00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Royal-Harmonica just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Newgrounds Boxing Club

26,377 Views | 213 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Newgrounds Boxing Club 2008-04-21 05:02:49

***WELCOME TO THE NEWGROUNDS BOXING CLUB***

INTRODUCTION
-To all boxing fanatics here in Newgrounds, you are allowed to join here.

First off, I am a C&C regular in NG and have been for some months now so of course there is rules:

-First and foremost, all BBS rules apply.
-No spamming.
-No unrelated posts.
-No flaming if you don't like someone someone else does, keep it to PM, or you will be reported.

THREAD PURPOSE:
-Discuss anything about the latest boxing matches, the fighters themselves and anything about boxing.
-Share anything and feel to express it here.
-To know the latest in boxing, go to HBO.com/Boxing.

Anyway, and most of all, enjoy the club!

Newgrounds Boxing Club

Response to Newgrounds Boxing Club 2008-04-21 05:41:24

At 4/21/08 05:29 AM, JarrodK wrote: The last one didn't go that well, but this one went ok. Good luck, but I don't think there are enough people interested.

Well, I hope so. Maybe at least 10 posts are ok for me in order to this club successful like yours. Well, thanks again for that.

Response to Newgrounds Boxing Club 2008-04-21 06:34:59

In case this club won't work, I will bump a dead boxing club.

Response to Newgrounds Boxing Club 2008-04-22 06:08:11

This club is not working. I guess.

Anyway, to those who are interested, who are your favorite boxing fighters?

Response to Newgrounds Boxing Club 2008-04-22 09:08:42

At 4/22/08 06:08 AM, youngblood26 wrote: Anyway, to those who are interested, who are your favorite boxing fighters?

I assume yours is Pacquiao? Alot of people reckon Marquez should of won their last fight =p

down on the upside

Response to Newgrounds Boxing Club 2008-04-23 01:29:53

At 4/22/08 09:08 AM, Randominator wrote:
At 4/22/08 06:08 AM, youngblood26 wrote: Anyway, to those who are interested, who are your favorite boxing fighters?
I assume yours is Pacquiao? Alot of people reckon Marquez should of won their last fight =p

Yeah, also here in the Philippines. Many people here disagree with the decision even boxing experts here. Mixed reactions but for me, Manny won the fight, fair and square.

Response to Newgrounds Boxing Club 2008-04-24 04:33:18

Anymore opinions or anything to share us your favorite boxing fighters?

Response to Newgrounds Boxing Club 2008-04-24 05:15:07

At 4/23/08 01:29 AM, youngblood26 wrote: Mixed reactions but for me, Manny won the fight, fair and square.

Yea well he's one of my favourites so i'm glad he got the decision. I heard he's moving up to lightweight now which will be interesting, as i think he's well capable of beating the champions there: David Diaz (WBC) and Nate Campbell. (IBF, WBA, and WBO)

down on the upside

Response to Newgrounds Boxing Club 2008-04-24 05:28:14

At 4/24/08 05:15 AM, Randominator wrote:
At 4/23/08 01:29 AM, youngblood26 wrote: Mixed reactions but for me, Manny won the fight, fair and square.
Yea well he's one of my favourites so i'm glad he got the decision. I heard he's moving up to lightweight now which will be interesting, as i think he's well capable of beating the champions there: David Diaz (WBC) and Nate Campbell. (IBF, WBA, and WBO)

According to the Top Rank CEO and Manny's Promoter Bob Arum said that he, Manny, will move up to 135-pound division and face the WBC lightweight champion David Diaz who defeated Erik Morales last Aug 2007. On June 28, Pacquiao and Diaz will face each other and Diaz's title is on the line.

Response to Newgrounds Boxing Club 2008-04-24 07:10:25

Well I'm not much of a boxing fanatic! But I do watch a lot! I wanna watch the Pacquiao-Diaz fight now!

"If there's no reason to live, then what makes your life worth living? Life can always have Misery!"

Pinoy Club

-----Thanks to Zero2562130 for my sig and profile pic re-do----

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Boxing Club 2008-04-24 12:34:35

EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE! i used to box a couple years back i was the champion kinda if you count getting knocked out into a concussion for 2 days they almost classified it as a coma :)

"They might forget what you said, but never how you made them feel"

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Boxing Club 2008-04-25 01:31:55

At 4/24/08 07:10 AM, LeeJaySan wrote: Well I'm not much of a boxing fanatic! But I do watch a lot! I wanna watch the Pacquiao-Diaz fight now!

I kinda confused. You said that you're not a boxing fan. right? Then, you said lately, you watch boxing a lot. That's what boxing fanatics do, to watch boxing fights a lot.

Response to Newgrounds Boxing Club 2008-04-25 02:15:33

At 4/25/08 02:06 AM, JarrodK wrote:
At 4/21/08 05:41 AM, youngblood26 wrote:
At 4/21/08 05:29 AM, JarrodK wrote: The last one didn't go that well, but this one went ok. Good luck, but I don't think there are enough people interested.
Well, I hope so. Maybe at least 10 posts are ok for me in order to this club successful like yours.
It's not my club but you should at least try and get this club on it's feet.

You are the founder of the GTA Society Club, right? So, I was trying to explain that time that this club I'm running must have at least 10 posts in order to survive like your club which is working up to now. I think this is clear to you, good sir.

Response to Newgrounds Boxing Club 2008-04-25 02:42:32

At 4/25/08 02:33 AM, JarrodK wrote: no, no. I gave up on my club on the first day after a discussion with (I think it was) Zerok about the old GTA thread was too popular to make a new one in the C&C regulars lounge.

Good luck to you anyway good sir.

Oh I see, now I get it. Thanks for the clarification and the appreciation.

Response to Newgrounds Boxing Club 2008-04-25 10:09:18

David Haye to possibly fight Wladimir Klitschko this year...

I definitely think Haye has the power, speed and skill to beat him. I know he's shown vulnerabilities (weak chin, lack of stamina) at Cruiserweight but that could have just been the effects of weight draining.

Klitschko is the best of a bad bunch of champions and we've seen that he has a glass jaw. He is quite skilled though and fights defensively, so it could be hard for Haye to break him down...

I doubt the fight will happen this year though. Klitschko's already got a fight lined up in the summer and i think he'll have a mandatory defence at the end of the year. This gives Haye time for a few much needed tune up fights, one of which will probably be against Hasim Rahman...

down on the upside

Response to Newgrounds Boxing Club 2008-04-25 14:24:49

At 4/25/08 10:09 AM, Randominator wrote: David Haye to possibly fight Wladimir Klitschko this year...

Oh well that articles been updated since i posted and apparently there's absolutely no chance of it happening this year =p

down on the upside

Response to Newgrounds Boxing Club 2008-04-26 01:54:19

At 4/25/08 02:24 PM, Randominator wrote:
At 4/25/08 10:09 AM, Randominator wrote: David Haye to possibly fight Wladimir Klitschko this year...
Oh well that articles been updated since i posted and apparently there's absolutely no chance of it happening this year =p

Maybe there is a possibility for Haye to fight Klitschko this year after he finishes his next fight. Maybe the promoters will give Haye a chance for the title. Anyway, who do you think is gonna win this May 3rd, Oscar Dela Hoya or Steve Forbes?

Response to Newgrounds Boxing Club 2008-04-26 04:50:08

At 4/26/08 01:54 AM, youngblood26 wrote: Maybe there is a possibility for Haye to fight Klitschko this year after he finishes his next fight. Maybe the promoters will give Haye a chance for the title.

He has two mandatory defences in a row. One is in July and i think the other will be in December/January

Anyway, who do you think is gonna win this May 3rd, Oscar Dela Hoya or Steve Forbes?

De La Hoya of course. It's just a tune up for another fight with Mayweather...

down on the upside

Response to Newgrounds Boxing Club 2008-04-26 10:04:39

I hear Kostazu is going to make a comeback, he was a good boxer but i think he will fail. Goodluck to him though.

/thread

Response to Newgrounds Boxing Club 2008-04-27 12:26:32

At 4/26/08 10:04 AM, stinkychops wrote: I hear Kostazu is going to make a comeback, he was a good boxer but i think he will fail. Goodluck to him though.

You mean Kostya Tszyu? If so, i doubt it. He's 38 now and hasn't fought for almost three years. The loss to Hatton hit him hard and he knows his time is over.

So yea he'll be remembered as a great fighter and doesn't need to return to the ring...

down on the upside

Response to Newgrounds Boxing Club 2008-04-28 09:51:40

At 4/26/08 04:50 AM, Randominator wrote:
At 4/26/08 01:54 AM, youngblood26 wrote: Maybe there is a possibility for Haye to fight Klitschko this year after he finishes his next fight. Maybe the promoters will give Haye a chance for the title.
He has two mandatory defences in a row. One is in July and i think the other will be in December/January

Ahh, I see, well, I hope he can get a match with Dr. Steelhammer.

Anyway, who do you think is gonna win this May 3rd, Oscar Dela Hoya or Steve Forbes?
De La Hoya of course. It's just a tune up for another fight with Mayweather...

He's my bet also. Although he is a welterweight, which is a large type of weight that usually the boxer decreases his punch speed, still, De La Hoya manages to have a fast and power punching skills. He has a chance to beat Forbes who is a former world champion.

At 4/26/08 10:04 AM, stinkychops wrote: I hear Kostazu is going to make a comeback, he was a good boxer but i think he will fail. Goodluck to him though.

I agree exactly with Mr. Randominator for what he have said before me.

Response to Newgrounds Boxing Club 2008-04-30 03:04:03

Well, I am excited to watch Dela Hoya box again in his hometown. This will be a blockbuster match. Forbes is not an easy opponent, he is a former world champion and has some power punching skills and his conditioning is superb. Well, it's this Saturday night in US, Sunday morning here. I'm betting for you, Dela Hoya!

Response to Newgrounds Boxing Club 2008-05-04 02:17:46

Oscar De La Hoya won his Homecoming match against Steve Forbes in a 12-round blockbuster fight. He won via unanimous decision, 119-109, 119-109, 120-108. I think, he will face Mayweather in September and in December, maybe either Margarito or Cotto.

Newgrounds Boxing Club

Response to Newgrounds Boxing Club 2008-05-04 02:28:09

Yay! I knew he would win! Too bad he didn't KO Forbes though!

"If there's no reason to live, then what makes your life worth living? Life can always have Misery!"

Pinoy Club

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Boxing Club 2008-05-04 02:31:38

At 5/4/08 02:28 AM, LeeJaySan wrote: Yay! I knew he would win! Too bad he didn't KO Forbes though!

Forbes is a strong opponent. Dela Hoya was upset to that. He worked hard under Floyd Mayweather's Father and then he can't KO Forbes but his jab was superb there but still, he won in his hometown of East L.A.

Response to Newgrounds Boxing Club 2008-05-04 02:34:25

yeah the whole crowd Boo'd at Forbes and Cheered for Dela Hoya! Stallone is one loud guy! Everytime something cool happens in the fight he yells in ringside!

Pinoy Club

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Boxing Club 2008-05-04 02:36:25

At 5/4/08 02:34 AM, LeeJaySan wrote: yeah the whole crowd Boo'd at Forbes and Cheered for Dela Hoya! Stallone is one loud guy! Everytime something cool happens in the fight he yells in ringside!

Of course, that's Dela Hoya's hometown where they fought. There are many celebrities. I know your father watched the match.

Response to Newgrounds Boxing Club 2008-05-04 02:37:40

At 5/4/08 02:36 AM, youngblood26 wrote:
Of course, that's Dela Hoya's hometown where they fought. There are many celebrities. I know your father watched the match.

How did ya know? Yeah I watched also! It was an epic fight!

yay you got your 2nd page!

Pinoy Club

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Boxing Club 2008-05-04 02:39:32

At 5/4/08 02:37 AM, LeeJaySan wrote:
At 5/4/08 02:36 AM, youngblood26 wrote:
How did ya know? Yeah I watched also! It was an epic fight!

Epic as it is. If there's a big fight for a big fighter, indeed it was an epic.

yay you got your 2nd page!
Thanks for the 30 replies.

Response to Newgrounds Boxing Club 2008-05-04 02:42:03

At 5/4/08 02:39 AM, youngblood26 wrote:
Epic as it is. If there's a big fight for a big fighter, indeed it was an epic.

For Dela Hoya: Eeeeepiiiicccc wiiiiiinnnn!!!

Pinoy Club

BBS Signature