00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

BWWAA-LORD-OF-DUCKS just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Padkontol???

786 Views | 9 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Padkontol??? 2008-03-25 20:45:18

I was thinking about getting the padKONTROL, but I'm not entirely clear on how it works externaly. What I mean is does it have a cable jack like the microkorg so I can hook it up to an amp? Or can I hook it up to the mircokorg, so they both go into the same amp?

Response to Padkontol??? 2008-03-25 23:40:03

At 3/25/08 08:45 PM, 7rekcorhsalc wrote: I was thinking about getting the padKONTROL, but I'm not entirely clear on how it works externaly. What I mean is does it have a cable jack like the microkorg so I can hook it up to an amp? Or can I hook it up to the mircokorg, so they both go into the same amp?

the padkontrol is only a midi controller my friend. It does not produce sound on its own and must be plugged into something to control it.

For instance if run through a computer (which is generally the case) you will set different samples attached to each button. Then you also select what you want the XY controller to affect.

To be 100% honest, I had one for 2 days and returned it. It was much more beneficial for me to buy an Axiom 61 which has 8 drum pads on it already, not to mention the envelope sliders and knobs.

"It's alright to be afraid, lord knows I am."

BBS Signature

Response to Padkontol??? 2008-03-26 15:23:47

So I can't have it play samples on the pads unless its hooked up to a computer? They can't be saved into the pad then had the pad conected to the microkorgs midi input?

Response to Padkontol??? 2008-03-26 16:12:32

At 3/26/08 03:23 PM, 7rekcorhsalc wrote: So I can't have it play samples on the pads unless its hooked up to a computer? They can't be saved into the pad then had the pad conected to the microkorgs midi input?

That is correct. the pad kontrol is a midi controller not a standalone device.

BBS Signature

Response to Padkontol??? 2008-03-26 16:15:17

you should go with a korg electribe (es1), it has much more functions than the padkontrol, but you can also load samples and save them onto it.

chip tune

Response to Padkontol??? 2008-03-26 16:42:37

At 3/26/08 04:15 PM, glitchcore wrote: you should go with a korg electribe (es1), it has much more functions than the padkontrol, but you can also load samples and save them onto it.

That's the thing i couldn't remember the name of!

Too bad my budget is kinda low. Right now I only have $100. I just turned 15 so maybe places I apply to will accept me now that I'm a little bit older.

Response to Padkontol??? 2008-03-26 16:49:52

Also with the electribe, can I add my own samples (loops, songs, sounds, etc) from my computer so they can be played from that? Because thats the main thing I'm trying to do. I need something that can playback loops.

Response to Padkontol??? 2008-03-26 17:24:57

ya, you just add sounds on it and you can playu it back, loop, cut it and add effects to it, and it also has a step seq. and a pattern seq.

chip tune

Response to Padkontol??? 2008-03-26 18:30:19

At 3/26/08 05:24 PM, glitchcore wrote: ya, you just add sounds on it and you can playu it back, loop, cut it and add effects to it, and it also has a step seq. and a pattern seq.

well.......you basicly just convinced me to get it.

Now I just need 400 more dollars

Response to Padkontol??? 2008-03-26 20:02:18

At 3/26/08 06:30 PM, 7rekcorhsalc wrote:
At 3/26/08 05:24 PM, glitchcore wrote: ya, you just add sounds on it and you can playu it back, loop, cut it and add effects to it, and it also has a step seq. and a pattern seq.
well.......you basicly just convinced me to get it.

Now I just need 400 more dollars

it is a very amazing purchase, but make sure you get the electribe "( ESX1)" and not the Electribe ( E'M'X1)

they are VERY similair except that the emx is a synth and the esx is a sampler

the one you want is red.

BBS Signature