00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Scottistrash just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

NG Podcast and Ross News...

29,003 Views | 193 Replies
Respond to this Topic

Response to NG Podcast and Ross News... 2008-03-26 15:10:07

Ross, it's not that we hate you, Rob is just better ;D
Have a fun time working with yahoo in NY!

I be down with Mozart mother fucker! I've been banging out jives since I was a dickworm

Slags and hoes.

Oh shit king kong what are you going

BBS Signature

Response to NG Podcast and Ross News... 2008-03-26 15:13:08

Bye Ross I'll miss you

Response to NG Podcast and Ross News... 2008-03-26 15:20:55

Work on PSP?

Response to NG Podcast and Ross News... 2008-03-26 15:22:02

Hahahaha I just checked up on the calander and the first of April is on the tuesday, as I was thinking it might actually be a very ellaborate April Fools joke.

When this post hits 88 mph, you're going to see some serious friendship.

Youtube, Twitch: Mostly games

BBS Signature

Response to NG Podcast and Ross News... 2008-03-26 16:03:00

Ah damn, it's a real shame to see Ross leaving Newgrounds again, but I think most of us wish him luck with his future and all that.

Good luck to Rob also, and Newgrounds as a whole. I'm looking forward to that podcast as it downloads right now!

Response to NG Podcast and Ross News... 2008-03-26 16:32:39

Good luck Ross!

BBS Signature

Response to NG Podcast and Ross News... 2008-03-26 17:04:53

Ross is leaving?

I wish him/ (in case you're reading this, Ross) you a great future at Yahoo, and hope that we will hear from you again.

Response to NG Podcast and Ross News... 2008-03-26 17:12:29

hhm, im surprised i never checked for a newgrounds podcast...still it's about time i got NG on my iPod

Join The Cult..if you dare

Brawl Code for Mario5789: 3909-7172-3323....fight at your own risk.

Also, Be sure to PM me your code too....

BBS Signature

Response to NG Podcast and Ross News... 2008-03-26 18:22:32

i am going to miss ross.. :(

Lol

Response to NG Podcast and Ross News... 2008-03-26 18:44:29

Rob sounds like a sucky name, oh well, hopefully watching MG Awesome on my ipod will soothe the pain of ross leaving

Response to NG Podcast and Ross News... 2008-03-26 18:46:08

Buh Bai Ross

Hallo Rob

Response to NG Podcast and Ross News... 2008-03-26 19:26:41

That's awesome that there's room in this world for Flash artists that actually pays money. Best of luck to Ross and I hope this new guy isn't a jerk. Those are my words on the subject.

Sig by BlueHippo - AMA

Formerly PuddinN64 - BBS, Icon, and Portal Mod

"Your friends love you anyway" - Check out Guinea Something Good!

BBS Signature

Response to NG Podcast and Ross News... 2008-03-26 19:38:20

Tom, you need to throw Ross a going away party at the Trocadero and have newgrounders send him off... he will be so sad that he will stay. And if he doesnt we can just hold him hostage.

k thats a plan. gogogogo

None

BBS Signature

Response to NG Podcast and Ross News... 2008-03-26 19:50:44

We will miss you Ross

Response to NG Podcast and Ross News... 2008-03-26 20:00:44

Farewell ross. You will be missed.

aquaticmole.

BBS Signature

Response to NG Podcast and Ross News... 2008-03-26 20:28:35

At 3/25/08 08:35 PM, Afro-Ninja wrote: ROSS+BOB = ROB

with their POWAS COMBINED!!!

but yeah, im bummed ross is leavin'.

from just a casual user of newgrounds since 2001, thanks for all the tremendous hardwork and effort you and the rest of the team put into the site to make it enjoyable for all of us. it's greatly appreciated.

best of luck and cheers man.

BBS Signature

Response to NG Podcast and Ross News... 2008-03-26 21:29:43

At 3/25/08 07:32 PM, TomFulp wrote: And now... Some BIG news that I've been putting off announcing. Ya know that job posting we made, looking for a PHP / MySQL pro? It wasn't because we're expanding... It's because ROSS IS LEAVING! For those of you who aren't familiar with Ross, he is the programming wizard behind the NG user system, the Flash Portal and a large portion of the redesign we launched last July. Ross had originally left NG at the end of 2001 and Liljim, once just a dandy NG user, took his place. Some time around July of 2006, we were ramping up to do the redesign and had the good fortune of Ross rejoining the team!

Nooooooooooooooooooooooooo..... ROSS GONE... AGAIN?

Ross lives in the NYC area nowadays, though, and working from home loses its charm after a while. Ross has accepted a position with Yahoo, where he can work locally and gain all sorts of new experience.

The news made us all real sad, but it's a great opportunity for Ross and we wish him the best of luck. Yahoo just gained one of the best programmers on the planet!

And yes, we found someone new. Rob will be starting this Monday!

Hooray Rob, then!

But.... wait, what if Yahoo makes Ross relocate from NY to Cali if he wants to keep working for them? It could totally happen. Ross is NOT a West Coast guy, right? HE'LL NEVER MAKE IT.

Or what if, even worse... the rumours from the past few months come true and Microsoft buys Yahoo. Ross could end up in REDMOND, WA. Well, that'd be pretty cool, actually. Microsoft... Nintendo... Beoing... land of the high-tech and the coffee-addled.

Anywho. Just some issues with the instability of current Yahoo employment I think are fair to raise, based on the economy, stupid.

gfox // wi/ht?#9 // defunct PentaList (final update: 3/15/2008) // Cyberdevil's HexaList!

a long, long time ago: 60000 b/p (#2) // 36000 blams (#3) // 24000 saves (#1)

BBS Signature

Response to NG Podcast and Ross News... 2008-03-26 21:44:01

At 3/26/08 03:22 PM, Ragnarokia wrote: Hahahaha I just checked up on the calander and the first of April is on the tuesday, as I was thinking it might actually be a very ellaborate April Fools joke.

Ah, good eye, good eye.

Yeah, the way Tom Fulp says "this Monday" on 3/25 to deflect attention to that/suspicion of an early prank.... instead of just saying "end of the month" or "3/31" or any terms that might tip us off as to the fact that the day of the week he's referring to is APRIL FOOL'S EVE, OMG.

Well, all I have to say on the matter is this:

If it's NOT a prank, then I certainly hope the other admins introduce Rob to the idea of "minimal stat gathering," because as it is now, Rob's profile is the saddest thing I've seen in some time. No offense, Rob. #;-}>

At 3/25/08 07:49 PM, RageVI wrote: Somebody get this Rob guy a new icon and convince him to post. The "Mysterious, elusive staff member" position is already taken up by Tim.

I used to call him "Two post Tim", and that was valid for a while. He ruined that, though.

Oh hell yeah. I remember Tim when he had two posts. Hell, I remember him more from back then than I do from lately. Didn't he go up to 6 or 7 posts for awhile after that? And then yeah, he hit 20 or so and just kept going and ruined it from there. #;-}>

gfox // wi/ht?#9 // defunct PentaList (final update: 3/15/2008) // Cyberdevil's HexaList!

a long, long time ago: 60000 b/p (#2) // 36000 blams (#3) // 24000 saves (#1)

BBS Signature

Response to NG Podcast and Ross News... 2008-03-26 21:47:55

Ross has always been great for responding to issues, it will be sad to see him go, I can understand the urge to expand into other things.

Yea I was wonder when this would all come out.
I'm sure Rob will do a knock out job.

Response to NG Podcast and Ross News... 2008-03-26 21:56:49

DEAR ROB,

Don't fuck up

Right behind you

Response to NG Podcast and Ross News... 2008-03-26 22:11:45

Y'all need to do Zune Marketplace things too. I fucking have iTunes & iPods.

Response to NG Podcast and Ross News... 2008-03-26 22:46:58

Is there gonna be one for PSP?

Check out the flaming atom forums! A growing community of youtubers, with interesting discussions and a minecraft server. http://forum.flamingatom.com/index/

BBS Signature

Response to NG Podcast and Ross News... 2008-03-26 22:56:10

Maaaaan... Rob's got some big shoes to fill...

Best of luck to Rob, Newgrounds--and most importantly--Ross.

WE GON'A MISS Y'BOIII!

Response to NG Podcast and Ross News... 2008-03-26 22:59:35

If we see Newgrounds as a sponsored link for all possible search phrases within the next month...we know why. ;]

You know you wanna, Ross.

Response to NG Podcast and Ross News... 2008-03-27 00:45:20

Bye Ross!

Question:
Will he still be active on NG, or is he gone for good?

Response to NG Podcast and Ross News... 2008-03-27 00:50:25

hey tom thax for the info i got a lot of ng stuff on my ipod shit my i ipod could be all of ng anyways i am a long time reader first time writer and nice job on the website man and keep up the good work man thax for reading :)

Response to NG Podcast and Ross News... 2008-03-27 01:15:02

At 3/26/08 07:38 PM, Luis wrote: Tom, you need to throw Ross a going away party at the Trocadero and have newgrounders send him off... he will be so sad that he will stay. And if he doesnt we can just hold him hostage.

Party at the Troc? Shit son, I'm there.

We'll get him to stay...

...one way or another...

Sig by BlueHippo / User Icon by CosmicDeath.

BBS Signature

Response to NG Podcast and Ross News... 2008-03-27 03:31:16

Newgrounds podcast better get off the ground and running this time; I need to have Blockhead, Smash/Bowser's Kingdom and other great Newground series on my iPod, not to mention many classic flashes from NG ("Dad's Home", anybody?)

Far away, across the field, the tolling of the iron bell

Calls the faithful to their knees, to hear the softly spoken magic spells.......

BBS Signature

Response to NG Podcast and Ross News... 2008-03-27 04:46:03

At 3/26/08 09:44 PM, gfoxcook wrote: Yeah, the way Tom Fulp says "this Monday" on 3/25 to deflect attention to that/suspicion of an early prank.... instead of just saying "end of the month" or "3/31" or any terms that might tip us off as to the fact that the day of the week he's referring to is APRIL FOOL'S EVE, OMG.

...You mean it's a prank? That makes me sad.

Well, all I have to say on the matter is this:

If it's NOT a prank, then I certainly hope the other admins introduce Rob to the idea of "minimal stat gathering," because as it is now, Rob's profile is the saddest thing I've seen in some time. No offense, Rob. #;-}>

Yeah, he needs to at least be introduced to the concept of the Flash portal, so he knows how it operates normally. Admins need to know if something's fucked up, so they can put it right with their mighty tool kit...

Will it ever end. Yes, all human endeavour is pointless ~ Bill Bailey

News

#StoryShift Author

BBS Signature

Response to NG Podcast and Ross News... 2008-03-27 06:06:15

At 3/27/08 04:57 AM, q13qew wrote: The comic is so cute hahah funny too

You are such a great alt