New Topic Respond to this Topic
Gendo
Gendo
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 08
Blank Slate
Response to New Zero Punctuation. Jun. 18th, 2008 @ 04:15 PM Reply

At 6/18/08 04:09 PM, H-A-X-O-R-Z wrote: Yahtzee is awesome, can't wait for him to make Ninja Gaiden 2 review (which, considering it has been out longer, I see a better chance of it happening than the over-hype that is MGS 4, I remember a time when no-one had heard of MGS)

OH YEAH LIKE A WEEK IN THE DIFFERENCE MAN HUGE GAP

And I'm really fucking sick of stupid knobs spitting this "overhyped" shite about MGS4.

iMini
iMini
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 17
Movie Buff
Response to New Zero Punctuation. Jun. 18th, 2008 @ 04:27 PM Reply

OH YEAH LIKE A WEEK IN THE DIFFERENCE MAN HUGE GAP

And I'm really fucking sick of stupid knobs spitting this "overhyped" shite about MGS4.

Fuck you on the first comment
Fuck you again on the second comment

Yes, a week does make a difference. Also, no need to go balistic over it over a game that genuinly deserves a review.

I never said MGS 4 was a bad game, hell I just bought MGS 2 yesterday, I think it's a great series, I used to watch all the trailers for MGS 4, but in these coming weeks wannabe fan-boys (which clearly you are one of) started overhyping the shit out of this game.

I'll be the first to admit I'm a fanboy and I seriously considered getting a PS3 just for MGS 4, okay, it's dickheads, who have there heads so far up their arse who sniff there god damn farts allday like you, which piss me off.

You sir, need to get yourself a mother fucking life, this game was fucking overhyped, it fucking was, go fuck yourself.

Remember GTA IV? At release of the game "OMFG THIS IS THE SHIT! GAME OF THE YEAR!" a couple of weeks pass "GTA IV is so overhyped"

Face it, MGS 4 is overhyped you fucking douchebag cunt of a poor excuse of a fan-boy.

illicit makes a damn good signature.

BBS Signature
Gendo
Gendo
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 08
Blank Slate
Response to New Zero Punctuation. Jun. 18th, 2008 @ 04:49 PM Reply

At 6/18/08 04:27 PM, H-A-X-O-R-Z wrote: Face it, MGS 4 is overhyped you fucking douchebag cunt of a poor excuse of a fan-boy.

At least I'm not screaming and crying at someone I don't know because they contradicted my opinion.

You're the one who needs some maturity.

AshfordPride
AshfordPride
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 28
Blank Slate
Response to New Zero Punctuation. Jun. 18th, 2008 @ 05:05 PM Reply

At 6/18/08 04:27 PM, H-A-X-O-R-Z wrote: Huuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu uuuuuuuuuur.

Wow. Did you just post that?

BBS Signature
Deadly-Shadow
Deadly-Shadow
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 41
Audiophile
Response to New Zero Punctuation. Jun. 24th, 2008 @ 11:33 PM Reply

I saw a preview of tommorow's Zero Punctuation today, it's going to be a review of Metal Gear Solid 4.

BBS Signature
Cericon
Cericon
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 22
Blank Slate
Response to New Zero Punctuation. Jun. 24th, 2008 @ 11:35 PM Reply

God. I haven't seen a Yahtzee review since the Brawl review. It wasn't a review, it was rant about how much he hates Nintendo. What a fag.

BBS Signature
aquaticmole
aquaticmole
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 29
Melancholy
Response to New Zero Punctuation. Jun. 24th, 2008 @ 11:53 PM Reply

am I the only one who thinks that Yahtzee comes of as an asshole? I still him watch him though because he's funny and gives a good review, but still...

aquaticmole.

BBS Signature
narf
narf
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 22
Blank Slate
Response to New Zero Punctuation. Jun. 25th, 2008 @ 12:02 AM Reply

At 6/24/08 11:53 PM, aquaticmole wrote: am I the only one who thinks that Yahtzee comes of as an asshole? I still him watch him though because he's funny and gives a good review, but still...

hes baised but he points out the things that most reviews get paid to overlook, no matter the game. I wish he reviewed some more of the online play :(

BlueFlameSkulls
BlueFlameSkulls
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 28
Blank Slate
Response to New Zero Punctuation. Jun. 25th, 2008 @ 11:59 AM Reply

New ZP any minute now, it's apparently going to be MGS4.

Shitstorm?

AshfordPride
AshfordPride
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 28
Blank Slate
Response to New Zero Punctuation. Jun. 25th, 2008 @ 12:03 PM Reply

At 6/25/08 11:59 AM, BlueFlameSkulls wrote: New ZP any minute now, it's apparently going to be MGS4.

Shitstorm?

Unless he says it's the best game ever...

And if he says that the cinematics are too long. Hoooo boy. "ITS ART RAGGLE FRAGGLE"

New Zero Punctuation.

BBS Signature
BlueFlameSkulls
BlueFlameSkulls
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 28
Blank Slate
Response to New Zero Punctuation. Jun. 25th, 2008 @ 12:07 PM Reply

At 6/25/08 12:03 PM, AshfordPride wrote: Unless he says it's the best game ever...

No it's a shitstorm either way. The difference is the the console fans.

If he says it's bad, there will a fuckload of "HURRRR DURRR YATZEE SUCKS COS HE INSULTED MAH FAV GAME".

I for one would like to see him tear into it, this is coming from a huge MGS fan.

BlueFlameSkulls
BlueFlameSkulls
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 28
Blank Slate
AshfordPride
AshfordPride
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 28
Blank Slate
Response to New Zero Punctuation. Jun. 25th, 2008 @ 12:12 PM Reply

Well, here it is. Metal Gear Solid 4.

BBS Signature
BlueFlameSkulls
BlueFlameSkulls
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 28
Blank Slate
Response to New Zero Punctuation. Jun. 25th, 2008 @ 12:18 PM Reply

At 6/25/08 12:12 PM, AshfordPride wrote: Well, here it is. Metal Gear Solid 4.

I won.

/v/ has gone hysterical. I enjoyed this one.

AshfordPride
AshfordPride
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 28
Blank Slate
Response to New Zero Punctuation. Jun. 25th, 2008 @ 12:19 PM Reply

For someone so concerned with the gameplay to cutscene ratio, he certainly doesn't care about the review to ad ratio. I was excited when I saw the seven something minutes, but then we had three minutes of review, a minute of intro, and another three of ads. I thought he was going to do one of those things where he dubs over a game, in this case Ninja Gaiden, but it was just an ad... And then an ad for some weird website... Or movie...

BBS Signature
AshfordPride
AshfordPride
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 28
Blank Slate
Response to New Zero Punctuation. Jun. 25th, 2008 @ 12:20 PM Reply

At 6/25/08 12:18 PM, BlueFlameSkulls wrote: I won.

No. SHUT UP.

FUCK YOU.

BBS Signature
Deadly-Shadow
Deadly-Shadow
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 41
Audiophile
Response to New Zero Punctuation. Jun. 25th, 2008 @ 12:28 PM Reply

Todays review was pretty funny, it's definatly going to piss off a lot of people. Does anyone else think that next weeks video will be another hate mail responce, similar to the one he made for Brawl?

Also, what does everyone think of the Zero Punctuation t-shirts?

BBS Signature
SniperWolf1564
SniperWolf1564
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 27
Gamer
Response to New Zero Punctuation. Jun. 25th, 2008 @ 02:07 PM Reply

At 6/25/08 12:19 PM, AshfordPride wrote: For someone so concerned with the gameplay to cutscene ratio, he certainly doesn't care about the review to ad ratio.

He is not the one adding the adverts onto the video. I believe that The Escapist is the one responsible for doing it, since the ads rotate, and has been applied to his older videos, and every other video submitted to the site.

On the other hand, quite frankly, I really have not used much of anything else when it comes to equipment in the MGS series, besides the tranquilizer. Hell, when I was watching a couple of my friends play, they only used the tranquilizer to sneak around.

Want to play something or just chat? Click here. For all the daily shit that happens in my life, click here.
Achievement Whore Status: 47th place as of 05/18/09

BBS Signature
Dr-Worm
Dr-Worm
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 08
Movie Buff
Response to New Zero Punctuation. Jun. 25th, 2008 @ 02:55 PM Reply

And Yahtzee continues to wonderfully expand my vocabulary. "Lady-spunk." Brilliant...and disgusting.

NG Cinema Club Movie of the Week: Genius Party (various, 2007, Japan) | Letterboxd | Last.fm

BBS Signature
talkingtoast
talkingtoast
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Blank Slate
Response to New Zero Punctuation. Jun. 25th, 2008 @ 03:22 PM Reply

At 6/25/08 12:28 PM, Deadly-Shadow wrote: Todays review was pretty funny, it's definatly going to piss off a lot of people. Does anyone else think that next weeks video will be another hate mail responce, similar to the one he made for Brawl?

Also, what does everyone think of the Zero Punctuation t-shirts?

You have a point. I guarrentee that so many Metal Gear Solid fans will be freaking out at Yahtzee for insulting such a popular series. It seems like he has a nack at putting down games that is generally loved by everyone else.

BBS Signature
Deadly-Shadow
Deadly-Shadow
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 41
Audiophile
Response to New Zero Punctuation. Jul. 1st, 2008 @ 10:57 PM Reply

For anyone who is curious, this weeks video will be a rant about web comics. I saw a preview of it on TV, what I saw was pretty funny.

BBS Signature
Pick-Axe
Pick-Axe
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Blank Slate
Response to New Zero Punctuation. Jul. 1st, 2008 @ 11:02 PM Reply

At 7/1/08 10:57 PM, Deadly-Shadow wrote: For anyone who is curious, this weeks video will be a rant about web comics. I saw a preview of it on TV, what I saw was pretty funny.

Wow, he's gonna have some great material for that, then.
I assume he's going to point out that 73% of them are about video games.

http://www.newgrounds.com/bbs/forum /1: The cesspool of the internet.

BBS Signature
Deadly-Shadow
Deadly-Shadow
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 41
Audiophile
Response to New Zero Punctuation. Jul. 1st, 2008 @ 11:05 PM Reply

At 7/1/08 11:02 PM, Pick-Axe wrote: I assume he's going to point out that 73% of them are about video games.

Actually, the review is only on web comics. He makes fun of the fact that all you have to do is relate games to real life in order to make "humour". He also makes fun of CAD for the miscaridge comic.

BBS Signature
Deadly-Shadow
Deadly-Shadow
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 41
Audiophile
Response to New Zero Punctuation. Jul. 1st, 2008 @ 11:06 PM Reply

At 7/1/08 11:05 PM, Deadly-Shadow wrote: Actually, the review is only on web comics.

Damnit, I ment to say GAME comics, not web comics.

I hate it when I make repeted mistakes...

BBS Signature
VhsTapeclock
VhsTapeclock
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 06
Audiophile
Response to New Zero Punctuation. Jul. 1st, 2008 @ 11:25 PM Reply

Now WHAT the fuck did he just say?

SniperWolf1564
SniperWolf1564
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 27
Gamer
Response to New Zero Punctuation. Jul. 2nd, 2008 @ 12:19 AM Reply

At 7/1/08 11:05 PM, Deadly-Shadow wrote:
At 7/1/08 11:02 PM, Pick-Axe wrote: I assume he's going to point out that 73% of them are about video games.
Actually, the review is only on web comics. He makes fun of the fact that all you have to do is relate games to real life in order to make "humour". He also makes fun of CAD for the miscaridge comic.

CAD's forums is going to be on a massive lockdown when Buckley sees this. When his beloved comic is made fun of (for plagiarism, copypasta, etc.,) people point it out on his forums, and a mass banning starts.

Want to play something or just chat? Click here. For all the daily shit that happens in my life, click here.
Achievement Whore Status: 47th place as of 05/18/09

BBS Signature
aquaticmole
aquaticmole
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 29
Melancholy
Response to New Zero Punctuation. Jul. 2nd, 2008 @ 12:33 AM Reply

CAD is a horrible web comic I'm surprised at how so many people even enjoy it, I can't wait to see Yahtzee ramble on horribly about a stupid comic.

aquaticmole.

BBS Signature
mushroomn
mushroomn
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 14
Programmer
Response to New Zero Punctuation. Jul. 2nd, 2008 @ 12:44 AM Reply

I like yahtzee but sometimes his opinions on games don't seem logical. He complained about Oblivion which is he only review that ever really kind of pissed me off, he reviewed it two years late and then bashed it like it came out that day. I think a lot of people are afraid to call him out on it too because they'll just be viewed as fanboys. He's good, but he needs to understand the limits, and I'm worried that eventually he'll just nitpick games to death though I don't see it happening it seems like its coming.

I do however agree with the mgs review and the CAD complaints

Mushroomn. 6 years later it's kind of a dumbass name. Sorry about that

BBS Signature
BananaBreadMuffin
BananaBreadMuffin
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 41
Audiophile
Response to New Zero Punctuation. Jul. 2nd, 2008 @ 03:22 AM Reply

At 7/2/08 12:19 AM, SniperWolf1564 wrote: CAD's forums is going to be on a massive lockdown when Buckley sees this. When his beloved comic is made fun of (for plagiarism, copypasta, etc.,) people point it out on his forums, and a mass banning starts.

The forums (well, the CAD-related board at least) over at CAD are absolutely dire. They all seem to love the comic more than he does, I mean, just go check out the (massive) thread on the miscarriage comic. Every now and then people went in and said "I wasn't such a big fan of this comic" or whatever, and they'd get jumped on with people claiming they have no soul or whatever.

iMini
iMini
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 17
Movie Buff
Response to New Zero Punctuation. Jul. 2nd, 2008 @ 08:40 AM Reply

At 7/2/08 12:44 AM, mushroomn wrote: I like Yahtzee but... *Rant*

He's a troll, get over it, he's a damn good troll at that, don't take him seriously...

illicit makes a damn good signature.

BBS Signature