00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

the-kitsune just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Newgrounds Boxing Club

26,461 Views | 213 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Newgrounds Boxing Club 2008-05-16 07:28:41

At 5/16/08 02:24 AM, youngblood26 wrote:

:Cotto-Malignaggi is also a great bout to watch also but I don't think Cotto will agree to this...

I said it happened a couple of years ago =p Haven't you ever seen it? Malignaggi was busted up pretty badly but to his credit he did show a lot of heart to last all 12 rounds (Cotto then moved up to Welterweight)

down on the upside

Response to Newgrounds Boxing Club 2008-05-16 07:34:17

At 5/16/08 07:28 AM, Randominator wrote:
At 5/16/08 02:24 AM, youngblood26 wrote: Cotto-Malignaggi is also a great bout to watch also but I don't think Cotto will agree to this...
I said it happened a couple of years ago =p Haven't you ever seen it? Malignaggi was busted up pretty badly but to his credit he did show a lot of heart to last all 12 rounds (Cotto then moved up to Welterweight)

Oh men, I dunno what happened to me these days. Confusing. Anyway, Gary Lockett tries to take Pavlik's title. I hope Pavlik retaliates this one. He has his power punching skills, not too much ability but can stay long because of his balance. Lockett has a good pro record though. He can outbox anyone on his path.

Response to Newgrounds Boxing Club 2008-05-16 07:41:22

At 5/16/08 07:34 AM, youngblood26 wrote: Gary Lockett tries to take Pavlik's title. I hope Pavlik retaliates this one. He has his power punching skills, not too much ability but can stay long because of his balance. Lockett has a good pro record though. He can outbox anyone on his path.

Pavlik will win. I'd bet my computer on it =p

I mean he did beat the previously undefeated Jermain Taylor twice...

down on the upside

Response to Newgrounds Boxing Club 2008-05-16 07:51:28

At 5/16/08 07:41 AM, Randominator wrote:
At 5/16/08 07:34 AM, youngblood26 wrote: Gary Lockett tries to take Pavlik's title. I hope Pavlik retaliates this one. He has his power punching skills, not too much ability but can stay long because of his balance. Lockett has a good pro record though. He can outbox anyone on his path.
Pavlik will win. I'd bet my computer on it =p

I mean he did beat the previously undefeated Jermain Taylor twice...

I dunno how did he came back and regroup himself on their first meeting. Pavlik was KO'd by Taylor in the early round. Then, Pavlik retaliated in the late rounds and KO'd Taylor on the canvas.
On their second meeting, Taylor putted up a good show on Pavlik but that'as not enough to defeat Pavlik. I think after this bout against Lockett, Taylor is next I think for their 3rd match.

Response to Newgrounds Boxing Club 2008-05-16 08:13:05

Whats your favourite fight btw? I'd have to say The War is mine (Hagler-Hearns)

Hagler is definitely my favourite fighter of all time. Supreme technically, physically and mentally...he is the BEST Middleweight of all time. It's just such a shame he was screwed over against Sugar Ray Leonard -.-

down on the upside

Response to Newgrounds Boxing Club 2008-05-16 08:19:39

At 5/16/08 08:13 AM, Randominator wrote: Whats your favourite fight btw? I'd have to say The War is mine (Hagler-Hearns)

Hagler is definitely my favourite fighter of all time. Supreme technically, physically and mentally...he is the BEST Middleweight of all time. It's just such a shame he was screwed over against Sugar Ray Leonard -.-

"Coming With Everthing" - (Manny Pacquiao vs. Erik Morales I)

-This is the epic fight that I've ever seen in my entire life. Both fighters exchanging blows. They have both the heart and resiliency of a true boxing champion. Round 5, Pacquiao had a headbutt but he would not give up at that time. Morales was pretty confident at that time and he won in a close good fight.

Response to Newgrounds Boxing Club 2008-05-16 08:35:23

At 5/16/08 08:19 AM, youngblood26 wrote: "Coming With Everthing" - (Manny Pacquiao vs. Erik Morales I)

Yea great fight.

I love the way the top guys in divisions like Super Bantamweight, Featherweight and Super Featherweight always end up fighting eachother (sometimes more than once =p ) It's great to see, because in the heavier divisions you often see fighters not taking any risks and holding onto their belts, so they just end up padding their record by fighting bums. It's not good for the fans.
That's why I've never really warmed to Joe Calzaghe as he's done just that for most of his career. He held onto the crappy WBO belt and showed no ambition or desire to unify titles until he was 34...

down on the upside

Response to Newgrounds Boxing Club 2008-05-17 00:59:25

At 5/16/08 08:35 AM, Randominator wrote:
At 5/16/08 08:19 AM, youngblood26 wrote: "Coming With Everthing" - (Manny Pacquiao vs. Erik Morales I)
Yea great fight.

I love the way the top guys in divisions like Super Bantamweight, Featherweight and Super Featherweight always end up fighting eachother (sometimes more than once =p ) It's great to see, because in the heavier divisions you often see fighters not taking any risks and holding onto their belts, so they just end up padding their record by fighting bums. It's not good for the fans.

Divisions such as Heavyweights, Cruiserweights, or greater, should I say has the unentertaining fighters on the sport of boxing. No excitement, no exchanging blows, what I always see is REST.

That's why I've never really warmed to Joe Calzaghe as he's done just that for most of his career. He held onto the crappy WBO belt and showed no ambition or desire to unify titles until he was 34...

I only got entertained to his last fight vs. Hopkins wherein, I think, in Round 11, he shaked his ass on Hopkins while he was lowblow'd by Calzaghe.

Response to Newgrounds Boxing Club 2008-05-18 00:42:22

Well, as I am typing now, I am also watching Jorge Arce vs. Devid Lookmahanak (Latin Fury 4). I hope Arce win win this one for his fans and pride as well but the Thai boxer was not getting easy on Arce when I was watching the fight.

Newgrounds Boxing Club

Response to Newgrounds Boxing Club 2008-05-18 09:33:08

down on the upside

Response to Newgrounds Boxing Club 2008-05-18 09:34:46

At 5/18/08 09:33 AM, Randominator wrote: Hmm so much for touching gloves =p

I lol'd on that vid. He sucked the boxer's punch and finally ended his career. What a sucker!

Response to Newgrounds Boxing Club 2008-05-18 18:02:29

At 5/18/08 09:34 AM, youngblood26 wrote:
I lol'd on that vid. He sucked the boxer's punch and finally ended his career. What a sucker!

Even though what the guy did was within in the rules, it was still well out of order =\

Anyway what about this for a knockout punch!

down on the upside

Response to Newgrounds Boxing Club 2008-05-19 01:59:31

At 5/18/08 06:02 PM, Randominator wrote:
At 5/18/08 09:34 AM, youngblood26 wrote:
Even though what the guy did was within in the rules, it was still well out of order =\

Anyway what about this for a knockout punch!

Jackson's punch did injure Graham's right arm there. Graham can't got up quickly there. Oh my God.
Anyway, Arce won against Lookmahanak but Majority decision but I doubted the judges decision. Devid should won the fight because he was the aggreser of the fight. He connects most jabs than Arce.

Response to Newgrounds Boxing Club 2008-05-19 05:40:10

down on the upside

Response to Newgrounds Boxing Club 2008-05-19 05:59:04

At 5/19/08 05:40 AM, Randominator wrote: I don't believe it...

Why Don King agreed on the deal? That's just horrendous talk, but anyway, anything can happen on this.

=O

Response to Newgrounds Boxing Club 2008-05-19 06:16:17

At 5/19/08 05:59 AM, youngblood26 wrote:
Why Don King agreed on the deal? That's just horrendous talk, but anyway, anything can happen on this.

I'm stunned. Neither of those guys deserve a shot at the most prestigious world title...

Over here Audley Harrison is know as Fraudley Harrison, Ordinary Harrison and A-Farce (he called himself A force). Sure he won an olympic gold medal in 2000 but he's achieved absolutely nothing since then...
As for Matt Skelton, he's just a 40 year old slugger with no boxing skill at all. He has done pretty well for himself though; this would be his second world title fight in 6 months!

down on the upside

Response to Newgrounds Boxing Club 2008-05-19 06:30:20

At 5/19/08 06:16 AM, Randominator wrote:
At 5/19/08 05:59 AM, youngblood26 wrote:
I'm stunned. Neither of those guys deserve a shot at the most prestigious world title...

Over here Audley Harrison is know as Fraudley Harrison, Ordinary Harrison and A-Farce (he called himself A force). Sure he won an olympic gold medal in 2000 but he's achieved absolutely nothing since then...
As for Matt Skelton, he's just a 40 year old slugger with no boxing skill at all. He has done pretty well for himself though; this would be his second world title fight in 6 months!

Oh men, Harrison has a good record afterall, he has 22 wins (17 KOs), and 3 losses and he ranks 38/1148 worldwide in the Heavyweight division. He's not on the top contenders but he was given a chance on the title. On the other side, Matt Skelton (The Bedford Bear) has a record of 21 wins (18 KOs) and 2 losses. He experienced being a MMA fighter and became a boxing fighter in 2002.

Response to Newgrounds Boxing Club 2008-05-19 06:36:18

At 5/19/08 06:30 AM, youngblood26 wrote: stuff

Having a "good " record isn't everything. Harrison has only fought shitty fighters (well i guess Danny Wiliams is average...) and the fact that he's actually lost three times is laughable. Plus have you seen him fight? or seen Skelton fight? It's worse than watching paint dry. I'd rather bang my head against the wall untill i pass out than watch those guys fight.

down on the upside

Response to Newgrounds Boxing Club 2008-05-19 06:40:51

At 5/19/08 06:36 AM, Randominator wrote:
At 5/19/08 06:30 AM, youngblood26 wrote: stuff
Having a "good " record isn't everything. Harrison has only fought shitty fighters (well i guess Danny Wiliams is average...) and the fact that he's actually lost three times is laughable. Plus have you seen him fight? or seen Skelton fight? It's worse than watching paint dry. I'd rather bang my head against the wall untill i pass out than watch those guys fight.

That's what measuring a good contender, about the boxer's boxing skills and determination to win a gold. Anyway, Actually, Danny Williams did fought both Harrison and Skelton. Well, Peter must still prepare for this because Harrison was defeated in his last match and he was hungry for a winning streak but anything can happen here, an upset or still champ?

Response to Newgrounds Boxing Club 2008-05-19 06:48:05

I'm sorry but you obviously don't know much about these guys. I'm just as worthy of having a title shot, and I've only fought twice!

Plus Harrison actually won his last fight; he struggled against some anonymous journeyman. Seriously don't be fooled by his "great" record. He's not a serious contender and will lose by TKO.

I like Skelton a bit more because he's really tough, humble and just gets on with it. However he is incredibly limited and is boring to watch. He'd lose heavily on points

down on the upside

Response to Newgrounds Boxing Club 2008-05-19 06:55:09

At 5/19/08 06:48 AM, Randominator wrote: I'm sorry but you obviously don't know much about these guys. I'm just as worthy of having a title shot, and I've only fought twice!

Well, not much. Plus, I still don't even watch their matches but I heard some of them in boxing news.

Plus Harrison actually won his last fight; he struggled against some anonymous journeyman. Seriously don't be fooled by his "great" record. He's not a serious contender and will lose by TKO.

Ok, I hope Peter vs. Klitchko will face this year. That's a good match to watch than Harrison vs. Peter or Skelton vs. Peter. Not interesting.

I like Skelton a bit more because he's really tough, humble and just gets on with it. However he is incredibly limited and is boring to watch. He'd lose heavily on points

Because from what I've heard about him. He is a good MMA fighter a his time.

Response to Newgrounds Boxing Club 2008-05-22 16:24:59

At 5/22/08 02:09 PM, GOTHCLAWZ wrote: Can I join? I'm an amature boxer myself.
Did one sparing lesson with an experienced kid & lost, did another sparing lesson yesterday with a coach & got a nose-bleed.

Cool. I haven't been in the ring for like 3 years but I'm thinking of taking it up again. I did win both of my fights so i feel like an idiot for suddenly stopping =p

down on the upside

Response to Newgrounds Boxing Club 2008-05-23 02:19:28

At 5/22/08 02:09 PM, GOTHCLAWZ wrote: Can I join? I'm an amature boxer myself.
Did one sparing lesson with an experienced kid & lost, did another sparing lesson yesterday with a coach & got a nose-bleed.

Of course you can join this club. My requirements are you must be a boxer fan or you have some experience in the sport of boxing. Welcome to this club. You must always contribute to this club. Again, welcome to the Newgrounds Boxing Club.

Anyway, I dunno why he still doesn't have a match yet?

Response to Newgrounds Boxing Club 2008-06-15 00:29:24

Well, let's talk about Manny Pacquiao and David Diaz in their match on June 28? My bet is on Pacquiao because you know...

Response to Newgrounds Boxing Club 2008-06-19 11:54:45

Pacquiao will win. Nevermind that fight though, because he's true test will be against the mighty...Amir Khan! =p

down on the upside

Response to Newgrounds Boxing Club 2008-06-20 09:19:57

At 6/19/08 11:54 AM, Randominator wrote: Pacquiao will win. Nevermind that fight though, because he's true test will be against the mighty...Amir Khan! =p

Amir Khan can also fight Campbell, right? But he is focused on the winner between Pacquiao and Diaz. Maybe this is the start of the young Amir Khan's stardom if he wins in his match against Gomez.

Response to Newgrounds Boxing Club 2008-06-20 09:46:52

At 6/20/08 09:19 AM, youngblood26 wrote: Maybe this is the start of the young Amir Khan's stardom if he wins in his match against Gomez.

Anything less than a KO is unacceptable. Gomez is shot and fighting above his natural weight...

down on the upside

Response to Newgrounds Boxing Club 2008-06-20 09:52:01

At 6/20/08 09:46 AM, Randominator wrote:
At 6/20/08 09:19 AM, youngblood26 wrote: Maybe this is the start of the young Amir Khan's stardom if he wins in his match against Gomez.
Anything less than a KO is unacceptable. Gomez is shot and fighting above his natural weight...

I didn't see Gomez fight before because he is not fighting in the U.S. I dunno what are his tactics of fighting.

Response to Newgrounds Boxing Club 2008-06-23 02:03:03

Just one week away before the big fight. Diaz said that he discovered Manny's weakness but an American sports analyst said that Pacquiao can defeat Diaz by not just a punch, by two or more punches.

Response to Newgrounds Boxing Club 2008-06-26 09:33:30

Well, this club is quiet for weeks but just three days away from the big fight between Manny Pacquiao and David Diaz for the WBC Lightweight Championship. I can't wait on this fight.

Newgrounds Boxing Club