00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

B0ss3 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

The Great Canadian Audio Tour

3,287 Views | 46 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

The Great Canadian Audio Tour 2008-05-07 01:06:38

Well hello Newgrounds!

I want to collaborate... WAIT!.... don't flame me just yet.

I'm tired of this mansy pansy Collaboration via interweb thing we keep semi-successfully attempting. How about something that hasn't been done before (At least I think I'm the only one stupid enough to go for this)

You see, my 50th submission to Newgrounds is fast approaching and I've been thinking hard of a way to commemorate such an occasion. It got me thinking....

I have some bucks saved up, some holidays from work stored away as well. It's time to do some Traveling!

So heres what I'm going to do. I'm going to hop in a car and an airplane, and make some stops. I'm going to go and visit a few of my favorite Canadian newgrounds artists.

My plan is to meet and collaborate in person with a few newgrounds artists for my 50th Submission.

So heres the deal, if you live in Alberta... let me know, I could drive anywhere in alberta fairly easily.

I'm also making a weekend trip near or in Kelowna. And I'll be making one flight down to Toronto.

If you live or can get to any of these places easily and want to be involved, let me know.

That pretty much flexes my budget for this idea, so I won't be going anywhere outside of Alberta. Unless of course you fund my ticket... in which case... I'll certainly go anywhere you like.

I'll be videotaping everything I can and give you guys a chance to meet a few artists from Newgrounds yourself. I wish I could go all over the world to meet a lot of you, but, I'm not rich like our founding father Tom Fulp.

In The End the music that will come fourth is of the least importance... the learning experience and chance to get creative with some of you guys will be well worth it.

Cheers to all who are able to join in. Though I doubt there will be many... if any.

At the time of this posting I have confirmed a visit with MaestroRage in Toronto, and hope to confirm a visit with Bad_Man_Incorporated as soon as I speak with him)

Response to The Great Canadian Audio Tour 2008-05-07 01:11:42

Thats right, I'll be chewing gum and kicking Dan's ass!

At least, kicking ass Canadian style, which really is us throwing our pet beavers at each other until the other succumbs to rabies.

Can't wait to meet you in real life Dan, if we remember any of it, we didn't do it right.

Response to The Great Canadian Audio Tour 2008-05-07 01:21:46

I'm in on this...wtf I didnt know maestro was from toronto. I used to live in scarborough, And I just got back from banff so that would've been nice to know. Either way M-R I'm from oshawa. I'd be happy to meet up with you. I think I'm visiting Cronamut soon as well. Hopefully it's after the 11th of june, I turn 19 then :P

Response to The Great Canadian Audio Tour 2008-05-07 01:30:31

have you the pet beavers to triumph over ME!?

Well hell we'd love to have you if you can make it! We could all chill, jam, and insult the mothers of the other.

Response to The Great Canadian Audio Tour 2008-05-07 01:33:02

Excellent thats one more for Toronto, I'll let you know dates when I find a convenient time to get down there myself.

Response to The Great Canadian Audio Tour 2008-05-07 01:37:44

Just to make sure...by the looks of it yuo record live correct? If I am
1: congrats I have tons of respect for you right there
2: I have a keyboard if you need to use one for your Collab, It's nothing Insane, but it works jsut as well, and is computer compatable.

Response to The Great Canadian Audio Tour 2008-05-07 01:53:06

At 5/7/08 01:06 AM, MilkMan-Dan wrote: Well hello Newgrounds!

I want to collaborate... WAIT!.... don't flame me just yet.

You see, my 50th submission to Newgrounds is fast approaching and I've been thinking hard of a way to commemorate such an occasion. It got me thinking....

I live in Calgary! PM me I'm rly fucking busy.

Keeping it real with fake computer music since 2006

Spotify

Lime Tea

BBS Signature

Response to The Great Canadian Audio Tour 2008-05-07 04:38:17

Rig and myself both live in winnipeg (not sure about him though, might be at school in montreal). It would be awesome if you made a stop out here.

You will lol, and you will like it.

BBS Signature

Response to The Great Canadian Audio Tour 2008-05-07 06:35:09

*Reads all previous posts*

...Y'know, it really SUCKS living in New Zealand.

I mean, Im on the freakin' bottom of the world!

Great Idea though!

My Music | Me | F-777 | Kr1z | Audio Portal | For teh lulz ^^

BBS Signature

Response to The Great Canadian Audio Tour 2008-05-07 09:42:35

If you're in uh, San jose, california (united states - shudder...) then let me know.

Response to The Great Canadian Audio Tour 2008-05-07 15:03:21

At 5/7/08 09:42 AM, joshhunsaker wrote: If you're in uh, San jose, california (united states - shudder...) then let me know.

Holy shit. I'm actually spending a week there this summer.

Response to The Great Canadian Audio Tour 2008-05-07 15:25:23

Again I must clarify that I will only be Going to anywhere in Alberta, Near Kelowna, BC... and Toronto Ontario. Anywhere else is beyond my budget for this tour (unless of course you pay for the trip, which isn't likely). So if you'd like to get together for an Interview (or The big music collaboration) and are available for those areas at any time, let me know.

I'm hoping the trip to Toronto will be the biggest. Me and Maestro promise there will be crackers, cake... and mom jokes.

Response to The Great Canadian Audio Tour 2008-05-07 16:46:49

Kamloops?

BBS Signature

Response to The Great Canadian Audio Tour 2008-05-07 17:12:27

it seems as if no one lives down here in lil' ol' nova scotia

chip tune

Response to The Great Canadian Audio Tour 2008-05-07 17:22:39

I live in Calgary

Pat!M /// a.k.a Dj Pope

BBS Signature

Response to The Great Canadian Audio Tour 2008-05-07 23:20:48

At 5/7/08 04:46 PM, Bad-Man-Incorporated wrote: Kamloops?

Shit and here the whole time I thought it was Kelowna... ok people... I'm going to Kamloops not Kelowna. :D.... haha I'm such an idiot.

For those who live in calgary... I'll catch you all in one shot for sure.

Spread the word.

Glad to see many of you considering going to Toronto. Please send me a message if your sure, and I'll send everyone a date and place in advance.

Looking good people... looking very good... hey maybe if we get enough people, Mr.Fulp will look upon this and bless us with swag to adorn our holy gathering.

Does anyone know any popular Flash artists who live in the toronto area?

Response to The Great Canadian Audio Tour 2008-05-07 23:32:00

Well toronto isn't exactl;y a far trip for me, I can catch a train there for like $8 Or drive there in 30 minutes... Either way I'll pm you, maybe you got an msn or something.

Response to The Great Canadian Audio Tour 2008-05-08 01:49:18

Aw, you're just skipping two provinces? Winnipeg is full of...Shenkhar and I. :(

____________________________Bel-Air remixes! You must listen!____________________________

BBS Signature

Response to The Great Canadian Audio Tour 2008-05-08 02:46:10

At 5/8/08 01:49 AM, Rig wrote: Aw, you're just skipping two provinces? Winnipeg is full of...Shenkhar and I. :(

Man I wish I could, but thats a whole other flight plan.... the extra few hundred dollars is simply too much to cover it (and I'm certainly sure I'm the only one silly enough to fund this tour in the first place)... it would be cool to drive down there... but I simply don't have the 5 days I'd need to make such a drive worth it.

Maybe I'll take another tour next year, or if your in Alberta for any reason let me know and we'll work something out.

Response to The Great Canadian Audio Tour 2008-05-08 02:47:48

At 5/7/08 05:22 PM, dj-pope wrote: I live in Calgary

Yo me too man you should prbly come check Cow town up G.

Keeping it real with fake computer music since 2006

Spotify

Lime Tea

BBS Signature

Response to The Great Canadian Audio Tour 2008-05-08 03:38:16

I'll certainly be coming to CowTown. Just make sure you PM me so I can remember to send you details of when I come down there.

Response to The Great Canadian Audio Tour 2008-05-08 04:09:16

I might be going out to B.C sometime this summer to check out the vancover film school, could make a stop in cowtown. What month will you be going?

You will lol, and you will like it.

BBS Signature

Response to The Great Canadian Audio Tour 2008-05-08 04:14:07

At 5/7/08 01:11 AM, MaestroRage wrote: Thats right, I'll be chewing gum and kicking Dan's ass!

At least, kicking ass Canadian style, which really is us throwing our pet beavers at each other until the other succumbs to rabies.

Can't wait to meet you in real life Dan, if we remember any of it, we didn't do it right.

Come to think of it, has ANYONE seen you in real life, MR? I sure haven't. I checked the audio pics thread, but you seem to be hiding from me. Why do you not want me to see your beautiful face?

Response to The Great Canadian Audio Tour 2008-05-08 11:48:05

At 5/7/08 03:03 PM, Nav wrote:
At 5/7/08 09:42 AM, joshhunsaker wrote: If you're in uh, San jose, california (united states - shudder...) then let me know.
Holy shit. I'm actually spending a week there this summer.

Ha. I actually live (for the next 24 hours and for the past two years) about an hour or two south of San Jose in Monterey.

Response to The Great Canadian Audio Tour 2008-05-08 12:04:36

At 5/7/08 05:12 PM, glitchcore wrote: it seems as if no one lives down here in lil' ol' nova scotia

NOVA SCOTIA FTW

Check out my newest song HERE!

BBS Signature

Response to The Great Canadian Audio Tour 2008-05-08 15:47:01

At 5/7/08 03:03 PM, Nav wrote: Holy shit. I'm actually spending a week there this summer.

Looks like you'll be taking the US tour. We down for Baltimore?

Response to The Great Canadian Audio Tour 2008-05-08 17:36:09

I feel so alone beeing the only german around this forum. ;(

I are pwnan teh lollbarian!

...SoS - We rape responsibly...

BBS Signature

Response to The Great Canadian Audio Tour 2008-05-08 17:48:51

At 5/8/08 05:36 PM, DarKsidE555 wrote: I feel so alone beeing the only german around this forum. ;(

Thats 'cause most Germans don't have internet. The majority of your country is still impoverished due to your shameful defeat from Allied forces in WWII.

Response to The Great Canadian Audio Tour 2008-05-08 18:07:24

At 5/8/08 05:48 PM, JoeyNukes wrote:
At 5/8/08 05:36 PM, DarKsidE555 wrote: I feel so alone beeing the only german around this forum. ;(
Thats 'cause most Germans don't have internet. The majority of your country is still impoverished due to your shameful defeat from Allied forces in WWII.

lololol a WWII joke...so funny...I TOTALLY didn't see that one coming...d'oh...

I are pwnan teh lollbarian!

...SoS - We rape responsibly...

BBS Signature

Response to The Great Canadian Audio Tour 2008-05-08 18:57:34

lol nice but still >.< i live in renfrew so most of you people who live in toronto and ottawa should know where that is .. i hope...anywho i would love to get in on this but ......i dont got a drive up there xD