00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

wilwz just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

The Audio Report- Artist Interveiws

2,742 Views | 34 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

For a while now ive been thinking about setting up fortnightly Artist interveiws with music artists from the audio portal. Sorta like what Luis does with flash artists.

2 questions
1) Is this already being done?

2) Are YOU interested in being interveiwed or helping out in any way. If people like the idea, after a few intervews ill set up a website and have information on other music news as well as the interveiws.

.: The Audio Report :. - Artist interviews, songs, competitions and more.

The Audio Report official thread!

View the latest issue!

BBS Signature

Response to The Audio Report- Artist Interveiws 2008-03-29 18:23:24

At 3/29/08 05:34 PM, Firebalt wrote: 2 questions

naa

2) Are YOU interested in being interveiwed or helping out in any way.

Yes, and that's the answer to both of the questions.

Sounds like a great idea, pleez do it.

Response to The Audio Report- Artist Interveiws 2008-03-29 18:40:27

At 3/29/08 05:34 PM, Firebalt wrote: For a while now ive been thinking about setting up fortnightly Artist interveiws with music artists from the audio portal. Sorta like what Luis does with flash artists.

2 questions

2) Are YOU interested in being interveiwed or helping out in any way. If people like the idea, after a few intervews ill set up a website and have information on other music news as well as the interveiws.

Brilliant idea. Where would the interviews be posted? There's that NG podcast site.. perhaps we could make that the official "NG Audio" fansite?

Also, i'd be willing to contribute.

Response to The Audio Report- Artist Interveiws 2008-03-29 21:32:47

Thanks guys, ill keep in contact with you guys via PM when i get it started.

Basically, every fortnight i would publish an Interveiw to the front page. Also, stuff like 5 good songs that have gone under the radar. Maybe information on free software and VST's for artists. Stuff like that.
And anything else you guys think should be included.

If it works, then there could be a PB wiki page or something with a record of all the interveiws and stuff.
But ill put together a draft plan of the first issue, and contact you guys for help.

View the latest issue!

BBS Signature

Response to The Audio Report- Artist Interveiws 2008-03-29 21:37:06

Sounds like a great idea! Count me in :)

BBS Signature

Response to The Audio Report- Artist Interveiws 2008-03-29 21:43:03

I want in. It'd be no good interviewing me, I have no audio up.. yet. And I'm hoping for a(nother) name change.
I'm not sure what I can help out with, but, I need something to fill some time and this sounds really interesting.

Is it like, you'd be interviewing the artists of the weekly top 5 or something like that?

Response to The Audio Report- Artist Interveiws 2008-03-29 21:58:02

Excellent idea! This will help promote the AP! I will help out if need be, and I'm sure many others will want to help too!

Response to The Audio Report- Artist Interveiws 2008-03-30 01:23:22

Sounds like a great idea. Don't bother interviewing me though. My tracks still sound n00bish.

|| Audio || Art ||

BBS Signature

Response to The Audio Report- Artist Interveiws 2008-03-30 01:37:29

I would be interested, and this is a good idea.

Don't know if I'll be a candidate for an interview, seeing as I'm not heaps popular :(

Book of Anima 22:32 " Do not profane my awesome name. I must be acknowledged as awesome by the Newgrounders. I am the LORD of music, who makes you awesome."

BBS Signature

Response to The Audio Report- Artist Interveiws 2008-03-30 04:18:50

At 3/29/08 05:34 PM, Firebalt wrote: 1) Is this already being done?

Maybe, but if it is, it's not being done too well because I haven't seen any sign of it. So please do it.

I would most definitely like to help out. I can help you to publicize this stuff but also help to get you all that extraneous information you were talking about to go alongside the artist interviews. I can help you make it good.

Secondly - if you want a very interesting, opinionated and perhaps ridiculous interview (translation: an ENTERTAINING interview), then please, just let me know when you have your questions ready. Ask me anything, ESPECIALLY the questions you'd think I don't want to answer.

Good luck on this, of course luck has nothing to do with it, but you see, I'm already providing assistance with moral support :D

Response to The Audio Report- Artist Interveiws 2008-03-30 06:37:47

Thank you all for your support.
Ive picked my first interviewee. So in 2 weeks the first Audio Report will be released.

So how can you help?
1) Over the next two weeks i need to have a list of songs that have flown under the radar (awesome songs without any exposure such as front page)
Ill be picking 5 from that to include in the Audio Report, So PM me any new songs that have been released from the 20th of March onwards that you think deserve some exposure

2) Im pretty sure i want an image banner to put up to make it seem more like a magazine. So if anyone has any image skills can you PM me some links to examples of your stuff. Id like something proffesional looking, but i dont want to be wasting anyones time.

3) Advertising on the day. If its ok, ill keep in touch with everyone that has showed some interest so that i can get some responses for the first issue, and some word of mouth. For this to succeed ill need people to look at the actual product when it comes out.

4) If anyone has any music news, or knows of any good free software or tools that music artists on newgrounds might be interested in, then please PM me.

I will put a list with links, on the audio report post, to the user pages of the people that help out.

Thankyou for all your support.

View the latest issue!

BBS Signature

Response to The Audio Report- Artist Interveiws 2008-03-31 03:32:47

P.S The image would need to be 450 by 90
The image would need to incorporate a musical theme somehow and say "The Audio Report"

View the latest issue!

BBS Signature

Response to The Audio Report- Artist Interveiws 2008-03-31 09:47:28

I'd want to be interviewed, but I'm not sure if I'm good enough. I'm not well known for audio, even though I have a few high scoring ones on NG.

BBS Signature

Response to The Audio Report- Artist Interveiws 2008-03-31 09:49:39

At 3/31/08 09:33 AM, Chronamut wrote: um, not ot be a downer or anything - but shouldnt the interviewer be one of the ngs staff?

How does that change things? I think it'd be fine if it were controlled by a normal user, such as with the NG-podcast. I doubt the staff would want to spend time on this sort of thing when we've got enough interest to do it ourselves.
And by "ourselves" I mean that I'm interested to help/be interviewed (if I'm interesting enough to warrant an interview).

READ: "A Fear of Great Heights" and other forthcoming adventures right HERE

Signature Picture by: Spartan204

BBS Signature

Response to The Audio Report- Artist Interveiws 2008-03-31 09:53:52

this is a cool thing that not have been done properly. I think this have been briefly discussed previously, if im not mistaken G9 did some interviews with his podcasts way back? i can't remember, really...
i have a pretty exclusive interview that never got posted on here, it had a different purpose than just being an interview on the forum, but it never happened... So, if you're making something out of this I can participate with that interview (i need to get some time to put it together though, when school is up in june that is...)

At 3/31/08 09:33 AM, Chronamut wrote: um, not ot be a downer or anything - but shouldnt the interviewer be one of the ngs staff?

why would it have to be an NG staff member?

Wakka wakka

Response to The Audio Report- Artist Interveiws 2008-03-31 11:15:15

Yeah, but this would be something similar to that, but be a fan-based endeavor entirely.
I mean seriously, when is the last time you saw an audio interview in the NG mag?..

Never, because it hasn't been done.

I'd be up for helping out, and wouldn't mind being interviewed at some point either.

At 1/16/12 03:08 AM, Xyresic wrote: EchozAurora: The SEXY Audio Mod. (2019 edit lol not anymoar)

Check out soundcloud.com/echozaurora for more recent songs and DJ mixes!

BBS Signature

Response to The Audio Report- Artist Interveiws 2008-03-31 14:57:10

WE SHOULD HAVE ANOTHER THEME SONG CONTEST :D

And yeah, I'm up for interviews and stuff.

____________________________Bel-Air remixes! You must listen!____________________________

BBS Signature

Response to The Audio Report- Artist Interveiws 2008-03-31 15:55:39

yay interviews plz

At 3/27/11 10:22 PM, sugarsimon wrote:

the brilliant songs who create a production for music

Wat

Response to The Audio Report- Artist Interveiws 2008-03-31 16:32:03

im in- but im sure everyone onsite is in too, so good luck with that :)

please spamwangle responsibly.

here

BBS Signature

Response to The Audio Report- Artist Interveiws 2008-03-31 23:17:13

I'm in! yay for audio acknowledgment

BBS Signature

Response to The Audio Report- Artist Interveiws 2008-04-01 00:45:00

This sounds awesome!

I dont know if this is un-modest of me, but I would be happy to give an interview. I only been on top 5 three times b4, so it would probably be better to talk to MaestroRage or PX9 r something...

My Music | Me | F-777 | Kr1z | Audio Portal | For teh lulz ^^

BBS Signature

Response to The Audio Report- Artist Interveiws 2008-04-01 00:57:54

w00t! sounds like a great idea, I'd love to help in anyway i can.

I AM RAPPER ALYX I AM G EAZY I AM Z RO I AM THE KING OF THE GHETTO

ASK HOW

Response to The Audio Report- Artist Interveiws 2008-04-01 01:59:47

w00t! sounds like a great idea, I'd love to help in anyway i can.

Thanks, and again im really pleased with the support.

If you guys find songs in the next two weeks that have gone under the radar that are really good, please PM me. Otherwise it will be just up to me, and that will be no fun ;)

Also with interveiws, a lot of you have expressed that you want to but you dont think your popular enough. I may set guideline of who to interview in the future. But at the moment, as long as your active then id like to get round to as many people as possible, Popular or not. Because im sure theres a lot of great artists who have never been noticed on newgrounds and some who have talent and could use the exposure.

As for images, if i dont get any PM's in the next few days ill post around on the art forum. I would like a banner 450 wide by 90 high (pixels) That has something to do with music, and says the Audio Report. Thats why id like people to send me examples of their work so that no one goes and makes one and say no to it :(

Also once the first issue is out, should i make a new thread? Should i make a new thread for each issue, or just one official Audio report thread?

Once again, thanks for all your support

View the latest issue!

BBS Signature

Response to The Audio Report- Artist Interveiws 2008-04-01 02:14:00

can we nominate ourselves?

BBS Signature

Response to The Audio Report- Artist Interveiws 2008-04-01 02:42:18

So as long as we're active in the portal we can be interviewed? Sounds cool, I might be interested in being interviewed. Though like everyone else, I don't feel I don't have the popularity that sets me apart to be interviewed.

Though if you want, I am interested.

Response to The Audio Report- Artist Interveiws 2008-04-01 03:36:46

:can we nominate ourselves?

For one of the 5 under the radar songs? You can nominate a song of your own, but it better be good :)

:like everyone else, I don't feel I don't have the popularity that sets me apart to be interviewed.

Yeh, well im hoping that eventually ill get around to interveiwing everyone that wants too, and ive made a record of the people that have expressed a wish to be interveiwed.

View the latest issue!

BBS Signature

Response to The Audio Report- Artist Interveiws 2008-04-01 03:46:35

That's cool.
I think you could find a few "under the radar" songs from the underdog list (underdoglist.newgrounds.com), but the focus there is on artists and not songs, and they're not concerned with the latest songs...

READ: "A Fear of Great Heights" and other forthcoming adventures right HERE

Signature Picture by: Spartan204

BBS Signature

Response to The Audio Report- Artist Interveiws 2008-04-01 14:51:18

I'm interested, so yeah.. Whenever you have a chance I'm open for an interview. :)

Response to The Audio Report- Artist Interveiws 2008-04-02 16:32:36

Remember everyone to keep PMing me those songs you think deserve a little more exposure.

Ill checkaround the art thread for a banner, and were alsmost ready to roll, just gotta finish the interveiw.

View the latest issue!

BBS Signature

Response to The Audio Report- Artist Interveiws 2008-04-02 19:12:21

At 4/2/08 04:38 PM, GoreBastard wrote: This sounds like a good way for the AP to get alot more exposure,
Good idea indeed, count me in!

Yes, i also like the sound of this, whoevers doing this, throw me on the list as well :P

»» HouseMasta «« PM

HOUSEMASTER: "OHH FUK!!! TEH COMMUNITY CHEZZT FORCLOZD ON MA BEEEEEEF JEERRRKKEEE!!! j0 GOZ 2 JAYL!!!"

BBS Signature