New Topic Respond to this Topic
DannyIsOnFire
DannyIsOnFire
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 21
Movie Buff
Response to Beep Poop London Meet Iii 2008-06-22 17:40:29 Reply

At 6/22/08 05:38 PM, NEVR wrote: Anyway Danny, hopefully you'll be able to get into the pubs. If I do manage to come along, and you manage to get in, I may see you. ;P

I get the feeling our paths will cross :)

|| Portfolio || Facebook || Twitter ||

BBS Signature
Luis
Luis
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Melancholy
Response to Beep Poop London Meet Iii 2008-06-22 18:03:56 Reply

Thanks for your sound advice NEVR, thats probably the most reasonable advice ive ever seen in this thread, let alone this whole forum.

I dont think the list really needs maintaining at this point, theres still a good month and a half to go.

Anyone know of any worthwhile things to do in general? I'll be in the city almost all week, I'd like to catch a gig in camden or somethin worthwhile during the non meet days.

None

Scuzzfest
Scuzzfest
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 17
Blank Slate
Response to Beep Poop London Meet Iii 2008-06-22 18:16:46 Reply

At 6/22/08 06:03 PM, Luis wrote: Thanks for your sound advice NEVR, thats probably the most reasonable advice ive ever seen in this thread, let alone this whole forum.

I dont think the list really needs maintaining at this point, theres still a good month and a half to go.

Anyone know of any worthwhile things to do in general? I'll be in the city almost all week, I'd like to catch a gig in camden or somethin worthwhile during the non meet days.

It depends on what type of music you're into, The only gigs I've been into in london are at the electric ballroom on camdem and the 02 arena, The electric ballroom right near camdem street tube station is a great party, you can get in for a whole night of metal on most nights and there's special nights for rap etc occasionally for like £10, Sin city night I think it was called started at 8pm and finished around 3am.

Also myself and Exofest are on the likely to show up list, we'll only probably be on the day trip though being 15 and our bouncer avoiding abilities are not exactly phoenomanal.

I am gay for three men. Three Sexy, Handsome, Boneriffic young men.

BBS Signature
BananaBreadMuffin
BananaBreadMuffin
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 41
Programmer
Response to Beep Poop London Meet Iii 2008-06-22 18:22:21 Reply

Like its already been mentioned, there's a billion music nights on every single week in Camden, pretty much every bar has some kind of music playing.

BBS Signature
BananaBreadMuffin
BananaBreadMuffin
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 41
Programmer
Response to Beep Poop London Meet Iii 2008-06-22 18:43:39 Reply

I swear I'd added on this paragraph:

...but most of the time you'll be able to get in on the door rather than organising in advance, just pop into the london tourism office (i think it's in picadilly circus), and ask if you can get a whats on for nights out or similar.

BBS Signature
NEVR
NEVR
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 44
Gamer
Response to Beep Poop London Meet Iii 2008-06-22 19:01:40 Reply

At 6/22/08 05:37 PM, sirtom93 wrote:
Edited :) Now in the "definately coming" section unless something big comes up...
Like my cock

Wow. Just... wow. Don't try stand-up comedy ;P

At 6/22/08 05:40 PM, DannyIsOnFire wrote: I get the feeling our paths will cross :)

Is your spidey-sense tingling? ^_^

At 6/22/08 06:03 PM, Luis wrote: Thanks for your sound advice NEVR, thats probably the most reasonable advice ive ever seen in this thread, let alone this whole forum.

Heh, that's cool man. I'd just hate to see someone being turned away from a bar or something and having nowhere else to go. I've seen it happen to some of my friends before, and it's pretty bad. One time it happened to a friend who was actually 18... he just forgot his ID, and they wouldn't let him in. :/

Can't think of anything off the top of my head, but I'm sure you'll be able to find something using Google, etc. There's usually something going on in and around London.

BBS Signature
AsthmaticHamster
AsthmaticHamster
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 30
Filmmaker
Response to Beep Poop London Meet Iii 2008-06-22 20:16:50 Reply

Ok, so this may sound like a weird question, but I still need to know...
What kind of power outlets do you guys have in England?

mranarchy
mranarchy
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 35
Blank Slate
Response to Beep Poop London Meet Iii 2008-06-22 20:19:40 Reply

At 6/22/08 08:16 PM, AsthmaticHamster wrote: Ok, so this may sound like a weird question, but I still need to know...

Fucking insane ones...but built in fuses= extra safety

(I'm pretty sure they're exclusive to the UK)

Beep Poop London Meet Iii

"Put Smarties tubes on cats legs, make them walk like a robot."

BBS Signature
AsthmaticHamster
AsthmaticHamster
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 30
Filmmaker
Response to Beep Poop London Meet Iii 2008-06-22 20:22:32 Reply

At 6/22/08 08:19 PM, mranarchy wrote:
At 6/22/08 08:16 PM, AsthmaticHamster wrote: Ok, so this may sound like a weird question, but I still need to know...

(I'm pretty sure they're exclusive to the UK)

Woah... insane...
Gotta have to fetch me some adapter then!
Thanks!

Kaotyc
Kaotyc
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Blank Slate
Response to Beep Poop London Meet Iii 2008-06-22 20:35:16 Reply

Yay! I live 2 hours...no 1 and a half hours away from there! :D:D:D::D:D

Gagsy
Gagsy
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 53
Audiophile
Response to Beep Poop London Meet Iii 2008-06-23 07:23:44 Reply

At 6/22/08 04:40 PM, AsthmaticHamster wrote:
Definately attending (as far as i know)
Luis
AlmightyHans
Luka
Kirk-Cocaine
KaynSlamdyke
JPI
HappySheep
The-Swain
Shalashaska-1
mogly
chromeshark
bananabreadmuffin
Bezman
BritishMoose
AsthmaticHamster

Gagsy is coming =3

[I've been wandering round but I still come back to you]

BBS Signature
squidli
squidli
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to Beep Poop London Meet Iii 2008-06-23 07:31:58 Reply

I just realised, how the fuck will my mum trust me in London.
Also, stick me onto the definite list.

;D

DannyIsOnFire
DannyIsOnFire
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 21
Movie Buff
Response to Beep Poop London Meet Iii 2008-06-23 07:47:16 Reply

At 6/23/08 07:31 AM, squidli wrote: Also, stick me onto the definite list.

;D

Likewise.

|| Portfolio || Facebook || Twitter ||

BBS Signature
Luis
Luis
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Melancholy
Response to Beep Poop London Meet Iii 2008-06-23 08:27:43 Reply

Which of your usernames? ^_____________________^

None

squidli
squidli
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to Beep Poop London Meet Iii 2008-06-23 08:33:21 Reply

At 6/23/08 08:27 AM, Luis wrote:

hmm, good question.
sometimessquidbutsometimessomethingelse would do i think.

Luis
Luis
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Melancholy
Response to Beep Poop London Meet Iii 2008-06-23 09:07:51 Reply

At 6/23/08 08:33 AM, squidli wrote:
At 6/23/08 08:27 AM, Luis wrote:
hmm, good question.
sometimessquidbutsometimessomethingelse would do i think.

I'll anticipate you being banned from this one in the next few hours so i'll assume you'll make a new one called 'squidfingers'

None

BananaBreadMuffin
BananaBreadMuffin
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 41
Programmer
Response to Beep Poop London Meet Iii 2008-06-23 12:56:57 Reply

At 6/22/08 08:19 PM, mranarchy wrote:

They are also, like, double the voltage than over in america.

BBS Signature
fat-barry
fat-barry
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 22
Blank Slate
Response to Beep Poop London Meet Iii 2008-06-23 16:58:36 Reply

Oh a brief idea i had today was that we could go down to embankment where there is a legal graffiti wall (more of a small complex , it is also an okay place to skate (for all the skaters) But i was thinking that we could all do some huge newgrounds mural on one of the walls..

Although the cons of this are, spray paint isn't too cheap and comes to around £2.50 ($5.00) a can. Also the mural wouldn't stay their too long depending on how good it is, the really good ones, people admire and leave for a while until some talentless fuck comes along and scrawls bollocks all over it. The average ones are gone within a couple of days or so.... BUT PICTURES CAN HOLD MEMORIES FOR EVER!

???? Thoughts ?????

mranarchy
mranarchy
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 35
Blank Slate
Response to Beep Poop London Meet Iii 2008-06-23 17:05:24 Reply

At 6/23/08 04:58 PM, fat-barry wrote: Oh a brief idea i had today was that we could go down to embankment where there is a legal graffiti wall (more of a small complex , it is also an okay place to skate (for all the skaters) But i was thinking that we could all do some huge newgrounds mural on one of the walls..

Although the cons of this are, spray paint isn't too cheap and comes to around £2.50 ($5.00) a can. Also the mural wouldn't stay their too long depending on how good it is, the really good ones, people admire and leave for a while until some talentless fuck comes along and scrawls bollocks all over it. The average ones are gone within a couple of days or so.... BUT PICTURES CAN HOLD MEMORIES FOR EVER!

???? Thoughts ?????

sounds awesome!, I've got some NG stencils in the works, so this would fit in fine!

Dont know how all the skaters down there would react to a gathering of nerds spraying cult-internet figures and cock jokes all over their wall though.

"Put Smarties tubes on cats legs, make them walk like a robot."

BBS Signature
NEVR
NEVR
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 44
Gamer
Response to Beep Poop London Meet Iii 2008-06-23 17:16:37 Reply

At 6/23/08 04:58 PM, fat-barry wrote: Oh a brief idea i had today...

Sadly, my days of street-art are over, and I have no desire to get back into it, really. Whilst I appreciate well-executed pieces, I don't do any myself anymore. I'm far too out of practice to even bother trying to get back into it, tell the truth.

BBS Signature
BananaBreadMuffin
BananaBreadMuffin
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 41
Programmer
Response to Beep Poop London Meet Iii 2008-06-23 17:28:02 Reply

At 6/23/08 05:21 PM, BlackOperative wrote: damn. i can't make it.

The world stood still :o

BBS Signature
jonthomson
jonthomson
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 60
Gamer
Response to Beep Poop London Meet Iii 2008-06-23 17:28:12 Reply

At 6/22/08 04:40 PM, AsthmaticHamster wrote: Others that expressed interest
UnknownFury
citricsquid (lmao)
Cally
jonthompson
edvin
aloneinthedark
lucy

if i'm not busto i'll be coming down unless i have something come up.

also lol @ all the underage drinking talk, how exactly do 17 year olds afford to drink in the smoke anyway?

SiXFouR.668 EU

BBS Signature
Viridis
Viridis
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 25
Gamer
Response to Beep Poop London Meet Iii 2008-06-23 17:51:55 Reply

Put me and Shanus down as "express Intrest" we are in the emerald isle but were both english as they come. :)
I should be able to go, i need to renew my passport though and i hear that costs a fortune, shame the meetup is 2 weeks exactly before im 18. :(
On the side of ideas of what to do there, london is choc a block full of strip clubs. ;)

PSN: Cloud-1409

BBS Signature
Luis
Luis
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Melancholy
Response to Beep Poop London Meet Iii 2008-06-23 19:28:01 Reply

At 6/23/08 04:58 PM, fat-barry wrote: ???? Thoughts ?????

Thats a great idea.. regardless of weather your days of graffiti bombs are over it would be cool to have a ng tank stencil there even temporarily.. ill get the spray cans if you point me in the right direction when im there. I'll just charge it to the NG Mastercard and bill tom for it when i get back! He's good for it.

None

Luis
Luis
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Melancholy
Response to Beep Poop London Meet Iii 2008-06-23 19:29:11 Reply

lmao please forgive me for totally butchering the spelling of 'whether'. lmao

None

squidli
squidli
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to Beep Poop London Meet Iii 2008-06-23 19:31:20 Reply

At 6/23/08 07:29 PM, Luis wrote: lmao please forgive me for totally butchering the spelling of 'whether'. lmao

We'll also forgive you for the lack of grammar and capital letters :D

I'm still on this account Lu!
NEVR
NEVR
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 44
Gamer
Response to Beep Poop London Meet Iii 2008-06-23 19:41:09 Reply

At 6/23/08 07:28 PM, Luis wrote: Thats a great idea.. regardless of weather your days of graffiti bombs are over it would be cool to have a ng tank stencil there even temporarily..

Well, stencils I wouldn't mind doing so much... it's just the freestyle stuff I'm staying away from. I used to do some really nice pieces (if I do say so myself), but I reckon that if I tried now, my attempts would be pretty crap. ;P

A stencil is very doable though. Anyone can make one - just print out a large picture of the NG tank, and stick it to a piece of thin card - too think and it's hard to cut through. Then use a stencil knife (or a stanley knife will work for something that isn't too intricate, like the NG tank) and cut out all the white sections of the tank. Done. All you need then is to paint a black background on the wall where you're stenciling -- or else, you can make it a double-layered stencil, which involves making a second stencil which is simply the outline of the whole tank with no detail. That'll be the black background, which you spray on first, and then you spray on the detail over it in white using the other stencil.

ill get the spray cans if you point me in the right direction when im there. I'll just charge it to the NG Mastercard and bill tom for it when i get back! He's good for it.

Hmm... not sure how much luck you'd have finding a shop that sells cans in London. They're quite rare over here. Might be a better idea to buy the cans online (there's loads of online stores - I'd recommend the 'Montana' brand of paint, though) and just bring them over with you, so long as you don't have any qualms about doing that.

BBS Signature
AsthmaticHamster
AsthmaticHamster
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 30
Filmmaker
Response to Beep Poop London Meet Iii 2008-06-23 19:53:38 Reply

At 6/23/08 07:41 PM, NEVR wrote: Hmm... not sure how much luck you'd have finding a shop that sells cans in London. They're quite rare over here. Might be a better idea to buy the cans online (there's loads of online stores - I'd recommend the 'Montana' brand of paint, though) and just bring them over with you, so long as you don't have any qualms about doing that.

As long as you don't buy in America and try to bring them with you on the plane, which could lead to hilarity at the customs.

"Sir, was is this?"
"Um... spray paint cans?"
"And what are you doing with spray paint cans on a plane?"
"Well, I'm an artist and I was gotta do..."
"DON'T YOU LIE TO ME, YOU SCUMBAG TERRORIST! YOU WERE PLANNING ON USING THEM AS ARTIFICIAL FLAMETHROWERS, WERE'NT YOU?!?"
"WHAT?!? N... no... NO!"
"SHUT UP, YOU DIRTY PAKI!"
"I'm texan!"
*whack*

and scene...

But the graffiti is a great idea. I really suck at it, but with stencils (ANGREH FACE stencils for the win), it could be fun and it would make pretty awsome pictures. I have to remember to bring some old clothes with me on the trip though...

NEVR
NEVR
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 44
Gamer
Response to Beep Poop London Meet Iii 2008-06-23 19:57:30 Reply

At 6/23/08 07:53 PM, AsthmaticHamster wrote: and scene...

LOL!

TBH, someone from England who's going will probably already have cans anyway, so I doubt we'll need to worry about buying any. Black and white aren't exactly hard to get hold of. Worst comes to worst, any DIY or home improvement store will usually sell cheap spray paint - it's not artist quality, but the stencils probably won't be up there for that long anyway.

But the graffiti is a great idea. I really suck at it, but with stencils (ANGREH FACE stencils for the win), it could be fun and it would make pretty awsome pictures. I have to remember to bring some old clothes with me on the trip though...

Good point. Spray paint on nice clothes is not a good idea. It will NEVER come off.

BBS Signature
BananaBreadMuffin
BananaBreadMuffin
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 41
Programmer
Response to Beep Poop London Meet Iii 2008-06-23 19:58:35 Reply

I live 2 minutes walk from a largish Homebase, I'm sure they'll have black + white paints so that's no problem.

BBS Signature