00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

444rgh just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Mannequin Poses Test

782 Views | 9 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Mannequin Poses Test 2008-04-21 16:57:39

Ok, this is a test to see what you guys think of some poses I made with a mannequin I drew earlier. I have 2 Atm, but hopefully I'll end up with more.

1. Lazy Gaming (Watching Cutscenes, etc)
2. Hardcore Gaming (Fighting the last boss of a game etc.)

Ok, that's all I got so far, some CC if you please. If you like them, I might post the mannequin up for download :P

BBS Signature

Response to Mannequin Poses Test 2008-04-22 02:29:32

It would be really helpful if I could get some CC, I need to know if this is a decent style for animation...

BBS Signature

Response to Mannequin Poses Test 2008-04-22 02:44:51

At 4/22/08 02:29 AM, Hoeloe wrote: It would be really helpful if I could get some CC, I need to know if this is a decent style for animation...

As a picture alone, it's so so, but as an animation i'd probably love it.
I sit like both of those depending on how im feeling while gaming ;)

Ghost/Supernat. Club | Join the Family | The FlashBase.

You always need at least one asshole moderator for your forum. Its not opinion, its fact

Response to Mannequin Poses Test 2008-04-22 02:49:00

At 4/22/08 02:44 AM, Mercenary81 wrote:
At 4/22/08 02:29 AM, Hoeloe wrote: It would be really helpful if I could get some CC, I need to know if this is a decent style for animation...
As a picture alone, it's so so, but as an animation i'd probably love it.
I sit like both of those depending on how im feeling while gaming ;)

Yeah, I'm just getting an idea of character poses atm, I'll probably end up with full scale animation by the time I'm done.

BBS Signature

Response to Mannequin Poses Test 2008-04-22 04:49:33

I think it would look better with more foreshortening. This can be easier to see if you take a picture of the mannequin in the pose, instead of just eyeing it live.

Response to Mannequin Poses Test 2008-04-22 11:31:12

I'm not eyeing it live. I have a flash mannequin in which I have generic pieces that I move into position and then trace over. Guarantees good proportions.

BBS Signature

Response to Mannequin Poses Test 2008-04-22 11:52:29

BBS Signature

Response to Mannequin Poses Test 2008-04-22 13:05:03

At 4/22/08 11:31 AM, Hoeloe wrote: Guarantees good proportions.

But somehow you managed to make the proportions bad...

GOGOGO

madgodzilla@hotmail.co.uk Feel free to add me.

Response to Mannequin Poses Test 2008-04-22 13:24:39

At 4/22/08 01:05 PM, Madminifig wrote:
At 4/22/08 11:31 AM, Hoeloe wrote: Guarantees good proportions.
But somehow you managed to make the proportions bad...

Proportions are not bad, maybe the angles I drew them at were awkward, but the proportions are good. I tested on a live figure. That's a real person, not a mannequin.

BBS Signature

Response to Mannequin Poses Test 2008-04-22 18:37:26

At 4/22/08 01:24 PM, Hoeloe wrote: Proportions are not bad, maybe the angles I drew them at were awkward, but the proportions are good. I tested on a live figure. That's a real person, not a mannequin.

Ok, I'm going to try to tell you one more time because you don't seem like you're sincerely willing to consider what we're saying. Say you have a cylinder. If you look at it from the side, you see a long object, but if you look at it from head-on, you have a not-so-long object. If what you're using is a flash mannequin, then it's probably a two-dimensional collection of body parts, in which case, you wouldn't be able to see any of those parts "head on" unless you resize them to be not-so-long, see? I've provided a quick sketch (it's just a quick one, mind you), to kind of demonstrate my point. Also, below is an article on foreshortening. Please check it out:
http://drawinglab.evansville.edu/foresho rtening.html

Mannequin Poses Test