Respond to this Topic
Ross
Ross
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Blank Slate
Danger, Will Robinson... 2001-06-29 04:04:01 Reply

It has come to our attention lately that someone is sending e-mail to NG users in which they masquerade as Tom and ask users to vote 5 on a certain Portal submission. So, for the record:

1) We will NEVER ask you for your Grounds Gold password. I know all of them, so why would I need to ask you for yours?

2) We will NEVER ask you to vote up a specific Portal submission. If we really wanted to bump up a piece of content, I would go directly into the database and alter the score. (NOTE: We have never done this.)

The last thing we want to see is people losing their Grounds Gold account when someone swindles them out of their password - so be careful out there.

Ross Snyder - PHP Juggler
If you find a problem on the website, send me a PM.

zoro
zoro
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 17
Blank Slate
Response to Danger, Will Robinson... 2001-06-29 04:33:18 Reply

I feel another assassin mission coming on here.

Danger, Will Robinson...

3D-French-Fry
3D-French-Fry
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Blank Slate
Response to Danger, Will Robinson... 2001-06-29 05:16:32 Reply

At 6/29/01 04:04 AM, Ross wrote: It has come to our attention lately that someone is sending e-mail to NG users in which they masquerade as Tom and ask users to vote 5 on a certain Portal submission. So, for the record:

1) We will NEVER ask you for your Grounds Gold password. I know all of them, so why would I need to ask you for yours?

2) We will NEVER ask you to vote up a specific Portal submission. If we really wanted to bump up a piece of content, I would go directly into the database and alter the score. (NOTE: We have never done this.)

The last thing we want to see is people losing their Grounds Gold account when someone swindles them out of their password - so be careful out there.

Whoo ... I know what that's like... my friend had a site with 10,000 users and I once sat at the computer and went through the server files... ever seen 10,000 cgi files with info in each? Whew, I tell you... I bet some rich losers would be willing to pay a couple grand just to get Adambomb or WadeFulp's password and view the secret stuff... I'm out. Peace.

milkmycow.com - Bringing you the stuff you've always been to sane to do.

b00B
b00B
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 12
Blank Slate
Response to Danger, Will Robinson... 2001-06-29 05:30:30 Reply

Yeah, I got that email several times, ive blocked the sender but they keep sending? What the fuck? Oh well, fuck them, they suck.

Shrapnel
Shrapnel
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 49
Blank Slate
Response to Danger, Will Robinson... 2001-06-29 05:32:20 Reply

Thanks for spreading the word Ross.

Has anybody else recieved suspicious e-mail?

I posted a small warning on the BBS here right before I notified the NG Staff.

Daedo-The-Mofo
Daedo-The-Mofo
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 15
Blank Slate
Response to Danger, Will Robinson... 2001-06-29 10:18:56 Reply

I think it's pretty stupid that people would believe an email like that, but hey, there are some pretty stupid people out there.

Steve84
Steve84
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 42
Gamer
Response to Danger, Will Robinson... 2001-06-29 10:21:38 Reply

ross i would never give out my auccount info and as for someone try to make me vote up on movies i have not had any odd emails thanks for your input ross have you told tom about this matter? find the person and ban him form the site

mahawa
mahawa
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 05
Blank Slate
Response to Danger, Will Robinson... 2001-06-29 11:46:03 Reply

This vote 5 thing is it an emailwhich the person is asking to goto vite5.homestead.com if it is I know your target. I goto the same school as him and I will call him off, if not then I will keep my eye open :). Please reply and tell me if it is that site the person is e-mailing!!!

::Westy2k1::

mrfixit
mrfixit
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Blank Slate
Response to Danger, Will Robinson... 2001-06-29 15:13:42 Reply

Sounds to me like we need to kick this idiot pussyfart into the dirt. Fuck with me, fuck you! I bet this loser doesn't even have a penis.

PoopMuffin
PoopMuffin
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 16
Blank Slate
Response to Danger, Will Robinson... 2001-06-29 16:12:10 Reply

At 6/29/01 04:04 AM, Ross wrote: It has come to our attention lately that someone is sending e-mail to NG users in which they masquerade as Tom and ask users to vote 5 on a certain Portal submission. So, for the record:

This actually sounds like it would be a pretty good idea. I'm not saying that what this user did was right, but it obviously took a lot of effort to do, and I think that as long as none of the people emailed vote 5's on the movie unless they honestly think its that good, it won't be a problem. Just let the guilty user have their fun with what they did. Note: I realize that posting this will probably cause a lot of people to assume that I am the person who did this email fraud thing, but rest assured that I could never possibly think of such a plan, and even if I could I wouldn't have the balls to do it.

Link-881
Link-881
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Blank Slate
Response to Danger, Will Robinson... 2001-06-29 17:28:01 Reply

Good God y they hell whould someone do that crazy shit!? o well track em down and send em some viruses is say!

cheepskaight
cheepskaight
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 10
Blank Slate
Response to Danger, Will Robinson... 2001-06-29 23:27:42 Reply

ouch....

Danger, Will Robinson...

TheNewAuk-defiant
TheNewAuk-defiant
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 17
Blank Slate
Response to Danger, Will Robinson... 2001-06-29 23:52:55 Reply

At 6/29/01 03:13 PM, mrfixit wrote: Sounds to me like we need to kick this idiot pussyfart into the dirt. Fuck with me, fuck you! I bet this loser doesn't even have a penis.

Yeah, it might be a girl...

Ptarmigan
Ptarmigan
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 10
Blank Slate
Response to Danger, Will Robinson... 2001-06-30 01:01:50 Reply

Why would someone do that? Someone is real desperate to be in the Top 50. That person has no life whatsofucking ever. Is the Flash movie that person is asking people to vote for 5's in the Portal? It could be someone who makes lots of shitty Flash movie and spams the Portal like crazy, like Strawberry_Clock. I did not get any e-mail about that yet. I hope not. I would be pissed!! What's the e-mail address of the person who sends it to Grounds Gold users? It might be someone in the BBS, who is hated by everyone.

m0rc
m0rc
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 18
Blank Slate
Response to Danger, Will Robinson... 2001-06-30 03:13:11 Reply

At 6/30/01 01:01 AM, NewYorkGuy wrote: Why would someone do that? Someone is real desperate to be in the Top 50. That person has no life whatsofucking ever. Is the Flash movie that person is asking people to vote for 5's in the Portal? It could be someone who makes lots of shitty Flash movie and spams the Portal like crazy, like Strawberry_Clock. I did not get any e-mail about that yet. I hope not. I would be pissed!! What's the e-mail address of the person who sends it to Grounds Gold users? It might be someone in the BBS, who is hated by everyone.

Wellif Someone is real desperate to be in the Top 50 maby they should work on there skills and make a real tight movie insted of this kinda bull shit. i cant stand that kinda stuff

Danger, Will Robinson...

Frank2982
Frank2982
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 33
Blank Slate
Response to Danger, Will Robinson... 2001-06-30 07:37:13 Reply

At 6/29/01 11:46 AM, Westy2k1 wrote: This vote 5 thing is it an emailwhich the person is asking to goto vite5.homestead.com if it is I know your target. I goto the same school as him and I will call him off, if not then I will keep my eye open :). Please reply and tell me if it is that site the person is e-mailing!!!

Westy2k1::

No you dumb fuck. vite5.homestead.com was not even mentioned. I can see how vote and vite can confuse you, you know with you being such a dumb ass and all. But you don't have to make yourself look like a dumb ass for every one. Unless you like people laughing at you.

Wolfstergang
Wolfstergang
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Blank Slate
Response to Danger, Will Robinson... 2001-06-30 07:55:56 Reply

Okay, I knew that and I'm one of the lucky ones. I didn't get asked so I'm lucky. But just don't give out your password to ANYONE people!

OmegaNeo
OmegaNeo
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 03
Blank Slate
Response to Danger, Will Robinson... 2001-06-30 13:43:07 Reply

hi, i havent been in here for a while..hi

Americana
Americana
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 12
Blank Slate
Response to Danger, Will Robinson... 2001-06-30 14:25:20 Reply

I have a cool idea to get the e-mailers account, if you have got an e-mail telling you to vote for a certain movie, just go and check out the maker of that movie, and they will be sending the mails telling you to vote.... It's that simple!

http://brokenmonkey.cjb.net

mahawa
mahawa
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 05
Blank Slate
Response to Danger, Will Robinson... 2001-06-30 16:34:10 Reply

At 6/30/01 07:37 AM, Frank2982 wrote:
At 6/29/01 11:46 AM, Westy2k1 wrote: This vote 5 thing is it an emailwhich the person is asking to goto vite5.homestead.com if it is I know your target. I goto the same school as him and I will call him off, if not then I will keep my eye open :). Please reply and tell me if it is that site the person is e-mailing!!!

Westy2k1::
No you dumb fuck. vite5.homestead.com was not even mentioned. I can see how vote and vite can confuse you, you know with you being such a dumb ass and all. But you don't have to make yourself look like a dumb ass for every one. Unless you like people laughing at you.

Your arse that was a fucking typo. I meant to say vote5.homstead.com if your blind. I didnt Get mix up at all - if thought the subject might of been VOTE5.homestead.com considering it was mentioning VOTE 5!!!

Danger, Will Robinson...

limbo05
limbo05
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 06
Blank Slate
Response to Danger, Will Robinson... 2001-06-30 18:12:55 Reply

Damn the Bitch-Made Muther Fucker. Probrably some kid asking for more votes cuz there movie sucks crap.

<deleted>
Response to Danger, Will Robinson... 2001-06-30 20:39:00 Reply

That movie was pretty good, and funny, although i don't like the way that he impersonated Tom..

FluffDaddy18
FluffDaddy18
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Blank Slate
Response to Danger, Will Robinson... 2001-06-30 22:15:26 Reply

well, you wanna know what i think? I think its funny how people who have a lot of posts on the NG BBS think they have more authority over the people with less like myself. And that they can cuss out whoever they want. And another thing that is funny is how people criticize your movies and they have no movies to criticize back, meaning they havent exactly created the godly movie themselves. Yep, this is off topic, but lets get on topic. That email thing.. is not brilliant, and is not some newbie who has shitty movie. ANYONE could have emailed people asking to vote for his movie and ask for passwords.. ANYONE.. They do not want to be in the top 50, they just want to be recognized, it could be XIAOXIAO#3 even. So all of you acting like detectives when you havent even GOT the email, stop acting all cool, cause you wont find the 'vandal'. If your thinking im the person, your wrong.

BurritoClock
BurritoClock
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 16
Blank Slate
Response to Danger, Will Robinson... 2001-07-01 04:15:45 Reply

<deleted>
Response to Danger, Will Robinson... 2001-07-01 12:01:43 Reply

I'm pretty sure I got an a E-mail from that Tom Fulp impersonating... person, he said my grounds account was deleted because I said some stuff "sucked ass" and some people were "mother fuckers", but if Tom would delete my account for something like he'd have to be a complete hypocrite... it's just some dumbfuck who thinks he's smooth, reading the reviews off my NG profile and trying to steal my password. So, Fuck you impersonating person.

PoopMuffin
PoopMuffin
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 16
Blank Slate
Response to Danger, Will Robinson... 2001-07-01 17:33:03 Reply

At 6/30/01 03:13 AM, Pungee wrote:
At 6/30/01 01:01 AM, NewYorkGuy wrote: Why would someone do that? Someone is real desperate to be in the Top 50. That person has no life whatsofucking ever. Is the Flash movie that person is asking people to vote for 5's in the Portal? It could be someone who makes lots of shitty Flash movie and spams the Portal like crazy, like Strawberry_Clock. I did not get any e-mail about that yet. I hope not. I would be pissed!! What's the e-mail address of the person who sends it to Grounds Gold users? It might be someone in the BBS, who is hated by everyone.
Wellif Someone is real desperate to be in the Top 50 maby they should work on there skills and make a real tight movie insted of this kinda bull shit. i cant stand that kinda stuff

Hey, don't steal my pictures! That was MY funny pic I found on the 'net! Yeah, Pungee, I mean you! I know you got it from me because the only other version on the web is in a less compressed format, and I personally modified it myself to use on the BBS! So fark you! (Typo on purpose, so I didn't swear. =) Oh, and for all you STUPID people who failed to notice, the author only mailed the Top 10 users. Thats why all you pathetic weaklings with all your 210 points and all didn't get an email. Duh! You think he'd care whatsoever if some baby like you voted? NO! He just wants the big NG "players" to vote. (Never actually used that term to describe anybody except a stupid person before...) So stop filling the BBS with your stupidity and SHADDUP!

Danger, Will Robinson...

Lightwave
Lightwave
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 03
Blank Slate
Response to Danger, Will Robinson... 2001-07-01 22:47:26 Reply

Hey, If you guys get this dude's e-mail or ICQ number tell me about it. He'll regret it.

Danger, Will Robinson...

The-Reveiwer
The-Reveiwer
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 05
Blank Slate
Response to Danger, Will Robinson... 2001-07-02 04:24:13 Reply

Whovers doing that better f'kin' stop! I'd never be stupid enough to give off that kind of info anyway, but for the idiots who might...I'd happily beat the shit out of the ass who's doin' it! Ciao...

Danger, Will Robinson...

ArmedMonkey
ArmedMonkey
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 19
Blank Slate
Response to Danger, Will Robinson... 2001-07-02 15:19:00 Reply

ehehe.. people who do that are losers, and thats that.

click here

xSpectrez
xSpectrez
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 05
Blank Slate
Response to Danger, Will Robinson... 2001-07-02 18:12:22 Reply

Whenever i make a vote, no matter my power, it always seems to have a nihl effect. Is there something wrong with my account? i dunno much bout it but i only noticed it recently so i dunno much more than that. If there is a solution, please inform me....thnks