00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Chan99 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Artness

18,073 Views | 254 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Artness 2008-05-14 01:02:59

So I was bored in posting in other peoples' forums. So I decided to make my own. :D Anyways-

Here is a picture I'm almost done coloring. It is a work in progress so I am rather excited about it since I don't usually color my work, because I get so busy.

I know there are flaws with the helmet and other things, I see them- but then again it is a work in progress so ENJOY!

Artness

Response to Artness 2008-05-14 01:10:52

niceness---update us soon, pleaseness

Response to Artness 2008-05-15 00:35:57

Okay, so I again was messing around with coloring and this is what I came up with.

- The green creature with the brown shield-thing is a Xerbur. He doesn't have a name, but he is morally evil by the coloring and the long, lower mandible teeth. Plus he is not finished with color. He has the base colors and shades plus tints, however he does not have any detail. I might administer that later.

- The blue creature is some random sea dragon. He's done for the most part, his plates on his chest are still being tweaked with because they aren't realistic enough for me yet. The whole picture was just an experiment to tie in colors. I had fun with him.

Enjoy <3

Artness

Response to Artness 2008-05-15 00:58:43

I like the dragon head in the margin of the first one better than these but keep it up

Response to Artness 2008-05-15 01:11:27

At 5/15/08 12:58 AM, GoddaM wrote: I like the dragon head in the margin of the first one better than these but keep it up

That's understandable since you have a more cartoon-like style. ( That is what I have seen on your site. )

Anyways- I never intended on stopping. I only say that to the "keep it up," comment. Plus I don't know whether to take this as a compliment or a "hey you suck." So meh.

----------------------------------------
----------------

More Xerbur, I think I have posted this here. I don't know, this is on my DA account- but I truly love it.

Artness

Response to Artness 2008-05-15 03:22:38

At 5/15/08 01:11 AM, redenvy wrote:
That's understandable since you have a more cartoon-like style. ( That is what I have seen on your site. )

Anyways- I never intended on stopping. I only say that to the "keep it up," comment. Plus I don't know whether to take this as a compliment or a "hey you suck." So meh.

More Xerbur, I think I have posted this here. I don't know, this is on my DA account- but I truly love it.

"keep it up" as in, more please---I like this dragon head too, is that like a scaled hood over its eyes, cause that's actually pretty unique

Response to Artness 2008-05-15 03:29:01

Nice stuff, but a bit more detail and definition would be nice.

Forum sig? Whats that.. 3D art thread, My art thread

Response to Artness 2008-05-16 21:09:13

I drew this a bit ago, it is a sketch so of course it isn't perfect. Nor did I ever intend it to be. The hair is wierd, but I will never go back and fix it because I am too lazy to. I don't know if I ever uploaded this picture or not either. So meh.

Also, fyi on the left arm with the crazy looking hand, I wanted the hand to look like that. Like she was "poofin" some magic out of it. Anyways for the arm, the fold in the cloth is wrong, so oh well. I don't really care.

Enjoy <3

Artness

Response to Artness 2008-05-16 23:44:37

WEEEE for double postness! Anyways I don't really care because the time lapse is so far between each other. I was suppposed to do my reading project, but instead I decided to draw- how convienient!

Here are some Xerburs lofting around. The one that is upside down is not dead. The one xerbur that is facing forwards, I was trying a new angle and this being one of my least favorite angles too. I did it as an experiment and not they don't go moo. I was meerly entertaining myself...

MOOO!!! Enjoy <3

Artness

Response to Artness 2008-05-17 00:47:43

Great stuff, I love your dragons too.

PM me if you think I am good at MS paint. PMs: 9 Newest By:

darkspartan000 Siggy, made by ME :3

BBS Signature

Response to Artness 2008-05-17 03:04:04

Xerburs has to be one of the coolest dragon concepts I've encountered in a long time---I'd love to see a complete full body illo or maybe even an action scene...

Response to Artness 2008-05-17 03:44:17

At 5/17/08 03:04 AM, GoddaM wrote: Xerburs has to be one of the coolest dragon concepts I've encountered in a long time---I'd love to see a complete full body illo or maybe even an action scene...

Well that's so ironic, because I just got finished with a body concept of one like ten minutes ago. And thank you very much :D. I googled Xerbur and it goes to the links I've posted them at. So they're one of a kind.

Here is Azur Da, he's awesome.

Enjoy

Artness

Response to Artness 2008-05-17 03:47:52

Sorry double posting again, but since Goddam asked for a body shot- I must put up another body shot. This one can be found in the forum doodlage, but it is a nice asset I could add to here as well.

Don't mind the "cave painting" type coloring as my friend would say, because that was supposed to be teh background and I never completed it. I might some time in the future.

He is an evil Xerbur since his lower teeth jut out.<3 Also he just appears to be wicked anyways.

Artness

Response to Artness 2008-05-17 14:37:28

Woot! Onto Triple Postness!

Anyways I have a lot of stuff to do today- like this huge book project and so I must post a picture before I get swallowed into working.

It is a simple fifteen minute sketch I was messing around with. I wanted to give more information about the Xerbur, so I drew three two-toed Xerburs. As it says on the side, they are generally found in northern areas where the climate is colder to help with traction. However, the higher bred Xerburs do not have two toes, they just have teh basic five claws. They may have two toes but they also have an opposable thumb to help them grab objects......

Sorry for ranting, but bleh ENJOY!

Artness

Response to Artness 2008-05-18 01:19:52

Well 4th post in a row. I know that I should color my work, but I dno't have timmmmme. ANyways here is a quick sketch that I did while doing my project...

Of course another Xerbur, I don't know what is up with his hand. But it's unique and there.

Artness

Response to Artness 2008-05-18 05:38:35

I want my own Xerbur-friend, are they easy to raise?

Response to Artness 2008-05-19 15:18:36

Bored in classes today and doodled some. Here is a crummy head shot of a part Sel Tari and Part Human girl. Alli is her name I guess xD! My friend forced me to name it after his girlfriend, so I obliged eh! Enjoy.... And forewarning, I will be double posting!

Artness

Response to Artness 2008-05-19 15:26:59

Awwww! Isn't he so cute and loveable??? I just want to pat his belly.

Okay... Anyways enough creepyness, I have been infatuated with the upside down angle and it has been fun experimenting with. I think I like this one the best so far out of the three upside down poses I've done. I have two other drawings I started of Xerburs but they really haven't taken off yet, I might mess with them after I'm done with school work.

Enjoy <3

( And I know his left hand looks funky, I got too mad to mess with it anymore so meh! )

Artness

Response to Artness 2008-05-19 23:41:21

I give up thinking I will receive comments- so here is another picture of two Xerburs. One on the right is left is evil, one on the right is good. I don't now, I gave it a corny title to go along with it. XD Well anyways Enjoy. ( God I have such a headache...)

Artness

Response to Artness 2008-05-20 03:24:29

I like yo' creatures.

"Some people never go crazy. What truly horrible lives they must lead." - Charles Bukowski.

BBS Signature

Response to Artness 2008-05-20 06:20:48

Hahaha...... nice dragons... oddly, not too many people draw dragons on newgrounds, Kudos!

My Art thread / My DA account or just click my sig pic.

Beastiality is WAAYYYYY against park regulations, but YIFFY is ok

BBS Signature

Response to Artness 2008-05-20 23:14:56

I am dreadfully sick, I have a sinus infection and my doctor even said if this progresses it may have been some foreign case of pnemonia(SP? Really I could care less at this point...)

So while feeling so crummy, I decided to draw some. Here is a Xerbur showing his ultimate domiance over a pathetically small, but curious chameleon creature. <3

Enjoy.

( Sorry for the other drawing on the back._.)

Artness

Response to Artness 2008-05-20 23:30:14

wow your really good at fantasy I suck at it but Im good with cats/tigers or any other feline. Hey I like cats

come see my stuff and vote on my future.

'click'

BBS Signature

Response to Artness 2008-05-21 00:38:46

Although they are not in color these are 5 star pix!!!

Response to Artness 2008-05-21 21:57:31

Well here are some random pictures I did a few days ago in sociology, I have really no desire to draw right now. So I must lean on my old art crutches. D:

This is like a Shaman Sel Tari, I know it is a Sel Tari, but I just don't care to think right now. Also I have just now noticed that her lips are like lopsided. As for the tilted shoulders, they're supposed to be like that, that is why one arm is lower than the other yeah? :b

Anyways enjoy.

Artness

Response to Artness 2008-05-21 22:11:33

Okay, haha, I drew this for a friend of mine when we were surfing on the internet and came across "LOLcats!" We found a picture of a walrus leaned up against the glass staring at a girl carrying a bucket. The text said, " My associate tells me that you are in pocession of my bucket." We couldn't stop laughing for like thirty minutes. ( Note: It wasn't that well written it was written in LOLcat type. :b ) Anyways- I drew a picture for him of my character Lych in chibi-form and a walrus with a bucket and a random moose. No idea why I drew a moose but I did. The picture still makes me laugh and I love the expression Lych has.

Enjoy <3

( Sorry for the double post as well )

Artness

Response to Artness 2008-05-21 22:18:16

your right the moose is random

come see my stuff and vote on my future.

'click'

BBS Signature

Response to Artness 2008-05-22 02:37:15

Haha, well I was cleaning out my folders on my computer and came across a picture of Suicune, which is a pokemon that I drew back in July of last year. SO I am deciding to post it because it is probably one of my very few finished pictures done in colored pencils... YAY!

I am not exactly proud of it because I suck at fan art in the first place. So meh! However, I do like how I colored it.

Enjoy <3

Artness

Response to Artness 2008-05-22 03:30:22

nice work

Response to Artness 2008-05-22 06:38:01

At 5/20/08 11:14 PM, redenvy wrote:
So while feeling so crummy, I decided to draw some. Here is a Xerbur showing his ultimate domiance over a pathetically small, but curious chameleon creature. <3

oh, I like this one, I like evil looking things.. yay evil

My Art thread / My DA account or just click my sig pic.

Beastiality is WAAYYYYY against park regulations, but YIFFY is ok

BBS Signature