New Topic Respond to this Topic
Cheesemold
Cheesemold
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 12
Blank Slate
transparent gradients? Jul. 2nd, 2001 @ 01:45 PM Reply

how do you make one of the colors in a gradient transparent? can this be done in the demo version? I already know how to edit gradients in flash but I can't get one of the colors to be transparent, how do you do it?

ButtheadMoto
ButtheadMoto
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 08
Blank Slate
Response to transparent gradients? Jul. 2nd, 2001 @ 04:42 PM Reply

At 7/2/01 01:45 PM, cheesemold wrote: how do you make one of the colors in a gradient transparent? can this be done in the demo version? I already know how to edit gradients in flash but I can't get one of the colors to be transparent, how do you do it?

go to windows>panels>effects and find the alpha setting. change it to 50% or something like that...

Cheesemold
Cheesemold
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 12
Blank Slate
Response to transparent gradients? Jul. 2nd, 2001 @ 04:49 PM Reply

At 7/2/01 04:42 PM, ButtheadMoto wrote:
At 7/2/01 01:45 PM, cheesemold wrote: how do you make one of the colors in a gradient transparent? can this be done in the demo version? I already know how to edit gradients in flash but I can't get one of the colors to be transparent, how do you do it?
go to windows>panels>effects and find the alpha setting. change it to 50% or something like that...

yeah, but that changes the alpha of BOTH colors, I just want one changed, is that possible? I know it's possilbe for flash4, because I saw them do it in a tutorial on flashkit.

Cerberust
Cerberust
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 14
Blank Slate
Response to transparent gradients? Jul. 2nd, 2001 @ 04:53 PM Reply

yes you can, have the fill thing open, then go to panels mixer. when you have the 2 or more little color boxes for the gradient yer making, click one, and the mixer will change slightly, to have one color box, edit the alpha setting, and it will only effect that one color.

Cheesemold
Cheesemold
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 12
Blank Slate
Response to transparent gradients? Jul. 3rd, 2001 @ 09:36 AM Reply

At 7/2/01 04:53 PM, Cerberust wrote: yes you can, have the fill thing open, then go to panels mixer. when you have the 2 or more little color boxes for the gradient yer making, click one, and the mixer will change slightly, to have one color box, edit the alpha setting, and it will only effect that one color.

Well, I figured it out, but thanks for all your help guys. What you do is go to the mixer panel, set the alpha to 0% and then click that arrow, and select add swatch(or something like that). then edit the gradient in the fills thing, and select the color box at the bottom that looks like a mini grid! simple as that!

Cerberust
Cerberust
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 14
Blank Slate
Response to transparent gradients? Jul. 3rd, 2001 @ 04:56 PM Reply

At 7/3/01 09:36 AM, cheesemold wrote:
At 7/2/01 04:53 PM, Cerberust wrote: yes you can, have the fill thing open, then go to panels mixer. when you have the 2 or more little color boxes for the gradient yer making, click one, and the mixer will change slightly, to have one color box, edit the alpha setting, and it will only effect that one color.
im pretty sure thats whjat i said but im not sure. glad you figured it out though, :P:P:P . good luck with yer movie.
Well, I figured it out, but thanks for all your help guys. What you do is go to the mixer panel, set the alpha to 0% and then click that arrow, and select add swatch(or something like that). then edit the gradient in the fills thing, and select the color box at the bottom that looks like a mini grid! simple as that!

Cerberust
Cerberust
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 14
Blank Slate
Response to transparent gradients? Jul. 3rd, 2001 @ 04:57 PM Reply

er what the hell... any way what i meant to say was

well im pretty sure thats what i said, but glad you figured it out either way. :P:P:P . good luck with your video

Cheesemold
Cheesemold
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 12
Blank Slate
Response to transparent gradients? Jul. 4th, 2001 @ 12:42 PM Reply

At 7/3/01 04:57 PM, Cerberust wrote: er what the hell... any way what i meant to say was

well im pretty sure thats what i said, but glad you figured it out either way. :P:P:P . good luck with your video

yep........................................................whatever it may be. :) I'll think of something.

kaiel090x
kaiel090x
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 05
Blank Slate
Response to transparent gradients? Jul. 6th, 2001 @ 02:10 PM Reply

in the effect panel, u can make the whole thing gradient. but u want just one color to be gradient, right? so you go into the gradient maker, and the part where you chose the colors u want in the gradient and can drag them along the line.. click the color you want alphad, then all the way to the right, there is a bar.. bring it down to like 25 and thats the alpha