00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

wilwz just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Beep Poop London Meet Iii

47,696 Views | 942 Replies

Response to Beep Poop London Meet Iii 2008-06-25 06:25:44

At 6/24/08 11:14 AM, DannyIsOnFire wrote: Out of curiosity, what do hotels go for per night in London.

use lastminute.com. managed to get 3* twin for 55 quid a week before (surprising seeing how there was a massive event at the O2 literally one tube stop away from it), listed price on the night was 225. basically depends on how close you want to be to the centre. quite close will be pricey. a bit away will be less. travel out to heathrow and you can name your price :-)

Response to Beep Poop London Meet Iii 2008-06-25 06:29:49

At 6/24/08 01:04 PM, NEVR wrote:
At 6/24/08 11:47 AM, sicktricksqueed wrote: Also, minimum age for staying in a hotel alone without parents?
Probably around 16, I should imagine.

I would guess 18 actually, dependent on the place. I know a lot of places in the States apparently won't check in anyone <21, so it's probably comparable here. A licensing thing I guess. Check wherever before booking imo

Response to Beep Poop London Meet Iii 2008-06-25 07:08:50

At 6/25/08 06:29 AM, jonthomson wrote:
At 6/24/08 01:04 PM, NEVR wrote:
At 6/24/08 11:47 AM, sicktricksqueed wrote: Also, minimum age for staying in a hotel alone without parents?
Probably around 16, I should imagine.
I would guess 18 actually, dependent on the place. I know a lot of places in the States apparently won't check in anyone <21, so it's probably comparable here. A licensing thing I guess. Check wherever before booking imo

Fortunately living half a train line from London I don't have to worry about this. But most hotels only rent out to people that are 17 in place slike travel lodge, silent inn etc but fancier ones that are a single franchise will go up to 21.

I am gay for three men. Three Sexy, Handsome, Boneriffic young men.

BBS Signature

Response to Beep Poop London Meet Iii 2008-06-25 08:23:12

At 6/25/08 06:29 AM, jonthomson wrote: I would guess 18 actually, dependent on the place. I know a lot of places in the States apparently won't check in anyone <21, so it's probably comparable here. A licensing thing I guess. Check wherever before booking imo

Good advice. I was thinking along the lines that if you could at least pay with a debit card or something (which you have to be 16 to have, last time I checked), then it wouldn't be a problem... but 18 does sound feasible too. I guess you'd just have to check if you really needed to know, like you said.

Are you coming Jon? I think I saw that you had 'expressed interest' last time I saw one of those lists of people attending.

BBS Signature

Response to Beep Poop London Meet Iii 2008-06-25 09:01:32

well... if you simply MUST stay somewhere for a night and nobody will take you.. then i suppose you can stay at the flat where me and a bunch of other newgrounders are staying.. mind you that its not going to be 5-star accomidations and you might end up on a couch or floor with blankets. Just make sure you let me know in advance so im not unpleasantly suprised....

In London Meet II i spoiled everyone and rented out two flats but times are hard and its high season so thats not happenin this time.

Heres a photo from the flat from last meet. lmao what a strange picture

Beep Poop London Meet Iii

None

BBS Signature

Response to Beep Poop London Meet Iii 2008-06-25 09:20:46

At 6/25/08 09:12 AM, akasquid wrote:
At 6/25/08 09:01 AM, Luis wrote: Heres a photo from the flat from last meet. lmao what a strange picture
AlmightyHans (I hope it's him, the one in the hat next to you?) looks EXACTLY like andrew-lee potts (Connor temple)!

Never noticed that... Is he showing up this year, because I think the easiest way to break the ice with people is gonna' be me going "OH HAII GUYZ, OMG YOU MADE VALENTINE '29?! WHO KNEWZ?1!!1"
Actually I'll set out to not do that...

BBS Signature

Response to Beep Poop London Meet Iii 2008-06-25 09:37:25

At 6/25/08 09:20 AM, Scuzzfest wrote: AlmightyHans (I hope it's him, the one in the hat next to you?) looks EXACTLY like andrew-lee potts (Connor temple)!

Never noticed that... Is he showing up this year, because I think the easiest way to break the ice with people is gonna' be me going "OH HAII GUYZ, OMG YOU MADE VALENTINE '29?! WHO KNEWZ?1!!1"
Actually I'll set out to not do that...

hehe its better than how clock users introduce themselves to me... its more along the lines of omg why do you hate clocks we've never done anything to you!

Anyway yea thats Hans and he'll be showing up again.. and staying at the flat.

None

BBS Signature

Response to Beep Poop London Meet Iii 2008-06-25 10:27:20

At 6/25/08 09:37 AM, Luis wrote: hehe its better than how clock users introduce themselves to me... its more along the lines of omg why do you hate clocks we've never done anything to you!

Anyway yea thats Hans and he'll be showing up again.. and staying at the flat.

My friend Exofest and myself were contemplating buying an Angry clock shirt and a Happy clock shirt to match on the day and just screaming "Y HALO THAR!" to the large group of NG fans, but we think we'll just stick with the shirts not the retarded welcome. Or we may buy Weebl shirts for the occassion.

Also from the pictures I've seen of last year is the Namco arcade the one located downstairs/next to the London aquarium with bumper cars at the bottom? Because I have left over tickets from the games and always wanted a to claim 1,000 ticket air rifle or something from there.

BBS Signature

Response to Beep Poop London Meet Iii 2008-06-25 14:49:44

At 6/25/08 10:27 AM, Scuzzfest wrote: Also from the pictures I've seen of last year is the Namco arcade the one located downstairs/next to the London aquarium with bumper cars at the bottom? Because I have left over tickets from the games and always wanted a to claim 1,000 ticket air rifle or something from there.

Yes thats the one. youre correct.

None

BBS Signature

Response to Beep Poop London Meet Iii 2008-06-26 16:42:18

being under an hour away by public transport, i might come check out teh meet

BBS Signature

Response to Beep Poop London Meet Iii 2008-06-27 13:11:34

Are we going to actually ride the london eye, and get a few photos done at the top?

That would be cool.

Stop looking

Response to Beep Poop London Meet Iii 2008-06-27 18:58:56

Firstly, just to say that i appologize before hand for all the spelling errors and grammar errors, the keyboard i'm on is extremely gunked up and i'm in a rush. ^-^

Glad every one liked the "wall art" idea.

Also, getting spraycans around london can in some ways get tricky , the cheapest place i know is in brixton, although 2 out of four times my friends or i have been there they were robbed, only for the spray cans. (luckily the times i went nothing happened.)
Although i'm sure with a bunch of people, most over the age of 18+ everything will go perfectly fine.... thats if the shop even exists any more.....

Ordering online would proberbly be easier than trecking up to brixton.

Last thing: Laptop: Broken, in repairs. Home computer, without moniter which is also broken.....i'm without access to a computer and am starting to get withdrawal symptons <.< >.>
(although on my nans laptop atm :3 )

Response to Beep Poop London Meet Iii 2008-06-27 19:10:03

shit, i could get up there as its only a few miles away from me, but i'm only 15... :(

i'm an asshole

this is my asshole page

thats my asshole signature down there

BBS Signature

Response to Beep Poop London Meet Iii 2008-06-27 19:39:17

I live in London.. :D

I'm coming!

You can be a paedo to me any time - Amaranthus

BBS Signature

Response to Beep Poop London Meet Iii 2008-06-27 19:50:57

At 6/27/08 07:39 PM, Silver-Glint wrote: I live in London.. :D

I'm coming!

On my face.

I did it for the lulz:

BBS Signature

Response to Beep Poop London Meet Iii 2008-06-27 19:58:56

At 6/27/08 07:50 PM, Burnzoid wrote:
At 6/27/08 07:39 PM, Silver-Glint wrote: I live in London.. :D

I'm coming!
On my face.

Lmao!

You can be a paedo to me any time - Amaranthus

BBS Signature

Response to Beep Poop London Meet Iii 2008-06-29 23:32:00

At 6/27/08 06:58 PM, fat-barry wrote: Ordering online would proberbly be easier than trecking up to brixton.

well the whole idea still isnt set in stone altogether... the group is insanely large right now.. and possibly getting larger.. it will be a nightmare to meet in the london eye and then haul everyone to the wall .. if we did that then id probably want to just paypal someone that lives in london some money to take care of the paint before hand and just show up with it. We'll see...

In other news, I was talking to tom about this whole thing over the weekend and we were thinking that it would be cool if someone from the ng office could come along for the trip. Tom obviously cant this year due to obligations in PAX, but it's looking like maybe mike will make the trip over. maybe that will inspire liljim to come out of hiding who knows!

None

BBS Signature

Response to Beep Poop London Meet Iii 2008-06-30 05:39:51

At 6/29/08 11:32 PM, Luis wrote: but it's looking like maybe mike will make the trip over.

That's excellent! Kicking a ball about with a NG admin, however lame it may sound to some, sounds fantastic to me :)
Plots and schemes are already being forumulated about getting him to reveal the secrets of Newgrounds, lol.

|| Portfolio || Facebook || Twitter ||

BBS Signature

Response to Beep Poop London Meet Iii 2008-06-30 05:41:29

im not going to london...

DevourerJay~Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most.

BBS Signature

Response to Beep Poop London Meet Iii 2008-06-30 07:15:23

At 6/29/08 11:32 PM, Luis wrote: if we did that then id probably want to just paypal someone that lives in london some money to take care of the paint before hand and just show up with it. We'll see...

If i find any in a shop somewhere, i'll bring that with me, don't worry about sending a couple of pounds :/

it's looking like maybe mike will make the trip over. maybe that will inspire liljim to come out of hiding who knows!

Awesome.

Stop looking

Response to Beep Poop London Meet Iii 2008-06-30 16:45:33

At 6/29/08 11:32 PM, Luis wrote: if we did that then id probably want to just paypal someone that lives in london some money to take care of the paint before hand and just show up with it. We'll see...

I'd be more than happy to buy spray paint, I live 5 minutes walk from a homebase, and have a friend who works there who could get them on employee discount.

BBS Signature

Response to Beep Poop London Meet Iii 2008-07-01 10:54:55

Would love to make it (London is my home town I just go to uni in Cardiff) but unfortunatly I think I might still be in singapore. Will try and scab an earlier plane home. Would just be awesome to meet some like-minded folks.

szafranko wrote:

im willing to put much credit for somone who can create a dorito's character to my likeing....

Linkage: Cracked | Geekologie | xkcd | smbc

Response to Beep Poop London Meet Iii 2008-07-01 11:03:13

What the fuck is this: "spray paint London with NG logo's idea?"

Wow, I REALLY want to spend my day putting graffiti on the wall of my precious London Town. Not just regular graffiti either, but NG based graffiti! That sounds so hardcore.

I mean people will look at it and will think we are badass, they won't fuck with us anymore and call us nerds will they?

pfffft.

On second note, If I do come I'll be sending hookers to the group.

I did it for the lulz:

BBS Signature

Response to Beep Poop London Meet Iii 2008-07-01 11:57:40

At 7/1/08 11:03 AM, Burnzoid wrote: On second note, If I do come I'll be sending hookers to the group.

Are you forgetting were all from Newgrounds. We get enough sex as it is ;)

|| Portfolio || Facebook || Twitter ||

BBS Signature

Response to Beep Poop London Meet Iii 2008-07-01 13:32:29

Maybe I could book a plane ticket.

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

BBS Signature

Response to Beep Poop London Meet Iii 2008-07-01 13:39:03

At 7/1/08 11:03 AM, Burnzoid wrote: What the fuck is this: "spray paint London with NG logo's idea?"

It's a dumb agree indeed. It'd probably look shit and the best graffiti is done at night, someone's gonna see.

[I've been wandering round but I still come back to you]

BBS Signature

Response to Beep Poop London Meet Iii 2008-07-01 13:44:04

Didn't they recently have a major crackdown on graffitti after all the underground was getting fucked up, just take billions of stickers and we'll make a a big tank out of all the little ones somehow.

BBS Signature

Response to Beep Poop London Meet Iii 2008-07-01 13:49:25

Wasn't the graffitti supposed to be done legally on a wall created for that purpose?

Response to Beep Poop London Meet Iii 2008-07-01 13:50:55

At 7/1/08 01:49 PM, notsquid wrote:
Didn't you read? There is a place where you're allowed to do graffiti.

Of course I didn't.

[I've been wandering round but I still come back to you]

BBS Signature

Response to Beep Poop London Meet Iii 2008-07-01 14:05:41

At 7/1/08 11:03 AM, Burnzoid wrote: Wow, I REALLY want to spend my day putting graffiti on the wall of my precious London Town.

No-one's forcing you to come, dickwad.

BBS Signature