New Topic Respond to this Topic
Hoeloe
Hoeloe
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 37
Game Developer
Mannequin Poses Test 2008-04-21 16:57:39 Reply

Ok, this is a test to see what you guys think of some poses I made with a mannequin I drew earlier. I have 2 Atm, but hopefully I'll end up with more.

1. Lazy Gaming (Watching Cutscenes, etc)
2. Hardcore Gaming (Fighting the last boss of a game etc.)

Ok, that's all I got so far, some CC if you please. If you like them, I might post the mannequin up for download :P

Song of the Firefly is on Steam Greenlight and Facebook. Give them a look and support the project! ------------------------------

BBS Signature
Hoeloe
Hoeloe
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 37
Game Developer
Response to Mannequin Poses Test 2008-04-22 02:29:32 Reply

It would be really helpful if I could get some CC, I need to know if this is a decent style for animation...

Song of the Firefly is on Steam Greenlight and Facebook. Give them a look and support the project! ------------------------------

BBS Signature
Mercenary81
Mercenary81
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Blank Slate
Response to Mannequin Poses Test 2008-04-22 02:44:51 Reply

At 4/22/08 02:29 AM, Hoeloe wrote: It would be really helpful if I could get some CC, I need to know if this is a decent style for animation...

As a picture alone, it's so so, but as an animation i'd probably love it.
I sit like both of those depending on how im feeling while gaming ;)

Ghost/Supernat. Club | Join the Family | The FlashBase. You always need at least one asshole moderator for your forum. Its not opinion, its fact

Hoeloe
Hoeloe
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 37
Game Developer
Response to Mannequin Poses Test 2008-04-22 02:49:00 Reply

At 4/22/08 02:44 AM, Mercenary81 wrote:
At 4/22/08 02:29 AM, Hoeloe wrote: It would be really helpful if I could get some CC, I need to know if this is a decent style for animation...
As a picture alone, it's so so, but as an animation i'd probably love it.
I sit like both of those depending on how im feeling while gaming ;)

Yeah, I'm just getting an idea of character poses atm, I'll probably end up with full scale animation by the time I'm done.

BBS Signature
Tiredguy
Tiredguy
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Blank Slate
Response to Mannequin Poses Test 2008-04-22 04:49:33 Reply

I think it would look better with more foreshortening. This can be easier to see if you take a picture of the mannequin in the pose, instead of just eyeing it live.

Hoeloe
Hoeloe
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 37
Game Developer
Response to Mannequin Poses Test 2008-04-22 11:31:12 Reply

I'm not eyeing it live. I have a flash mannequin in which I have generic pieces that I move into position and then trace over. Guarantees good proportions.

BBS Signature
Hoeloe
Hoeloe
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 37
Game Developer
Response to Mannequin Poses Test 2008-04-22 11:52:29 Reply

By the way guys, here is a new one:
Casual Gaming (Just playing an easy part of the game, nothing major)

BBS Signature
Madminifig
Madminifig
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 14
Blank Slate
Response to Mannequin Poses Test 2008-04-22 13:05:03 Reply

At 4/22/08 11:31 AM, Hoeloe wrote: Guarantees good proportions.

But somehow you managed to make the proportions bad...

GOGOGO madgodzilla@hotmail.co.uk Feel free to add me.

Hoeloe
Hoeloe
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 37
Game Developer
Response to Mannequin Poses Test 2008-04-22 13:24:39 Reply

At 4/22/08 01:05 PM, Madminifig wrote:
At 4/22/08 11:31 AM, Hoeloe wrote: Guarantees good proportions.
But somehow you managed to make the proportions bad...

Proportions are not bad, maybe the angles I drew them at were awkward, but the proportions are good. I tested on a live figure. That's a real person, not a mannequin.

BBS Signature
Tiredguy
Tiredguy
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Blank Slate
Response to Mannequin Poses Test 2008-04-22 18:37:26 Reply

At 4/22/08 01:24 PM, Hoeloe wrote: Proportions are not bad, maybe the angles I drew them at were awkward, but the proportions are good. I tested on a live figure. That's a real person, not a mannequin.

Ok, I'm going to try to tell you one more time because you don't seem like you're sincerely willing to consider what we're saying. Say you have a cylinder. If you look at it from the side, you see a long object, but if you look at it from head-on, you have a not-so-long object. If what you're using is a flash mannequin, then it's probably a two-dimensional collection of body parts, in which case, you wouldn't be able to see any of those parts "head on" unless you resize them to be not-so-long, see? I've provided a quick sketch (it's just a quick one, mind you), to kind of demonstrate my point. Also, below is an article on foreshortening. Please check it out:
http://drawinglab.evansville.edu/foresho rtening.html

Mannequin Poses Test