00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

TheADHX just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

The Game You're Currently Playing

353,415 Views | 5,147 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to The Game You're Currently Playing 2013-12-12 22:11:19

got my copy of Gran Turismo 6 in the mail two days ago and have been playing it mostly all day. I mean its a pretty solid game, but if you didn't like GT5, then you're not going to like 6. Its basically the same but with more cars, a few more tracks, and it looks a tad nicer.

The work, which becomes a new genre itself, will be called...

BBS Signature

Response to The Game You're Currently Playing 2013-12-12 22:25:12

At 12/12/13 10:11 PM, HighWay wrote: got my copy of Gran Turismo 6 in the mail two days ago and have been playing it mostly all day. I mean its a pretty solid game, but if you didn't like GT5, then you're not going to like 6. Its basically the same but with more cars, a few more tracks, and it looks a tad nicer.

also the microtransactions thing is really a non issue. I've put i think about 30 hours into the game and not once have i needed to redo missions to get extra cash. the example car that they use is a car you can even use in an event until halfway through the game. and its not even the best car. The cars you really want (the best race cars in the game) are in the ~8 - 10 million credits mark. The Jaguar is 20 million credits. by the time you're allowed to use them I'm sure you'll have around that much anyway if you saved up. (I cant say because im not actually at that point yet)

but thats just me ranting. idk why i am. just wanted to voice my opinion, i guess.

BBS Signature

Response to The Game You're Currently Playing 2013-12-12 22:40:35

At 12/11/13 10:43 PM, Stretchysumo wrote: Dragon's Crown

Yet another reason I want a PS3. I really liked Muramasa: the Demon Blade, so I was annoyed when I found out Dragon's Crown wasn't gonna be on 360 or Wii.

sig by JaY11

Letterboxd

one of the four horsemen of the Metal Hell

BBS Signature

Response to The Game You're Currently Playing 2013-12-14 13:38:55

After finishing this semester at uni, I've been unwinding with Forza Motorsport 4 on the Xbox 360 with the intention of completing that damned Event List. Have you seen that shit? It's fucking huge. I love this game though - there's such depth in customisation of your cars; a wide variety to purchase; a wide variety of locations and courses; online multiplayer and a level-up system that fucking rocks. One of my favourite racing games out there at the moment and Forza 5 sounds like such a disappointment if it's true that you have less variety in courses and cars.

Also I've recently finished Diablo III on the Xbox 360 too. I was expecting dog shit due to how much criticism the game had received, but removing the shoddy marketplace and allowing offline play was pretty neat, and overall it made for a fairly addictive game. I think I got about 30+ hours clocked in on it, which is going to increase soon as my brothers are also picking the game up so we can all play online.

| Facebook | last.fm | Steam |

it's just diana ross slowed down 11/10 it's fuckin awful

BBS Signature

Response to The Game You're Currently Playing 2013-12-14 13:40:00

At 12/11/13 10:43 PM, Stretchysumo wrote: Who wants to bro-op in Dragon's Crown? Online is pretty dead.

Online multiplayer is dead already? Shit, it hasn't even been out a year yet.

| Facebook | last.fm | Steam |

it's just diana ross slowed down 11/10 it's fuckin awful

BBS Signature

Response to The Game You're Currently Playing 2013-12-14 18:01:02

Finally beat the Elite 4 in Pokemon X

Since I have zero interest in doing any post game stuff I am considering this the end of the game for myself and am now moving on to The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds.

On Wii U I am still playing through Wind Waker HD
On Xbox 360 I am giving up on my Dark Souls playthrough for the time being and starting up red dead redemption.
On PS3 I am still on my 2nd Tales of Xillia playthrough but regrettably haven't made much progress on that in recent weeks.

Response to The Game You're Currently Playing 2013-12-14 18:27:13

At 12/14/13 06:01 PM, Emlfuryoflion wrote: On Xbox 360 I am giving up on my Dark Souls

Is that game really as ridiculously impossible as people say? They said that about Dragon's Dogma, but while it's definitely challenging, you'll be okay as long as you don't try to do something you're too low level for and you make sure to do a lot of grinding. Although I still can't imagine beating a dragon. Inonly came across one, but I reloaded a whole bunch of times, getting slaughtered over and over until I just found a way around it without fighting it. Cuz I was thinking of getting Dark Souls, but it seems kinda intimidating. Is it really that infuriating?

starting up red dead redemption.

That's one of my favorite 360 games.

sig by JaY11

Letterboxd

BBS Signature

Response to The Game You're Currently Playing 2013-12-14 18:39:44

At 12/14/13 01:40 PM, Mechabloby wrote:
At 12/11/13 10:43 PM, Stretchysumo wrote: Who wants to bro-op in Dragon's Crown? Online is pretty dead.
Online multiplayer is dead already? Shit, it hasn't even been out a year yet.

I've been finding more games recently. I think I just had to wait for all the new players to unlock online

PSN ID/Gamertag: KittensWithBeer

BBS Signature

Response to The Game You're Currently Playing 2013-12-14 18:45:39

Dark Souls is far from brutally difficult, it just has a steep learning curve. After you learn the game, it's pretty easy. Don't let the ”durk sulls hardest game evr” people put you off. It's not unfair, it just actually requires you to get some skill at the game if you want to progress. Co-op makes even the hardest parts easy if you have a good partner.

BBS Signature

Response to The Game You're Currently Playing 2013-12-14 19:17:54

At 12/14/13 06:27 PM, Sense-Offender wrote:
At 12/14/13 06:01 PM, Emlfuryoflion wrote: On Xbox 360 I am giving up on my Dark Souls
Is that game really as ridiculously impossible as people say? They said that about Dragon's Dogma, but while it's definitely challenging, you'll be okay as long as you don't try to do something you're too low level for and you make sure to do a lot of grinding. Although I still can't imagine beating a dragon. Inonly came across one, but I reloaded a whole bunch of times, getting slaughtered over and over until I just found a way around it without fighting it. Cuz I was thinking of getting Dark Souls, but it seems kinda intimidating. Is it really that infuriating?

It definitely gets annoying at times but it definitely seems beatable. I've just run into a road block is all. The game is very hard but sometimes it's easy to get lost as well. When I return to the game at a later point I may need to use a guide to figure out where I am going because I think where I ended up stopping might be further ahead than I am supposed to be.

Either that or I am just bad at the game. Of course I wouldn't be the first one to admit that though. Honestly I had no idea where I was supposed to go when I stopped. All my options on where to go were extremely difficult though. I'm just hoping there was some strategy I was missing or some pathway that I missed along the way. For the time being though I'm just taking a break from that because it can become frustrating if you let it.

Response to The Game You're Currently Playing 2013-12-15 00:59:48

Picked up the first Roller Coaster Tycoon game and the expansions and have been having a nostalgia blast with that. It finally feels so good to actually know what i'm doing now :P

BBS Signature

Response to The Game You're Currently Playing 2013-12-15 18:51:42

My Skyrim addiction continues, oh God, this happens every year around this time!

Tale of Enki: Pilgrimage, an RPG with a few twists. Available to buy it on Steam here!

BBS Signature

Response to The Game You're Currently Playing 2013-12-20 07:22:21

Grabbed blood money on sale for 5 bucks. Only played Absolution, which I've heard is comparatively shit, so I'm sure I'll love Blood Money. Only on the third mission so far, but I can really notice how this game doesn't hold your hand at all. You're just thrown into a level with some targets and it's up to you to decide how to tackle it. It's already seeming way better than Absolution.

BBS Signature

Response to The Game You're Currently Playing 2013-12-20 12:39:23

At 12/15/13 12:59 AM, HighWay wrote: Picked up the first Roller Coaster Tycoon game and the expansions and have been having a nostalgia blast with that. It finally feels so good to actually know what i'm doing now :P

oh man! roller coaster tycoon! that game surely was fun, even when we all had no idea what we were doing as children. i recall rigging my roller coasters at high speeds to fly off incomplete tracks. the death and devastation! and then the next people would hop on the same ride like nothing was amiss. good times!

Response to The Game You're Currently Playing 2013-12-20 23:55:17

I've been playing Starbound, but I've decided to take a break from it, because it's way too early on in the game to get burnt out on it. The trend in the last few years of releasing games before they're done annoys me so much. I like Starbound as it is so I don't want to wait to play it but then if I play it now I'll have to wait a long time for the actual finished product. And if it's anything like Terraria I'll be completely burnt out on the game before the finished product is out so I'll never actually end up playing the finish product.

At 12/14/13 06:45 PM, Stretchysumo wrote: Dark Souls is far from brutally difficult, it just has a steep learning curve. After you learn the game, it's pretty easy. Don't let the ”durk sulls hardest game evr” people put you off. It's not unfair, it just actually requires you to get some skill at the game if you want to progress. Co-op makes even the hardest parts easy if you have a good partner.

Yeah, it's not that hard. There's only two parts I remember getting frustrated. The Anor Londo archers, and the Bed of Chaos. And that's because both of them are straight up unfair. Everything else in the game is fair, but neither Anor Londo archers nor Bed of Chaos are fair at all.

Response to The Game You're Currently Playing 2013-12-21 02:16:54

Giant update to Dragon's Crown is out. Adds new attacks for players and enemies, ultimate difficulty with level cap of 255, completely new dungeon similar to the Labyrinth of Chaos, and some balancing.

BBS Signature

Response to The Game You're Currently Playing 2013-12-21 18:43:22

I've finished Mass Effect. Excellent game overall. I'll probably give it another run someday.

Right now I'm playing Metroid: Zero Mission and Counter Strike: Source. I'm mostly sticking to matches vs bots at the moment, because I can't win at all against the more experienced players.

[Forum, Portal and Icon Mod]

Wi/Ht? #36 // Steam: Auz

The Top 100 Reviewers List (Last updated: 5 May 2018)

BBS Signature

Response to The Game You're Currently Playing 2013-12-21 19:40:08

At 3/24/08 12:14 AM, CapnCrunchDaPimp wrote: What's the game(s) you've been playing recently?

I've been playing Pokemon Gold and Earthbound.

still trying to finish road of the dead 1

Response to The Game You're Currently Playing 2013-12-22 13:09:10

Blood Money is the best 5 bucks I've ever spent. The sheer variety of the way you can handle things and the entertainment value of so many of them is just brilliant. This game is everything a game should be. It gives you a lot of freedom, the difficulty actually makes the AI smarter, it's got a good amount of humor, and it's just really fun when it comes down to it. I've been playing on expert. The only reason I'm not doing professional is because sometimes I run into a glitch and it screws everything up, so I want to be able to save. Really, though, this is the best game I've played all year. It blows Absolution out of the water.

BBS Signature

Response to The Game You're Currently Playing 2013-12-22 13:59:22

At 12/22/13 01:09 PM, Stretchysumo wrote: Blood Money is the best 5 bucks I've ever spent. The sheer variety of the way you can handle things and the entertainment value of so many of them is just brilliant. This game is everything a game should be. It gives you a lot of freedom, the difficulty actually makes the AI smarter, it's got a good amount of humor, and it's just really fun when it comes down to it. I've been playing on expert. The only reason I'm not doing professional is because sometimes I run into a glitch and it screws everything up, so I want to be able to save. Really, though, this is the best game I've played all year. It blows Absolution out of the water.

I especially got a kick out of the suburbs level. It was cool completing it with the highest rank, but I kept going back to mess around there and kill everyone.

sig by JaY11

Letterboxd

BBS Signature

Response to The Game You're Currently Playing 2013-12-22 14:07:02

Currently I am playing the Steam version of FATE, it's an incredibly addictive RPG.

Response to The Game You're Currently Playing 2013-12-22 22:11:00

At 3/24/08 12:14 AM, CapnCrunchDaPimp wrote: What's the game(s) you've been playing recently?

I've been playing Pokemon Gold and Earthbound.

Batman Arkham Asylum on the Xbox 360.

I'm just a girl from Texas. Nothing much.

Response to The Game You're Currently Playing 2013-12-22 23:14:08

At 12/22/13 10:11 PM, sonicfangirl01 wrote: Batman Arkham Asylum on the Xbox 360.

i have been meaning to play those games. i have yet to start, and with the release of Origins i feel i am very behind.

Response to The Game You're Currently Playing 2013-12-23 00:00:41

I recently purchased the Elder Scrolls Anthology for the PC a few weeks ago, so I've mainly been pouring my spare time into Skyrim. I've logged something of like 30 hours already.

I've also been playing some Pokemon Y, and Grand Theft Auto Online.

I am the Career Gecko, the Geico guy is an imposter.

BBS Signature

Response to The Game You're Currently Playing 2013-12-23 00:01:13

At 12/22/13 11:14 PM, FRAYDO wrote:
At 12/22/13 10:11 PM, sonicfangirl01 wrote: Batman Arkham Asylum on the Xbox 360.
i have been meaning to play those games. i have yet to start, and with the release of Origins i feel i am very behind.

I know that feel, bro. You're not alone...

I'm just a girl from Texas. Nothing much.

Response to The Game You're Currently Playing 2013-12-23 01:22:32

At 12/23/13 12:26 AM, Bryan wrote: GTA V, leveling up Online is so fucking hard, but I'm trying my best to avoid cheating.

Also TF2. Lots of TF2.

Don't even bother avoiding cheating. Fuck rockstar for making it a grindfest and trying to get you to buy gtabux after making the most money ever on a game.

BBS Signature

Response to The Game You're Currently Playing 2013-12-23 01:25:13

Play Asylum and City. Skip Origins, it's a rehash of City's map made by different devs. Both games should be dirt cheap now.

BBS Signature

Response to The Game You're Currently Playing 2013-12-23 02:54:55

At 12/23/13 01:25 AM, Stretchysumo wrote:
Play Asylum and City. Skip Origins, it's a rehash of City's map made by different devs. Both games should be dirt cheap now.

I agree with this completely. WB Games didn't do much if anything with the formula and actually went backwards in some regards. Arkham City/Asylum were recently on the Humble Bundle for $6.00 too. If not that Steam Christmas sale.

Que Sara, Sara

Response to The Game You're Currently Playing 2013-12-24 18:47:58

Lets see

Dead or Alive 4 and 5
Brütal Legend
Street Fighter III online
Marvel Vs Capcom 2
Contra 3 Alien Wars
Final Fantasy I
Final Fantasy VII

That's a few off the top of my head currently

Sig by @Brokendeck

BBS Signature

Response to The Game You're Currently Playing 2013-12-25 13:36:10

Just started playing Tokyo Jungle. It's a very interesting concept for a game. I really like it so far. I would recommend checking this out if you want something completely different from everything else on the market. It's only $15 on PSN.

BBS Signature