00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

TheADHX just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Beep Poop London Meet Iii

47,693 Views | 942 Replies

Response to Beep Poop London Meet Iii 2008-06-22 12:27:25

At 6/22/08 11:43 AM, SCUD14 wrote:
At 6/22/08 11:33 AM, squidli wrote: Anybody can come, i think, but Under 18's won't be able to go drinking.
I guessed that, I just don't want to be the only person sat outside the pub with a coke while everyone enjoys themself inside. Any other under 18's definately going?

I know Sam (squid) is, and I think several others are.
I myself will be 17 at the time (a few weeks shy of 18), but Wild Horses won't stop me going drinking on the night :)

|| Portfolio || Facebook || Twitter ||

BBS Signature

Response to Beep Poop London Meet Iii 2008-06-22 12:29:07

At 6/22/08 12:24 PM, Luis wrote:
Anyway this msg is for everyone, do use your own best judgement, if you have hard ass parents who will beat you to a pulp, or know you cant afford to get back home (this may sound silly but in canada there was someone who showed up and i had to pay for his way home. grrrrrrr)

I think it would plain be a bad idea for anyone under 16, as in England that is basicly the starting age and people are generally smart by then. Also if everyone gets return tickets then thats the way back sorted out.

When this post hits 88 mph, you're going to see some serious friendship.

Youtube, Twitch: Mostly games

BBS Signature

Response to Beep Poop London Meet Iii 2008-06-22 12:29:50

At 6/22/08 12:27 PM, DannyIsOnFire wrote: Wild Horses won't stop me going drinking on the night :)

What about bouncers or bar staff asking for ID?

BBS Signature

Response to Beep Poop London Meet Iii 2008-06-22 12:32:56

At 6/22/08 12:29 PM, BananaBreadMuffin wrote:
At 6/22/08 12:27 PM, DannyIsOnFire wrote: Wild Horses won't stop me going drinking on the night :)
What about bouncers or bar staff asking for ID?

I've been going drinking for over a year and this has NEVER happened.
Plus I have an ID. Only place I've ever used it is ASDA. Waste of money really...

BBS Signature

Response to Beep Poop London Meet Iii 2008-06-22 12:33:27

At 6/22/08 12:24 PM, Luis wrote: As I've mentioned before, the whole pub thing isnt until late at night when its past you all's bedtime ;)

Anyway this msg is for everyone, do use your own best judgement, if you have hard ass parents who will beat you to a pulp, or know you cant afford to get back home (this may sound silly but in canada there was someone who showed up and i had to pay for his way home. grrrrrrr), or any other reason that would make your coming a bad idea then just dont come. I dont want people doing like mission impossible type shit to show up to some stupid gathering at the london eye.

Oh right, that's fine then. By that time i'll have enough money to go. I couldn't bear the thought of borrowing money from someone I never met.

Ok, I guess i'll turn up then, because i have the mental capacity to behave reasonably responsibly, believe it or not. Failing that...

'I'm out tonight, staying at a mates'.

Stop looking

Response to Beep Poop London Meet Iii 2008-06-22 12:40:57

I just want to say that coaches are remarkebly cheaper than trains for trips up and down, the day has been planned rather well as my dad will drop me of at the underground, then I have to make my way to the eye.

Response to Beep Poop London Meet Iii 2008-06-22 12:41:47

At 6/22/08 12:32 PM, DannyIsOnFire wrote: I've been going drinking for over a year and this has NEVER happened.

Have been drinking in central London for over a year though?

The water in Majorca don't taste like what it oughta.

| AS3: Main | AS2: Main | Flash Tutorials |

BBS Signature

Response to Beep Poop London Meet Iii 2008-06-22 12:43:54

At 6/22/08 12:41 PM, Kirk-Cocaine wrote:
At 6/22/08 12:32 PM, DannyIsOnFire wrote: I've been going drinking for over a year and this has NEVER happened.
Have been drinking in central London for over a year though?

Nope. I'm guessing it's stricter than my hell hole of a town. Still, I'll have the ID to fall back on.

BBS Signature

Response to Beep Poop London Meet Iii 2008-06-22 13:20:27

At 6/22/08 12:32 PM, DannyIsOnFire wrote: Plus I have an ID. Only place I've ever used it is ASDA. Waste of money really...

lmao what the fuck? if i wanted beer i just put it on the shopping list and then paid my parents back later

BBS Signature

Response to Beep Poop London Meet Iii 2008-06-22 13:27:35

At 6/22/08 12:33 PM, SCUD14 wrote:
At 6/22/08 12:24 PM, Luis wrote: As I've mentioned before, the whole pub thing isnt until late at night when its past you all's bedtime ;)

Anyway this msg is for everyone, do use your own best judgement, if you have hard ass parents who will beat you to a pulp, or know you cant afford to get back home (this may sound silly but in canada there was someone who showed up and i had to pay for his way home. grrrrrrr), or any other reason that would make your coming a bad idea then just dont come. I dont want people doing like mission impossible type shit to show up to some stupid gathering at the london eye.

I Like Tottaly Told Luis That I would bring something stupid like 50£

Oh right, that's fine then. By that time i'll have enough money to go. I couldn't bear the thought of borrowing money from someone I never met.

Ok, I guess i'll turn up then, because i have the mental capacity to behave reasonably responsibly, believe it or not. Failing that...

'I'm out tonight, staying at a mates'.

I Would Either Crash at ANYONES house....If Push Came to Shove Like I got mugged...or stolen from meh pockets...or crash at hotel....then get train....but yeah if that happend i would call my mum

"Oh My Mate Came and Im Sleeping round his...aint got any money....LATER!"

Ok This is a Bit..........Unrealistic

Response to Beep Poop London Meet Iii 2008-06-22 13:29:54

At 6/22/08 12:43 PM, DannyIsOnFire wrote:
Nope. I'm guessing it's stricter than my hell hole of a town. Still, I'll have the ID to fall back on.

Err fake ID? I don't intend to get in trouble with the police if you're caught drinking underage with us.

[I've been wandering round but I still come back to you]

BBS Signature

Response to Beep Poop London Meet Iii 2008-06-22 13:31:56

At 6/22/08 01:22 PM, squidli wrote:
At 6/22/08 01:20 PM, BananaBreadMuffin wrote: lmao what the fuck? if i wanted beer i just put it on the shopping list and then paid my parents back later
Since when can Newts buy alcohol in Asda?

No, Sainsburys. They'll take all sorts.

BBS Signature

Response to Beep Poop London Meet Iii 2008-06-22 13:38:02

At 6/22/08 12:24 PM, Luis wrote: Anyway this msg is for everyone, do use your own best judgement, if you have hard ass parents who will beat you to a pulp, or know you cant afford to get back home (this may sound silly but in canada there was someone who showed up and i had to pay for his way home. grrrrrrr)

WHAT?!?
Who did you pay for?

Response to Beep Poop London Meet Iii 2008-06-22 13:44:17

At 6/22/08 01:20 PM, BananaBreadMuffin wrote:
At 6/22/08 12:32 PM, DannyIsOnFire wrote: Plus I have an ID. Only place I've ever used it is ASDA. Waste of money really...
lmao what the fuck? if i wanted beer i just put it on the shopping list and then paid my parents back later

I go to a lot of parties where it's BYOB. Meaning me and a few mates will go in on crates and head off. My parents would probably get sick of taking me to ASDA every week, sitting through the arguments of "Lager, Cider or Stout", paying, dropping us off, etc, etc. At the end of the day, it's easier for me to buy it myself. If I want cans for a night in on my lonesome, I'll nip to the corner shop and pick some up.

At 6/22/08 01:29 PM, Gagsy wrote: Err fake ID? I don't intend to get in trouble with the police if you're caught drinking underage with us.

I think that's highly unlikely. Plus I know I won't be the only one.
If worst comes to worst, claim you had no idea I was under eighteen. I mean let's face it, most of us are complete strangers to each other. If I hadn't told you, you'd be none the wiser.

BBS Signature

Response to Beep Poop London Meet Iii 2008-06-22 14:20:59

At 6/22/08 01:31 PM, BananaBreadMuffin wrote:
At 6/22/08 01:22 PM, squidli wrote:
At 6/22/08 01:20 PM, BananaBreadMuffin wrote: lmao what the fuck? if i wanted beer i just put it on the shopping list and then paid my parents back later
Since when can Newts buy alcohol in Asda?
No, Sainsburys. They'll take all sorts.

Ha, Sainsbury's is the only store that actually *does* ID me (only been able to buy alcohol for the past 9 years legally... no rush to catch on, mind). One classic example is when I tried to buy some wine with my credit card (which you have to be 18 to have), was asked for ID (which was in my car). Told her it was in the car (which you have to be at least 17 to drive, plus the credit card I had to be 18 to have), she made me go out and get it, holding up a queue of 4 behind me,all standing tutting. Came back in with my driving licence - had she held my order and carried on service? NO. She'd made the other customers wait with my order on her screen for me to come back. (What if I didn't come back? Would she be there all day?). She sat staring at my licence and you could just tell she was counting the years from 1981 upwards. She said "1981... *long pause* So that makes you 27" I replied, "Yes, that's right - well done." She just handed it back and took my payment. No apology, no joke about looking good for my age like the pubs normally, nothing. The customer behind me looked at me and rolled his eyes as if to say "What a fucking numpty".

Pubs in London are likely to be quite strict on ID and will likely only take the official Portman (Pass) ID's, passports or photo driving licences. Up to you guys if you want to risk it, but I'd advise anyone else in the group not to try and argue th other persons case if they clearly have false ID as it might land you in trouble too... :)

Part of Newgrounds furniture since 2000.Clicky, clicky.

BBS Signature

Response to Beep Poop London Meet Iii 2008-06-22 14:42:18

I prefer a 'we'lll deal with it when the time comes approach' The bulk of the meet has nothing to do with pubs anyway...

I think its too unpredictable to try and anticipate the pub situation anyway.
For the sake of comparison, the second time we had the meet, when it was my birthday there was no problems, we had one person that was 17 and it was a non issue. The first time we did the meet however, we had one person who wasnt allowed in, in which case we went to a different more seedy place outside of the touristy lest. square area and we had no issues.

Anyway, im not really condoning that people who know they cant get into pubs, try to agressively attempt to. I sure as hell will not be babysitting nor should anyone have to do babysit you. I'm on vacation as far as im concerned and so is everyone else. It shouldnt be our problem that in attempt to be cool you are 'that guy who cant hold his liquor'. There will be plenty of time to hang out, if you skip the whole pub part you really didnt miss a TON of activity.

If the group isnt too rowdy after a few drinks, we may walk back to my flat to get out of the crowded pub scene and continue conversating, maybe ill even offer some of the floor to anyone who needed a place to crash..... I'll evaluate that when the time comes though.

None

BBS Signature

Response to Beep Poop London Meet Iii 2008-06-22 14:43:11

At 6/22/08 02:20 PM, Cally wrote: Pubs in London are likely to be quite strict on ID and will likely only take the official Portman (Pass) ID's, passports or photo driving licences. Up to you guys if you want to risk it, but I'd advise anyone else in the group not to try and argue th other persons case if they clearly have false ID as it might land you in trouble too... :)

Well, if it ever happens, we just have to pretend, like it was said earlier in the topic, that we thought the guy getting carded was 18, or that he told us he was 18 and all. Seriously, the last thing I want is something like that ruining my trip :P

Response to Beep Poop London Meet Iii 2008-06-22 15:07:23

At 6/22/08 02:43 PM, AsthmaticHamster wrote:
At 6/22/08 02:20 PM, Cally wrote: Pubs in London are likely to be quite strict on ID and will likely only take the official Portman (Pass) ID's, passports or photo driving licences. Up to you guys if you want to risk it, but I'd advise anyone else in the group not to try and argue th other persons case if they clearly have false ID as it might land you in trouble too... :)
Well, if it ever happens, we just have to pretend, like it was said earlier in the topic, that we thought the guy getting carded was 18, or that he told us he was 18 and all. Seriously, the last thing I want is something like that ruining my trip :P

Yeah, was busy writing all that long spiel (trying to keep my spelling right throughout as my typing sucks today lol) and that one squeezed in before me ;)
Agreed.

Part of Newgrounds furniture since 2000.Clicky, clicky.

BBS Signature

Response to Beep Poop London Meet Iii 2008-06-22 15:48:22

At 6/22/08 02:42 PM, Luis wrote: I prefer a 'we'lll deal with it when the time comes approach'

Agreed. I can't see it being a problem anyway.
If I get there and there's twenty of you freaking out about drinking with someone who's legally underage, I'll just head to a different pub, chat with some strangers (it's what I'd be doing anyway if you think about it :P) and enjoy my night.

BBS Signature

Response to Beep Poop London Meet Iii 2008-06-22 16:11:11

At 6/22/08 02:20 PM, Cally wrote: One classic example is when I tried to buy some wine with my credit card

When I first turned 18, I walked into morrisons clutching my newly acquired provisional drivers license, picked up three bottles of magners, and walked to the checkout. When the person asked me for ID, I proudly handed over my prov. driv. lice, and the guy on the till stared at it for a bit. "Err", he shouted at someone staffing the next till along, who came over, stared at my ID, then jabbed the button under the desk to get the manager in. The manager comes along, stares at my ID, then goes and picks up a phone, and dials Morrisons Head Office, talks heatedly for a minute and a half, then comes back, apologises to me, and goes back to his manager things. Turns out that my license was one of the first new style 'digital' licenses that had ever been used in that Morrisons, but I hadn't known this, and I was just standing there like a gimp with a big queue behind me and a confusing look on my face as I tried to work out whether I was actually 18 or I'd got my birthday date wrong.

BBS Signature

Response to Beep Poop London Meet Iii 2008-06-22 16:21:19

At 4/13/08 09:35 AM, poxpower wrote: I'm considering it....

no one would want to see you anyways, you ugly ghoul

Response to Beep Poop London Meet Iii 2008-06-22 16:25:24

I was trying to imagine my parents reaction to; "Bye, crashing in someone's hotel room, be back in the morning."

In fact I'll go ask now....

"Hey mum how would you feel if i stayed at some hotel nearby?"

REACTION: *A long sigh, followed by closed eyes and the shaking of a head*

Ahwell.

Response to Beep Poop London Meet Iii 2008-06-22 16:25:59

At 6/22/08 04:11 PM, BananaBreadMuffin wrote:
At 6/22/08 02:20 PM, Cally wrote: One classic example is when I tried to buy some wine with my credit card
When I first turned 18, I walked into morrisons

Oh Morrisons, bottom of the major supermarket food chain.

"Ooh what is this magical electricity this boy has?"

I must say, however, i applaud your taste in drink.

Stop looking

Response to Beep Poop London Meet Iii 2008-06-22 16:26:10

At 6/22/08 04:18 PM, Mendou wrote:
At 6/19/08 06:24 PM, AsthmaticHamster wrote: It's so fun to actually meet new people.
That probably aren't too fond of me.

How can the people not be fond of you if they don't even know who you are?
If you actually show up with this kind of attitude, they're bound not to be though...

Response to Beep Poop London Meet Iii 2008-06-22 16:30:26

Oh also, your sig luis, can / shall i use that as mine, or for that matter, can anyone else who's going on the meet?

Or is it a kinda personal thing?

Response to Beep Poop London Meet Iii 2008-06-22 16:37:04

At 6/22/08 04:34 PM, Mendou wrote: I'd like to know which users are actually coming.

There's a list posted a few pages back I think.

BBS Signature

Response to Beep Poop London Meet Iii 2008-06-22 16:40:23

At 6/22/08 04:34 PM, Mendou wrote: I'd like to know which users are actually coming.

I think this is the most recent list, but I could be wrong. It's probably already out of date...

Definately attending (as far as i know)
Luis
AlmightyHans
Luka
Kirk-Cocaine
KaynSlamdyke
JPI
HappySheep
The-Swain
Shalashaska-1
mogly
chromeshark
bananabreadmuffin
Bezman
BritishMoose
AsthmaticHamster

likely to show up
FBIpolux
DannyIsOnFire
zoy
Krinn
The-Super-Flash-Bros
TheEXP
TimFrommeyer
Xenon
liljim
paranoia

Others that expressed interest

UnknownFury
citricsquid (lmao)
Cally
jonthompson
edvin
aloneinthedark
lucy

Response to Beep Poop London Meet Iii 2008-06-22 16:44:30

At 6/22/08 04:40 PM, AsthmaticHamster wrote:
I think this is the most recent list, but I could be wrong. It's probably already out of date...

Definately attending (as far as i know)
Luis
AlmightyHans
Luka
Kirk-Cocaine
KaynSlamdyke
JPI
HappySheep
The-Swain
Shalashaska-1
mogly
chromeshark
bananabreadmuffin
Bezman
BritishMoose
AsthmaticHamster
Fat-Barry

likely to show up
FBIpolux
DannyIsOnFire
zoy
Krinn
The-Super-Flash-Bros
TheEXP
TimFrommeyer
Xenon
liljim
paranoia

Others that expressed interest
UnknownFury
citricsquid (lmao)
Cally
jonthompson
edvin
aloneinthedark
lucy

Idea, quote and add your name if you fit into any of these categories, we should have more updated list in a bit. :D

Response to Beep Poop London Meet Iii 2008-06-22 16:45:05

At 6/22/08 04:40 PM, AsthmaticHamster wrote: I think this is the most recent list, but I could be wrong. It's probably already out of date...

it had errors and ommisions when it wasn't out of date ;P

Response to Beep Poop London Meet Iii 2008-06-22 16:51:55

At 6/22/08 04:45 PM, dELtaluca wrote:
At 6/22/08 04:40 PM, AsthmaticHamster wrote: I think this is the most recent list, but I could be wrong. It's probably already out of date...
it had errors and ommisions when it wasn't out of date ;P

Are you going Delta my man?

BBS Signature