New Topic Respond to this Topic
AsthmaticHamster
AsthmaticHamster
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 30
Filmmaker
Response to Beep Poop London Meet Iii Jun. 22nd, 2008 @ 01:38 PM Reply

At 6/22/08 12:24 PM, Luis wrote: Anyway this msg is for everyone, do use your own best judgement, if you have hard ass parents who will beat you to a pulp, or know you cant afford to get back home (this may sound silly but in canada there was someone who showed up and i had to pay for his way home. grrrrrrr)

WHAT?!?
Who did you pay for?

DannyIsOnFire
DannyIsOnFire
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 21
Movie Buff
Response to Beep Poop London Meet Iii Jun. 22nd, 2008 @ 01:44 PM Reply

At 6/22/08 01:20 PM, BananaBreadMuffin wrote:
At 6/22/08 12:32 PM, DannyIsOnFire wrote: Plus I have an ID. Only place I've ever used it is ASDA. Waste of money really...
lmao what the fuck? if i wanted beer i just put it on the shopping list and then paid my parents back later

I go to a lot of parties where it's BYOB. Meaning me and a few mates will go in on crates and head off. My parents would probably get sick of taking me to ASDA every week, sitting through the arguments of "Lager, Cider or Stout", paying, dropping us off, etc, etc. At the end of the day, it's easier for me to buy it myself. If I want cans for a night in on my lonesome, I'll nip to the corner shop and pick some up.

At 6/22/08 01:29 PM, Gagsy wrote: Err fake ID? I don't intend to get in trouble with the police if you're caught drinking underage with us.

I think that's highly unlikely. Plus I know I won't be the only one.
If worst comes to worst, claim you had no idea I was under eighteen. I mean let's face it, most of us are complete strangers to each other. If I hadn't told you, you'd be none the wiser.

|| Portfolio || Facebook || Twitter ||

BBS Signature
Cally
Cally
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 16
Blank Slate
Response to Beep Poop London Meet Iii Jun. 22nd, 2008 @ 02:20 PM Reply

At 6/22/08 01:31 PM, BananaBreadMuffin wrote:
At 6/22/08 01:22 PM, squidli wrote:
At 6/22/08 01:20 PM, BananaBreadMuffin wrote: lmao what the fuck? if i wanted beer i just put it on the shopping list and then paid my parents back later
Since when can Newts buy alcohol in Asda?
No, Sainsburys. They'll take all sorts.

Ha, Sainsbury's is the only store that actually *does* ID me (only been able to buy alcohol for the past 9 years legally... no rush to catch on, mind). One classic example is when I tried to buy some wine with my credit card (which you have to be 18 to have), was asked for ID (which was in my car). Told her it was in the car (which you have to be at least 17 to drive, plus the credit card I had to be 18 to have), she made me go out and get it, holding up a queue of 4 behind me,all standing tutting. Came back in with my driving licence - had she held my order and carried on service? NO. She'd made the other customers wait with my order on her screen for me to come back. (What if I didn't come back? Would she be there all day?). She sat staring at my licence and you could just tell she was counting the years from 1981 upwards. She said "1981... *long pause* So that makes you 27" I replied, "Yes, that's right - well done." She just handed it back and took my payment. No apology, no joke about looking good for my age like the pubs normally, nothing. The customer behind me looked at me and rolled his eyes as if to say "What a fucking numpty".

Pubs in London are likely to be quite strict on ID and will likely only take the official Portman (Pass) ID's, passports or photo driving licences. Up to you guys if you want to risk it, but I'd advise anyone else in the group not to try and argue th other persons case if they clearly have false ID as it might land you in trouble too... :)

Part of Newgrounds furniture since 2000.Clicky, clicky.

BBS Signature
Luis
Luis
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Staff
Level 02
Melancholy
Response to Beep Poop London Meet Iii Jun. 22nd, 2008 @ 02:42 PM Reply

I prefer a 'we'lll deal with it when the time comes approach' The bulk of the meet has nothing to do with pubs anyway...

I think its too unpredictable to try and anticipate the pub situation anyway.
For the sake of comparison, the second time we had the meet, when it was my birthday there was no problems, we had one person that was 17 and it was a non issue. The first time we did the meet however, we had one person who wasnt allowed in, in which case we went to a different more seedy place outside of the touristy lest. square area and we had no issues.

Anyway, im not really condoning that people who know they cant get into pubs, try to agressively attempt to. I sure as hell will not be babysitting nor should anyone have to do babysit you. I'm on vacation as far as im concerned and so is everyone else. It shouldnt be our problem that in attempt to be cool you are 'that guy who cant hold his liquor'. There will be plenty of time to hang out, if you skip the whole pub part you really didnt miss a TON of activity.

If the group isnt too rowdy after a few drinks, we may walk back to my flat to get out of the crowded pub scene and continue conversating, maybe ill even offer some of the floor to anyone who needed a place to crash..... I'll evaluate that when the time comes though.

gum gum gum gum gum gum gum gum gum gum gum gum gum gum gum gum gum gum gum gum gum gum gum gum gum gum gum gum gum gum gum

AsthmaticHamster
AsthmaticHamster
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 30
Filmmaker
Response to Beep Poop London Meet Iii Jun. 22nd, 2008 @ 02:43 PM Reply

At 6/22/08 02:20 PM, Cally wrote: Pubs in London are likely to be quite strict on ID and will likely only take the official Portman (Pass) ID's, passports or photo driving licences. Up to you guys if you want to risk it, but I'd advise anyone else in the group not to try and argue th other persons case if they clearly have false ID as it might land you in trouble too... :)

Well, if it ever happens, we just have to pretend, like it was said earlier in the topic, that we thought the guy getting carded was 18, or that he told us he was 18 and all. Seriously, the last thing I want is something like that ruining my trip :P

Cally
Cally
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 16
Blank Slate
Response to Beep Poop London Meet Iii Jun. 22nd, 2008 @ 03:07 PM Reply

At 6/22/08 02:43 PM, AsthmaticHamster wrote:
At 6/22/08 02:20 PM, Cally wrote: Pubs in London are likely to be quite strict on ID and will likely only take the official Portman (Pass) ID's, passports or photo driving licences. Up to you guys if you want to risk it, but I'd advise anyone else in the group not to try and argue th other persons case if they clearly have false ID as it might land you in trouble too... :)
Well, if it ever happens, we just have to pretend, like it was said earlier in the topic, that we thought the guy getting carded was 18, or that he told us he was 18 and all. Seriously, the last thing I want is something like that ruining my trip :P

Yeah, was busy writing all that long spiel (trying to keep my spelling right throughout as my typing sucks today lol) and that one squeezed in before me ;)
Agreed.

BBS Signature
DannyIsOnFire
DannyIsOnFire
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 21
Movie Buff
Response to Beep Poop London Meet Iii Jun. 22nd, 2008 @ 03:48 PM Reply

At 6/22/08 02:42 PM, Luis wrote: I prefer a 'we'lll deal with it when the time comes approach'

Agreed. I can't see it being a problem anyway.
If I get there and there's twenty of you freaking out about drinking with someone who's legally underage, I'll just head to a different pub, chat with some strangers (it's what I'd be doing anyway if you think about it :P) and enjoy my night.

BBS Signature
BananaBreadMuffin
BananaBreadMuffin
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 41
Audiophile
Response to Beep Poop London Meet Iii Jun. 22nd, 2008 @ 04:11 PM Reply

At 6/22/08 02:20 PM, Cally wrote: One classic example is when I tried to buy some wine with my credit card

When I first turned 18, I walked into morrisons clutching my newly acquired provisional drivers license, picked up three bottles of magners, and walked to the checkout. When the person asked me for ID, I proudly handed over my prov. driv. lice, and the guy on the till stared at it for a bit. "Err", he shouted at someone staffing the next till along, who came over, stared at my ID, then jabbed the button under the desk to get the manager in. The manager comes along, stares at my ID, then goes and picks up a phone, and dials Morrisons Head Office, talks heatedly for a minute and a half, then comes back, apologises to me, and goes back to his manager things. Turns out that my license was one of the first new style 'digital' licenses that had ever been used in that Morrisons, but I hadn't known this, and I was just standing there like a gimp with a big queue behind me and a confusing look on my face as I tried to work out whether I was actually 18 or I'd got my birthday date wrong.

SeifAdnan
SeifAdnan
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Blank Slate
Response to Beep Poop London Meet Iii Jun. 22nd, 2008 @ 04:21 PM Reply

At 4/13/08 09:35 AM, poxpower wrote: I'm considering it....

no one would want to see you anyways, you ugly ghoul

fat-barry
fat-barry
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 22
Blank Slate
Response to Beep Poop London Meet Iii Jun. 22nd, 2008 @ 04:25 PM Reply

I was trying to imagine my parents reaction to; "Bye, crashing in someone's hotel room, be back in the morning."

In fact I'll go ask now....

"Hey mum how would you feel if i stayed at some hotel nearby?"

REACTION: *A long sigh, followed by closed eyes and the shaking of a head*

Ahwell.

SCUD14
SCUD14
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 27
Blank Slate
Response to Beep Poop London Meet Iii Jun. 22nd, 2008 @ 04:25 PM Reply

At 6/22/08 04:11 PM, BananaBreadMuffin wrote:
At 6/22/08 02:20 PM, Cally wrote: One classic example is when I tried to buy some wine with my credit card
When I first turned 18, I walked into morrisons

Oh Morrisons, bottom of the major supermarket food chain.

"Ooh what is this magical electricity this boy has?"

I must say, however, i applaud your taste in drink.

Stop looking

AsthmaticHamster
AsthmaticHamster
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 30
Filmmaker
Response to Beep Poop London Meet Iii Jun. 22nd, 2008 @ 04:26 PM Reply

At 6/22/08 04:18 PM, Mendou wrote:
At 6/19/08 06:24 PM, AsthmaticHamster wrote: It's so fun to actually meet new people.
That probably aren't too fond of me.

How can the people not be fond of you if they don't even know who you are?
If you actually show up with this kind of attitude, they're bound not to be though...

fat-barry
fat-barry
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 22
Blank Slate
Response to Beep Poop London Meet Iii Jun. 22nd, 2008 @ 04:30 PM Reply

Oh also, your sig luis, can / shall i use that as mine, or for that matter, can anyone else who's going on the meet?

Or is it a kinda personal thing?

DannyIsOnFire
DannyIsOnFire
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 21
Movie Buff
Response to Beep Poop London Meet Iii Jun. 22nd, 2008 @ 04:37 PM Reply

At 6/22/08 04:34 PM, Mendou wrote: I'd like to know which users are actually coming.

There's a list posted a few pages back I think.

BBS Signature
AsthmaticHamster
AsthmaticHamster
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 30
Filmmaker
Response to Beep Poop London Meet Iii Jun. 22nd, 2008 @ 04:40 PM Reply

At 6/22/08 04:34 PM, Mendou wrote: I'd like to know which users are actually coming.

I think this is the most recent list, but I could be wrong. It's probably already out of date...

Definately attending (as far as i know)
Luis
AlmightyHans
Luka
Kirk-Cocaine
KaynSlamdyke
JPI
HappySheep
The-Swain
Shalashaska-1
mogly
chromeshark
bananabreadmuffin
Bezman
BritishMoose
AsthmaticHamster

likely to show up
FBIpolux
DannyIsOnFire
zoy
Krinn
The-Super-Flash-Bros
TheEXP
TimFrommeyer
Xenon
liljim
paranoia

Others that expressed interest

UnknownFury
citricsquid (lmao)
Cally
jonthompson
edvin
aloneinthedark
lucy

fat-barry
fat-barry
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 22
Blank Slate
Response to Beep Poop London Meet Iii Jun. 22nd, 2008 @ 04:44 PM Reply

At 6/22/08 04:40 PM, AsthmaticHamster wrote:
I think this is the most recent list, but I could be wrong. It's probably already out of date...

Luis
AlmightyHans
Luka
Kirk-Cocaine
KaynSlamdyke
JPI
HappySheep
The-Swain
Shalashaska-1
mogly
chromeshark
bananabreadmuffin
Bezman
BritishMoose
AsthmaticHamster
Fat-Barry

likely to show up
FBIpolux
DannyIsOnFire
zoy
Krinn
The-Super-Flash-Bros
TheEXP
TimFrommeyer
Xenon
liljim
paranoia

UnknownFury
citricsquid (lmao)
Cally
jonthompson
edvin
aloneinthedark
lucy

Idea, quote and add your name if you fit into any of these categories, we should have more updated list in a bit. :D

dELtaluca
dELtaluca
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 20
Blank Slate
Response to Beep Poop London Meet Iii Jun. 22nd, 2008 @ 04:45 PM Reply

At 6/22/08 04:40 PM, AsthmaticHamster wrote: I think this is the most recent list, but I could be wrong. It's probably already out of date...

it had errors and ommisions when it wasn't out of date ;P

using ShamelessPlug; NapePhysicsEngine.advertise();

BBS Signature
DannyIsOnFire
DannyIsOnFire
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 21
Movie Buff
Response to Beep Poop London Meet Iii Jun. 22nd, 2008 @ 04:51 PM Reply

At 6/22/08 04:45 PM, dELtaluca wrote:
At 6/22/08 04:40 PM, AsthmaticHamster wrote: I think this is the most recent list, but I could be wrong. It's probably already out of date...
it had errors and ommisions when it wasn't out of date ;P

Are you going Delta my man?

BBS Signature
SCUD14
SCUD14
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 27
Blank Slate
Response to Beep Poop London Meet Iii Jun. 22nd, 2008 @ 04:53 PM Reply

At 6/22/08 04:44 PM, fat-barry wrote:

Luis
AlmightyHans
Luka
Kirk-Cocaine
KaynSlamdyke
JPI
HappySheep
The-Swain
Shalashaska-1
mogly
chromeshark
bananabreadmuffin
Bezman
BritishMoose
AsthmaticHamster
Fat-Barry

likely to show up
FBIpolux
DannyIsOnFire
zoy
Krinn
The-Super-Flash-Bros
TheEXP
TimFrommeyer
Xenon
liljim
paranoia
SCUD14

UnknownFury
citricsquid (lmao)
Cally
jonthompson
edvin
aloneinthedark
lucy

There. I'm in the middle ground. The best place to be. Unless your in ww1. You may have guessed this is all filler text. Stupid quoted text limit.

Stop looking

NEVR
NEVR
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 44
Gamer
Response to Beep Poop London Meet Iii Jun. 22nd, 2008 @ 04:56 PM Reply

At 6/22/08 02:42 PM, Luis wrote: I think its too unpredictable to try and anticipate the pub situation anyway.
For the sake of comparison, the second time we had the meet, when it was my birthday there was no problems, we had one person that was 17 and it was a non issue.

I haven't been out in London in a while, but I think you'll find that things have changed a lot recently in concern to the ID situation. The government has attempted to tighten up on under-age drinking, so most people who look under 25 or so will more than likely be asked to show their ID when trying to get into a pub or bar, etc. I've seen people who look even older than that being asked for ID, so IMO it's best to plan for the worst as far as that's concerned.

I'd advise anybody who's underage and planning to attempt to come on the pub crawl afterwards to have a backup plan to get home or something just in case you don't get in.

BBS Signature
DeathWeapon
DeathWeapon
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 06
Blank Slate
Response to Beep Poop London Meet Iii Jun. 22nd, 2008 @ 05:00 PM Reply

Despite a rather pathetic and meager post count, I've been lurking a good few years and I think an opertunity to actually meet a number of fellow users would probably inspire me to post and integrate more.

Assuming I'm not working those dates at work, I'd definately be up for poping along. I'll have to check the train times but I think a train from Exeter to London is only a few hours so I should arrive in time.

Also, I don't know if it's been mentioned but accomodation? If we're all going to be out on the tiles Im guessing hotels have been considered for us all to collaspse into in the early hours?

But yes, put my list down for one of those interested.

PSN ID: Chronixal

DannyIsOnFire
DannyIsOnFire
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 21
Movie Buff
Response to Beep Poop London Meet Iii Jun. 22nd, 2008 @ 05:01 PM Reply

At 6/22/08 04:53 PM, Mendou wrote: Fuck I've never spoken to much of any of those users.

To be honest I've spoken to Squid (Sam) outside of Newgrounds and that's it. And by outside NG I mean MSN.
I fully expect people to keep asking "so who the fuck are you again?" but in my opinion, that's part of the fun of this whole thing.

BBS Signature
Cally
Cally
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 16
Blank Slate
Response to Beep Poop London Meet Iii Jun. 22nd, 2008 @ 05:02 PM Reply

Luis
AlmightyHans
Luka
Kirk-Cocaine
KaynSlamdyke
JPI
HappySheep
The-Swain
Shalashaska-1
mogly
chromeshark
bananabreadmuffin
Bezman
BritishMoose
AsthmaticHamster
>>> Cally

Edited :) Now in the "definately coming" section unless something big comes up...

BBS Signature
DannyIsOnFire
DannyIsOnFire
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 21
Movie Buff
Response to Beep Poop London Meet Iii Jun. 22nd, 2008 @ 05:03 PM Reply

At 6/22/08 04:56 PM, NEVR wrote: I'd advise anybody who's underage and planning to attempt to come on the pub crawl afterwards to have a backup plan to get home or something just in case you don't get in.

I'll be down on Friday, so Friday night I'm gonna head to the nearest pub and just see what the score is. If all goes well, I'll be out buying you good people drinks on Saturday.

BBS Signature
VincentElric
VincentElric
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 32
Blank Slate
Response to Beep Poop London Meet Iii Jun. 22nd, 2008 @ 05:10 PM Reply

Add me to the "Others that have expressed interest" As i don't live that far away in the grand scheme of things, so yeah, might pop by.

Burnzoid
Burnzoid
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 18
Blank Slate
Response to Beep Poop London Meet Iii Jun. 22nd, 2008 @ 05:27 PM Reply

Hang out with a bunch of NG users in London?

Lol.

I did it for the lulz:

BBS Signature
mranarchy
mranarchy
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 35
Blank Slate
Response to Beep Poop London Meet Iii Jun. 22nd, 2008 @ 05:32 PM Reply

At 6/22/08 04:44 PM, fat-barry wrote:

UnknownFury
citricsquid (lmao)
Cally
jonthompson
edvin
aloneinthedark
lucy

Goddamit I want to be on this list >:(

Idea, quote and add your name if you fit into any of these categories, we should have more updated list in a bit. :D

"Put Smarties tubes on cats legs, make them walk like a robot."

BBS Signature
sirtom93
sirtom93
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 24
Blank Slate
Response to Beep Poop London Meet Iii Jun. 22nd, 2008 @ 05:37 PM Reply

Edited :) Now in the "definately coming" section unless something big comes up...

Like my cock *recovers from heart bypass due to laughter* seriously though, delta and danny(isonfire) going - this is gunna rockzor my sockzor.

NEVR
NEVR
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 44
Gamer
Response to Beep Poop London Meet Iii Jun. 22nd, 2008 @ 05:38 PM Reply

At 6/22/08 05:03 PM, DannyIsOnFire wrote: I'll be down on Friday, so Friday night I'm gonna head to the nearest pub and just see what the score is. If all goes well, I'll be out buying you good people drinks on Saturday.

I take it your profile is accurate and you're 17? Obviously it differs from person to person - some people just look older than others and aren't asked for ID. Be interesting to see how tight/lax they are about ID in London these days... I know that where I live, they're getting very uptight about ID.

My friends and I were lucky in that respect, as around the time we were 16 or so, and going to the pub regularly, everyone was so relaxed about ID, so it didn't really matter that we were underage. After we turned 18, they started cracking down on underage drinking in our area, so we narrowly escaped that one.

Anyway Danny, hopefully you'll be able to get into the pubs. If I do manage to come along, and you manage to get in, I may see you. ;P

(BTW, whoever is maintaining the list of people who are coming, put me down in the 'Likely to show up' section).

BBS Signature
Cally
Cally
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 16
Blank Slate
Response to Beep Poop London Meet Iii Jun. 22nd, 2008 @ 05:38 PM Reply

At 6/22/08 05:37 PM, sirtom93 wrote:
Like my cock *recovers from heart bypass due to laughter* seriously though, delta and danny(isonfire) going - this is gunna rockzor my sockzor.

Hahahaha, oh god... I should really read back to myself what I write before hitting "post"...

BBS Signature