Be a Supporter!
bismuthfeldspar
bismuthfeldspar
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Blank Slate
Response to Che Guevvara May. 10th, 2012 @ 09:15 AM Reply

At 5/10/12 03:35 AM, Tony-DarkGrave wrote: but still better than what it was 40 years ago when Che was around and not under communist rule. if it werent for the rest they would still be on herbal remedies and prayer healing. at least now they have some access to better care electricity etc.

Places like Afghanistan, Somalia and the DRC they don't have any form of negotiation, if there's any kind of dispute someone has to go, they don't phone their lawyer they just reach for their ak47. So how can you expect freedom to exist in a situation where people do not even talk things through? You need to first allow a Hobbesian leviathan to put some order and allow things to settle.

We should have conducted an intelligence evaluation of the various warlords and power groups in the Taliban and decided to secretly back some of them in exchange for Osama's head on a platter, if any of them were stuck up fanatics who are willing to sacrifice power for pig headed superstition then they will lose power and be silently dispatched by some upstart or defeated by a rival in a blitz style raid fueled by American assistance. Believe me, Osama would have been invited to some Mullah's tent who he believed to be a friend only for all his followers to be butchered and himself beaten and dragged off to be used as a bargaining chip with the US. Then the northern alliance would form it's own little state tied to Kazakhstan and other succesful central asian states while Pashtun Afghanistan would become an Islamic dictatorship which we could gradually spread capitalism into through it's economic ties with Pakistan.

Tony-DarkGrave
Tony-DarkGrave
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 42
Programmer
Response to Che Guevvara May. 10th, 2012 @ 02:16 PM Reply

At 5/10/12 09:15 AM, bismuthfeldspar wrote: Places like Afghanistan, Somalia and the DRC they don't have any form of negotiation, if there's any kind of dispute someone has to go, they don't phone their lawyer they just reach for their ak47. So how can you expect freedom to exist in a situation where people do not even talk things through? You need to first allow a Hobbesian leviathan to put some order and allow things to settle.

what the fuck are you talking about I am talking about Standards of Living through foreign influence, not human rights in the middle east.

We should have conducted an intelligence evaluation of the various warlords and power groups in the Taliban and decided to secretly back some of them in exchange for Osama's head on a platter, if any of them were stuck up fanatics who are willing to sacrifice power for pig headed superstition then they will lose power and be silently dispatched by some upstart or defeated by a rival in a blitz style raid fueled by American assistance. Believe me, Osama would have been invited to some Mullah's tent who he believed to be a friend only for all his followers to be butchered and himself beaten and dragged off to be used as a bargaining chip with the US. Then the northern alliance would form it's own little state tied to Kazakhstan and other succesful central asian states while Pashtun Afghanistan would become an Islamic dictatorship which we could graduallyspread capitalism into through it's economic ties with Pakistan.

and this had to do with anything why? once again off topic and nothing about OBL jesus christ are you paying attention to the topic or did you post in the wrong thread?

bismuthfeldspar
bismuthfeldspar
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Blank Slate
Response to Che Guevvara May. 10th, 2012 @ 03:20 PM Reply

At 5/10/12 02:16 PM, Tony-DarkGrave wrote: I am talking about Standards of Living through foreign influence, not human rights in the middle east.

Endemic warfare is strongly related to low standards of living.

and this had to do with anything why?

All these countries are wartorn and undeveloped, what happens in Afghanistan gives insights into what happens in Sudan, Somalia and the Congo.

Not sure how you can't see how they are related.

Tony-DarkGrave
Tony-DarkGrave
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 42
Programmer
Response to Che Guevvara May. 10th, 2012 @ 04:15 PM Reply

At 5/10/12 03:20 PM, bismuthfeldspar wrote: Not sure how you can't see how they are related.

by talking about OBL? pff. our troops are still helping build infrastructure for them.

Saren
Saren
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Blank Slate
Response to Che Guevvara May. 12th, 2012 @ 09:44 AM Reply

he is a coward and a communist and he is overrated i fucking hate that guy

Just chillin'

Tony-DarkGrave
Tony-DarkGrave
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 42
Programmer
Response to Che Guevvara May. 12th, 2012 @ 04:58 PM Reply

At 5/12/12 09:44 AM, Saren wrote: he is a coward and a communist and he is overrated i fucking hate that guy

if he didn't, have his death squads to back him up he would retreat like a bitch
ironically when he preached about dying for the "revolution". it only took the CIA to capture him and cap his ass.

DoctorStrongbad
DoctorStrongbad
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 54
Blank Slate
Response to Che Guevvara May. 17th, 2012 @ 03:12 PM Reply

At 5/12/12 09:44 AM, Saren wrote: he is a coward and a communist and he is overrated i fucking hate that guy

I totally agree. I hate people that wear his shirts or have his posters in their room.

I have a PhD in Troll Physics
Top Medal points user list. I am number 12

Warforger
Warforger
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 06
Blank Slate
Response to Che Guevvara May. 17th, 2012 @ 10:41 PM Reply

At 5/10/12 03:20 PM, bismuthfeldspar wrote: All these countries are wartorn and undeveloped, what happens in Afghanistan gives insights into what happens in Sudan, Somalia and the Congo.

Not sure how you can't see how they are related.

The difference is that Afghanistan has been invaded by two super powers in the last 40 years, it's gone from a Republic to Communism to a Fundamentalist state in the space of 30 years on its own. Sudan isn't like that, while its outlying provinces aren't stable like Darfur and the seceded South Sudan it's main provinces are stable. It's basically like the Yugoslavia debacle but in Africa. The Congo is completely different to the rest, whereas Afghanistan, Sudan and Somalia were stable for the late 1900's it became unstable soon after it was given independence.

"If you don't mind smelling like peanut butter for two or three days, peanut butter is darn good shaving cream.
" - Barry Goldwater.

BBS Signature