00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Jesspionic just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Artness

18,072 Views | 254 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Artness 2008-06-13 00:45:56

Okay a little five minute sketch. Now I am off to go read or sleep. I am too flustered to even care about photoshopping the rest of my picture tonight. Hopefully this will suffice. I know a lot of my xerburs lately haven't had horns or anything, because the ones without large massive horns are females. Instead females have either small horns with really decorative hoods, or no horns with shiny spots or stripes on their bodies.

Enjoy <3

Artness

Response to Artness 2008-06-13 02:55:47

Okay one more Xerbur... Sorry my scanner cropped everything off and I tried repeated scans, it won't work with me so I'm just going to deal with the edge of the hood being snipped off. Grr. Now I am really off to bed. Adios

Enjoy <3

Artness

Response to Artness 2008-06-13 14:32:48

I think you have seen this skimpy-clad lady before. Well I woke up about 30 minutes ago and decided to doodle her in a different pose. Now I am going to get working on my xerbur picture that I got so upset about yesterday. This was just a warm up. So er, whatever if there are things that look funky. <3 I know the colors are crazy, but I was listening to Daft Punk- Da Funk and it got a little out of hand. At one point she had stripes and polka dots everywhere, I had to delete that layer, it was insane :b.... And yes I'm in a better mood now, sleep does wonders. And sorry if it seems so busy. I was just groovin'!

Enjoy <3

Artness

Response to Artness 2008-06-13 17:14:02

Arg, I forgot to post the finished line art of the dragon on the second page. I finished it about a day after I posted it on my thread. I know it looks like I didn't do much to it, but I did. The wings are finished and some other small detailing. After I finish with my photoshopping of my xerbur, which now is about 40% done, I will photoshop this one. Yar!

Enjoy <3

Artness

Response to Artness 2008-06-17 15:56:08

Well I've been away for about five days due to a huge party that I organized with my dad's girlfriend for my dad's 50th birthday. It was fun, there were over 60 people there and it was craziness. Well, this was a ten minute sketch for the day because once again I am not going to be home for the rest of the day. So meh. I know this picture seems busy, because it is. The random xerbur to the side means nothing to the two up in the upper right hand corner. He's just chillin'.

As for the two in the upper right hand corner, the "good" xerbur basically killed the "evil" xerbur. The dead xerbur had his hood ripped from his skull which almost kills them instantly, because the hood protects their membrane that allows them to "see" in a more temporal manner. It's a lot like a snake, they can detect movement with their bodies by the vibrations on the ground and like a snake, can detect the amount of heat being emitted from a warm blooded creature. Once the hood is ripped off, the membrane overloads due to the amount of pressure and the temperature change. Now at this point, the xerbur loses all sense of smell, "sight," hearing, taste and touch because the membrane is like a subordinate brain. Also it basically kills the xerbur due to the amount of blood loss. The hood has to be ripped off. The hood is infused onto the head and it grows as the xerbur gets older, so it is very much a part of the body.

So yeah. Sorry for that long explanation, but oh well. It isn't my best work xD since it is only a sketch but I like it. Anyways, yar.

Enjoy <3

Artness

Response to Artness 2008-06-18 04:23:23

Arg, before I crash I am going to post one last picture. Eh, another xerbur. Don't really care to talk about it, drawn in photoshop. Still working on my WIP. Of course when I came back from my dad's house I wanted to change everything so I am doing that. So mer. This was my break drawing. Probably will never finish this.

Enjoy <3

Artness

Response to Artness 2008-06-18 13:26:32

I really like ur art .. i like the xerbur creature most .. try inkin one xerbur and the coloring it i wanna see the result.

Shuvels!

BBS Signature

Response to Artness 2008-06-18 13:33:23

At 6/18/08 04:23 AM, redenvy wrote: Arg, before I crash I am going to post one last picture. Eh, another xerbur. Don't really care to talk about it, drawn in photoshop. Still working on my WIP. Of course when I came back from my dad's house I wanted to change everything so I am doing that. So mer. This was my break drawing. Probably will never finish this.

Enjoy <3

it's a sad story of the drawing that will never be finished to reach it's full potential..... * cries for drawing* (JK).

it looks good.... I wish a had a tablet :(

My Art thread / My DA account or just click my sig pic.

Beastiality is WAAYYYYY against park regulations, but YIFFY is ok

BBS Signature

Response to Artness 2008-06-19 01:23:07

So I have been out shopping all day like a girl should, bought things and came home happy. Anyways there is only one drawing that I drew today and it is rather small nothing big, but I like it. I'll probably draw some things tonight and work on my xerbur colored picture. He's coming along well. <3 So I hope you all like this.

Enjoy <3

Artness

Response to Artness 2008-06-19 03:17:46

Okay yeah. I had time on my hands while I was playing Call of Duty 4. I don't know how, but I cracked out this anomaly from left field. Yes it has detail. Yes it is a regular dragon. No I will not complete a full body on him because that's as far as my paper will allow me to draw. D: Oh well. I had fun. <3 Hope you like him as well. And remembre: Dragons are Sexy, folks! And Brittany (me) loves DRAGONS! <33333

Took me about 45 minutes for the basic sketch. About 30 minutes to put in all the details and shading. So all around an hour and 15 minutes. Wee <3 Had fun!

Enjoy <3

Artness

Response to Artness 2008-06-19 18:17:19

Wee so I had time on my hands and decided to do something different than I would normally do. Don't be shocked people, yes I finished a picture. I used normal traditional media. I used a .2 micron inking pen, #2 pencil, and Staedtler egrosoft colored pencils.

It's a xerbur relaxing on a beach enjoying the summer sun. God I love the coconuts' faces they make me laugh. At first they didn't have any when I was sketching but when I started to ink they reminded me of those emotes that people use ( like myself) in their posts online. So I just fiddled with them. The one coconut is laughing because the other coconut fell to the ground, then there is the shy coconut who is looking down sadly at his friend. God I'm lame sometimes....

It took me 30 minutes to sketch the picture then another 30 minutes to ink. It took me about 1 hour and 15 minutes to color the picture all together and 5 minutes to touch up on the computer on CS3 since my scanner desaturated the colors and picked up a bunch of other crap that messed with the picture.

So it took me 2 hours and 20 minutes just about. I hope you really like this, I enjoyed it. It was lots of fun. Please leave a comment if you wish.

Enjoy <3

Artness

Response to Artness 2008-06-19 21:20:35

Hmm, do you use an armature of any sort to lay stuff out before you draw? Like circles or body masses? I'd be interested to see your process.

BBS Signature

Response to Artness 2008-06-19 22:20:49

At 6/19/08 03:17 AM, redenvy wrote: Okay yeah. I had time on my hands while I was playing Call of Duty 4.

COD 4 FTW!
I don't know how, but I cracked out this anomaly from left field. Yes it has detail. Yes it is a regular dragon. No I will not complete a full body on him because that's as far as my paper will allow me to draw. D:

:(

And remembre: Dragons are Sexy, folks! And Brittany (me) loves DRAGONS! <33333

......... O.....K......

Enjoy <3

KICK ASS. Very nice drawing!

BBS Signature

Response to Artness 2008-06-20 00:22:22

At 6/19/08 09:20 PM, Kajenx wrote: Hmm, do you use an armature of any sort to lay stuff out before you draw? Like circles or body masses? I'd be interested to see your process.

Sometimes on sketches I use a circle or two, but usually I just free hand it. I will put up a layout for you guys since you asked for it. :3 Thank you for commenting.

Scorp! As always thanks for the comment!

Response to Artness 2008-06-20 04:48:32

At 6/20/08 03:47 AM, PrinceFlea wrote: Say how hard is it usually when comes to developing some of the new species of dragons off in your mind and when you get have an Artist Block how do you overcome this type of problem if you want to create something different?

Those are good questions. To be quite honest, I have always been the type of person to invent something or create something new. I draw a lot and compose a lot of different ideas and place them together. I might notice a pattern of a certain creature that I will be drawing and then I might branch off of it later on. I don't try to force myself into making something new, I let it come to me. When I created the xerbur, I have always been into dragons with hoods over their heads and lots of horns and spots. Stupid stuff like that. I love dragons none the less, but I found myself pumping out millions of these creatures and I basically stated, " Okay, there is something up with me drawing this..."

As for an artist block, I don't get those a lot. My problem is finishing a picture- I can usually come up with a picture, but I might be dissatisified with it. On the occasion however, when I do get a writer's block or an artist block, I go away from the drawing. I don't force myself to finish it or complete anything of that sort. Instead I go do something different such as: reading a good fantasy novel or science fiction if I have a writer's block, also could stem your cerebellum to conjure up some wild crap from the story. Maybe go outside and take a walk, go do something adventureous. I find a lot of inspiration from nature, like earlier in the morning (Not this morning but yesterday's morning) I had just gotten back from surfing at Pacific Beach, thus inspiring me to do a becah themed picture later on. Another thing to battle an artist block is to do something remotely different from what you are intending to do. Completely forget about the picture or art and go off and do something different. This will stimulate your mind to wind up other crazy ideas, thoughs and inventions.

Sorry for the essay, but that is from my experiences and I hope this is somewhat helpful. Thank you for your review and comments I love answering them. Please enjoy the response.

I will show a picture that started my ongoing craze for the Xerbur. It isn't the first picture with a hooded creature, but it was one of the first that made me go, "Hm. I think I have drawn something similar before." I hope you enjoy it. And sorry for the lined paper, it sucks. I remember I was talking about Dungeons and Dragons and he was complaining how dragons look ugly with horns that curve forward. Of course with my competitive nature and stubborn will, I had to prove him wrong into submission that I was right. Which in the end did happen. :3

Enjoy <3

Artness

Response to Artness 2008-06-20 16:22:03

wow these are incrediable! you should be mega proud! do you make sig banners? if so could you do me one with one of your dragon creatures heads in? kkthnxbi

PSN name: madnesscombatguy

BBS Signature

Response to Artness 2008-06-20 18:17:16

At 6/20/08 04:22 PM, Dcombat wrote: wow these are incrediable! you should be mega proud! do you make sig banners? if so could you do me one with one of your dragon creatures heads in? kkthnxbi

Okay, I sent you a note. But off the topic of banners and signatures: I DO MAKE THEM! I also do commision work digital or traditional media. So if you want a banner or signature just ask, give me two or three of your favorite colors, background colors, styling of letters and what you want to be included. I will make it :3 So meh. I am too lazy to make one for myself, but I love drawing things and making things for other people.

A lot of people on my deviantart account liked this picture, so I decided to place it up here. It's a thing that I don't really have a name for, a combination of animals. It's cute and fluffy, plus is a good pet. :3 Sorry for the big orange stuff to the side, my scanner is a dipshit sometimes.

Enjoy <3

Artness

Response to Artness 2008-06-20 21:12:37

Posted this picture in 15 minute sketches, I know I shouldn't be posting my work everywhere, but honest it is only in two places!!! D: Anyways yeah, I don't really care how badly it is colored since I was on the phone and it is the hard brush. Blarg. Oh well. I had fun drawing it. If you don't like him, he doesn't care he's going to eat your face either way. BWAH!

Enjoy <3

Artness

Response to Artness 2008-06-21 00:33:47

Okay here is a WIP for something fun. I think I might crop it down to a banner size later when it is done. I have it scaled out on a sheet of paper and it's turning out okay. I didn't feel like saving it as a JEP right there so I just took a screenshot since that was easier. It is not done, hopefully it will be by tomorrow along with my xerbur, which is almost done. It still agrivates me sometimes because I have so much malice towards it with all the drama that went along with it to make the damn thing. Not so enjoyable. But this picture I am putting up is fun for me. This is the beginning of a xerbur. It has no eyes and no heavy hood on its head, but still has wings. So origin there! This is a sentinel of the big wierd, skeletal building with flashy blue lights around it. <3

Enjoy <3

Artness

Response to Artness 2008-06-21 00:38:43

At 6/21/08 12:33 AM, redenvy wrote: blah blah * description of pic below*

Enjoy <3

I like it, I like it very much.... I can't wait to see it finished.

God, I must learn how to use computer programs to color pics...... well, I'm off to read 100 pages of gimp text....

BBS Signature

Response to Artness 2008-06-22 00:21:32

Okay from the thread that Mindchamber made, 15 minute sketches, I had posted a picture that Ratherlemon commented on. He said that my xerbur had a very nice choice of hats. This sent me through the roof laughing so hard. With such a great Idea, I decided to draw the picture in response. Instead of stopping at 15 minutes to post the rough sketch, I decided to continue with the picture and finish it up. It took me forever. The main sketch was 15 minutes exactly, yes I time myself, and the rest of the 18 layers I don't even remember the break down. I started at 5 in the afternoon and it is now 9 o' clock at night. So roughly about three hours long with an hour break in the middle to watch Two and a Half Men. Love that show.

God I really had fun with this, and my music of inspiration was some good ole' Newgrounds music!!! Love that stuff. <3 Anyways yeah. I love xerburs.

Enjoy everyone <3

Artness

Response to Artness 2008-06-22 00:29:40

hmmm.... the pose distracts me.... but it's still a good pic.

I hate timed drawings.....I always mess up :(

BBS Signature

Response to Artness 2008-06-22 00:52:37

At 6/22/08 12:29 AM, ScorpianX0 wrote: hmmm.... the pose distracts me.... but it's still a good pic.

Thanks for the comment. I know the pose is sort of wierd, but I wanted that sort of quirky pose and make it different from the other pictures I have put of xerburs. Oh well. I still need to finish those other two, damn distractions. XD

Response to Artness 2008-06-22 00:57:56

At 6/22/08 12:52 AM, redenvy wrote:
At 6/22/08 12:29 AM, ScorpianX0 wrote: hmmm.... the pose distracts me.... but it's still a good pic.

Thanks for the comment. I know the pose is sort of wierd, but I wanted that sort of quirky pose and make it different from the other pictures I have put of xerburs. Oh well. I still need to finish those other two, damn distractions. XD

At least you're not doing 6 projects at the same time...... and I'm sorry, I haven't started on your garurumon pic yet ( yes, I still remember )

BBS Signature

Response to Artness 2008-06-22 01:05:40

At 6/22/08 12:57 AM, ScorpianX0 wrote:
At 6/22/08 12:52 AM, redenvy wrote:
At 6/22/08 12:29 AM, ScorpianX0 wrote:
At least you're not doing 6 projects at the same time...... and I'm sorry, I haven't started on your garurumon pic yet ( yes, I still remember )

Well what ticks me is that no one ever comments on anything I do, so I don't really have that motivation to draw so much and create a lot of output. :b My boyfriend is an extremely good artist and he always critiques the hell out of my work so sometimes it makes it unenjoyable. At least you comment on my stuff. Makes me feel loved... xD

As for my garurumon picture, it's okay take your time :b! At least you do traditional media mainly, because I tell yah, digital media is a pain in the butt sometimes. At least with a pencil you have the physical control of what you're doing. I like traditional media because it's old fashion, but I like the digital media because it is fun and different than what I'm used to.

Response to Artness 2008-06-22 01:13:45

At 6/22/08 01:05 AM, redenvy wrote:

Well what ticks me is that no one ever comments on anything I do, so I don't really have that motivation to draw so much and create a lot of output. :b My boyfriend is an extremely good artist and he always critiques the hell out of my work so sometimes it makes it unenjoyable. At least you comment on my stuff. Makes me feel loved... xD

well..... you're welcome... I just comment because I know how it feels to be un-noticed....that and I like your art-work

As for my garurumon picture, it's okay take your time :b! At least you do traditional media mainly, because I tell yah, digital media is a pain in the butt sometimes. At least with a pencil you have the physical control of what you're doing. I like traditional media because it's old fashion, but I like the digital media because it is fun and different than what I'm used to.

I like black and white.... and a using a pencil is so simple.... I would do more digital media, but it confuses me ( I'm not very familiar with digital media ).

Don't worry, after I finish my 1000 pageview Drawing on DA, I'll start your garurumon pic

BBS Signature

Response to Artness 2008-06-22 01:19:09

At 6/22/08 01:13 AM, ScorpianX0 wrote:
Don't worry, after I finish my 1000 pageview Drawing on DA, I'll start your garurumon pic

Yeah I saw that you just got 1000 page views, it is probably more than that now. So congradulations on that. :3 I have been on it for over a year and barely have half that many page views, oh well. I am too tied up with other things in my life at the moment. So I can only do what I have time for.

Response to Artness 2008-06-22 01:24:40

At 6/22/08 01:19 AM, redenvy wrote:
Yeah I saw that you just got 1000 page views, it is probably more than that now. So congradulations on that. :3 I have been on it for over a year and barely have half that many page views, oh well. I am too tied up with other things in my life at the moment. So I can only do what I have time for.

well.... the only reason I have so many pageviews is because I do fan-art... all your stuff is orginal, which really makes it better. Which makes me not much of an artist.

People relate to things that they're familar with more than something they've never seen before.
that's the only reason I've had some much responce to account.

BBS Signature

Response to Artness 2008-06-22 01:38:12

At 6/22/08 01:24 AM, ScorpianX0 wrote:
well.... the only reason I have so many pageviews is because I do fan-art... all your stuff is orginal, which really makes it better. Which makes me not much of an artist.

People relate to things that they're familar with more than something they've never seen before.
that's the only reason I've had some much responce to account.

Well I understand the fan art thing, but that doesn't make you any less of an artist. I have seen some crappy fan art, and I have to say your fan art is wonderful. :3 So don't consider yourself lesser of an artist because of it. I like your Renamon pictures, they are extremely good same for your other fan art pictures. I am just not a fan a Narotu (sp?) at all, but doesn't make them any worse because I don't like something.

You're an artist. :3

Response to Artness 2008-06-22 01:49:51

At 6/22/08 01:38 AM, redenvy wrote:
At 6/22/08 01:24 AM, ScorpianX0 wrote:
KITTENS

well i bet if u put a pic of ur self on DA and a pic of ur self as ur userpic u would get ALOT MORE people on ur page :]

Support Help a Noob day By Putting ur sig as

BBS Signature