Chronamut
Chronamut
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 42
Artist
eq from laptop to PC Apr. 29th, 2008 @ 07:59 PM Reply

well heres my question

I made a song on my laptop - and it sounds great - but I go and listen to it on my pc - and well naturally with the indroduction of bass in the speakers - even thru headphones - it now sounds too bassish..

I tried eqing all the low end down but its not sounding the same.. any advice for maintainign a sound you hear on a laptop onto a pc? Is there like some sort of standard eq setting to eliminate most of the bass settings that speakers introduce?

Want to chat with fellow newgrounders? Then go here & come visit The High Society Club!
ALSO - My sig isnt there just for show - CLICK IT!

BBS Signature
SkyMarshall
SkyMarshall
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 08
Blank Slate
Response to eq from laptop to PC Apr. 29th, 2008 @ 08:02 PM Reply

At 4/29/08 07:59 PM, Chronamut wrote: well heres my question

I made a song on my laptop - and it sounds great - but I go and listen to it on my pc - and well naturally with the indroduction of bass in the speakers - even thru headphones - it now sounds too bassish..

I tried eqing all the low end down but its not sounding the same.. any advice for maintainign a sound you hear on a laptop onto a pc? Is there like some sort of standard eq setting to eliminate most of the bass settings that speakers introduce?

What? You want to maintain the laptop speaker-sound? If so, it is no problem to remove the bass all together. But it will sound weak and empty if you do. Im not quite sure what you're asking for here, but if the song is mastered well enough and doesnt peak and scratch too much - it can be fixed, yes.

Any equalizer can do that! Most even have presets for it.

BBS Signature
Chronamut
Chronamut
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 42
Artist
Response to eq from laptop to PC Apr. 29th, 2008 @ 08:06 PM Reply

yes skymarshall I am aware of that.

What I am asking is if there is a specific eq setting - ive spent a rather long time on the eq of this song and dont wanan fiddle for hours to get it to sound EXACTLY the same on my pc..

Want to chat with fellow newgrounders? Then go here & come visit The High Society Club!

BBS Signature
dirtydigital
dirtydigital
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 05
Blank Slate
Response to eq from laptop to PC Apr. 29th, 2008 @ 08:27 PM Reply

Try correcting the eq with headphones on the laptop.

Chronamut
Chronamut
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 42
Artist
Response to eq from laptop to PC Apr. 29th, 2008 @ 09:13 PM Reply

ya im plugging my speakers into my laptop - and my headphones into my speakers - and then switching back to headphones in laptop - slowly I think I am getting it to sound like it should manually.. cool edit is GOD.

BBS Signature
Anth0n
Anth0n
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 20
Blank Slate
Response to eq from laptop to PC Apr. 29th, 2008 @ 10:29 PM Reply

Headphones are best to use for keeping sounds balanced, since the sounds won't change across computers and you can usually hear certain sounds more distinctly with headphones than you can with speakers. I use headphones all the time, for those reasons.

Newest song: Eastern Emergence
Reviews/comments appreciated!

BBS Signature