New Topic Respond to this Topic
Phobotech
Phobotech
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 36
Animator
Response to Ghost / Supernat. Club 2012-01-23 01:00:05 Reply

I'd like to be educated on y'alls collective theories on the spectral paranormal, because General has shit for brains.

"I sail through a golden nexus. By tanks with armor that glisten. I watch and I play with creations, and what I'm not reading, I listen." <-

BBS Signature
Ship
Ship
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 33
Melancholy
Response to Ghost / Supernat. Club 2012-01-25 18:50:05 Reply

At 1/23/12 01:00 AM, Phobotech wrote: I'd like to be educated on y'alls collective theories on the spectral paranormal, because General has shit for brains.

What would you like to know? There are plenty of stories in the past couples pages, but if you have any specific questions I'd be more than happy to answer them.

Phobotech
Phobotech
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 36
Animator
Response to Ghost / Supernat. Club 2012-01-25 22:24:37 Reply

Well, I've yet to experience my first encounter, but from stories from family and close friends seem to be my only solidifying proof. The consistencies in patterns and details throughout lore and history alike would seem to suggest there's something about ourselves we don't fully understand, should ghosts be real.

I'm fascinated in what we could learn if we could bridge a communicative gap between the dead and the living. What we could learn about our past, ourselves, our future. Especially since they seem to be comprised of energy, what a better understanding of their mechanism could do to our knowledge on the body/soul's inherit energy. What could bridging the gap to our eternal, ethereal forms do to science and technology? What could it prove or disprove about religion? Would it abolish the confusion set about from the splintering sects, or would it fog everything further into a thick void of uncertainty.

I want to know, beyond a shadow of a doubt, if they really are fables and tall-tales we like to resescutate and retell so we have something to believe in...something to distract us from a possible absolute blackness when we die, or if there is a truth to them...and in some instances we can forever roam the earth as a wisp. Would it be torment? Are they echos of the past? Are they sentient?

...basically everything I'm addressing in that thread I linked. The BBS seems to think, almost overwhelmingly, that they don't exist, based on nothing. That all proof has been falsely mistaken as such or fabricated. I'd like to see for myself, but I'd also like to hear on y'alls findings. Your stories, experiences.

"I sail through a golden nexus. By tanks with armor that glisten. I watch and I play with creations, and what I'm not reading, I listen." <-

BBS Signature
Ship
Ship
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 33
Melancholy
Response to Ghost / Supernat. Club 2012-01-26 02:32:32 Reply

At 1/25/12 10:24 PM, Phobotech wrote: Well, I've yet to experience my first encounter, but from stories from family and close friends seem to be my only solidifying proof. The consistencies in patterns and details throughout lore and history alike would seem to suggest there's something about ourselves we don't fully understand, should ghosts be real.

Back before I had my first experience, I overwhelmingly believed that ghosts weren't real. I consider myself far too logical of a person to believe in something that seems to far-fetched. My brain needs proof of some sort before it really wants to believe something. Hell, even after my first real encounter with a ghost I tried to convince myself that it was fake. That it was all some strange occurrence that was totally fabricated by my own mind. Since I had so strongly believed for so long that ghosts weren't real, not even seeing was believing for me. I was at a weird point. To this day, my experience is very limited, I've had I'd say 3 or 4 real occurrences that I can't explain and that has been enough to convince me. The thing is that there's still so much about it that I don't, and probably never will, understand.

I'm fascinated in what we could learn if we could bridge a communicative gap between the dead and the living. What we could learn about our past, ourselves, our future. Especially since they seem to be comprised of energy, what a better understanding of their mechanism could do to our knowledge on the body/soul's inherit energy. What could bridging the gap to our eternal, ethereal forms do to science and technology? What could it prove or disprove about religion? Would it abolish the confusion set about from the splintering sects, or would it fog everything further into a thick void of uncertainty.

I know that ghosts have a purpose here. I don't think that they are just things that arbitrarily float around and like to fuck with people. They must choose who and what they interact with for a certain reason. I believe that they're fully sentient and still possess the minds that they once had when they were alive. However, I don't think their purpose is to be studied, and I don't think any of them wish to be studied. They aren't here to tell us whether or not God is real, and I don't feel they're here to provide us with technological expertise either. I really wish I knew the reason that they exist and the reason that they are here.

Unfortunately I have 0 knowledge about trying to form a communicative gap between ghosts and humans. I know smeagol1 was setting up some sort of research about paranormal activity recently, I just have yet to hear any of his findings since I haven't heard from him here in awhile. The encounters I've had, it has been either impossible for me to establish communication, or I was far too terrified to do so. Seeing ghosts is scary, I don't care how many times it's happened to you. It's human nature to fear the unknown, and that is exactly what you're dealing with. I've wanted to see my ghost that I have seen twice again so that I can attempt it, but unfortunately its him/her/it that decides when to appear.

I want to know, beyond a shadow of a doubt, if they really are fables and tall-tales we like to resescutate and retell so we have something to believe in...something to distract us from a possible absolute blackness when we die, or if there is a truth to them...and in some instances we can forever roam the earth as a wisp. Would it be torment? Are they echos of the past? Are they sentient?

Again, I feel like these are things that we may never know. A ghost just isn't going to sit down and have a conversation with you. It's not how it works. Also, some things are probably just too complex for us to wrap our minds around. How and why ghosts exist must be far too complex for humans to understand, otherwise some sort of credible theory would have arisen. With ghosts a lot of it is unfortunately speculation and guessing. The damn things are so cryptic that comprehending them is near impossible. If only we could capture one and interview it..

...basically everything I'm addressing in that thread I linked. The BBS seems to think, almost overwhelmingly, that they don't exist, based on nothing. That all proof has been falsely mistaken as such or fabricated. I'd like to see for myself, but I'd also like to hear on y'alls findings. Your stories, experiences.

I'd like to see what Luke has to say on the matter considering he has far more experience than I do, but I'll offer what I can. I feel the reason the BBS feels the way it does is because they haven't had their eye opening experience. I was the exact same way before I had my first encounter. It seems far too illogical to believe in them, and it's much too easy for people to dismiss all ghost stories as hoaxes. I did. It's just so hard to prove ghosts exist, especially in the world of Photoshop and CGI and other video effects that people really need to experience it to truly believe.

So here's my story of my first experience:

It was about 4 years ago, sometime during my senior year of high school. It was a Thursday night and I was getting ready for bed. I was texting my girlfriend and had just said goodnight to her. I brushed my teeth and laid down in bed, and shut my eyes for probably 30 seconds when all of the sudden I heard a loud banging sound. It sounded like someone opened my bedroom door and slammed it shut really quickly. I jolt up and all of the sudden see this figure standing at my door, that is completely paper white. It's hard to describe, but it looks like a cartoon almost. It has a paper white T-shirt, and pants on. But the scariest part was its face. It had a super large grin on its face that literally stretched from one ear to another. And then what freaked me out was that the rest of its face looked like my older brother. I was petrified in my bed. But then, the figure starts walking towards the foot of my bed, almost gliding towards me. It stops at my bed, and then bends down to where I can't see it anymore, and just disappears. I had convinced myself that it was my brother coming in to get a pair of shorts from me or something, since it looked like him. So of course the next morning I asked him and he said no he hadn't been in my room.

Here's where it gets fucked up though. I had forgotten that about a year prior, my brother had randomly asked me one morning if I had gone into his room the night before to get some shorts. I said no extremely confused. So, back to the present, I remembered my brother asking me this and I asked him if he had seen a ghost. He said yes, that night he had seen a ghost that looked like me enter his room and walk to the foot of his bed and bend down, almost as if reaching for a pair of shorts. Me and him had had the exact same experience. So this ghost either a) likes to hide underneath beds b) really likes shorts or c) idk what the fuck it's doing. I've seen the ghost one other time, but that's a story for another night because I'm tired. To this day I'm still perplexed about it, and I wish I could see Stanley again (that's what me and my brother named our ghost).

And of course, all of the stories posted in this group are on the honor system. We assume everything is true. But I swear, i know it's hard to trust the honor of a totally anonymous person on the internet, but I did not make this story up. I promise to you that that is how it happened.

But anyway, that's story number one that first got me thinking that maybe ghosts were in fact real... You really can't know though until it happens to you.

Phobotech
Phobotech
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 36
Animator
Response to Ghost / Supernat. Club 2012-01-26 04:21:51 Reply

It...emulated your brother for you, and visa versa?

I've heard of shadow people, where it seems to be an amorphous parody of a human shape, but almost comprised entirely of light consuming blackness...and in my studies, I've discovered there's a sort of polar opposite to that where they're white, not black.

But for it to almost...mockingly assume the form of your brother. Immediately initiate the noise to gain your full attention, and doing all that seems to be a deliberate action to gain your attention.

...and to what? Trolls from the extraplane?

"Problem, mortal?" lol

Granted, if I was immortal and massless, I would totally spend an eternity fucking with people every once and while; that just seems human...but that concretes that whatever they are, they were once people.

(but that's another thing that baffles me; how they have no mass, and yet can influence mass. Slamming or moving objects...sometimes throwing them. The famous scratches. The knocks, footsteps...the touch.)

For it to have known what your brother would look like, and then make itself, awaringly, imitate that form, that means it has a sense of self...it knew what it was doing, and could somehow manipulate its appearance.

I imagine older ghosts would have a better understanding of what they're capable of...through years of trial and error or pushing the limits as to where they could go or what they could do. There's no way a coincedental echo of time would deliberately gain your attention and do that like that...

One of these days...I'll compose a broad theory of ghosts. It absolutely fascinates me.

BBS Signature
Ship
Ship
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 33
Melancholy
Response to Ghost / Supernat. Club 2012-01-26 13:43:17 Reply

Haha I certainly hope I don't have a ghost that just likes to fuck with me. I'd rather not be the butt of some ghostly joke. Although that would be hilarious if that was the reason for their existence...

But if you like that story, then I have one very similar.

This was my second encounter with Stanley. I had more or less convinced myself that the first encounter was a product of my imagination so I began once again to doubt the existence of a ghost, probably because I didn't really want to believe it. Anyway, this time it occurred the summer after my senior year of high school. It was late at night and I was heading to bed once again. This time I stayed up and laid in my bed as I texted my girlfriend for 45 minutes or so. Then she fell asleep so decided I would too since I had nothing else to do. Once again I shut my eyes and heard the same loud bang from before. I shot up again and looked at my door. This time, standing in front of my dresser which was exactly to mt left of my door, was what I presume to be my friend Stanley again. Only this time, he looked much different. This time he assumed the shape of my dad who was sleeping right downstairs in his own bed.

Now the weird part about it was that he was in the shape of my dad, but that was the only thing that looked like my dad. He had my dad's outline, but the rest of the ghost was almost entirely transparent. It was like looking through I rain-covered window. It was blurry, but I could still see through it, only everything behind it was foggy and hazy. It's extremely hard to describe because the ghost was something I could see, but at the same time was almost invisible.

Anyway, this ghost that was in the shape of my dad was standing right in front of my dresser. It stood there for a couple seconds, and then it started walking to its left towards a mirror I had standing up. The only thing was was that it was moving so slowly. I remember sitting in my bed just watching it move for what seemed like eternity. Then it finally reached the mirror and disappeared once it reached it. I grabbed my cell phone and shined it around the room only to see... nothing. My room looked like it hadn't been disturbed. I asked my younger brother (who was 10 feet down the hall from me) if he had heard any loud banging sounds the night before and he said no. So now I have had 2 different ghost visits where each time the ghost has assumed the form of a different member of my family. I don't know why and I wish I did.

Now it had been mentioned in this club earlier (by Luke I believe), that ghosts can sometimes use mirrors as portals to another realm or dimension or wherever it is they go. The reason I bring that up is that both times the ghost appeared, it moved towards the mirror in my room. Now I checked the mirror out and examined it, and it doesn't look abnormal at all. It's simply a rectangular mirror that you can lean against a wall. I don't know what ghostly portals look like however, so I may be missing something. But what I do is after that I moved my mirror to a different part of the room and have not had an encounter since then, and I've been going home and sleeping in that same room for all of my breaks from college for the past 4 years. I think that there has to be some sort of connection between the mirror's placement in my room, the ghost always moving towards is, and the ghost for some reason looking like my family members. That's the part that scares me the most, why does it have to look like my family members? Maybe so it's something recognizable by me? I wish I knew.

I'm glad you brought up ghostly manipulation of matter because I also have a story about that. Now this story may or may not be related to ghosts, it's really hard to tell, but it seemed so out of the ordinary that I feel like it has to have some sort of supernatural connection. So here's what happened: the setting is sometime in between my first and second story, I don't remember exactly. So I went to bed, and had been asleep for a couple hours when all of the sudden I woke up to an extremely loud crashing sound. I look up and my ceiling fan is just violently swinging back and forth and I'm terrified as to why. I run over to my closet and turn the fan off and it calms down. So I look up at it, and somehow one of the blades of the fan just completely snapped off and flew right into my wall. I still have the hole in my wall as proof, and I can take a picture once I go home for spring break.

That was an event that I'm not really sure if it has to do with a ghost or not, so I just assumed it was a crappy fan at the time. But either way, I hope it's not an indication that my ghost is hostile and could try and do something bad to me at some point. But I agree with what you said, it's absolutely perplexing and fascinating how ghosts, who seem to be just nothingness floating through the air, can manipulate actual objects almost by magic. I wish I could study them so much more, and I wish it was possible for me to really understand how and why they are here, but I don't think I ever will. It's almost torturous really.

If you look back a couple pages Luke has some interesting stories about how he has some little girl's spirit following him around and he's not sure if it's a demon or daemon or what. I find it extremely interesting and really wish he'd post more about it since I've been getting a lot of cliff hangers

Phobotech
Phobotech
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 36
Animator
Response to Ghost / Supernat. Club 2012-01-26 15:52:21 Reply

I know that ghosts can be hostile if they want. Lots of accounts of people being picked up and thrown, or objects thrown at them.

One instance was from my family; my Mom and my Dad were in some HUGE argument, and the argument was escalating to a point where my father had picked something up and threw it down the hall at her. He was alone , standing in the middle of his office at this time as she was walking off, away, down the hall. He throws whatever he threw, and something hits him in the back of the head.

It was a framed picture of grandpa; my Mom's father. It had somehow repelled OFF of the bookcase in the corner of the office, and hit my father right in the back of the head.

He got the message pretty clearly not to throw shit during an argument. My Dad is a profound believer of ghosts, and immediately apologized to Walt Wallace (grandpa) and made up with Mom. lol

In your stories, however, this is the first I've heard on ghosts using mirrors as sort of gateways. I'm aware that ghosts can certainly become involved with mirrors. I BELIEVE that's why feng shui leans heavily upon setting up mirrors pointed towards your doorway (though I don't know for certain.) Still, the ghost paranormal's relationship with reflective surfaces is worth the investigation...I wonder if it's function is in any way related to body's of water, citing numerous Castle Ghosts of Scotland and Civil War locations by rivers. Coastal haunted locations and such...it's probably unrelated, but I can't help but wonder if those attributes parallel.

BBS Signature
Canas
Canas
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 32
Artist
Response to Ghost / Supernat. Club 2012-01-26 17:37:57 Reply

ONE TIME I SAW A GHOST

Ghost / Supernat. Club

Ship
Ship
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 33
Melancholy
Response to Ghost / Supernat. Club 2012-01-31 17:32:27 Reply

Yea, sadly I finding my self saying "I don't know" or "I don't understand" a lot when it comes to ghosts. I haven't done extensive research when it comes to them, I mostly just have what's been posted in this club and what's happened to me to base my knowledge off. The only difficult thing with researching them is you don't know what's fake, and there are so many different hypotheses out there about ghosts that you just have a million different people who think a million different things. It's frustrating.

The only thing is now that I understand a lot, I really want to have another encounter because hopefully this time I won't be petrified scared and I'll actually get the balls to try to interact with it. I definitely need school to end so I can go back home and experiment more with my mirror. And the final thing on my wish list is I want more people to notice this club because, whether they want to admit it or not, lots of people here have probably had some sort of supernatural experience.

Fro
Fro
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 38
Filmmaker
Response to Ghost / Supernat. Club 2012-05-09 11:53:50 Reply

Anyone still around or interested? I've had a few recent experiences to share, but I'm only going to share them if there's somebody around to read them.

BBS Signature
Luke
Luke
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 33
Gamer
Response to Ghost / Supernat. Club 2012-05-09 22:06:36 Reply

At 5/9/12 11:53 AM, Fro wrote: Anyone still around or interested? I've had a few recent experiences to share, but I'm only going to share them if there's somebody around to read them.

I'm always around, just not posting as often as usual. Let's hear it man.

Yeah, whatever.
PSN ID: REDSiN66

Luke
Luke
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 33
Gamer
Response to Ghost / Supernat. Club 2012-05-10 21:02:20 Reply

Here's a strange thing that happened to my girlfriend last night in my bathroom - Nothing huge, but I have another story afterwards...

I was outside biking to the store to grab a pack of cigarettes at about 1:10 - 1:15AM this morning / last night, when I came home she didn't tell me anything out of the ordinary happened - I was only gone for roughly 15 minutes or so, was back by 1:30AM.

After I finished the rest of my beer we laid down and all that, and she eventually told me something about "those kids" - I didn't know what she was talking about, but I had told her this and that about my house being haunted, mostly stories I have already shared with you guys - Please note, I haven't told her anything recently so there was no reason for the idea of something haunting my house to be in her head, especially last night.

Anyway, I asked her what she meant by those kids, and she said never mind - I got pretty upset because I wanted to understand what she was talking about obviously, she then said that when I was biking to the store, she went to the bathroom after cleaning up a few of the beer cans, and when she was in the bathroom there was a small black shadow in there with her.

She doesn't want to talk about it any more than she already has, and that's the only details I really know about what happened - But at least I have another witness that can confirm something does haunt my house.
I promised her I wouldn't tell anybody, but it slipped out when I was talking with my dad today over the phone on my lunch break at school, he told me just about 15 minutes ago or so that he was very close to asking the old woman next door if she knows anything of a child dying in the house, she was outside while he was in the bathroom but by the time he left to go to work she was back in her house - So, hopefully we see her some time within the next few days and either my dad or myself can ask her.

Another strange story I have to tell you happened to me today, it's a lot more bizarre than the bathroom shadow, and I may be going crazy...

I was on the bus at around roughly 5:30PM today, I sat in the back on my own for a bit, but then a woman came on the bus and sat in front of me, her back was facing me when she was sitting in front of me and I could hear her saying things very quietly. I was a little curious, and I looked around to see if she had a Bluetooth or some other device to talk on the phone by her ears, there was nothing. Naturally, I think she is crazy, right?

I listened a bit closer and heard that she was asking for permission to do things, I couldn't make out what she was asking, but I remember hearing "Can I" or "Could I", and then words after that.
Well, I just shrugged it off, I sent my girlfriend a text about how the crazy woman was asking herself for permission to do things.

Waiting for a text, I keep looking at this lady and trying to hear properly what she is saying, she was the only one at the back of the bus with me (remember that), so she wasn't talking to anybody around her. When I got a text back from my girlfriend, I looked at my phone and responded with something short, I must have been looking at my phone for maybe 5 - 10 seconds, when I looked back up this woman was GONE. I swear on my life that the bus did NOT stop, when I looked up she had vanished. I didn't SEE her disappear, but she was totally gone. I am 100% convinced that she did not move seats, as I looked around the bus from the back, she was nowhere to be seen. I am also 100% positive that the bus did not stop, I know this because as soon as I looked up the bus was just approaching a stop... She couldn't have got off within those few seconds I looked at my phone.

I was totally blown away, I looked around me to see if anybody else in the front of the bus saw anything, and nobody seemed to have noticed. I posted a status about it on Facebook and obviously the only responses I've got were people telling me to share whatever I'm smoking, or freshen my drink, etc etc..

But I swear on my life right now, she totally fucking disappeared. There is nowhere the bus had stopped, I looked out the back window of it and she wasn't there, NOWHERE TO BE SEEN!

I don't know what to even think of the entire situation, but it's FUCKED.

Yeah, whatever.

Fro
Fro
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 38
Filmmaker
Response to Ghost / Supernat. Club 2012-05-12 10:50:43 Reply

At 5/9/12 12:55 PM, ScaryPicnic wrote: Has anyone here ever attempted to summon a Demon?

No, I don't think it's a good idea. :P

Just curious. I find Demonology an interesting slice of Christian mythology.

I believe Demons are simply manifestations of subconscious desires and suppressed thoughts and memories, but has anyone had an 'encounter', or attempted to?

Encountered, I believe yes. I'm sure my stories can be found in the early pages of the thread, but I never tried to. It's something I'm highly interested in, but not interested in enough to find out for sure.

At 5/10/12 09:02 PM, Luke wrote: Here's a strange thing that happened to my girlfriend last night in my bathroom - Nothing huge, but I have another story afterwards...

My story will also involve my girlfriend seeing something.

Another strange story I have to tell you happened to me today, it's a lot more bizarre than the bathroom shadow, and I may be going crazy...

That's a cool story, there isn't really much to explain that.

At 5/9/12 10:06 PM, Luke wrote:
At 5/9/12 11:53 AM, Fro wrote: Anyone still around or interested? I've had a few recent experiences to share, but I'm only going to share them if there's somebody around to read them.
I'm always around, just not posting as often as usual. Let's hear it man.

Awhile back in the thread I talked about a time where I was half asleep, that state where you're sleeping, but fully aware of everything going on around you. I was talking to someone in my room while laying in bed, I couldn't really hear what they were saying because of my status of being half asleep. I just remember hearing my voice answering back and all of a sudden hearing, I have to go now bud, somebody is coming. My mother opened up the door and asked who I was talking to because she had heard several voices. That's the last time something has happened.

I've recently come home with my girlfriend because of economical problems and have been staying for a few days. One night my girlfriend woke up to a little boy in the room. She curled about against me terrified, but shortly fell asleep. The next night she again woke up to a little boy in the room, but this time he told her to wake up.

I haven't seen anything, but every night since those two nights I've been woken up at 3:00 for no reason. The same time that she was woken up both nights/early mornings and it also happens to be the time when spirits are allowed to walk free. My mother also said she heard someone walking around the house at 3:00 on a couple of nights as well. Everything seems really friendly though.

BBS Signature
Luke
Luke
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 33
Gamer
Response to Ghost / Supernat. Club 2012-05-12 18:01:13 Reply

Interesting...

I say, if it seems friendly and nobody is being harmed (besides being frightened of course) then there really is not anything to worry about. It's weird though, because of the 3:00AM wake ups and only her seeing it.

How long ago did you talk to someone in your room? That's a really cool experience but very strange... Was it a man / female voice? Just interested in knowing more details.

Yeah, whatever.

CrazyRock
CrazyRock
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 12
Movie Buff
Response to Ghost / Supernat. Club 2012-05-15 08:20:34 Reply

So Luke, what happened with the abortion thing? You found out anythin'?

Anyway, here's a short story(well, not really a story) of what happened to me a few days ago...

So It was like 11PM/12AM and I was reading creepy pasta online like I do for the last 2 weeks, I was alone in my room with the door and windows closed(I have roof windows and they were pretty damn closed) and as I got more and more creeped out one of my windows just wide opened out of nowhere, It scared me like a fucking dog. You guys know what could it be?

Don't say wind BECEAUSE IT IS NOT WIND

Thanks Chdonga for the signature. <3

BBS Signature
Fro
Fro
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 38
Filmmaker
Response to Ghost / Supernat. Club 2012-05-16 12:36:39 Reply

At 5/12/12 06:01 PM, Luke wrote: Interesting...

I say, if it seems friendly and nobody is being harmed (besides being frightened of course) then there really is not anything to worry about. It's weird though, because of the 3:00AM wake ups and only her seeing it.

I continued to wake up at exactly three until last night. I think it's because I was on the road for what seems to be about 10 hours and I was too exhausted to wake up no matter what.

How long ago did you talk to someone in your room? That's a really cool experience but very strange... Was it a man / female voice? Just interested in knowing more details.

I believe my freshman year of college. I've been graduated for a year now so it's been awhile. It was a males voice. I can retell the stories around that time if you guys are interested.

My girlfriend continues to have graphic and horrible nightmares now. She's not being woken up anymore though.

BBS Signature
Luke
Luke
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 33
Gamer
Response to Ghost / Supernat. Club 2012-06-16 01:33:05 Reply

At 5/16/12 12:36 PM, Fro wrote: I believe my freshman year of college. I've been graduated for a year now so it's been awhile. It was a males voice. I can retell the stories around that time if you guys are interested.

My girlfriend continues to have graphic and horrible nightmares now. She's not being woken up anymore though.

I'd be interested in hearing those stories for sure man, as for nightmares... In demonology isn't a nightmare actually a sort of demon that just terrorizes people in their sleep?

Demonology is kind of iffy though, never believed much of it myself, nightmares have always just been normal dreams to me, nothing demonic about them, in my opinion.

Yeah, whatever.

Luke
Luke
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 33
Gamer
Response to Ghost / Supernat. Club 2013-02-26 20:55:37 Reply

I know this may sound ridiculous, another haunted house, Luke??
I believe so, as does my roommate and girlfriend.

I moved in here in January, and my girlfriend has lived here since last April. She had seen things a few times here and there since living in this apartment, but nothing too out of the ordinary. Except for knocks on the walls, door, etc.

Well, lately my girlfriend and I have been seeing shadows quite a bit, she also said she saw a black cat today, or a silhouette of one.
I shrugged it off, and try to ignore all of these things, like seeing a black shadow walk through the hallway last night before going to bed around 1 in the morning.

Lately lights have been going off, in the kitchen particularly.
I was doing the dishes about ten minutes ago, maybe less. The light had been messing up quite a bit in the past few days, but never did it flicker on and off like it did tonight.
So I am almost done the dishes, and suddenly I hear this strange sound, it's a constant sound. I realize it is music playing from my roommates room, she isn't home though, and has no alarm set.
Right after I realize this is music playing, and it shouldnt be playing (I've contacted her, all of her stuff is turned off in her room, etc), the light goes off. Just turns off.

Now I'm scared to go back in the kitchen and finish the dishes...

Yeah, whatever.

Fro
Fro
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 38
Filmmaker
Response to Ghost / Supernat. Club 2013-12-31 11:53:02 Reply

@Luke

Hi guys... Sorry for being... So... Dead...

crickets

This one still hurts to bring up. It's completely true, so believe it or not it's what happened.

Ahem, last year in my old apartment I kept seeing a white woman figure out of the corner of my eye. I was in a sad depressed time of my life and was very emotionally disturbed. Every night she would get a little closer, I never said anything about it to my girlfriend at the time.

When I hit rock bottom of depression one night I turned over and looked at my girlfriend who was laying next to me in bed. The woman was sitting on top of her clawing at her face with her finger nails. I jumped, she woke up and everything vanished. I was just having nightmares I assumed. I told my girlfriend about it, she believed me.

The next night I rolled over in the middle of my sleep to see the woman next to me. This was the closest I had ever seen her, the eye sockets were black and there were black gashes across her face. She looked deep into me, grinned, and lifted a stub where her arm use to be. She said, "this is where my arm use to be."

Again, I jumped and everything vanished. I assumed it was another terrible nightmare, but I know now I wasn't sleeping when it happened.

Following the same pattern, the next night I didn't see anything, but was actually physically attacked. As I laying in bed resting and my girlfriend was reading a book something pushed me deep down into the bed. We literally saw the bed press down. The weight was so heavy on my chest that I could barely breathe. I had the sensation that my eyes were being dug out and with every passing moment I lost more and more energy. I was on the verge of passing out. She was panicked, she knew what was going on, but couldn't do anything to stop it.

That's when I prayed, I hollered the lords name as hard as I could in my head. I couldn't speak yet. I kept doing it, praying, asking for help. Slowly, but surely the weight was lifted off my chest, everything felt ok. In fact, everything felt perfect.

That was the day I started believing in god..

BBS Signature
Conal
Conal
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 31
Melancholy
Response to Ghost / Supernat. Club 2013-12-31 13:11:42 Reply

Do you guys really believe in ghosts?

​   ▲      ▲      ▲
▲ ▲▲ ▲▲ ▲
                                                                      ಠ_ಠ

BBS Signature
Fro
Fro
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 38
Filmmaker
Response to Ghost / Supernat. Club 2013-12-31 18:16:00 Reply

At 12/31/13 01:11 PM, Conal wrote: Do you guys really believe in ghosts?

I don't know what I believe in really. I just know there really isn't anything else that could explain the physical things that I have seen and felt. Ever since the event in my last post though I haven't experienced anything. (So it's been a year or so) I've had a few creepy dreams, but nothing more, nothing less.

I'm also not out looking for things like I use to either.

BBS Signature
Luke
Luke
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 33
Gamer
Response to Ghost / Supernat. Club 2014-01-01 20:51:46 Reply

That is absolutely insane. I was watching a show on Christmas day I think called Celebrity Ghost Stories or something along the lines of that. This one guy would lay in bed and out of nowhere his girlfriend or wife would start speaking this freaky language and screaming and it sounded all morphed and stuff. Super demonic.
Reminds me a lot of your story.

That must have been really tough man, but I can absolutely understand now why you'd start to believe in God after that. It can't be a coincidence that it stopped once you started to pray and scream, etc.

Like you I haven't been thinking a lot about the supernatural like I used to. I still have strange experiences.

The other night my ex was staying over and we were in bed, when we started hearing the sound of a ball rolling in my laundry room, which is near my bed. There isn't a ball in the laundry room that I know of, and needless to say neither her or I were ballsy enough to get out of bed and check it out.

It seems more often than not that when she is sleeping over, strange things happen more often. Within the past month when she was over there were noises in the room opposite where my bed is set up against. There's not a lot in the room, it's more of a junk room, all our shit we don't use is in there. But there was some sort of scratching at the walls or something in there. Again, too much of a pussy to go check it out.

Other than that though, I haven't had any experiences or encounters as of late. I'm back at my Dad's place since my break up with girlfriend so we'll see. It's been about four months since I've been back here and not a ton of stuff has happened that I've noticed. I'm not home a lot though, so that could be why.

Also, congratulations on becoming a father, Fro! Happy for you and yours.

Yeah, whatever.

Fro
Fro
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 38
Filmmaker
Response to Ghost / Supernat. Club 2014-01-02 09:06:32 Reply

It took me several pages of reading to figure out who you were. The username change has literally confused me for almost over a year now.

At 1/1/14 08:51 PM, Luke wrote: That is absolutely insane. I was watching a show on Christmas day I think called Celebrity Ghost Stories or something along the lines of that. This one guy would lay in bed and out of nowhere his girlfriend or wife would start speaking this freaky language and screaming and it sounded all morphed and stuff. Super demonic.

We were at this wedding several months back and the one little girl that was sitting at our table had this bright green eyes like I never saw before. She suddenly spoke in this deep voice and just really sounded like a foreign language. It was quite frightening, sounded like she was speaking in tongue. Her father saw the worry on my face and said how she likes to make up languages. They were an odd couple, lived off the country with very little technology. I know that it was just the kid being a kid, but there's an introduction to a demonic kid horror story if I ever saw one before.

Reminds me a lot of your story.

That must have been really tough man, but I can absolutely understand now why you'd start to believe in God after that. It can't be a coincidence that it stopped once you started to pray and scream, etc.

It's also like like it's created a blinding vail over my eyes. I've had no scary/ghost nightmares or have experienced anything besides one dream. I dreamt once that in my new apartment that these two little girls dressed in white were making a sacrifice on my staircase. They had knives and had drown the generic circle on the ground. Nothing felt scary about it, I never had any weird feelings. I'm sure it was just caused by my love of horror movies and how frequently I watched them.

Like you I haven't been thinking a lot about the supernatural like I used to. I still have strange experiences.

The other night my ex was staying over and we were in bed, when we started hearing the sound of a ball rolling in my laundry room, which is near my bed. There isn't a ball in the laundry room that I know of, and needless to say neither her or I were ballsy enough to get out of bed and check it out.

I would have to check it out. I may grab the baseball bat and flashlight if it happened at night, but I wouldn't just be able to lie there.

It seems more often than not that when she is sleeping over, strange things happen more often. Within the past month when she was over there were noises in the room opposite where my bed is set up against. There's not a lot in the room, it's more of a junk room, all our shit we don't use is in there. But there was some sort of scratching at the walls or something in there. Again, too much of a pussy to go check it out.

Rodents?! There use to be a rodent problem in my parents house. Not rats or mice. The chipmunks and squirrels would dig holes under the house and find ways in. We started filling all the holes and the problem stopped.

Other than that though, I haven't had any experiences or encounters as of late. I'm back at my Dad's place since my break up with girlfriend so we'll see. It's been about four months since I've been back here and not a ton of stuff has happened that I've noticed. I'm not home a lot though, so that could be why.

Huh, we aren't so different. You're breakup, my divorce. We both went back to the parents. I just got lucky enough to work my way up the corporate ladder at to a management level and afford my own place, new family. A fresh start.

Also, congratulations on becoming a father, Fro! Happy for you and yours.

Thank you!

BBS Signature