands? Want to help some starving children eat for free? Visit Free Rice and start playing today. Each correct answer donates 20 grains of rice!

BBS Signature
DestroyedPencil
DestroyedPencil
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 17
Blank Slate
Response to Best of 2007 Award Winners! May. 31st, 2008 @ 11:56 PM Reply

WOW! I can't wait untl the 2008 Best Award winners!

Kingdom Hearts and Final Fantasy X- series are great! (Click on the links to see a picture of the game)

tvlinks4u
tvlinks4u
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to Best of 2007 Award Winners! Jun. 1st, 2008 @ 12:03 AM Reply

At 5/31/08 11:56 PM, DestroyedPencil wrote: WOW! I can't wait untl the 2008 Best Award winners!

me also its going to be awesome

Coolio-Niato
Coolio-Niato
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 28
Blank Slate
Response to Best of 2007 Award Winners! Jun. 1st, 2008 @ 12:10 AM Reply

GRATS TO ALL YOU SEXY BASTARDS. Although I already congratulated most of you already, I must say you guys of all of NG REALLY DESERVE IT.

I only hope I can be as awesome as you guys =) Thanks for the inspiration and creativity you have brought upon us.

Andrea364
Andrea364
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 19
Melancholy
Response to Best of 2007 Award Winners! Jun. 1st, 2008 @ 12:17 AM Reply

At 6/1/08 12:10 AM, Coolio-Niato wrote: GRATS TO ALL YOU SEXY BASTARDS. Although I already congratulated most of you already, I must say you guys of all of NG REALLY DESERVE IT.

I only hope I can be as awesome as you guys =) Thanks for the inspiration and creativity you have brought upon us.

No worries, I'm addicted to a lot of your submissions, so you should have no problem being as awesome, or even better. There's really no telling.

Anyways, like Coolio-Niato said, Gratz to the winners. You guys deserved it for all your hard work.

Like medieval war games? Join me in Tribal Wars W74!

BBS Signature
tvlinks4u
tvlinks4u
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Blank Slate
ZekeySpaceyLizard
ZekeySpaceyLizard
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 25
Blank Slate
Response to Best of 2007 Award Winners! Jun. 1st, 2008 @ 01:21 AM Reply

At 5/31/08 04:19 PM, Madmanonfire wrote:
Don't worry about Zekey. He doesn't know the difference between "I disagree." and "You're wrong!". He thinks they mean the same thing.

Aren't you that poor troll alt account that goes around talking about how sprites are the best form of animation on newgrounds and then change your opinion moments later for the sake of causing drama?

Yeah, that'd be you.

MakairaMazara
MakairaMazara
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 16
Blank Slate
Response to Best of 2007 Award Winners! Jun. 1st, 2008 @ 01:29 AM Reply

At 5/31/08 10:46 PM, Luis wrote: Theres always next year, personally i thought that the yuyu was a stronger movie than waterlollies. Anyway people who say that adam shouldnt even be allowed is kinda dumb... that would just go against the whole 'everything by everyone' mantra that the site is known for... may as well close the portal off to select people. Meh i think that despite waterlollies takin the tank, its an amazing feat that movies like metropolis circuit, aladdin, or stranger forest can go toe to toe with the professional circuit... regardless of what the outcome was this time i think that all those nominees probably walk away holding their head up. Matter of fact i think that its mostly the armchair quaterbacks of the site that are like super outragged about it.

I'm sorry, Luis, but I have to disagree. Some of these artists won't get second chances. Like I have said. Many of us do not have jobs and went to college to learn animation skills, and those who made entries this year may never have another good chance. I don't see how anyone could make it seem fair, and don't give me the "everything by everyone" We wouldn't've been denying him from posting his movies, he could always do that. I just think that an award like that would mean much more to someone like us, who just do this for fun, and get appreciated for putting some hard work into it. I doubt a ridiculously large metal trinket is really going to inspire Mr. Phillips as much as it would one of us.

This is meaning no disrespect to Mr. Phillips, I enjoy his movies wholeheartedly, and I expect to enjoy them because he's had that much more experience and practice to give us good quality flash.

MakairaMazara
MakairaMazara
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 16
Blank Slate
Response to Best of 2007 Award Winners! Jun. 1st, 2008 @ 01:31 AM Reply

Also I liked Tomas et la Fraise more than your picks :3

Luis
Luis
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Melancholy
Response to Best of 2007 Award Winners! Jun. 1st, 2008 @ 03:10 AM Reply

At 6/1/08 01:29 AM, MakairaMazara wrote: This is meaning no disrespect to Mr. Phillips, I enjoy his movies wholeheartedly, and I expect to enjoy them because he's had that much more experience and practice to give us good quality flash.

That is a disrespect tho.. so he may as well not even be allowed to submit to the portal?

so when anyone wants to submit they have to deny any sense of having any professional ties to the scene?

that seems kind of silly dont you think... i mean what if adam never said he was affiliated with disney.. that would totally change things wouldnt it? meh its all hindsight now but i mean cmon... suppose he naturally learned everything (maybe he did... its not like theres an exodus of disney people suddenly floodin the portal)

None

JackPhantasm
JackPhantasm
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 37
Blank Slate
Response to Best of 2007 Award Winners! Jun. 1st, 2008 @ 03:13 AM Reply

Waterlollies was eyecandy.