New Topic Respond to this Topic
Elfer
Elfer
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 38
Blank Slate
Response to Do less work, get better grades. Apr. 11th, 2009 @ 07:28 PM Reply

At 4/9/09 09:42 PM, crapatflash wrote: Less work, better grades? i won't even bother reading your tips. it's like saying, drive car more, use less petrol. it doesn't work

N.B. drive car more, use less petrol

JoCro
JoCro
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 06
Blank Slate
Response to Do less work, get better grades. Jul. 15th, 2009 @ 09:23 AM Reply

At 4/9/09 09:42 PM, crapatflash wrote: Less work, better grades? i won't even bother reading your tips. it's like saying, drive car more, use less petrol. it doesn't work

I think I'll resurrect this thread by calling you an idiot. Work does not equal grades, work is used to achieve grades. This guy's idea is that by more efficiently using the same or a smaller amount of work, the same or better results can be achieved.

So, in your petrol analogy, you can keep driving that beat up old Ford until the wheels fall off, which they will; the OP is handing out a Toyota Prius to anyone who feels like getting their shit together. So, less work does = better grades.

Oh, and I almost forgot. You're a friggin' idiot.

DikkeHamster
DikkeHamster
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Blank Slate
Response to Do less work, get better grades. Jul. 24th, 2009 @ 08:11 AM Reply

Elfer, you got it all wrong, that's not lazy, that's freakin' working your ass off!

BBS Signature
Rayfram3
Rayfram3
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 15
Blank Slate
Response to Do less work, get better grades. Jul. 24th, 2009 @ 08:43 AM Reply

This is actually exactly what I need. I've been doing lazy all year, and now the shit comes back stabbing me in the back. But I think this can really improve my studying. You have my thanks.

Lost-Wisdom
Lost-Wisdom
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 31
Blank Slate
Response to Do less work, get better grades. Jul. 24th, 2009 @ 08:54 AM Reply

Bookmarked, a lot of fine points you got written there, and lots of them are true.

I'll probably use this as reference when I get to College.

Thanks.

Everything I see is just a image of my thoughts "Always looking for a better day..."
What's your fastest reaction time?
-[Audiosurf Club]-

BBS Signature
GeneralAC
GeneralAC
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 17
Blank Slate
Response to Do less work, get better grades. Jul. 24th, 2009 @ 09:19 AM Reply

I actually read all of this surprisingly.

This post was valuable.

UndergroundOnly
UndergroundOnly
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 05
Blank Slate
Response to Do less work, get better grades. Jul. 24th, 2009 @ 09:25 AM Reply

i wish i woulda read this before i got expelled from highschool 4 months ago, good shit though

BBS Signature
Capar21Isay
Capar21Isay
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Blank Slate
Response to Do less work, get better grades. Jul. 24th, 2009 @ 09:28 AM Reply

Nice advice to all!I can do that thing also!

Fuck yea!!!Some cool flashes are fucking awesome!!!

Click here to scout at him

Xurch
Xurch
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 25
Blank Slate
Response to Do less work, get better grades. Jul. 24th, 2009 @ 09:30 AM Reply

Bookmarked, ill need this for my final year at uni. I am always all over the place when it comes to studying and achieving a desired outcome.

I read the first few headers, its good stuff. Alot of the stuff I go over in my head but makes more sense when its written.

BBS Signature
1Stalker1
1Stalker1
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 10
Blank Slate
Response to Do less work, get better grades. Oct. 2nd, 2009 @ 03:15 AM Reply

I dont think those who cant study will study this, since they dont study.

Anyway, you made a great work =) and it is true.

BBS Signature
tom641
tom641
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 10
Gamer
Response to Do less work, get better grades. Oct. 2nd, 2009 @ 03:20 AM Reply

At 5/30/08 09:56 AM, Objection wrote:
At 5/30/08 09:55 AM, Mad wrote:
At 5/30/08 09:43 AM, Bobbyballer wrote: how do i get a A++++ on inglish
your a lost cause if you can't spell English
You're not much better if you don't know how to use 'your' and 'you're'.

You can't talk. Cause nobody likes a grammer nazi.

BBS Signature
paradox9
paradox9
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Blank Slate
Response to Do less work, get better grades. Oct. 2nd, 2009 @ 04:15 AM Reply

psychologically, everyone learns differently so its not possible to do something in general

Elfer
Elfer
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 38
Blank Slate
Response to Do less work, get better grades. Nov. 9th, 2009 @ 02:52 PM Reply

At 10/2/09 04:15 AM, paradox9 wrote: psychologically, everyone learns differently so its not possible to do something in general

One of my main tips was the figure out your own learning style as quickly as possible, instead of listening to other people telling you how to learn.

This guide is about a low-maintenance organization system.

XPWN
XPWN
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 06
Blank Slate
Response to Do less work, get better grades. Nov. 19th, 2009 @ 05:31 AM Reply

thiss seems like a lot of work, but all the hard work is in the begining(the get your shit in order)
the rest is your lifestyle

wow i can't believe i made this below

BBS Signature
Jon
Jon
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 40
Blank Slate
Response to Do less work, get better grades. Nov. 19th, 2009 @ 07:02 AM Reply

I read your post and the rest of the first and second page, appreciating the gesture you're a help to loads.

I seek advice, though. In my college I had originally applied for an IT course, though ended up in TV/Film Media Studies through awkward circumstance. I lack interest in the course, dropping out is an option, though the least beneficial one, but on the other hand, I haven't been to college properly for at least a week and a half because I simply have no interest in studying film genres and what not. I'd love to apply your post to my situation, but alas, struggling.

hello

Elfer
Elfer
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 38
Blank Slate
Response to Do less work, get better grades. Nov. 19th, 2009 @ 09:06 AM Reply

At 11/19/09 07:02 AM, wreckages wrote: I seek advice, though. In my college I had originally applied for an IT course, though ended up in TV/Film Media Studies through awkward circumstance. I lack interest in the course, dropping out is an option, though the least beneficial one, but on the other hand, I haven't been to college properly for at least a week and a half because I simply have no interest in studying film genres and what not. I'd love to apply your post to my situation, but alas, struggling.

I have no idea how that sort of course change could happen by accident, but don't bother continuing with that degree if you're not interested in it. It's certainly not worth the amount of money and effort you'd have to spend on it.

You could switch majors again, or you could enroll at a more vocational college, where they basically just train you to do a job. In particular, if there's any trades that you're interested in, you should go for that, because you can make a shit-ton of money. The trade programs are EXTREMELY underrated. While people might think that they're for chumps right now, think about where you'll be five years from now as say, a successful plumber, compared to someone with a degree in film studies.

Alphabit
Alphabit
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Blank Slate
Response to Do less work, get better grades. Nov. 19th, 2009 @ 09:27 AM Reply

My method of learning is by reading. I need to see it on paper.
Also, I need to understand the purpose of things in order to remember them. If it doesn't have a purpose, then my brain is going to try to get rid of it very quickly.

Bla

Jon
Jon
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 40
Blank Slate
Response to Do less work, get better grades. Nov. 19th, 2009 @ 09:56 AM Reply

At 11/19/09 09:06 AM, Elfer wrote: I have no idea how that sort of course change could happen by accident, but don't bother continuing with that degree if you're not interested in it. It's certainly not worth the amount of money and effort you'd have to spend on it.

The misplacement was because the original courses were full and I had "no other choice", basically, I was fucked around upon enrollment. Though, spending money on the course is no issue, as we don't pay tuition in England.

You could switch majors again, or you could enroll at a more vocational college, where they basically just train you to do a job. In particular, if there's any trades that you're interested in, you should go for that, because you can make a shit-ton of money. The trade programs are EXTREMELY underrated. While people might think that they're for chumps right now, think about where you'll be five years from now as say, a successful plumber, compared to someone with a degree in film studies.

I had tried switching courses a few weeks ago, which was supposedly the "Final Deadline", though most courses turned me down due to it being too late, I had been trying to persevere ever since. I doubt starting a new college this late would be do-able, and the workload to catch up on would be immense. But you're right, I would feel like a right chump dropping it for that.

hello

Ericho
Ericho
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 43
Movie Buff
Response to Do less work, get better grades. Nov. 19th, 2009 @ 12:21 PM Reply

My best tips would be to take a lot of notes during what happens. If the teacher writes information on the board, be sure to copy it down. If nothing else, make sure you get the powerpoints and look at the course data frequently.

You know the world's gone crazy when the best rapper's a white guy and the best golfer's a black guy - Chris Rock

blazer133
blazer133
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 18
Artist
Response to Do less work, get better grades. Nov. 19th, 2009 @ 12:28 PM Reply

Interesting... very intersting.

NEVER FORGET

BBS Signature
Rule
Rule
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 43
Blank Slate
Response to Do less work, get better grades. Nov. 19th, 2009 @ 12:31 PM Reply

Good list, I'm a college student myself, and I agree with basically all of the headers on the list. I don't have a job, and I hate asking money from my parents. Usually, when I get groceries, they tend to spoil fast and I usually have late classes, so I end up eating out, which spends money fast. I'm also a visual arts major, so I have to buy a lot of materials for classes which takes a toll on my debit card. To keep a good balance, sometimes, I just have to not eat breakfast, and hope I could hold the hunger out 'till I get home. After seeing this list, I think that's why I'm having such a hard time at the general courses like Math and Science. I usually get good grades, but this semester, I feel like I'm slipping.

Elfer
Elfer
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 38
Blank Slate
Response to Do less work, get better grades. Nov. 20th, 2009 @ 02:21 PM Reply

At 11/19/09 12:31 PM, Rule wrote: Usually, when I get groceries, they tend to spoil fast and I usually have late classes, so I end up eating out, which spends money fast.

I try to avoid eating out as much as possible. A good way to save time is to cook enough for a few meals, then refrigerate or, if possible, freeze any leftovers.

While you have to stock up on most kinds of produce on a weekly basis, there's a lot of stuff you can buy that keeps for a fairly long time with little maintenance. For example, I buy meat in fairly large packages, then put it into ziploc bags (to prevent freezer burn) in smaller portions, then freeze it. Just keep an eye on your fresh food and make sure you cook anything that's getting past prime (i.e. try to cook what you have, rather than picking up stuff for what you had an idea to cook).

As a side note, if you have a blender, overripe fruit is perfect for smoothies because it's so sweet but has crappy texture.

bifgis
bifgis
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 45
Blank Slate
Response to Do less work, get better grades. Nov. 20th, 2009 @ 03:11 PM Reply

This is a lot more applicable to eng studies than essay writing courses, but still makes sense. Some courses, however, you just dont' have to go to, and the best advice by far is: understand, dont' memorize. It means you can derive everything by just showing up for tests :D