New Topic Respond to this Topic
Jitenya
Jitenya
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Blank Slate
I need someone to tell me a program May. 15th, 2008 @ 09:16 AM Reply

Yeahhhhh... My Ideal software would be FOSS (Free-OpenSource-Software) or barring that, at least free.

Specifically I am looking for software with similar functionality to, say, FL or Reason.

Any help is REALLY REALLY appreciated!

Jitenya
Jitenya
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Blank Slate
Response to I need someone to tell me a program May. 15th, 2008 @ 09:20 AM Reply

At 5/15/08 09:16 AM, Jitenya wrote: Yeahhhhh... My Ideal software would be FOSS (Free-OpenSource-Software) or barring that, at least free.

Specifically I am looking for software with similar functionality to, say, FL or Reason.

Any help is REALLY REALLY appreciated!

One last thing, complexity does NOT intimidate me, so don't hesitate to mention anything.

thekidgio
thekidgio
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Blank Slate
Response to I need someone to tell me a program May. 15th, 2008 @ 09:20 AM Reply

Wat do u need donne

A new flash king has been born

Lemmiwinks91
Lemmiwinks91
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 17
Blank Slate
Response to I need someone to tell me a program May. 15th, 2008 @ 06:01 PM Reply

I struggle to realise wat type of software you are actually looking for. correct me if im wrong but u haven't said what the program is for and why...

BBS Signature
New-Milkman
New-Milkman
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 22
Musician
Response to I need someone to tell me a program May. 15th, 2008 @ 06:12 PM Reply

To the people that posted before me: if you read through the whole post, you would see he wants something similar to the programs FL Studio and Reason.

Now, finding something like those is going to be really hard. FL and Reason are both top-quality DAW's that have had a lot of work put into them, and find a free program similar to them just might be impossible. There is Reaper, which is a non-crippling software you can buy for $50, and has VSTi support, a MIDI interface and some tracks to put that in and such, but I seriously doubt that you will find anything with the functionality to FL and Reason. I'd suggest saving up your money and getting the second cheapest version (I can't remember what one it is, but it's after the download-only version for 50$) if you really want to start making some awesome stuff.

loogiesquared
loogiesquared
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 15
Blank Slate
Response to I need someone to tell me a program May. 15th, 2008 @ 06:14 PM Reply

may i suggest MS Paint?

kjhf
kjhf
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Musician

DYK that DYK stands for Did You Know? No? Well you know now.
¥SPAM¥

SolidElectro
SolidElectro
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Blank Slate
Response to I need someone to tell me a program May. 16th, 2008 @ 02:49 PM Reply

At 5/15/08 06:12 PM, New-Milkman wrote: Reaper

Actually reaper is by no means open source, it might be free, but thats someting completely different... As for open-source DAW's there arent any good ones.. I mean, you could download a copy of ubuntustudio and then run Ardour+Hydrogen+A million of other applications, since ardour can't even handle midi, only audio :/... Me? I don't recommend doing this.. But im not saying that it can't be done, or havent been done before.. Actually i've heard 2 relatively good songs made out of nothing else that open source software...

BBS Signature
InsaneSmilie
InsaneSmilie
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 23
Blank Slate
Response to I need someone to tell me a program May. 16th, 2008 @ 04:01 PM Reply

I agree with New-Milkman, Reaper whould probably be your best bet. It's a very powerful program, and what it lacks in functionality, it more than makes up for in versitility. Combine that with Audacity (which is Free-OpenSource-Software) for editing and you got a pretty good set of composing tools at your disposal.

WUML Lowell 91.5 FM - Real Underground Radio

BBS Signature
Sp1r1T
Sp1r1T
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 10
Blank Slate
Response to I need someone to tell me a program May. 16th, 2008 @ 04:53 PM Reply

*Tells*

A program.

BBS Signature
JoeyNukes
JoeyNukes
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 17
Blank Slate
Response to I need someone to tell me a program May. 17th, 2008 @ 06:56 PM Reply

LMMS or Rosegarden, but both are for Linux. But shit, OpenSource and GNU go hand and hand.

You won't find many OpenSource sequencers that aren't trackers, theirs barely any free ones.