00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

ParallaxDraw just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Artness

18,063 Views | 254 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Artness 2008-12-11 09:53:26

Hehe, i really cant color irl - nice work :P

Response to Artness 2008-12-11 10:32:27

At 12/11/08 06:18 AM, ScorpianX0 wrote: I really like the way you colored this. You make the colors so Bold, and it makes it stand out ( is this why you keep pestering me about mine colors being too light? )

Yeah, they show the true color of what you want to convey. :b You have a nice coloring talent so your bold colors would make your pictures pop.

I'm stuck to using stupid " Rose-art " colored pencils where I'd have to grind a pencil to peices to get that nice of color

I use crayola pencils and a cheap german brand. They leave behind those empty spaces where you color, like on the body of the creature it is sort of scratchy looking, I can never get rid of that, and my scanner picks up on it really easy. -shrug- I can't afford nice prisma pencils, and I rather not spend that sort of money right now. For the record I have none.

Response to Artness 2008-12-20 01:30:35

stuff too cold to be proper and type correctly so yeah the title of this wip is all i want for christmas is to kill you. nah it is nom.

Enjoy <3

Artness

Response to Artness 2008-12-20 03:47:37

Wow! I love this one, you really caught the movement, it looks like the dragon could jump any second :3
And the pose is kewl to :D

Response to Artness 2008-12-21 17:01:01

At 12/20/08 03:47 AM, RadioactiveRabies wrote: Wow! I love this one, you really caught the movement, it looks like the dragon could jump any second :3
And the pose is kewl to :D

Aw thank you, you always give me the kindest reviews and nice regard. Thank you for your support!

Well yesterday it was my best friend's birthday: Katy is her name. However, I had a waterpolo tournament on the day of her birthday so we are celebrating it today. (We placed second out of sixteen. We also got a trophy, I was excited. Yay us!) Anyways, I was too tired to work on it yesterday night like I should have, so I worked on her picture today.

It is still a WIP and I still have time to finish it and color it. The sketch took me about 30 minutes to get it where I wanted it to be. I should give a name to this dragon critter, I have drawn it about five times at least. I am not sure what to call it. It's cute and cuddly looking ^_^ and it is different from my xerburs who I have been neglecting lately. I promise I will draw some over this winter break!!! <3 Well sorry it is scratchy and sketchy. I really like how it is turning out so far.

Enjoy <3

Artness

Response to Artness 2008-12-21 17:14:34

So i take it i should keep the reviews coming? ;D

Hehe so youre like the local brithday card desinger? :P
That mouth looks abit odd, looks a bit like it cant close it :O Hope your going to color it like the last one :3

Name suggestions: Cuddlezard, Xuddles, Xute,
... Im no good at this x(

Im enviously looking at your leg anatomy :3

Response to Artness 2008-12-21 18:09:13

At 12/21/08 05:01 PM, redenvy wrote:

We placed second out of sixteen.

Forgot to congratulate you :P

so... congratulations!... or... you know :D

Response to Artness 2008-12-21 23:23:32

At 12/21/08 05:14 PM, RadioactiveRabies wrote:
So i take it i should keep the reviews coming? ;D

If you desire to do so.

Hehe so youre like the local brithday card desinger? :P

No; only for my few and selective friends at school. They have birthdays close together. It works out wierd.

That mouth looks abit odd, looks a bit like it cant close it :O Hope your going to color it like the last one :3

It sort of has that snake or shark affect, where it has a "double jointed jaw." Sharks and snakes can extend their mouths to a wider degree to be able to get a grip on their food. A lot of my work extends from animals, even though I do no use references- just the basic structures and ideologies derives from animals. Though if I do look at it, the jaw does seem a little off, but I am too lazy to ultimately fix it. The jaw is sloped down a little to far. Mer.

Name suggestions: Cuddlezard, Xuddles, Xute,
... Im no good at this x(

Haha, nice attempt. You can see I like the letter "z" and "x." I find words to be more exotic when I use them :b. I am severely attracted to it. I wouldn't use those words because they are from basica words like cuddles and cute. XD I want something a little more foreign and made up. I am still thinking. Something will come eventually.

Im enviously looking at your leg anatomy :3

Oh thank you, I don't find it that great since I am not done with it quiet yet. I was supposed to finish drawing it while we went out to lunch, but we got to talking about other things, plus she decided that she wanted the rest of the picture to be a surprise.

Response to Artness 2008-12-22 03:01:06

Completed outline of picture above. Nothing else to say.

Artness

Response to Artness 2008-12-22 06:09:17

At 12/21/08 11:23 PM, redenvy wrote: If you desire to do so.

"Desire" well then i shalt continue to comment thy art

No; only for my few and selective friends at school. They have birthdays close together. It works out wierd.

I see

lots of stuff about jaws and anatomy.

Hehe i love mixing in real "features" when i draw. If you click the "Wotm" link in my signature, theres a lizard man iwe created like that. What i ment with the jar, was that the upper one looks like it ends so that it cant actually close the front of the mouth. Sorta.

I want something a little more foreign and made up. I am still thinking. Something will come eventually.

When i want something foreign i use this
http://www.archives.nd.edu/cgi-bin/lookd own.pl
Latin sounds pretty foreign dont you think? :P

Oh thank you, I don't find it that great since I am not done with it

Either way im having trouble with leg anatomy myself, and yours look pretty good to me :P

can i color it? :D

Response to Artness 2008-12-22 09:31:58

sry for double posting in your thread. I tried to color your unnamed dragon

and failed :(

http://www.imagebucket.org/share-D30A_49 4FA478.html

Response to Artness 2008-12-24 16:32:34

At 12/22/08 09:31 AM, RadioactiveRabies wrote: sry for double posting in your thread. I tried to color your unnamed dragon
and failed :(
http://www.imagebucket.org/share-D30A_49 4FA478.html

Can we please not color my pictures? Sorry I am highly possessive of my work. :/

Anyways new post of Ixz. I think I am happy with the new character design, a quick color nothing special, not trying to make it perfect either. I like the colors a lot, people have been saying it is dark and I guess it is oh well!

Enjoy <3

Artness

Response to Artness 2008-12-24 18:11:24

Sorry about that :S I was just really bored.
Either way your handling coloring much better than me :P

Merry Christmas btw

Response to Artness 2008-12-25 02:53:09

Well Merry Christmas, for me Christmas is still 17 minutes away. :b I live on the west coast so time sort of takes awhile to go. So I was browsing through Deviant art and I always hear about paint chat and what not. So I am browsing right, and I notice on one of the pictures it is in an actual paint chat room and the name of the site was at the top. So I go to the site to try it out. It's brilliant and easy to use. Fun as well. So yeah. I spent my time doodling on it.

So in this "sketcher" thing I draw Ixz. I will post the first "pencil" sketch then my crappy coloring job! Woot. I really like how he turned out. AND FOR ONCE IT IS A CUTE PICTURE! Not just me saying aw cute evil thing. He has little fluffys on his back and is all adorable. <3 Not looking for critiques, it's Christmas I don't want to hear it xD!

Enjoy <3

Artness

Response to Artness 2008-12-25 02:54:47

Here is the colored version. <3 I know the coloring sucks, this paint chat thingy isn't that high tech when it comes to coloring. I had to improvise. It's purdy-ful though! The circle thing is supposed to be a halo. :b

Enjoy <3

Artness

Response to Artness 2008-12-25 09:44:02

*cough* http://www.iscribble.net/ *cough*

Response to Artness 2008-12-25 12:37:11

At 12/25/08 09:44 AM, RadioactiveRabies wrote: *cough* http://www.iscribble.net/ *cough*

Uh, -cough- so not fucking iscribble -cough- Try www.artgrounds.com ...

Response to Artness 2008-12-25 18:09:30

At 11/5/08 10:55 AM, redenvy wrote: Enjoy <3

I love the way you draw your women, it's elegant but not harshly drawn and somewhat similar to my style.

BBS Signature

Response to Artness 2008-12-28 21:01:59

Early Birthday gift for ScorpianX0, I will be coloring it with my new prisma colored pencils I got for Christmas! I am working on Katy's picture still, getting colors down, but I am not going to show till I am done with that. Scorp's picture consists of Ixz, the dragon-like character on the bottom, fighting a King Xskarus. Ixz is three times smaller than the Xskarus, but since he is badass he will be victorious!

Enjoy <3

Artness

Response to Artness 2008-12-29 04:11:38

Woo, so here is a WIP of a picture I did a bit ago. Not that long ago actually. So I am testing out me skills with prisma colored pencils and it is working out dandy. Ixz is a really dark black and don't worry he is getting there, I just do teh swirly colored thing so I don't get streaky with the pencils. So far it is turning out well and vibrant. I am debating whether or now I should do a background. Maybe I will. I can't tell how long I have worked on this because I have been distracted many times to the point where I ignored it for about two hours. And if you are wondering what the big white spots are, those are not going to be black, but lighter shades of grey to depict where the light it hitting him. ^^ I am pleased so far, thanks for viewing!

Enjoy<3 (no critiques please, I can't do anything about the inking I know it sucks! And if the colors look muddled to you, it probably is my scanner butchering my quality like normal. Ugh! Anyways, Thanks for understanding.)

Artness

Response to Artness 2008-12-29 06:08:46

At 12/25/08 12:37 PM, redenvy wrote: Uh, -cough- so not fucking iscribble -cough- Try www.artgrounds.com ...

Your right, that does own Iscribble :P.... *cough*?

Early Birthday gift for ScorpianX0

I really like how you compose your pictures, the poses and the way you place your characters. Its not something we focus much on here on the art forum, but i think its important and youve got skills there.

Enjoy<3 (no critiques please

Awww, but i really wanted to say your coloring kicks ass ;)

Response to Artness 2008-12-29 11:57:48

At 9/28/08 09:49 PM, redenvy wrote: A sketch of an alien lady with a very thin stature and an abnormally large head. I think it is the tentecales that make it look bigger. Perhaps not, it was a ten minute doodle, sketch thing while I was supposed to be doing my Calculus homework on magnitude. Eh, I needed the stress relief since I haven't been able to punch out as much artwork as I have wanted to in the last few weeks. I like the picture a lot aside from my gun because I have no fucking clue on how to draw one. I never really studied one, I have shot guns out at the range multiple times and gone gun shopping with my dad, but I couldn't tell you the faintest idea what names they have and how to draw one. xD So I didn't mind the practice. And since it was Madness day not too long ago, Sept 22, I figure I need to pay tribute by drawing the best craptastic gun ever.

Enjoy <3

AHH!creeps goin up my spine!i feel like this is a blue-ish clear figuire and its coming out of the water,just kinda walking out...wow i picture it all!i brung it too life....if only i could splatter my imagination on a canvas,id make millions!

BBS Signature

Response to Artness 2008-12-31 01:33:34

My new DeviantArt ID. <3 Ixz being adorable as ever. Sorry for the obnoxious background, my friend made me. So yeah. Not much else to say than LOL! <3

Enjoy <3

Artness

Response to Artness 2008-12-31 04:48:34

Tired as hell, but I can't sleep. I have practice in like 5 hours-ish. Woohoo, so you know what I do? Draw! Because that is the least time consuming and vegetative hobby ever! NOT! Sarcasm is wonderful. So I don't know where I came up with this wierd looking freaky thing, but it's awesomely wierd. Yeah. Muh! I don't think I'll draw him ever again. Then there is Ixz being a wierdo, scaring babies as usual. I have one more picture coming up. Sorry for the massive spam, but I must!

Artness

Response to Artness 2008-12-31 04:56:07

So instead of doing things that i have lined up for people, I am drawing Ixz at my own peaceful bliss. Here is what I have to do for some people.

1. Ixz and colorful bird picture, finish coloring.
2. Katy's B-day gift, needs to be inked and colored. God I'm lazy.
3. Jake's picture, I need to ink and color. Not so lazy on that one.
4. Seed's picture of a lady. Not disclosing anymore info.
5. Roni's picture of a dragon.
6. Jonesy's picture of a coconut riding Ixz over a rainbow. I'm serious. It's the best concept ever.
7. Eric's picture, my best friend of like a million years, (try like 12 years), of a gay pride dragon! Woo!
8. My boyfriend's picture, a dragon. He wants a big bad ass dragon, and none of my pansy dragons so he says. :b Well I'll show his lame ass.

That's about it. I am not in any rush to finish these, but I would like to get the first six finished because after this week I don't know if school will be so open to letting me draw at my own will.

Well anyways, the picture I am posting is of Ixz with wings for shits and giggles. I don't know his face got mangled by the scanner, because there were too many eraser marks. Oh well I can't fix that, it looks decent on paper. Meh. So viewing pleasure for others is on the crappy side. I hope everyone gets a kick out of my last three posts, I had losts of fun with it all. I hope you guys do too! ( Oh I miss drawing wings, but I'm so lazy!)

Enjoy <3

Artness

Response to Artness 2008-12-31 19:26:16

Well I'm going to be away for the weekend, so I should be done with some of the things I wanted to accomplish. Have a nice New Years!

Response to Artness 2009-01-26 00:43:11

I probably will never finish this, but he's too damn cute not to post. Ixz is awesome!

Enjoy <3

Artness

Response to Artness 2009-03-22 22:35:12

I'm alive maybe, maybe. It's been a long time since I have posted anything. I have been busy with life and all that jazz. So here is a doodle I did of a girl- I know the face is off. But it is the first picture I have drawn fully in a long while. Meh :D Oh and this is an older character of mine: Reprisal.

Enjoy <3

Artness

Response to Artness 2009-03-22 22:42:46

Your awesomeness steadily increases.

Freedom of Speech: Priceless, for everything else there's MasterCard

BBS Signature

Response to Artness 2009-03-23 00:26:46

At 3/22/09 10:42 PM, Vousielle wrote: Your awesomeness steadily increases.

Oh thank you, you are just always awesome. So you win.