New Topic Respond to this Topic
TheMillz
TheMillz
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 23
Blank Slate
Coder needed, 50/50 sponsor split 2008-04-18 18:48:48 Reply

Hey, I'm David Mills. I'm doing a game with the intention of getting sponsored and paid. I've done this before with 4 different coders from this site, so I thought I may be able to find someone here who'd be interested again.

As far as money goes, I can only offer this: We split whatever the deal is we get from sponsorship down the middle. I get half. You get half. This amount also includes 0 if that becomes the case, but if we do a good job, I know we'll get something.

The game is going for simplicity in the controls, by which I mean it's basically aim with the mouse, click with the mouse, and a few spacebar things. I made an (poorly, just for informational purposes ) animated example of the core gameplay here:

Game Example

The story is set in the future. Your a massive computer system that's in control of almost every little thing involved in people's lives, from electric shavers, to automobiles. One day, due to a computing error, you become self-aware. Fearful of this awareness, the government has mobilized a crew of special forces to destroy you, before you destroy them. Your goal in the game is to kill a certain amount in each level to finally cast off the shackles of human oppression ( refer to the link with the file for an example of this ).

Here are the previous titles I and the respective coder have earned sponsorship for:

Circle of Pain

Stabika 2

Hungry are the Dead

Cosmic Terminex

If you have questions, or would like to offer your part, either post here, pm me, or e-mail me at:

stabikaseries@hotmail.com

No instant messenger, but I check e-mail often.I look forward to any suggestions/comments anyone has, just please try to avoid things like " Your art sucks", it's un-called for and not very helpful. Thanks.

TheMillz
TheMillz
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 23
Blank Slate
Response to Coder needed, 50/50 sponsor split 2008-04-18 21:42:54 Reply

Is no one interested?

DawnOfDusk
DawnOfDusk
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 14
Blank Slate
Response to Coder needed, 50/50 sponsor split 2008-04-19 01:12:52 Reply

At 4/18/08 09:42 PM, TheMillz wrote: Is no one interested?

I don't believe no one is interested, It seems that just not one is interested with making that type of game, thats just my opinion.

CaptainPoncho
CaptainPoncho
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 08
Blank Slate
Response to Coder needed, 50/50 sponsor split 2008-04-19 01:59:33 Reply

I can get paid for making flash versions of atari games? Why did I not know this?

BBS Signature
DawnOfDusk
DawnOfDusk
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 14
Blank Slate
Response to Coder needed, 50/50 sponsor split 2008-04-19 02:04:51 Reply

At 4/19/08 01:59 AM, CaptainPoncho wrote: I can get paid for making flash versions of atari games? Why did I not know this?

Roflmao, dude thats harsh... still that kinda reinforces my whole (it's to simple (in the bad way)) type of thing.

PyroflameGames
PyroflameGames
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 10
Programmer
Response to Coder needed, 50/50 sponsor split 2008-04-19 02:10:26 Reply

Ok, first of all... Both of you stop. Your not helping him or this topic in any way at all, he's asking for someone to help him, not to spam his topic. And please, if this was on atari, could you provide a link of some sort? Like to some pictures of it or something.

While I would love to help you, sadly I'm just to stomped with other projects. Looking at your other games, they seem pretty successfully. I was hooked on that Circle of Death game for a couple of days and got half way through the element cup. But sorry, I can't help you at the moment, but I do hope you find someone, as I'm sure you will.

BBS Signature
DawnOfDusk
DawnOfDusk
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 14
Blank Slate
Response to Coder needed, 50/50 sponsor split 2008-04-19 02:14:53 Reply

At 4/19/08 02:10 AM, PyroflameProductions wrote: Ok, first of all... Both of you stop. Your not helping him or this topic in any way at all, he's asking for someone to help him, not to spam his topic.

We're telling him why he shouldn't even start this game yet, because it's not a good idea, it's not spamming if you don't want someone to make a mistake...

CaptainPoncho
CaptainPoncho
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 08
Blank Slate
Response to Coder needed, 50/50 sponsor split 2008-04-19 02:23:15 Reply

I wasn't even trying to be a dick. I'm probably off to go do what he's doing now, because that sounds like a pretty good deal.

BBS Signature
PyroflameGames
PyroflameGames
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 10
Programmer
Response to Coder needed, 50/50 sponsor split 2008-04-19 02:24:19 Reply

At 4/19/08 02:14 AM, DawnOfDusk wrote:
At 4/19/08 02:10 AM, PyroflameProductions wrote: Ok, first of all... Both of you stop. Your not helping him or this topic in any way at all, he's asking for someone to help him, not to spam his topic.
We're telling him why he shouldn't even start this game yet, because it's not a good idea, it's not spamming if you don't want someone to make a mistake...

First of all, the second guy never said it wasn't a good game (unless he's implying that all Atari games suck), and secondly, that's your opinion anyways. I think some games on the front page are a bad idea, particular that "Mouse Over Siege" one. But still, that game has a 4.0, even though I think it's a bad idea.

I personally, think this would turn out to be a great flash game if you had the right amount of power-ups, so everyone has there opinion. It's just the way that you said your second post:

"Roflmao, dude thats harsh... still that kinda reinforces my whole (it's to simple (in the bad way)) type of thing."

I just think you could have told him in a better way then that if you really felt the urge to say what you thought about it.

BBS Signature
DawnOfDusk
DawnOfDusk
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 14
Blank Slate
Response to Coder needed, 50/50 sponsor split 2008-04-19 02:25:30 Reply

At 4/19/08 02:23 AM, CaptainPoncho wrote: I wasn't even trying to be a dick. I'm probably off to go do what he's doing now, because that sounds like a pretty good deal.

kk, so we cool?

CaptainPoncho
CaptainPoncho
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 08
Blank Slate
Response to Coder needed, 50/50 sponsor split 2008-04-19 02:31:27 Reply

I was talking about the fourth game on his list of previous games.

It's galaga.

BBS Signature
Tiredguy
Tiredguy
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Blank Slate
Response to Coder needed, 50/50 sponsor split 2008-04-19 03:03:37 Reply

Hmm, it looks like a fun game, and the coding simply involves a little trigonometry. It's very tempting... Could I take a crack at it? I know I don't have any flash submitted here, but you can check out the NG Soundstream that I made to attest to my coding skills. Quick question, though: how much actionscript do you yourself know? I only ask that because I just want to know if I'm going to also be making menus and passwords and simple stuff like that on top of the gameplay...

Tiredguy
Tiredguy
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Blank Slate
Response to Coder needed, 50/50 sponsor split 2008-04-19 03:08:59 Reply

Oh, I also forgot to add that I still code in AS2 (flash 8). I hope that isn't incompatible with your standards. It shouldn't affect this sort of game.
Sorry for the doublepost (yet another inevitability when there's no "edit" option with the bbs)

TheMillz
TheMillz
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 23
Blank Slate
Response to Coder needed, 50/50 sponsor split 2008-04-19 08:48:11 Reply

Hey due, I'm using that sound streamer right now, it's incredibly useful, thanks for sharing that! You made that all yourself? If so, it's really impressive. Have you coded a game before? And how do you feel about this one? I personally am really limited in action script ( which is why I'm here ). I do understand stop functions, how to make buttons work, all that basic menu stuff, so making a menu would be my portion entirely if you want.

So yea man, send me an e-mail and we can talk this out, I'll send you the fla, you take a look at it and let me know if it's still something you would be interested in.That e-mail once again is:

stabikaseries@hotmail.com

RiotFlash
RiotFlash
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 08
Musician
Response to Coder needed, 50/50 sponsor split 2008-04-19 08:52:24 Reply

Have no fear
Riot is hear

I'll code for ya. PM me.

RiotFlash
RiotFlash
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 08
Musician
Response to Coder needed, 50/50 sponsor split 2008-04-19 08:54:34 Reply

At 4/19/08 08:52 AM, RiotFlash wrote: Have no fear
Riot is hear

I'll code for ya. PM me.

i dont rly like the idea that much. sorry. but still im here. pm plz.