00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Nue22 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

The Game You're Currently Playing

352,868 Views | 5,148 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to The Game You're Currently Playing 2014-09-09 11:41:50

Passing back and forth between Zuma's Revenge and Closure on my PS3. Both pretty fun games. Though Zuma's Revenge gets a tad frustrating after awhile.

Formally known as Viper50

When you get into one of these groups theres only a couple of ways you can get out. One is death. The other is mental institution.

Last.fm Youtube

BBS Signature

Response to The Game You're Currently Playing 2014-09-09 14:19:47

At 9/9/14 08:23 AM, Jackho wrote:
At 9/8/14 05:38 AM, Stretchysumo wrote: Bought Deadly Premonition on sale for 5 bucks. Pretty entertaining so far. I just cleared episode 1.
@Dean's favourite game of all time. I got to episode 3 before giving up and restarting on easy, then I quit again when it froze and lost me hours of progress. Feel like I hve to finish it at some point but I didn't particularly enjoy it at all, just makes me wish I was playing Resident Evil 4 instead.

Honestly the game has been way too easy so far. I've never even been close to dying from running out of health. It's good if the difficulty does pick up a bit later, although I know that the combat isn't really that great.

PSN ID/Gamertag: KittensWithBeer

BBS Signature

Response to The Game You're Currently Playing 2014-09-09 16:21:31

At 9/9/14 02:19 PM, Stretchysumo wrote: Honestly the game has been way too easy so far. I've never even been close to dying from running out of health. It's good if the difficulty does pick up a bit later, although I know that the combat isn't really that great.

It's just bad. They just throw those same enemies at you in higher numbers with spongier health bars, so it just gets more boring and drawn out. I quit because I ended up fighting the first wall shadow with only a pistol, must have spent half an hour running back and forth on that shitty fight before I finally died. At least on easy they go down fast so you can get on with the fucking game.

You should get the infinite ammo smg (buy the maps at the milk barn) and the grecotch (do the part time job quests, also at the milk barn) asap. The game doesn't get hard, it just gets very fucking slow and annoying, these will minimize the bullshit. The grecotch has the highest damage in the game and doesn't degrade.

Response to The Game You're Currently Playing 2014-09-09 21:34:52

At 9/9/14 01:13 AM, vannila-guerilla wrote: Professor Layton vs Phoenix Wright, Outlast Whistleblower DLC, and Super Mario RPG.

I want to play that professor Layton vs phoenix wright, but I never played either series, do I need to play any of them before I play this?

Response to The Game You're Currently Playing 2014-09-09 23:09:09

At 9/9/14 09:34 PM, omega88x wrote:
At 9/9/14 01:13 AM, vannila-guerilla wrote: Professor Layton vs Phoenix Wright, Outlast Whistleblower DLC, and Super Mario RPG.
I want to play that professor Layton vs phoenix wright, but I never played either series, do I need to play any of them before I play this?

Nah. This is my first in the series, to be honest.

Response to The Game You're Currently Playing 2014-09-09 23:46:00

I was grinding like crazy in Dark Souls. I got my vitality and endurance past 20 and also leveled up dexterity one point. Not sure if I should level up dexterity a little more before I get the short bow and shoot the dragon's tail cuz I dunno how many shots it will take. I see that longswords and short swords scale with it, too, along with strength. I'm really glad this game is being so generous with short sword drops because I wore one down to near broken with so much grinding. I have more than ten of them right now. I decided to use the longsword sparingly for now. I only picked up one titanite the whole time, though. I didn't even realize all that time that the undead merchant was right there. I'll have to hack up some more hollows and spend the souls there. I figure I should leave that black knight alone for now, but I saw in a video that you can jump down from a ledge right onto the ring he's guarding instead of trying to get past him. I thought I might try to do that and grab the ring and just let him kill me. That whole area past the little bridge that's being hit by firebombs is kinda crazy. It sucks that you have to get through all that before fighting a big ass boss.

Also, I HATE hollow spearmen. And I'm going to be way more careful around unfamiliar staircases from now on...

sig by JaY11

Letterboxd

one of the four horsemen of the Metal Hell

BBS Signature

Response to The Game You're Currently Playing 2014-09-10 22:36:21

At 9/9/14 11:46 PM, Sense-Offender wrote: I was grinding like crazy in Dark Souls.

Don't level up so fast its not necessary early in the game really. Stay at about 35-45 SL so that once you're in the Forest you can PVP N literally get millions of souls. Its actually ridiculous. Its not like a glitch more like super grind, you'll net what? 5-15k per person you kill. It honestly adds up quickly. There is better ways to achieve souls but that will work for you N honestly I've had the most fun in that forest PVP'ing then the actual game lol. Good luck. (My cousin left his XBOX with me for a while I jus did nothing but Forest PVP, he is sitting on 4million souls now. He is scared to do the story now, because he'll most likely die N lose that rofl so he doesn't even play it no more)

"I'll never understand this society, first they tried to murder me, then they lied to me, product of a drying breed."

-2Pac

BBS Signature

Response to The Game You're Currently Playing 2014-09-10 22:43:10

At 9/10/14 10:36 PM, lofi69 wrote:
At 9/9/14 11:46 PM, Sense-Offender wrote: I was grinding like crazy in Dark Souls.
Don't level up so fast its not necessary early in the game really. Stay at about 35-45 SL so that once you're in the Forest you can PVP N literally get millions of souls. Its actually ridiculous. Its not like a glitch more like super grind, you'll net what? 5-15k per person you kill. It honestly adds up quickly. There is better ways to achieve souls but that will work for you N honestly I've had the most fun in that forest PVP'ing then the actual game lol. Good luck. (My cousin left his XBOX with me for a while I jus did nothing but Forest PVP, he is sitting on 4million souls now. He is scared to do the story now, because he'll most likely die N lose that rofl so he doesn't even play it no more)

I can't play online. I haven't had gold for years. I haven't even hooked my 360 up to the internet at all in at least a year or more. All I can say is it's a good thing that the enemies don't scale with your level.

sig by JaY11

Letterboxd

BBS Signature

Response to The Game You're Currently Playing 2014-09-10 22:48:51

I can't play online. I haven't had gold for years. I haven't even hooked my 360 up to the internet at all in at least a year or more. All I can say is it's a good thing that the enemies don't scale with your level.

That sucks..Yeah they don't. You should be able to smash that game solo tho. I was playing it with my cousin for a month or so without online because of XBL not having it yet. Then once they added it, the game got like way better. Still enjoyable without online. Best thing I could say is drake sword sucks don't listen to what other people say. You CAN use it tho but once you get to Sen's Fortress (Trying to not spoil nothing but that's what the place is called you won't know it until you actually get there lol.) You'll get a lightning spear, use that over the Drake Sword until you find out what type of weapon user you'll be. Don't die N yeah don't die lol. Getting souls back is a hassle especially when its over 100k+. I remember losing like 2.1m. I threw the controller at my TV. It was crap how I died too.

"I'll never understand this society, first they tried to murder me, then they lied to me, product of a drying breed."

-2Pac

BBS Signature

Response to The Game You're Currently Playing 2014-09-10 22:58:47

At 9/10/14 10:48 PM, lofi69 wrote: That sucks..Yeah they don't. You should be able to smash that game solo tho. I was playing it with my cousin for a month or so without online because of XBL not having it yet. Then once they added it, the game got like way better. Still enjoyable without online. Best thing I could say is drake sword sucks don't listen to what other people say.

I had heard that it's only good for a little while early on. I figured I'd give it a shot trying to get it as long as it's not too much of a hassle.

I remember losing like 2.1m. I threw the controller at my TV. It was crap how I died too.

lol Shit, I've never had close to that much at one time.

sig by JaY11

Letterboxd

BBS Signature

Response to The Game You're Currently Playing 2014-09-10 23:08:02

lol Shit, I've never had close to that much at one time.

You will, that I'll assure you. Drake Sword will help until the L.Spear. After that you could look up weapons N stats to go accordingly. But since you're not online stats N level shouldn't matter. Jus know the higher the level the more souls needed to level up. Stat up as needed. You could PM me if you have questions or want tips or anything of that sort. I'll be more then happy to assist.

-2Pac

BBS Signature

Response to The Game You're Currently Playing 2014-09-13 05:46:48

So I'm at the epilogue of Deadly Premonition. I would honestly say it's one of my favorite games of the 7th gen. The gameplay was a cakewalk and downright annoying at points and the framerate chugs horribly, but it's extremely unique and the writing is fantastic for the most part.

PSN ID/Gamertag: KittensWithBeer

BBS Signature

Response to The Game You're Currently Playing 2014-09-13 08:40:30

Destiny!

Response to The Game You're Currently Playing 2014-09-13 08:54:00

Finally made a start on Code Veronica.

First bandersnatch fucked me up, because apparently you're able to get the bowgun before that but I've just got a knife and pistol and had to just tank his attacks while stabbing him. Died on the dogs after the section where you play as Steve and turned it off.

Formerly TheMaster | PSN: Absurd-Ditties | Steam | Letterboxd

BBS Signature

Response to The Game You're Currently Playing 2014-09-13 09:20:05

Been almost endlessly playing Ass Creed 4. Since I loved the naval in Ass Creed 3 I had feeling I would like it, and boy do I ever! Had been playing maybe for like 12 hours once I realized that I had barley done any main mission and had mostly spent my time boarding ships, looting storehouses and taking fortresses. Which became kind of funny when I started doing the main missions again they introduced me to all those things I had already done.

Don't know how far in I'm right now but I can handle galleons in sea battles now and can take on multiple frigates so either I'm far in or just have grinded the shit out of everything.

However Edward movement on land can be somewhat awkard, since free-running is more automatically then before Eddie can jump on stuff you didn't want to.

Also did I say the land movement was awkard? Well that's nothing compared to the underwater movement. Geez, and it doesn't help that they set fucking sharks on you.

Any way loving it so far.

This is where I wrote something funny

BBS Signature

Response to The Game You're Currently Playing 2014-09-13 15:19:20

At 9/9/14 11:46 PM, Sense-Offender wrote: I was grinding like crazy in Dark Souls. I got my vitality and endurance past 20 and also leveled up dexterity one point.

I really don't think you should do that man, but whatever

I figure I should leave that black knight alone for now

Black Knights are a cakewalk once you get good at parrying. Although if he drops his sword don't use it, it ruins the game and it really annoys me that he can drop it in the first place. Black knight equipment can carry you through NG+ and beyond easily, I think it's bullshit that you can get the sword that early in the game.

It sucks that you have to get through all that before fighting a big ass boss.

I think Undead Burg was the hardest part of the game, or at least it's what made me come closest to giving up. it's such an onslaught of shit before you even really know how to play the game, it's just overwhelming. I found the difficulty was on a solid decline after that area, even though Anor Londo raises the bar again.

Also, I HATE hollow spearmen. And I'm going to be way more careful around unfamiliar staircases from now on...

You probably know this but if you push forward + light attack at the same time you'll do a forward kick that staggers enemies who have their shields up. It's a massive help for spear wielding enemies.

Also as for the drake sword, it takes roughly 40 arrows to get and don't worry about missing. It can be a big help when you first get it and I find for most people it's the boost they need to really get into the game, but it's not worth upgrading or using for very long.

The other guy mentioned the lightning spear in Sen's Funhouse. As far as default dropped weapons it's one of the best but if you use the halberd, claymore or zweihander and upgrade them when you can they'll be better weapons at that point (and in general) than the lightning spear. Raw reinforcement is a waste btw.

Response to The Game You're Currently Playing 2014-09-13 17:39:09

At 9/13/14 03:19 PM, Jackho wrote:
At 9/9/14 11:46 PM, Sense-Offender wrote: I was grinding like crazy in Dark Souls. I got my vitality and endurance past 20 and also leveled up dexterity one point.
I really don't think you should do that man, but whatever

Is it because I might make the game too easy? Something about PVP?

I figure I should leave that black knight alone for now
Black Knights are a cakewalk once you get good at parrying.

I need to practice that more.

You probably know this but if you push forward + light attack at the same time you'll do a forward kick that staggers enemies who have their shields up. It's a massive help for spear wielding enemies.

Yeah. It's kind of unreliable to me, though, cuz sometimes I end up just swinging my sword. And I was practicing the parry/riposte with the two spearmen right by the staircase where the undead merchant is and sometimes, I kill them immediately with no problem and other times, I totally screw it up and get stabbed.

I bought the short bow, scimitar and spear. I only felt out the spear and scimitar for a minute, but I don't think I like the moves of the scimitar. They seem impractical. Not sure about the spear, but I like the range. I didn't try out the bow yet. I had also picked up three crossbows from enemies and I tried it for a second. I guess you can't aim with the crossbow, but maybe it works alright to have equipped in the second right hand slot for jumping back and taking a quick shot and switching right back. I dunno. I see firebombs are actually pretty cheap. Maybe I should get familiar with those. Merchants never run out of arrows or bombs, right? Just certain items like humanity and twinkling titanite?

sig by JaY11

Letterboxd

BBS Signature

Response to The Game You're Currently Playing 2014-09-13 17:50:55

Played some Psychonauts today.

Never played it before and I've never heard that much about it either, but it looks to be an excellent and original game. For some reason it reminds me a bit of 90's Cartoon Network and Spongebob Squarepants. I got a few good laughs out of the cutscenes I've seen so far and the level design seems interesting.

[Forum, Portal and Icon Mod]

Wi/Ht? #36 // Steam: Auz

The Top 100 Reviewers List (Last updated: 5 May 2018)

BBS Signature

Response to The Game You're Currently Playing 2014-09-13 19:28:28

Played more Code Veroncia. Still terrified the ammo conservation is going to bite me in the ass later. I've heard you've got to be super strict with it so I've been hardly killing anything, and using the knife when I do.

I've just come back from Alexia's castle thing for the first time, then got fucking destroyed by the two bandersnatches in the room the silver key you get from there opens up.

I'm sitting on around 120 pistol rounds, 160 blowgun arrows, 20 gunpowder arrows and 12 grenades although I'll probably use some of them to drop the two bandersnatches since dodging seemed pretty impossible. Only weapon I've fired is the pistol. Health wise I've used the only red herb I've come across, and have maybe half a dozen green herbs, two healing sprays and there's at least 2 green herbs I didn't pick up on the way out of the prison.

I've got like 7 save files because I'm terrified of fucking up.

BBS Signature

Response to The Game You're Currently Playing 2014-09-13 20:10:18

At 9/13/14 05:50 PM, Auz wrote: Played some Psychonauts today.

Never played it before and I've never heard that much about it either, but it looks to be an excellent and original game. For some reason it reminds me a bit of 90's Cartoon Network and Spongebob Squarepants. I got a few good laughs out of the cutscenes I've seen so far and the level design seems interesting.

Psychonauts is one of the best freaking games ever made. I hope Tim Schaeffer makes another great console game like that.

sig by JaY11

Letterboxd

BBS Signature

Response to The Game You're Currently Playing 2014-09-14 05:59:38

At 9/13/14 08:10 PM, Sense-Offender wrote:
At 9/13/14 05:50 PM, Auz wrote: Played some Psychonauts today.

Psychonauts is one of the best freaking games ever made. I hope Tim Schaeffer makes another great console game like that.

I got the Steam version though, but thankfully it has controller support cause it's awkward to play with a keyboard and mouse.

[Forum, Portal and Icon Mod]

Wi/Ht? #36 // Steam: Auz

The Top 100 Reviewers List (Last updated: 5 May 2018)

BBS Signature

Response to The Game You're Currently Playing 2014-09-14 11:06:17

At 9/13/14 05:39 PM, Sense-Offender wrote: Is it because I might make the game too easy? Something about PVP?

You'll make the game too easy. Much of the appeal is from overcoming the challenges through building your skill rather than grinding stats. You might throw off the PvP too but that's not much of an issue, most players are in the range of level 120 anyway.

Yeah. It's kind of unreliable to me, though, cuz sometimes I end up just swinging my sword. And I was practicing the parry/riposte with the two spearmen right by the staircase where the undead merchant is and sometimes, I kill them immediately with no problem and other times, I totally screw it up and get stabbed.

The mechanics can feel a bit finnicky but once you get it down you'll hit every time.

I bought the short bow, scimitar and spear. I only felt out the spear and scimitar for a minute, but I don't think I like the moves of the scimitar. They seem impractical. Not sure about the spear, but I like the range.

I didn't like the curved swords either. The big advantage of the spear is that it lets you attack while your shield is up.

I had also picked up three crossbows from enemies and I tried it for a second. I guess you can't aim with the crossbow, but maybe it works alright to have equipped in the second right hand slot for jumping back and taking a quick shot and switching right back. I dunno. I see firebombs are actually pretty cheap. Maybe I should get familiar with those. Merchants never run out of arrows or bombs, right? Just certain items like humanity and twinkling titanite?

Yeah merchants never run out of some basic items, and yeah crossbows are pretty much just used for getting a quick unexpected ranged attack in. It's mostly just useful for PvP though, I never used a crossbow offline. A regular bow is very useful though, I always had one equipped in my second weapon slot. I never used firebombs past the first few hours but it's good to carry plenty of arrows (like a hundred+), you never know when you'll need them.

Response to The Game You're Currently Playing 2014-09-14 11:08:26

At 9/14/14 05:59 AM, Auz wrote: I got the Steam version though, but thankfully it has controller support cause it's awkward to play with a keyboard and mouse.

I've been wanting to be able to play my emulators with a controller. Might eventually get a Magic Joy Box sometime. The problem with my computer, though, is the PS/2 keyboard port is screwed and I gotta get a usb keyboard. Hopefully the hub man I got would be able to have that, a Magic Joy Box and my external hard drive all working at the same time.

sig by JaY11

Letterboxd

BBS Signature

Response to The Game You're Currently Playing 2014-09-14 15:39:42

At 9/13/14 07:28 PM, TheMaster wrote: Played more Code Veroncia. Still terrified the ammo conservation is going to bite me in the ass later. I've heard you've got to be super strict with it so I've been hardly killing anything, and using the knife when I do.

It's been ages since I played CV but I didn't have that much of a problem with ammo. Save the gunpowder bolts, other than that just play smart and don't kill when you don't need to. Killing the bandersnatchers would be fine. You're probably being more strict than you have to be.

Response to The Game You're Currently Playing 2014-09-14 16:38:56

At 9/14/14 03:39 PM, Jackho wrote: It's been ages since I played CV but I didn't have that much of a problem with ammo. Save the gunpowder bolts, other than that just play smart and don't kill when you don't need to. Killing the bandersnatchers would be fine. You're probably being more strict than you have to be.

I just finished disc 1. Had to reload a save because I used the BOW grenades when the Tyrant first showed up, and I could not beat him on the plane without them. Tried at least a dozen times. Once I had them back I was able to weaken him enough for the catapult before he even came on screen, just standing in place by the door.

Fight was total bullshit when trying to do it properly.

BBS Signature

Response to The Game You're Currently Playing 2014-09-14 16:52:39

At 9/14/14 04:38 PM, TheMaster wrote: Fight was total bullshit when trying to do it properly

He's what the explosive bolts are usually saved for and probably the hardest part of the game. It should get easier from here so long as you don't shaft yourself or have an unlucky streak.

How about that Alfred/Alexia plot twist though

Response to The Game You're Currently Playing 2014-09-14 17:08:18

At 9/14/14 04:52 PM, Jackho wrote: He's what the explosive bolts are usually saved for and probably the hardest part of the game. It should get easier from here so long as you don't shaft yourself or have an unlucky streak.

I should be fine then. I've still got 30 explosive bolts, 14 grenades and 4 acid grenades. I've never fired those guns with a percentage for ammo that you get right near the start when the zombie carrying them comes through a window at you, either. Got at least 7 or 8 green herbs and half a dozen healing sprays, too.

I'm quite enjoying it, actually. Might just be because I took a break between the previous games (ran through REmake, 2, 3 and Zero pretty much back to back) but it's nice and open, not trivially easy like everything bar REmake, and there's been hardly any inventory fuckery where you've got to go back and forwards between item boxes every five minutes. Plenty of space for everything you need.

How about that Alfred/Alexia plot twist though

I'm hardly paying attention at this point, it's all very silly. My favourite part so far was Wesker showing up, dumping exposition at the player for a minute or two, kicking Claire in the head, and flying away like he's Superman. Also fuck Steve, I want to punch him in the throat every time I hear his voice.

BBS Signature

Response to The Game You're Currently Playing 2014-09-15 08:58:31

At 9/14/14 05:08 PM, TheMaster wrote: I'm hardly paying attention at this point, it's all very silly.

That's what makes it so good though. Probably the best Resi plot. 5 is almost as ridiculous but with less surprises and takes itself way too seriously.

Also fuck Steve, I want to punch him in the throat every time I hear his voice

Steve is such a horrible character that I end up liking him in a roundabout way. Surely they realized how hateable he is during development, he's an absolute dipshit even if he didn't have the worst voice actor too

Just look at this fucking design, it perfectly captures the feel of games in the early 2000s

The Game You're Currently Playing

Response to The Game You're Currently Playing 2014-09-15 15:44:32

Outlast. May God have mercy.

Response to The Game You're Currently Playing 2014-09-15 15:56:24

Ive been playing alot of fistfullof frags a free western themed fps its alot of fun , i would recommend very much , it gets way better once you learn the ropes .

Steam |

Yes i do like mudkips