00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

wilwz just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

New Zero Punctuation.

17,835 Views | 220 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

New Zero Punctuation. 2008-03-26 12:29:46

I WILL BUMP THIS EVERY WENSDAY SO WE CAN TALK ABOUT IT. HUuuuur duuuur hurrr.

This is the site, if you don't know.

And this is the new one. It's a review of Zack & Wiki. I personally haven't purchased it yet, but I probably will because I have a huge boner for point and click Capcom games.

ANYWAY.

I thought this one was pretty good, no? He does bug me a bit though, he can't seem to get through a review without seeming like an elitist PC gamer, can he? And I don't particularly care for it when he goes and picks on a genre for having a few quirks that make the genre special. Or the stupid remark about Wii gamers being eight, that just seemed a little tacked on for da lulz.

But, ah, he made me laugh with this one he did... I can relate this because I play point and click games! As I said, I don't particularly care for someone takin' shots at a genre in a review, but he does it without enough flair and finesse that it can be forgiven.

So, Newgrounds, how was this weeks Zero Punctuation?

New Zero Punctuation.

BBS Signature

Response to New Zero Punctuation. 2008-03-26 12:40:33

Haha, well it made me laugh once again, and I'm glad he's not doing another painfully popular game this time since those were RE-HE-HEALLY starting to get boring and dull. I've been actually considering this game since my Wii game stockpile is dangerously short and I've heard some rather good things about it, the review led me to believe that it was actually a good game since he did bother to mention that and alot of the time the bad points of a game are sometimes things he's obviously just chosen to nitpick at in order to make a joke. This is the same reason I never use gaming webcomics as a justifiable source on whether a game is good or not.

Wall of text aside I don't think I'd actually be able to afford it. but might get this in the new future from some pre-owned bin or another, since I can see alot of people, especially young 'uns taking it back since the colorful characters on the box were actually clever disguises for the ADVENTURE GAME that lurked within, obviously a game which requires even a hint of logic will infuriate most young gamers, hence why Halo is so popular within their demographic.

He'd Look Just Like You'd Want Him Too, Some Kind of Slick Chrome American Prince.

Tweet//LastFM//Qwantz//Blog

BBS Signature

Response to New Zero Punctuation. 2008-03-26 12:42:44

At 3/26/08 12:29 PM, AshfordPride wrote: So, Newgrounds, how was this weeks Zero Punctuation?

I liked it. He did focus on a lot of negatives though, but I've heard that this game has been very underrated. The review at least made me think, "You know, I should at least give this a try." So, if he can do that in his reviews, then I think it's a job well done.

Zero Punctuation is also the only reason I go to the Escapist Magazine haha.

http://www.newgrounds.com/bbs/topic /777777

http://metaldart.webs.com/ My freewebs website. Check it out dog.

My old NG profile ID: 1321019

BBS Signature

Response to New Zero Punctuation. 2008-03-26 13:04:52

At 3/26/08 12:40 PM, WilliWowza wrote: This is the same reason I never use gaming webcomics as a justifiable source on whether a game is good or not.

But Buckley is ever so comprehensive...

the colorful characters on the box were actually clever disguises for the ADVENTURE GAME

Hey! I'm not fighting an evil tentacle! I'm just collecting shit and moving around! You lied to me cover!

At 3/26/08 12:42 PM, MetalDart wrote: Zero Punctuation is also the only reason I go to the Escapist Magazine haha.

I'd imagine he gets them at least 90% of their traffic.

BBS Signature

Response to New Zero Punctuation. 2008-03-26 13:05:02

I've known quite a while about Wank and Sticky I mean Zack and Wiki and I've wanted to check it out. I've had it in my Gamefly Q for as long as I can remember.

This review felt a little flat compared to his other reviews maybe due to the fact that he liked the game. I don't know, even games he does like are fun to watch (Galaxy). But this felt a little dead.
But still, there were some parts that made me laugh and Yahtzee has still got it.

Response to New Zero Punctuation. 2008-03-26 13:09:11

At 3/26/08 01:04 PM, AshfordPride wrote: But Buckley is ever so comprehensive...

I was going to make a post about how Yahtzee hates Buckley, but you guys probably know about it.

http://www.newgrounds.com/bbs/topic /777777

http://metaldart.webs.com/ My freewebs website. Check it out dog.

My old NG profile ID: 1321019

BBS Signature

Response to New Zero Punctuation. 2008-03-26 13:24:36

Gotta love the LucasArts references. Great one this week.

Yahtzee is awesome.

GT - LedgeyNG, Steam - Ledgey91, PSN - LedgeyNG

BBS Signature

Response to New Zero Punctuation. 2008-03-26 13:44:38

It was just ok by his usual standards. It's probably because it's a game that have never heard of. I've found that the reviews that I like the best are games I've already played, and he always seemed to find the same things that annoyed me and make me laugh about it.

With Zack and Wiki, his observations seemed mixed, because he said he liked the game, but he had a lot more negative things to say than positive. He just summed up the positives in the end saying it was funny, original, and charming. And since it's a game that I personally have no interest in getting, this week was just 'meh' compared to last weeks, although I did laugh a few times as per usual.

Oppressing the Chinese anyone?

Sig by THEJamoke Contributor to PONIES: The Anthology 2 and Anthology 3 Go watch them now!

BBS Signature

Response to New Zero Punctuation. 2008-03-26 13:45:24

I actually just finished watching all the ones I'd never watched before, which was about half of them, and then when I refreshed that one came up. It was alright, but it's not his best or anything.

Formerly TheMaster | PSN: Absurd-Ditties | Steam | Letterboxd

BBS Signature

Response to New Zero Punctuation. 2008-04-03 17:15:22

Oh, a new one!

This time it's Army of Two.

Y'know, I never really like it when he reviews FPSs for the consoles... He's clearly a fan of PC gaming, and I'm sure he's tempted every time he reviews a FPS to say that it would've been better if it was on the PC. It's that PC elitist attitude, y'know?

BBS Signature

Response to New Zero Punctuation. 2008-04-03 17:23:08

I watched the new one a few hours ago, and can't remember any of it. Clearly wasn't that good.

BBS Signature

Response to New Zero Punctuation. 2008-04-03 17:27:10

At 4/3/08 05:23 PM, TheMaster wrote: I watched the new one a few hours ago, and can't remember any of it. Clearly wasn't that good.

I think that he should stay away from reviewer FPS's... How much can you say about them that differed from the last one? Bad controls, enemies need work, story sucks, yadda yadda yadda. I don't think he's entirely at fault, I think we can blame it on the facts that all the games are so similar.

BBS Signature

Response to New Zero Punctuation. 2008-04-03 17:31:59

Lolwii.

I did it for the lulz:

BBS Signature

Response to New Zero Punctuation. 2008-04-03 17:38:45

At 4/3/08 05:15 PM, AshfordPride wrote: Oh, a new one!

This time it's Army of Two.

Y'know, I never really like it when he reviews FPSs for the consoles... He's clearly a fan of PC gaming, and I'm sure he's tempted every time he reviews a FPS to say that it would've been better if it was on the PC. It's that PC elitist attitude, y'know?

Obviously he doesn't do it to the point that you stop watching, just so much that you keep mentioning it. We know what we're getting with him, so complaining that he is partial to a certain type of gaming shouldn't be the main point of a weekly overview of his work. If it bothers you so much, you can just stop watching and he'll carry on as usual.

The review itself was funny with the obvious gay jokes, but more importantly it pointed out the most important highlight that the game is nothing that hasn't been done before in games. Typical controls, typical backstab story, typical gay innuendos...wait no I already mentioned that. All in all, it was typically entertaining which is in this case is a good thing.

BBS Signature

Response to New Zero Punctuation. 2008-04-10 09:23:46

Yahtzee reviews No More Heroes this week

If you only enjoy Zero Punctuation when Yahtzee is tearing into a bad game with a barrage of metaphores and outside the US references that you feel compelled to chuckle at despite not getting (unless, of course, you do live outside the US), this this week isn't for you. He genuinely has an affection for the game so his barbs are a lot less...barb-y and he's willing to put all his complaints into perspective. It's a lot like his Psychonauts review, if you've played the game you're going to appreciate it a lot more.

Unless of course, you actually watch Zero Punctuation for the review aspect.

New Zero Punctuation.

Happy with what you have to be happy with

you have to be happy with what you have

to be happy with you have to be happy with what you have

BBS Signature

Response to New Zero Punctuation. 2008-04-10 10:30:36

Argh! He doesn't review anything! His videos are purely for comical purposes!

New Zero Punctuation.

Sig by CoolCatDaddio. <<RESPECT>>

BBS Signature

Response to New Zero Punctuation. 2008-04-10 10:33:02

At 4/10/08 10:30 AM, McPaper wrote: Argh! He doesn't review anything! His videos are purely for comical purposes!

Well, he does to an extent. You can usually tell whether he thinks a game is good or utterly god awfully shit and some of the points he makes are valid gripes. Even if he likes the game he'll still have to find things ot nitpick about though otherwise the review wouldn't have any humor.

He'd Look Just Like You'd Want Him Too, Some Kind of Slick Chrome American Prince.

BBS Signature

Response to New Zero Punctuation. 2008-04-10 15:03:24

At 4/10/08 09:23 AM, Jercurpac wrote: If you only enjoy Zero Punctuation when Yahtzee is tearing into a bad game with a barrage of metaphores and outside the US references that you feel compelled to chuckle at despite not getting (unless, of course, you do live outside the US), this this week isn't for you. He genuinely has an affection for the game so his barbs are a lot less...barb-y and he's willing to put all his complaints into perspective. It's a lot like his Psychonauts review, if you've played the game you're going to appreciate it a lot more.

I was actually looking forward to No More Heroes. It really is one of those rare games that are a shining light in the land of the mediocre.

Unless of course, you actually watch Zero Punctuation for the review aspect.

I save the complaining about every menial flaw in a game for Angry Video Game Nerd. Quite frankly, I actually do find a guy screaming "FUCK" to the equivalent to a guy suffering from tourettes to be quite amusing.

Want to play something or just chat? Click here. For all the daily shit that happens in my life, click here.

Achievement Whore Status: 47th place as of 05/18/09

BBS Signature

Response to New Zero Punctuation. 2008-04-10 16:43:31

At 4/10/08 10:30 AM, McPaper wrote: Argh! He doesn't review anything! His videos are purely for comical purposes!

His movies are mostly about comical purposes but damn those are some good reviews, hes an old school gamer that knows what hes talking about. Just watch the turok review and tell me you didnt just want to hate the game.

SEX!!!!!!

Now that I have your attention, I suck at making signatures.

Response to New Zero Punctuation. 2008-04-10 16:48:27

Just to let you all know he was in the latest australian gamer podcast.

Sig by CoolCatDaddio. <<RESPECT>>

BBS Signature

Response to New Zero Punctuation. 2008-04-10 16:52:11

His new review was pretty good, but not as funny as some of his other ones. I think it would have seemed a lot better if I have actually played No More Heroes, since I would be able to relate to the video.

I really want to play No More Heroes, but I can't find a copy of it anywhere. Hopefully it will live up to my expectations, which are slightly high.

BBS Signature

Response to New Zero Punctuation. 2008-04-17 11:34:59

Codemned 2: Bloodshot

Despite not playing either of the games I had a vague idea what they were about and still found this review hilarious, Yahtzees still on form as always it seems. Doubt I'll be getting it either after what he said about it, I don't particularly enjoy scaring myself shitless for a start either,

New Zero Punctuation.

BBS Signature

Response to New Zero Punctuation. 2008-04-17 11:36:37

I loved the Condemned one, best in a while.

BBS Signature

Response to New Zero Punctuation. 2008-04-17 15:48:56

This weeks review was pretty good, but I'd prefer to see a review of a game that I've actually played. I'm hoping that he does Mario Kart Wii in the near future.

BBS Signature

Response to New Zero Punctuation. 2008-04-17 15:52:03

I love watching these even if I don't care about the game at all. They always make me laugh.

This weeks was, I feel, better than the last few weeks.

|| AK || Play TF2 @ AK's ||

NG Archive - The Problems of the Past, Today!

BBS Signature

Response to New Zero Punctuation. 2008-04-17 17:24:13

At 4/17/08 03:48 PM, Deadly-Shadow wrote: This weeks review was pretty good, but I'd prefer to see a review of a game that I've actually played. I'm hoping that he does Mario Kart Wii in the near future.

I've only played about two of the games he's ever reviewed.

<@greywing> check me on netlog!

BBS Signature

Response to New Zero Punctuation. 2008-04-17 17:52:39

At 4/17/08 03:48 PM, Deadly-Shadow wrote: I'm hoping that he does Mario Kart Wii in the near future.

Yeah, I was expecting that one too...

And... Once again... Yahtzee pulls the ITS NOT A PC GAME LOLOLOLOLOLOL.

BBS Signature

Response to New Zero Punctuation. 2008-04-17 20:58:17

At 4/17/08 03:52 PM, Sekhem wrote: i prefer objective reviews instead of humor based ones thank you very much

HALO 3 GOTY!!!!!

Response to New Zero Punctuation. 2008-04-17 21:31:25

Has he reviewed Brawl yet?

Response to New Zero Punctuation. 2008-04-17 21:39:19

At 4/17/08 09:31 PM, Omega-Epsilon wrote: Has he reviewed Brawl yet?

He lives in Australia, which dosn't even have Brawl yet. He can't review untill it comes out, so it may take awhile.

BBS Signature