00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

MoxKatt just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Cinema Club

432,725 Views | 5,739 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Cinema Club 2008-11-11 18:20:28

At 11/11/08 03:42 AM, PenisClown wrote: Have you seen the other Futurama movies? They were great too, the first one I liked a bit more than the second though.

Yeah, I loved the first one, but I can't recall the second one very well because I was pretty out of it when I saw it.

sig by JaY11

Letterboxd

one of the four horsemen of the Metal Hell

BBS Signature

Response to Cinema Club 2008-11-12 05:56:09

At 11/11/08 06:20 PM, Sense-Offender wrote:
At 11/11/08 03:42 AM, PenisClown wrote: Have you seen the other Futurama movies? They were great too, the first one I liked a bit more than the second though.
Yeah, I loved the first one, but I can't recall the second one very well because I was pretty out of it when I saw it.

Hahaha, well it was pretty fucked up. Atleast there was no singing.

Fuck I hated the singing in the first one.

Metal Hell.

Pill pop a dope a well run general hash pump a gonna led.

BBS Signature

Response to Cinema Club 2008-11-13 11:40:49

Went to the cinema to see Saw V last night. It was enjoyable, but slightly predicable ending. Definitely conducive to a 6th movie. Go see it with some friends if you enjoyed the other Saw films.

BBS Signature

Response to Cinema Club 2008-11-20 16:18:25

Yeah, I really liked Sin City.

I've seen a few movies since I last posted here. I'm trying to remember....There was Mongol, which was very entertaining and badass. How historically accurate it is, I don't know, but I really enjoyed it.

And I saw Barton Fink, which was great, though it has quite a lot of symbolism that asks to be analyzed. It was pretty funny, too. I'm about to watch another Coen Brothers movie, too, the Man Who Wasn't There. After that, there won't be much work of theirs left that I haven't seen. There's the Hudsucker Proxy and Intolerable Cruelty....I think I'll skip the latter.

Also, I saw Lust, Caution, which was okay.

sig by JaY11

Letterboxd

BBS Signature

Response to Cinema Club 2008-11-22 09:56:35

I just missed Full Metal Jacket.

I should've watched that fuckin shit.

Metal Hell.

BBS Signature

Response to Cinema Club 2008-11-22 15:14:07

I bet you could suck a golf ball through a garden hose!

sig by JaY11

Letterboxd

BBS Signature

Response to Cinema Club 2008-11-22 23:32:29

That's sick dude.

Metal Hell.

BBS Signature

Response to Cinema Club 2008-11-23 11:18:27

Watched "Let The Right One In". Swedish vampire film. It was excellent, one of the best films I've seen in ages. Shows that even the usually shit concept of "good" vampires can make for an ace film when done right.

Formerly TheMaster | PSN: Absurd-Ditties | Steam | Letterboxd

BBS Signature

Response to Cinema Club 2008-11-25 19:10:28

recently watched:

The Man Who Wasn't There (2001)

pretty good movie, but nothing compared to other works of the Coen brothers. All that's left for me to see by them is the Hudsucker Proxy. I have no intention to see Cruel Intentions.

ha
At 11/23/08 11:18 AM, TheMaster wrote: Watched "Let The Right One In". Swedish vampire film. It was excellent, one of the best films I've seen in ages. Shows that even the usually shit concept of "good" vampires can make for an ace film when done right.

I've been wanting to see that. It's under my "saved" section on Netflix.

sig by JaY11

Letterboxd

BBS Signature

Response to Cinema Club 2008-11-26 07:12:36

Watched Doomsday on Monday night. It was ok, but not as good as there previous film, Dog Soldiers. The ending also left me a little confused. 6/10. Started watching The Thing last night as well but I was pretty tired and turned it off about half way through. Gonna catch the last half now.

|| Portfolio || Facebook || Twitter ||

BBS Signature

Response to Cinema Club 2008-11-29 14:07:56

I saw Sweeney Todd. It was good. made me laugh a couple times, too.

sig by JaY11

Letterboxd

BBS Signature

Response to Cinema Club 2008-11-29 18:21:58

Just a taste of my favorite movies:

Fight Club
Kung-Fu Hustle
Dawn of the Dead (the one from the '60s and the '04 remake)
Forrest Gump
Shawn of the Dead
Hot Fuzz
Land of the Dead
28 Weeks Later
8 Mile
Terminator 2

just to name a few :3
Scary Movie (it truly didn't need the sequels or shitty spin-offs)

Response to Cinema Club 2008-11-29 18:53:57

Dear Die Hard. You rock! Especially when that guy was on the roof. P.S. Do you know Mad Max?

Watched Die Hard. Fucking ace film. Loved it.

BBS Signature

Response to Cinema Club 2008-11-30 05:56:51

And so I begin the saga that is the Nightmare on Elm Street and Friday the 13th DVD's with the first NoES. Pretty decent, although not really even a little bit scary. Still, I like the character and I'm hoping that they go into his backstory in one of the next films. I'd give it a 6/7 out of 10.

BBS Signature

Response to Cinema Club 2008-11-30 06:07:44

I want to know what you guys give Cloverfield. I really enjoyed that movie, but when I saw it at the cinemas, the camera effects (first-person view, etc) made me feel queasy. Aside from that, the movie was good, as was the plot.

I gave it a 4.5/5. What about you guys?

BBS Signature

Response to Cinema Club 2008-11-30 11:34:41

At 11/30/08 06:07 AM, Sexylegs wrote: I want to know what you guys give Cloverfield. I really enjoyed that movie, but when I saw it at the cinemas, the camera effects (first-person view, etc) made me feel queasy. Aside from that, the movie was good, as was the plot.

Same. I loved it. I didnt get queasy though, i thought that the camera kept you really involved. I would probably give it an 8 or 9 out of 10 because of its effect over the audience. Most people in my cinema complained about it as they left though.. It seemed to split people, either love it or you hate it.

BBS Signature

Response to Cinema Club 2008-11-30 13:01:51

At 11/30/08 11:34 AM, CTM222 wrote:
At 11/30/08 06:07 AM, Sexylegs wrote: I want to know what you guys give Cloverfield. I really enjoyed that movie, but when I saw it at the cinemas, the camera effects (first-person view, etc) made me feel queasy. Aside from that, the movie was good, as was the plot.

Same. I loved it. I didnt get queasy though, i thought that the camera kept you really involved. I would probably give it an 8 or 9 out of 10 because of its effect over the audience. Most people in my cinema complained about it as they left though.. It seemed to split people, either love it or you hate it.

Another same, I also enjoyed it. Watched it on DVD so there was no queasy effect, just a good, solid movie. I loved the style is was filmed in (although obviously not the first to do it) and found the beggining to be very effective in setting everything up. This continued throughout pretty much the entire film and I really found myself wanting more. Probably an 8/10 for me.

BBS Signature

Response to Cinema Club 2008-11-30 17:17:03

At 11/29/08 06:21 PM, Sysko wrote: Fight Club

great movie. It's fun to watch it a second time knowing that SPOILER he is Tyler Durden END SPOILER You see it differently then.

Kung-Fu Hustle

awesome

Dawn of the Dead (the one from the '60s)

I like it a lot, too. It was released in the late 70's, though.

and the '04 remake

blech

Forrest Gump

very good

Shawn of the Dead
Hot Fuzz

hilarious movies

28 Weeks Later

meh. The first one was great, though. One thing the sequel has going for it, though, is Robert Carlyle. He's awesome.

Terminator 2

I thought 1 and 2 were both awesome. I'm still trying to convince myself that everything else in the franchise never existed and it's all just a bad dream.

Scary Movie (it truly didn't need the sequels or shitty spin-offs)

I thought the first two were okay, last time I saw them, anyway. The third one was horrible and I never saw the fourth one. I was surprised that Leslie Nielsen would make such a piece of crap. He used to be so great.

sig by JaY11

Letterboxd

BBS Signature

Response to Cinema Club 2008-11-30 18:22:34

At 11/30/08 06:04 PM, Mendou wrote: He didn't make Scary Movie 3 and 4, David Zucker was the one that directed them, a real shame too since Airplane(Which he also directed) was hilarious and a classic comedy film.

I knew Zucker directed AirPlane! but I didn't realize he was the one who directed Scary movie 3 and 4.

Speaking of which, I still haven't seen the Police Squad TV show. I really should watch that.

sig by JaY11

Letterboxd

BBS Signature

Response to Cinema Club 2008-12-01 03:01:10

Anyone seen Peter Jackson's old work? I thought Bad Taste was fucking brilliant, I just saw his second movie Meet the Feebles. It's a fuckin must see guys. Go fin Meet the Feebles. It's amazing.

Metal Hell.

BBS Signature

Response to Cinema Club 2008-12-01 12:32:22

At 12/1/08 03:01 AM, PenisClown wrote: Anyone seen Peter Jackson's old work? I thought Bad Taste was fucking brilliant, I just saw his second movie Meet the Feebles. It's a fuckin must see guys. Go fin Meet the Feebles. It's amazing.

I saw Brain Dead on Halloween. got a couple laughs.

sig by JaY11

Letterboxd

BBS Signature

Response to Cinema Club 2008-12-01 16:21:13

I watched Naked Lunch last night, which was quite a mindfuck of a movie. I thought it was pretty good, actually. I've now seen most, if not all, of Cronenberg's movies now.

Speaking of which, Shivers is retarded.

sig by JaY11

Letterboxd

BBS Signature

Response to Cinema Club 2008-12-06 14:09:07

recently watched....

Rolling Thunder (1977)

It was alright.

Zhong Nan Hai Bao Biao (Bodyguard From Beijing) (1994)

I'd recommend skipping this one.

sig by JaY11

Letterboxd

BBS Signature

Response to Cinema Club 2008-12-06 14:15:18

I´ve recently watched a few old classics i hadn´t seen before.

The Shining - A Kubrick movie, and you can tell. A brilliant movie with some very powerful scenes, great acting by a young Jack Nicholson, and all in all, very good directing.

The Omen - For a movie from the 70s i was expecting something really bad, but this was infact a pretty good movie with quite a deep and interesting plot. Effects, as you would expect from a 30+ year old movie aren´t great, but they aren´t the worst around either. Worth a watch.

Response to Cinema Club 2008-12-06 14:20:13

At 12/6/08 02:15 PM, Life-Stream wrote: The Shining - A Kubrick movie, and you can tell. A brilliant movie with some very powerful scenes, great acting by a young Jack Nicholson, and all in all, very good directing.

yes, good movie

I still haven't seen all of 2001: a Space Odyssey. a shame, I know. I plan on seeing it this month, and maybe Barry Lyndon.

sig by JaY11

Letterboxd

BBS Signature

Response to Cinema Club 2008-12-08 07:59:38

The Shining kicks arse. I'm gunna rent Space Oddysey again. But smoke some pot first. Last time I tried to watch it I was straight. And I fell asleep. So pot might help.

Metal Hell.

BBS Signature

Response to Cinema Club 2008-12-08 08:36:28

Space Odyssey is an horrifically overrated film. It's not deep, it's not clever, it's just boring.

BBS Signature

Response to Cinema Club 2008-12-08 12:14:38

At 12/8/08 10:17 AM, EclecticEnnui wrote: The film actually revolutionized future sci-fi films, like the Star Wars trilogy. Before 2001, sci-fi films were known for being campy, and not being taken seriously. 2001 changed that, so regardless of your personal opinion, that's something you should at least acknowledge.

Quatermass and the like happened long before 2001, and isn't campy in the slightest.

I think the film definitely is clever, with its method of storytelling. It's like a journey, both visually and also intellectually.

A really boring journey, where nothing happens until halfway in, and then nothing happens again for the last half hour or so.

It doesn't give you any clear cut answers about the ending, and the mysterious monolith. In other words, we're not being spoon-fed what the film's all about. The special effects hold up quite well for today. When I saw this film for the first time a year ago, it felt like a dream. Not many films I've seen are like it, with the exception of Koyaanisqatsi and Gerry, but how many people have seen those films? In short, 2001 is amazing.

There's about half an hour of content in it, stretched over the whole thing. The idea behind is it okay, but there's so much nothing in it it just becomes tedious and dull. It's crap.

BBS Signature

Response to Cinema Club 2008-12-12 16:02:14

recently watched:

el Topo (1970)

I didn't like it.

sig by JaY11

Letterboxd

BBS Signature

Response to Cinema Club 2008-12-12 16:04:35

Oh yeah, and I saw the Hudsucker Proxy, which was really good.

sig by JaY11

Letterboxd

BBS Signature