New Topic Respond to this Topic
Orange-Jews
Orange-Jews
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 18
Blank Slate
Response to South Park isn't funny Apr. 30th, 2008 @ 05:08 PM Reply

in my opinion it keeps getting better. i Cant watch episodes from the first series.. they're so ridiculously stupid, and only funny for 11 year olds who think fart jokes are hysterical. they seem to be getting funnier as the seasons go on for me at least... but yeah 8/9 was probably their prime.

BBS Signature
Canas
Canas
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 32
Artist
Response to South Park isn't funny Apr. 30th, 2008 @ 05:08 PM Reply

At 4/30/08 05:03 PM, LadyGrace wrote:
At 4/30/08 05:02 PM, Canas wrote: That's more of a negative thing. Sounds like a cop out to me, instead of actually creating a storyline.
Um... they do create storylines, they just incorporate current events as well. Have you even watched the show, or are you being deliberately obtuse?

I've seen every episode Grace.

Something isn't right when you get paid millions of dollars for something that you can pump out in three days. Using constant pop culture references and internet memes in your show is a complete cop out. Of course it's going to be funny to some people simply on the basis that they never thought a show would make an allusion to that shitty youtube video everyone who spent three minutes on the internet has heard of. I honestly don't see how anyone with any shred of humor could find the show the least bit funny any more. The fan base shrunk to young teenagers years ago.

And stop pretending like South Park is this complex enigma of a television program littered with inside jokes. It isn't Harvey Birdman.

Tank-SM
Tank-SM
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Blank Slate
Response to South Park isn't funny Apr. 30th, 2008 @ 05:10 PM Reply

It may not be as funny anymore, but it's still good entertainment.

BBS Signature
DingoTheDog
DingoTheDog
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Blank Slate
Response to South Park isn't funny Apr. 30th, 2008 @ 05:20 PM Reply

I particularly enjoy the satirical political based episodes. I never really get the impression they are using the show as a medium to express their own views. More just a mock at the stupidity and hypocrisy of society at large. Now they seem to have trimmed off the conclusions Stan and Kyle come to and thus seem more to have removed their own political views than bolster them.

BBS Signature
Canas
Canas
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 32
Artist
Response to South Park isn't funny Apr. 30th, 2008 @ 05:28 PM Reply

At 4/30/08 05:25 PM, Needle-In-Haystack wrote: I had a feeling there would be people who didn't find it funny.

Just watch the cartman episodes.

Those are by far the least humorous of all the episodes.

Randy-centric ones are the only shows I find funny anymore. And they are few and far between

Lotus
Lotus
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 27
Melancholy
Response to South Park isn't funny Apr. 30th, 2008 @ 05:50 PM Reply

I honestly have never found South Park to be funny. Sure I've laughed at it at times, but that doesn't mean I find it entertaining, but rather pathetic that such a show could have lasted for all these seasons.

<33

BBS Signature
Davidthewise
Davidthewise
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 10
Blank Slate
Response to South Park isn't funny Apr. 30th, 2008 @ 06:33 PM Reply

I've seen only one episode, the world of warcraft one, It was so funny!

South Park isn't funny

i'm new to BBS just god may be fair with me
And NG users too.

BBS Signature
Jinzoa
Jinzoa
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Blank Slate
Response to South Park isn't funny Apr. 30th, 2008 @ 06:39 PM Reply

ever since they introduced "butters" i find the show just went down hill for sme reaso. could never put my finger on it though.