00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

RhubarbRumble just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Cinema Club

433,141 Views | 5,739 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Cinema Club 2012-04-27 07:36:12

My favorite movie is probably Superbad and 30 Minutes or Less. Those two aren't like those movies with the best ratings, but movies like that is definintly my favorite.

Response to Cinema Club 2012-04-28 00:40:08

My fave movie is Encino Man with pauly shore <3
He was a cutie in it. XD

Btw has anyone of chu guys in this cinema club ever played/acted in a movie? :D

Myspace

Website Coming SoonPurevolume

<BR>Perfection Confection Sugar, you can use it on babies.

BBS Signature

Response to Cinema Club 2012-04-28 11:25:28

I just came back from watching The Avengers.

I don't entirely agree with the 8.9 score it currently has on IMDB, but for a blockbuster I think it's very good. The action scenes are spectacular, there's plenty of humour and basically it contains all you wish for in an action flick. Along with that the film has a great cast. I think Robert Downey Jr. stole the show, but I like how they gave all the heroes an equal amount of screen time and an equally important role in the plot.

My only complaints are that the plot wasn't much special and Loki turned out to be a bit lame as the main villain.

Anyway, the film is well worth checking out. If you're in for a good blockbuster, definitely go see this.

[Forum, Portal and Icon Mod]

Wi/Ht? #36 // Steam: Auz

The Top 100 Reviewers List (Last updated: 5 May 2018)

BBS Signature

Response to Cinema Club 2012-04-30 16:42:01

At 4/28/12 11:25 AM, Auz wrote: I just came back from watching The Avengers.

I don't entirely agree with the 8.9 score it currently has on IMDB, but for a blockbuster I think it's very good. The action scenes are spectacular, there's plenty of humour and basically it contains all you wish for in an action flick. Along with that the film has a great cast. I think Robert Downey Jr. stole the show, but I like how they gave all the heroes an equal amount of screen time and an equally important role in the plot.

My only complaints are that the plot wasn't much special and Loki turned out to be a bit lame as the main villain.

Anyway, the film is well worth checking out. If you're in for a good blockbuster, definitely go see this.

Glad to hear something positive about it, considering that my dad's gonna take me to see it in a couple days. Also, I saw Iron Man 2 last night, and I have to admit that it was pretty awesome. I think that the only thing I really didn't like was how short the final battle was. It was awesome, but VERY short.

" Finding originality on newgrounds is like reaching into a fishbowl and saying that you're fishing" -Natick

Check out my Reddit, dudes.

Response to Cinema Club 2012-05-02 10:50:48

I watched Mesrine part one and am waiting for part two.

I also watched Stakeland and the Horde, which were both cool, and Bodyguards and Assassins, which was entertaining, but could have been a lot better. It still had some great action scenes.

sig by JaY11

Letterboxd

one of the four horsemen of the Metal Hell

BBS Signature

Response to Cinema Club 2012-05-03 22:48:48

watched Mesrine part two. awesome.

sig by JaY11

Letterboxd

BBS Signature

Response to Cinema Club 2012-05-04 14:01:17

I watched the Avengers and really enjoyed it. Great action, special effects, and dialogue. I highly recommend this film. I an going to watch it again this weekend.

I have a PhD in Troll Physics

Top Medal points user list. I am number 12

BBS Signature

Response to Cinema Club 2012-05-05 06:55:54

Yesterday I watched Iron Sky. It was really an amazing film - really! The best thing with the movie is that it's so diffrent from anyone else's. If you like movies like Star Wars (etc..), nazis and a little diffrent movies, go watch it now.

Response to Cinema Club 2012-05-06 18:41:31

I love Masters of Cinema. I've been buying their blu-rays blind and have yet to see a bad film, and it's mostly stuff I'd have never considered watching.

Watched Punishment Park and Lifeboat this weekend. Both were fantastic. Lifeboat was actually the first Hitchcock film I've ever seen. I'll definitely be watching more of his stuff, as well as Peter Watkins' other films. Punishment Park is DECADES a head of it's time, and apparently he has another similar short film about nuclear war, which sounds great.

Formerly TheMaster | PSN: Absurd-Ditties | Steam | Letterboxd

BBS Signature

Response to Cinema Club 2012-05-08 07:45:28

Watched Super yesterday.

Strange film, not bad and great at times - strange is definitely the best word to describe it. It goes from depressing to funny in the blink of an eye and the main character manages to generate a huge amount of sympathy with what seems like very little effort. There's a lot of violence that usually works well. Ellen Page is a great and Kevin Bacon puts in good showing.

The plot just about holds up but there's a few scenes that are weird to watch. The whole "hand of god" thing just about works, although it's one of the films weaker scenes. There's also some really awkward romantic chemistry between the two leads that just feels horrible to watch.

I'd say it's definitely worth watching, because it's hard to review and discuss without seeing it from start to finish. If you enjoyed Kick-Ass, Scott Pilgrim and that sort of thing then you should check Super out.

|| Portfolio || Facebook || Twitter ||

BBS Signature

Response to Cinema Club 2012-05-10 19:43:51

I watched Troma's War, which was awesomely terrible. And I re-watched Nightwatch and then saw Daywatch. not bad.

At 5/7/12 01:46 PM, VictorKorg wrote: I'm not sure yet if this is true, but seems like Forest Whitaker just signed in.

hah. Yeah, right.

sig by JaY11

Letterboxd

BBS Signature

Response to Cinema Club 2012-05-11 10:55:04

I watchedLady Eve
For the first time and I was not impressed, It was given lots of high rating's but it seems typical and over used.
nothing in it really kept it a classic.
I do how ever love all of Vincent Prices movie's because all his movies have his own little twist and his accent is so unique and different from what I've heard before.

I also love Dick Van Dyke Quite a lot, his movies are wonderful.
I can't seem to bare the new movie's that are out now, like I did watch the lorax it was alright but it was so typical nothing in it made it memorable.
I didn't really enjoy how the characters looked either it seemed very typical for a 3d movie of this era.
It did have a sweet and soft story to it though,and the voice actors were very good, I'll give them that, but It's not something I'd want to watch again.

Myspace

Website Coming SoonPurevolume

<BR>Perfection Confection Sugar, you can use it on babies.

BBS Signature

Response to Cinema Club 2012-05-12 10:26:18

I went to see Dark Shadows today. The latest Burton / Depp film.

While it's not bad, I have to say that I didn't enjoy it. The first 30 minutes were fairly promising, but after that I just wasn't really sure what Tim Burton wanted to do with this film. I mean, there were some pretty dramatic sideplots, particularly the one involving Victoria Winters, but while they were quite interesting they didn't really get much attention. Instead, there was lots of comedy relief with Johnny Depp and eventually I just wondered whether this is supposed to be a comedy or a drama film or... something in between perhaps...?

For a comedy film it wasn't that funny and the comedy kind of overshadowed the dramatic scenes, so it just doesn't really work. I think the film would've turned out way better if Tim Burton stuck to a more serious plot.

Anyway, I don't recommend this film. Not even if you're a big fan of Johnny Depp or Tim Burton.

BBS Signature

Response to Cinema Club 2012-05-12 19:52:43

Zombieland 2? hope it's good.

Lethal Weapon 5? no way will this be good.

Gangster Squad? This movie better be freaking great. what a cast.

Killer Joe looks good, plus it's directed by Friedkin.

sig by JaY11

Letterboxd

BBS Signature

Response to Cinema Club 2012-05-13 02:04:41

Saw the Avengers again this weekend. It is the best film in the theaters.

BBS Signature

Response to Cinema Club 2012-05-13 04:49:54

Watched Cell 211 the other night. Haven't got time to go into depth, but it was a fantastic film. Spanish films are quickly becoming my favourite foreign movies and this one was up there with the best of them. Good plot, great acting, excellent tension and a terrific ending. One of the best prison films, period. If you don't mind subtitles (and I hope as cinema fans the majority of you don't) then check this out.

|| Portfolio || Facebook || Twitter ||

BBS Signature

Response to Cinema Club 2012-05-16 13:38:25

At 5/13/12 04:49 AM, DannyIsOnFire wrote: Watched Cell 211 the other night. Haven't got time to go into depth, but it was a fantastic film.

Yep, it's quite a good movie. I don't really understand why that one actor decided to sound like a frog, but he still gave a good performance.

sig by JaY11

Letterboxd

BBS Signature

Response to Cinema Club 2012-05-17 16:34:06

I went to see The Dictator today.

It has some okay moments. The film did give me a chuckle here and there, but for the most part I think the humour is very corny and predictable. I have to say though that there were lots of people in the audience who genuinely seemed to have a good time, so I guess it just depends on your sense of humour.

I think if you liked Cohen's earlier work then you'll like this film too. If you don't care much for his films then really don't bother with this one.

BBS Signature

Response to Cinema Club 2012-05-19 15:09:26

At 5/17/12 04:34 PM, Auz wrote: I went to see The Dictator today.

I saw the Dictator or Borat 2: The return of the jokes. I was very disappointed. Cohen was very lucky that Borat was a success. The dictator seems lazy and contains recycled jokes. Do yourself a favor and do not see this film.

BBS Signature

Response to Cinema Club 2012-05-19 19:29:54

I watched Withnail and I. A lot of people praise this movie, but I thought it was just okay. There were a few amusing moments, but I wasn't that entertained.

sig by JaY11

Letterboxd

BBS Signature

Response to Cinema Club 2012-05-22 23:03:52

hey guys, i want to start a little discussion...

which do you like better? the indiana jones films or blade runner?

the indiana jones series is harrisson ford kicking ass for pretty much nameless, but interesting characters in a variety of settings with fun, physical action, creative plots, and generally nice tributes to serials.

blade runner is a beautiful and clever way to watch 2 hours of Harrison Ford getting his ass kicked terribly and losing at the end, but being given mercy by the great threat, defying all cinematic cliches, and giving example to incredible visual effects and original story.

which would you like more?

HI HOW ARE YOU?

Response to Cinema Club 2012-05-22 23:53:29

I love the Indiana Jones movies, but I'm going with Blade Runner.

sig by JaY11

Letterboxd

BBS Signature

Response to Cinema Club 2012-05-23 02:47:06

At 5/22/12 11:53 PM, Sense-Offender wrote: I love the Indiana Jones movies, but I'm going with Blade Runner.

just because i found the fact that a random major villain came in too late, and he gives harrison the win beause he felt sorry for him instead of developing random compassion, i have to give it to the indie movies. they felt more fun and casual while holding down good and interesting plots, though the 4th never took advantage of clever locations, i still enjoyed it.

HI HOW ARE YOU?

Response to Cinema Club 2012-05-23 13:14:46

I watched Born to Fight, a Thai action movie from the director of the Ong Bak movies. It was pretty kickass.

sig by JaY11

Letterboxd

BBS Signature

Response to Cinema Club 2012-05-23 16:18:22

At 5/22/12 11:03 PM, dante224 wrote: which do you like better? the indiana jones films or blade runner?

That's a bit of a tough choice and in my opinion these films aren't really comparable (unless you were to compare Ford's performance).

Anyway, I liked all these films and I wouldn't mind giving them another watch. The Indiana Jones films are on TV quite often though, so at the moment I'm more interested in rewatching Blade Runner.

BBS Signature

Response to Cinema Club 2012-05-23 17:51:51

http://uk.ign.com/articles/2012/05/18/neeson-talks-taken-2

Taken 2 details. Which subtitle do you guys prefer for this? "Taken 2: Far" or "Taken 2: The Limit"

At 5/23/12 02:47 AM, dante224 wrote: just because i found the fact that a random major villain came in too late, and he gives harrison the win beause he felt sorry for him instead of developing random compassion

The point is that by sparing his life Batty, a Replicant, proves to be more "human" than Deckard. As good as Raiders and The Last Crusade are, they're just not in the same league as Blade Runner.

Formerly TheMaster | PSN: Absurd-Ditties | Steam | Letterboxd

BBS Signature

Response to Cinema Club 2012-05-24 13:13:41

sig by JaY11

Letterboxd

BBS Signature

Response to Cinema Club 2012-05-25 12:05:22

At 5/24/12 01:13 PM, Sense-Offender wrote: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kHXRyTwsTQc

Haha, nice.

" Finding originality on newgrounds is like reaching into a fishbowl and saying that you're fishing" -Natick

Check out my Reddit, dudes.

Response to Cinema Club 2012-05-25 21:46:02

At 5/24/12 01:13 PM, Sense-Offender wrote: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kHXRyTwsTQc

uahhhgghhh

HI HOW ARE YOU?

Response to Cinema Club 2012-05-27 10:28:30

I checked out Men in Black III today.

A pretty entertaining film overall and I loved Will Smith as agent J. The plot is nothing too special, but good enough for this film and I like the references to historical events and pop culture.

I think fans of the former films won't be disappointed with this one.

BBS Signature