Be a Supporter!
BlueFlameSkulls
BlueFlameSkulls
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 28
Blank Slate
Gta Social Club Mar. 31st, 2008 @ 03:15 AM Reply

No this isn't a C&C topic in the wrong forum.

I'm sure some of you may know of Rockstar's "Social Club", at the moment it's just a site that says "coming soon". It is basically a site that will track your game. The best example I can compare it to is Halo 3 which has a site that records your ranks, kills etc. APRIL 15TH EMPHASIS.

This however does the following:

LCPD Police Blotter
A virtual map and tracker of single-player criminal activity logged in Liberty City from the aggregated data of millions of connected players - showing the most dangerous areas of town, most commonly used weapons and more.

The Story Gang
This special single-player leaderboard recognizes players who complete Niko Bellic's main story arc of Grand Theft Auto IV - The leaderboard ranks players according to the total amount of playing time it's taken to complete the story, as well as a historical rank by who has completed it first. Members of this club will receive special online widgets and merit badges marking all of their in-game accomplishments.

The 100% Club
Watch to see who will be the first to complete 100% of the game. The first ten people to be identified on the Social Club as reaching 100% will be sent an ultra-rare commemorative 'key to the city' to mark their accomplishment. In the future, the 100% Club will then carry a historical leaderboard showing rankings of who has completed 100% of a game in the shortest span of playing hours.

The Hall of Fame
This area will dynamically recognize those singularly elite players who have reached the top of the hill on various statistical leaderboards, and will also contain a personal awards display of special in-game landmarks and successes in Social Club competitions.

The Liberty City Marathon
A ranking of special physical milestones achieved in the game - from the amount of miles walked, driven, or swam - to the number of bullets fired and stunt-jumps jumped. There will be additional special marathon-based competitions in the future from this area as well.

You can register at the site on APRIL 15TH, half a month away from release.

http://rockstargames.com/socialclub/

So let us discuss the wonderful things about this.

I could of posted it then but the abundance of OMG GTA SOCIAL CLUB topics would appear on the day.
<deleted>
Response to Gta Social Club Mar. 31st, 2008 @ 03:19 AM Reply

Good idea. Sounds like fun, BUT will I require a Gold XBox Live membership or will the free one do?

BlueFlameSkulls
BlueFlameSkulls
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 28
Blank Slate
Response to Gta Social Club Mar. 31st, 2008 @ 03:22 AM Reply

At 3/31/08 03:19 AM, Darkside7000 wrote: Good idea. Sounds like fun, BUT will I require a Gold XBox Live membership or will the free one do?

It's on both consoles, so I assume you won't need a gold account as PSN is free.

That wouldn't be fair for the Xbox 360 crowd if the PS3 folk can get it for free.

SapphireLight
SapphireLight
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 19
Artist
Response to Gta Social Club Mar. 31st, 2008 @ 04:38 AM Reply

You're right, it wouldn't be. But he'll need a gold account anyway. Seriously, you need a gold account if you want to do anything outside of using the marketplace.

BBS Signature
weirdphil
weirdphil
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 16
Gamer
Response to Gta Social Club Mar. 31st, 2008 @ 04:44 AM Reply

At 3/31/08 04:38 AM, SapphireLight wrote: You're right, it wouldn't be. But he'll need a gold account anyway. Seriously, you need a gold account if you want to do anything outside of using the marketplace.

Final Fantasy 11 didn't require a gold account. Works exactly the same with silver. I guess that's the only exception.

Matt475
Matt475
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 22
Blank Slate
Response to Gta Social Club Mar. 31st, 2008 @ 06:38 AM Reply

That actually sounds really deadly man...Makes me all the more excited for GTA IV to come out.

BlueFlameSkulls
BlueFlameSkulls
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 28
Blank Slate
Response to Gta Social Club Mar. 31st, 2008 @ 06:42 AM Reply

At 3/31/08 04:38 AM, SapphireLight wrote: You're right, it wouldn't be. But he'll need a gold account anyway. Seriously, you need a gold account if you want to do anything outside of using the marketplace.

Most of the Social Club features are for single player. I would think it would be silver, chances are you are correct that it will be gold accounts only.

The last time I checked everything on Xbox live costs money, even themes.

The way this site works is you register there, probably put your gamertag (or PSN) on there making it available for silver members.

Black-Flame
Black-Flame
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 45
Blank Slate
Response to Gta Social Club Mar. 31st, 2008 @ 09:50 AM Reply

It's just a shame that I won't be able to get any higher than roughly 1,000,000 people on any leaderboard. There'll be close to 10,000,000 people playing.

Come on, average user!

Gamertag: BlackFlameNG Xbox 360 Club
Gamerscore: 25,275- last updated 23/February/09
Steam ID: BlackFlameNG

BBS Signature
BlueFlameSkulls
BlueFlameSkulls
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 28
Blank Slate
Response to Gta Social Club Apr. 15th, 2008 @ 09:59 AM Reply

It turns out the social club is not today but this Thursday.

I can't wait.

Gta Social Club

Elraptor
Elraptor
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Blank Slate
Response to Gta Social Club Apr. 15th, 2008 @ 10:23 AM Reply

Game is going to so great

BlueFlameSkulls
BlueFlameSkulls
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 28
Blank Slate
Response to Gta Social Club Apr. 15th, 2008 @ 12:55 PM Reply

At 4/15/08 10:23 AM, Elraptor wrote: Game is going to so great

13 days seems so long away.

I was hoping the social club registration would be for today but it's not until the 17th. Two long days then a long week and a bit until release.

BlueFlameSkulls
BlueFlameSkulls
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 28
Blank Slate
Response to Gta Social Club Apr. 17th, 2008 @ 07:20 AM Reply

Pre registration starts today, but the site hasn't updated yet. Keep watching that site.

BlueFlameSkulls
BlueFlameSkulls
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 28
Blank Slate
Response to Gta Social Club Apr. 17th, 2008 @ 06:40 PM Reply

https://socialclub.rockstargames.com/

The social club is now open but you can't do much yet other than sign up

BlueFlameSkulls
BlueFlameSkulls
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 28
Blank Slate
Response to Gta Social Club Apr. 29th, 2008 @ 09:26 AM Reply

The features in the first post are now on the website.

BlueFlameSkulls
BlueFlameSkulls
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 28
Blank Slate
Response to Gta Social Club May. 28th, 2008 @ 02:12 AM Reply

The multiplayer stats are now online